IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #164

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2017 the CO collected RA's cell phone MEID and MEIDHEX. My hunch is that the location data pulled from the towers at the scene, combined with his cell phone information somehow lead LE to clear RA initially. If you think back...LE was getting the mobile ID off of everyone's phone that was in the area...it sounds like even from the searchers that came out to help that night. One of the US Marshals working this case specializes in mobile phone tracking...I really think that has something to do with it...and potentially also why LE feels confident they can put him on the bridge and charge felony murder...but maybe was not confident enough to put him at the crime scene and charge him with intentional murder.

JMO

Wow, that's interesting if true.. .I thought it was still illegal to try to obtain a general cell tower search warrant for all people... as opposed to a specific cell phone. Do you happen to have a link?

Sorry, yes, to be clear I always wondered if they delayed the announcement to push closer to Election Day news cycles. If I remember correctly they pushed the presser to the point that people more or less knew what was going on the prior week, but no official word till Monday.

(I think I was on Reddit not WS at the time, so I don’t know how much “leaked” info was allowed here.)

Not alleging any conspiracy or that they have the wrong person, just you know … “all politics is local” or whatever.

I thought one of the important LE officials or prosecutor was out of town until Monday is why they delayed the press conference?

I was talking more about the geo fence data, though...that has more to do with check-ins that your apps are making with providers and less to do with tower triangulations from what I understand. But it would matter if, say, the rural nature of the geographic area made connectivity in general an issue for these apps to run their background GPS and other check-ins.
Agree, and I see.
MOO then the importance of the tower data is confirming where the phone was on the arc at the time the app data shows check in.

If he saw her with a phone, do you think he would have remembered to retrieve it?
I don't think he would have necessarily only because he left the scene muddy and bloody and was seen doing so by a witness. I wonder if he wasn't thinking clearly at all and just bailed after the deed was done? Who the hell takes a chance leaving a murder scene bloody and muddy?? Unless that guy wasn't the killer???

I'm wondering if the water bottle had his DNA but not from drinking. I don't want to go into further detail because it would be disgusting, but that would give it a sexually motivated angle that no one had thought of before.
I could have gone my whole life without reading / considering this, but thanks, I think?

Per the court documents just released, Allen admitted to his wife several times in a on April 3, 2023 phone call that he killed Abby and Libby. His wife then hung up on him. After that, Allen began "acting strangely". He wet the legal papers left him by his attorneys and ate them! He stopped eating and sleeping. He stopped making phone calls to his wife.

Excerpted from pages 145-146 of the documents, see below link,

1688068519410.png
1688069023707.png

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this heartfelt post. I couldn't stop thinking of Abby's & Libby's families yesterday thinking when will this nightmare end for them... So so sorry for their pain. :(
It will NEVER end in their lifetime
The best they can do is learn to live with it and try to help each other survive and to live their best lives for the Girls

From page 110/111, in the search warrant affidavit, the witnesses describe the man as "kinda creepy" and telling one another "someone's grumpy." They have also described him as being on a mission, like he knew where he was going, mostly not showing his face, and not responding to their "hi."

He obviously had a gun and knife on him, and while I respect that he might have always carried those things on him, on that particular day, he not only had them on him, but he also couldn't be cordial to young girls, went straight to the MHB, then stayed around there, coincidentally running across two teenage girls alone, who he could control with the gun and kill with the knife.

I'm just...I'm going to be surprised if he didn't know they were coming. I'm sorry, I'm trying to convince myself otherwise...

I'm wondering if the water bottle had his DNA but not from drinking. I don't want to go into further detail because it would be disgusting, but that would give it a sexually motivated angle that no one had thought of before.
Not even that stupid. RA, I mean. No evidence at the CS.

Last edited:

The weird timing of his arrest and the way it wasn’t officially announced for a few days always made me side-eye the proximity of election day.
Is there any political reason, why RA didn't get arrested in 2017??

We know the male suspect isn’t in either of the two Snapchat 2:07pm pics. I’ve always been curious if there’s other pics on Libby’s cellphone because I can imagine a scenario where Abby is still on the bridge deck posing for other pics as he walks onto the bridge. I wonder, would that be enough to set him off into a rage, if the girls didn’t immediately get out of his path once they noticed him beginning to cross the bridge?
I always wondered if there aren’t other pics of him, how he was upon them so quickly. He must’ve been comfortable navigating that bridge and done it often. I do think he was at least a quarter in the bag that day - not enough to be a problem for him, but just enough to turn him into a braver man, and depending on what he drank, enough to help the rage break through the surface.

I have known alcoholics that drank just whatever was around and turned into rage beasts, but also have known the types who only turn into rage beasts when they drink a certain thing.

All MOO

It's just under 3/8 of a mile from the CS to the bridge, 1/2 mile roughly from the main trail section by the bridge to where his car was parked.

I hope this docu dump finally puts to rest any notion of what fantastical craziness people came up with after the murders. This was a crime that, for one perp, would have taken a lot of effort considering distances, planning, execution, etc., then there's how did he get away. I'd bet RA was exhausted after what he did.

JMO
Oh, 100% he was exhausted after that. Adrenaline dump is crazy.

So I know LE is obviously not saying everything that goes on behind the scenes but I want to make sure I have all of this correct because it seems almost too maddening for me to believe: LE was aware that RA was on the bridge on the day of the murders at the approximate time that the girls were there. Only a handful of people were on the bridge that day and he was the only adult male, plus he matches the body type and general appearance of the guy captured on video. How was he not made suspect #1, #2 and #3 on the day that he admitted to being there during the murders? The documents released today read as if no one ever realized any of this and the tip was just rediscovered in 2022, which lead to the follow up interview and then the search warrant. Did LE really just forget about the most obvious suspect for 5 years? Thank god RA was dumb or bold enough to not get rid of the 40 cal firearm during those 5 years or they would have next to nothing to prosecute a child murderer, let alone the 5 years of freedom he got after committing such a crime. Unbelievable
Right? I’m super flabbergasted and quite salty about this.

We talked a lot about footprints in the beginning, until the other story about how the bodies were found came out. Considering all the footwear they took from RA, I'm giving the footprint story serious thought.
The article below is dated Feb 15, 2017.

Uh-ohhhhh… looks like the FBI Footprint Guy is gonna make an appearance.

I’m wondering if foot prints made by RA may not have been collected since they were so small LE may have assumed they were made by other teens.
6.5 - 8 mens could very well be close in size to L and A's shoes. I'm betting there were multiple prints around the area, including bare foot prints, since we know at least one of L's shoes was off. But the fact that they collected boots, and were collecting boots from Packers right after the murders, suggests to me they have the boot prints. Hopefully! Maybe that was even a factor when they came up with the description height, along with the video and witness descriptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14