IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #164

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Per the court documents just released, Allen admitted to his wife several times in a on April 3, 2023 phone call that he killed Abby and Libby. His wife then hung up on him. After that, Allen began "acting strangely". He wet the legal papers left him by his attorneys and ate them! He stopped eating and sleeping. He stopped making phone calls to his wife.

Excerpted from pages 145-146 of the documents, see below link,

View attachment 431838
View attachment 431840
I wonder if he has pica.
He probably hated reading what was documented.

Last edited:
Or it had something in it that wasn’t water? Or could have had something in it at some point that wasn’t water or just water??
For sure it was probably taken bc something was weird about it. OOPS (a fitting acronym) - out of place stuff. Like the Kleenex in the kitchen/on the dining room table in the Ramsey house (this was a lightbulb moment for me, and I’ve never forgotten it). Or there was something on/in it that shouldn’t have been. I can’t think of a more benign/common object for people to have almost anywhere in their house/vehicle, so for LE to pick it up, something wasn’t right about it.

A little research on "fabric straps" was interesting. That "load securing" caught my eye. I wonder if the supply trucks to the drug store used that. I see ads for heavy cotton webbing for arts and crafts, too.

Is it something that was left at the scene and they are looking for a match?

What is the strap fabric called?
Webbing - Wikipedia

Webbing is a strong fabric woven as a flat strip or tube of varying width and fibres, often used in place of rope. It is a versatile component used in climbing, slacklining, furniture manufacturing, automobile safety, auto racing, towing, parachuting, military apparel, load securing, and many other fields.
Load securing straps are pretty specific and very, very tough. But I wonder if they were “laymen’s” load securing straps (like what you’d use to secure a Christmas tree or mattress to the top of your car, with the hooks - not super long) or ones used to secure cars/cargo on a flatbed/open trailer/inside an 18-wheeler - the kind you pull through the metal rings, like an old school Navy belt.

6.5 - 8 mens could very well be close in size to L and A's shoes. I'm betting there were multiple prints around the area, including bare foot prints, since we know at least one of L's shoes was off. But the fact that they collected boots, and were collecting boots from Packers right after the murders, suggests to me they have the boot prints. Hopefully! Maybe that was even a factor when they came up with the description height, along with the video and witness descriptions.
We know one shoe was found across the creek. We don’t know at what point it came off or how it got there.

I wonder if she was missing the sock on that foot as well?

We know one shoe was found across the creek. We don’t know at what point it came off or how it got there.

I wonder if she was missing the sock on that foot as well?
I’m wondering if she noticed it was loose bc it came untied, and she let it slip off to leave a breadcrumb. I would have done this exact thing.

Load securing straps are pretty specific and very, very tough. But I wonder if they were “laymen’s” load securing straps (like what you’d use to secure a Christmas tree or mattress to the top of your car, with the hooks - not super long) or ones used to secure cars/cargo on a flatbed/open trailer/inside an 18-wheeler - the kind you pull through the metal rings, like an old school Navy belt.

I've had the same web nylon tactical belt for like 4 years, now. Oh it's tough.

Same straps/belts I've seen on deer stands, backpacks, trailer straps, etc. Only downside to them regarding performance is UV light breaks them down, over time.

JMO

Updated: Jun 29, 2023 / 05:57 PM EDT

CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. — Attorneys representing Delphi murders suspect Richard Allen have filed a court petition to speak with a convicted child molester who they say may be a “potential witness” in their client’s case.

Attorneys Bradley Rozzi and Andrew Baldwin, the defense lawyers representing Allen in a Carroll County double murder trial, filed a motion Thursday asking the court to allow them to visit and speak with an Indiana inmate being housed at the same facility as their client.

CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. — Attorneys representing Delphi murders suspect Richard Allen have filed a court petition to speak with a convicted child molester who they say may be a “potential witness” in their client’s case.

Attorneys Bradley Rozzi and Andrew Baldwin, the defense lawyers representing Allen in a Carroll County double murder trial, filed a motion Thursday asking the court to allow them to visit and speak with an Indiana inmate being housed at the same facility as their client.
Is this the dude who wrote a letter and it’s part of the document drop yesterday? He claims he’s seen and heard RA being abused in by staff and other convicts?

