IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #164

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's called Objection Filed 6-27-2023 13.34.25 248103915 FFC47C07-5DAF-414E-9879-66EEBA100263.pdf

The documents have been OCR'd so they are searchable in the folder where you downloaded them. I just searched my folder for headbands and it came right up.
Which site are you using? I can't word search any of the documents I've tried so far.

Except a witness saw a man bloody and muddy in the area heading away from the crime scene at just before 4pm. So I don’t think the killer was still there by then - unless there was more than one person involved or the person the witness saw wasn’t involved at all.

Good point. <modsnip - rumors aren't allowed, just facts> Perhaps he initially took it with him, at some point damaged it, and then returned it to the scene thinking it had been sufficiently destroyed so as to be useless?

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> We know from the probable cause affidavit that it's near the end of the video that he says "down the hill." And we also know from a previous MSM interview with Leazenby that those words are said at the end of the high bridge, not somewhere else on the trails. Also I believe that the video is much shorter than people originally speculated; about 43 seconds long. If the video begins by showing his approach to the girls in the bridge, it's very unlikely that 43 seconds of footage also captures the water crossing.

He was sloppy and stupid, sloppy and arrogant...even placing himself on the bridge that day...even dancing next to his own wanted poster at the bar..keeping the gun and no doubt other items involved in these crimes..he left the phone at the scene..he had signatures that we will one day hear about. He had interactions with the family of the victims at CVS...he thought he had it in the bag..mOO
Who would be the most sloppy and arrogant bloke? The one, who has managed to get away from his crimes in the past unrecognized and unpunished - perhaps. The theory is something like this anyway.

We will see.

You would think someone in his circle of close family or friends would have said..Wow! you kinda look like BG or his wife seeing the similar clothes.
I totally agree with you. However, it's unsurprising to me that his wife of decades (they were high school sweethearts, right?) would have ever believed him possible of such a crime. Denial is strong, even if there are elements of his personality or things he had said or done that might have produced red flags. There were reports of police being called to their home over a domestic dispute, probably triggered by alcohol, and IMO if Allen was a heavy drinker, this could have also led his wife to excuse any potential red flags ("he was drunk," or "he just gets that way when he drinks, but he would never...").

As others have rightly commented, it was obvious from the beginning that the perpetrator was local to Delphi and acted out the crime in a location familiar and comfortable to him. Locals have commented that BG's attire was not at all unusual for men in the area. Probably most men in Delphi dress similarly (and having come from the Midwest, the attire is totally common across several surrounding states, which perhaps complicates things, but I digress), allowing Allen to fly under the radar. IMO, this alone should have prompted LE to look more closely at all local men, especially any who were nearby on the day of the crime.

RE: Kline and the "Anthony Shots" Instagram -- I agree that it seems too tremendous to be a coincidence. However, and unfortunately, it doesn't necessarily surprise me that there were multiple child predators operating out of Delphi and surrounding areas at the same time. That one of them was communicating with Libby German on the day before the murder is horrifying, but IMO I don't think these communications are related to the crime. Hopefully, though, LE will work to make any relevant connections between Kline and Allen if they do exist.

Well then, if he's convicted he's dead, too. If he was your loved one, I'd think you would want him close where you could visit often and keep your eye on things.

Aren't you even the least bit curious why they won't let him go to Cass Co. jail?
I believe Cass Co. does not have mental health professionals to treat him.

I can't stop wondering about the timing of these incidents in 2015...

On June 18, 2015 @ 3:30 am, LE visited RA's home for a "domestic" incident, RA was allegedly intoxicated, and his wife subsequently took him to a hospital for evaluation. (See: Delphi suspect Richard Allen involved in ‘domestic incident’ 2 years before teens’ murders)

On June 19, 2015 @ 8:45 am (a little over 5 hrs later), LE gets a call from a 3rd party about a body floating in Deer Creek. (Search suspended for reported body in Deer Creek) The search was called off after 3 hours due to the risk to LE of continuing, and a body was never found.

<modsnip - rumors aren't allowed, just facts>

JMO

"Richard Allen, the man charged with abducting and killing two young girls in Delphi, Indiana, in 2017, admitted to the crimes “no less than 5 times” in calls he made to his wife and mother while in prison awaiting trial, the district attorney said.

Also revealed for the first time on Wednesday was that the girls’ wounds were caused by “a sharp object,” according to a search warrant affidavit, specified as a knife in a June 13 motion. The detective who filed the search warrant also said that “articles of clothing from the girls were missing from the scene, including a pair of underwear and a sock” — another finding not previously known to the public."

"Richard Allen, the man charged with abducting and killing two young girls in Delphi, Indiana, in 2017, admitted to the crimes “no less than 5 times” in calls he made to his wife and mother while in prison awaiting trial, the district attorney said.

Also revealed for the first time on Wednesday was that the girls’ wounds were caused by “a sharp object,” according to a search warrant affidavit, specified as a knife in a June 13 motion. The detective who filed the search warrant also said that “articles of clothing from the girls were missing from the scene, including a pair of underwear and a sock” — another finding not previously known to the public."

We also know one of LG’s shoes was found on the bridge side of the creek (KG tells us this as do media reports from when the kids were found). I wonder why it was found there then? Placed? Left as a clue by LG? Lost in a struggle?? Is she the one who was missing a sock?

If she was missing a shoe - how is it searchers didn’t realize what they had come upon at the time when the kids were found???

I can't stop wondering about the timing of these incidents in 2015...

On June 18, 2015 @ 3:30 am, LE visited RA's home for a "domestic" incident, RA was allegedly intoxicated, and his wife subsequently took him to a hospital for evaluation. (See: Delphi suspect Richard Allen involved in ‘domestic incident’ 2 years before teens’ murders)

On June 19, 2015 @ 8:45 am (a little over 5 hrs later), LE gets a call from a 3rd party about a body floating in Deer Creek. (Search suspended for reported body in Deer Creek) The search was called off after 3 hours due to the risk to LE of continuing, and a body was never found.

<modsnip - Rumors aren't allowed, just facts>

JMO

Curious about the creek depth on the 18th and 19th, I went to the USGS data for the gauge east of MHB, in fact it's next to a small bridge where the creek narrows. Looks like it rained on the 16th, 17th, and maybe 18th or 19th.

Trophies???
And HEADBANDS are such an easy and widely available solution. Sports headbands are made to easily absorb your sweat and avoid drips into your eyes, down your face, or on the floor where you are working out. Even professional athletes use headbands when performing.25.03.2022 (Google)

Maybe, RA was interested in Sports and especially the sporty teenagers?

I don't know, just thinking out loud. I guess it would be surprising to me if they didn't try to get one at the time?

JMO
I just checked when first was obtained. Earlier than I had imagined.

“The government filed its first geofence search warrant in 2016, and by the end of 2019, Google was receiving about 180 search warrant requests per week from law enforcement officials across the country. . . .13 Apr 2023

What Are Geofence Warrants? - California Courts​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members