Here's the Motion:

06/29/2023Motion Filed
Motion for Order on Visitation with Inmate
Filed By: Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp: 06/29/2023

Why yes, yes it is the same dude.

One document that was unsealed by Judge Gull was a letter written by a Westville Correctional inmate to a Carroll County Clerk dated April 11. That inmate shares the same name and DOC number as the one Allen’s attorneys are now requesting to speak with.

In the letter, which can be read here, the inmate and convicted child molester claimed that Allen was being abused and mistreated by inmates and guards alike. He added that prison guards would call Allen “a kid killer” while also teasing him by claiming that he had family visiting.”

Here's my second batch of documents; that was some dry reading.
pages 65 and 89 were interesting, imo.

Pg 61 = Minutes, sets 2 Mil Bail (Oct 27)
Pg 62 = Pre-Omnibus Order
Pg 64 = Order Acknowledging Public Hearing on Accessing Records (Nov 2)
Pg 65 = Order on RA Transfer to DoC (Nov 3) ****
Pg 67 = Order of Diener Recusal, Special Judge
Pg 68 = Order; Court Appoints Rozzi and Baldwin (N0v 14)
Pg 69 = Courthouse Decorum for Nov 22 Hearing (Nov 18)
Pg 72 = Order to Set Bail Hearing on Feb 17, 2023 (Nov 22)
Pg 73 = Order Re: Media Access to PCA and Charging Info (Nov 22)
Pg 74 = Order on Release of PCA and Charging Document (Nov 28)
Pg 76 = Order on Prohibiting Dissemination of Information (Dec 1)
Pg 77 = Order on Rozzi Press Release, Prohibiting (Dec 2)
Pg 79 = Orders RA Supp. Motion for Discovery set for Jan 13, 2023 (Jan 9)
Pg 80 = Decorum Order
Pg 83 = Grants State's Motion Prohibiting Disseminating Info
Pg 85 = Order, Jury Venire from Allen Co, Trial in Carroll Co. (Jan 24)
Pg 86 = RA Petition to Let Bail Continued (Feb 16)
Pg 87 = Reset Time of Feb 17 Hearing (Feb 16)
Pg 88 = Ordering Release Of Prohibited Docs from Oct 28 (Feb 17)
Pg 89 = Protective Order of Discovery 11 Instructions (Feb 17) ****
Pg 91 = Order to Continue Bail Hearing (Feb 21)
Pg 92 = Gull's Authorization to Move RA Within DoC for Medical (Apr 14)
Pg 93 = Orders on RA's 3 Motions to Quash, Westville and CVS (May 25)
Pg 94 = Decorum Rules (June 12)
Pg 97 = Order to Release RA's Medical Records (June 16)
Pg 98 = Various Issues to be Considered by Judge (June 20)
Pg 100 = Order on Initial Hearing, 20 Days to Retain Council (Oct 28)

Last edited:
From page 110/111, in the search warrant affidavit, the witnesses describe the man as "kinda creepy" and telling one another "someone's grumpy." They have also described him as being on a mission, like he knew where he was going, mostly not showing his face, and not responding to their "hi."

He obviously had a gun and knife on him, and while I respect that he might have always carried those things on him, on that particular day, he not only had them on him, but he also couldn't be cordial to young girls, went straight to the MHB, then stayed around there, coincidentally running across two teenage girls alone, who he could control with the gun and kill with the knife.

I'm just...I'm going to be surprised if he didn't know they were coming. I'm sorry, I'm trying to convince myself otherwise...
Walking past people with a purpose is one way not to engage. MOO for me it doesn't pin down whether he was actually on a mission, or he just realized he was being creepy and avoided of engaging with those particular 3 girls.

I know it's been stated before that his wife and mother have attended his court appearances, but I don't believe it's been mentioned that his daughter has been there to support them, correct?

This is pure speculation (and if I am in the wrong, please delete and slap me on the wrist), but...I have had the sad experience of dating a few girlfriends who were sexually assaulted by family member; in one particularly upsetting case, by a father and then, sadly, a step-father. They confided that information to me, but they never went to law enforcement and never, ever told their mothers.

Again, pure speculation. But if the daughter is not showing up to support her father...does anyone else think she could have been one of his victims and knew full well of what he was capable of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member