IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #164

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know LE is obviously not saying everything that goes on behind the scenes but I want to make sure I have all of this correct because it seems almost too maddening for me to believe: LE was aware that RA was on the bridge on the day of the murders at the approximate time that the girls were there. Only a handful of people were on the bridge that day and he was the only adult male, plus he matches the body type and general appearance of the guy captured on video. How was he not made suspect #1, #2 and #3 on the day that he admitted to being there during the murders? The documents released today read as if no one ever realized any of this and the tip was just rediscovered in 2022, which lead to the follow up interview and then the search warrant. Did LE really just forget about the most obvious suspect for 5 years? Thank god RA was dumb or bold enough to not get rid of the 40 cal firearm during those 5 years or they would have next to nothing to prosecute a child murderer, let alone the 5 years of freedom he got after committing such a crime. Unbelievable
You nailed it.

RA described his clothing worn that fateful day very similar to BG clothing that day. imo, the killing was about rage. So thankful that the monster didn’t repeat another killing while being free, that we know of.

Moo

This may have already been mentioned.

Interview in 2017, while at the Freedom Bridge RA saw 3 females. From there he walked to the High Bridge, and he did not see anybody, he said he was watching a stock ticker on his phone as he walked.

Interview on 10/13/2022, RA advised he saw 3 girls on Freedom Bridge and that he went onto Monon High Bridge to watch the fish.

So did RA change his story, from watching a stock ticker on his phone in 2017 to watching the fish, in 2022?

Correct me if this is wrong. TIA

I still firmly believe RA targeted Abby & Libby that day. What are the odds he arrives at MHB minutes before them being dropped off, passes the 3 other teen girls who said he was walking with a 'purpose'? The other witness (lady walking) saw him out on the first deck, I think he was stalling there in order to give the girls time to cross the bridge before he set off behind them, basically trapping them towards the end.

My gut says it wasn't a kidnapping attempt, I think it was a cold, premeditated, murder. If those girls were posed, as stated in the released docs, I wonder if he took pictures or videos? I hate to even type that, but it could be possible. He spent quite a bit of time at the CS.

Deep depravity going on here, no wonder he lost so much weight in jail. He did relatively fine in Westerville until the Defense dumped all that discovery on him, and he confessed to his wife and to his mother. Here's a man who knows what is about to come to light. I hope they can keep him alive until trial.

ALL MOO

I agree that RA’s purpose that day was to murder them. In the course of getting the girls in a position to murder them, he inadvertently kidnapped them.
I think the legal definition of kidnapping is simply taking another person from one location to another by force and against their will. By RA just forcing the girls down the hill and across the creek, he was kidnapping them. He didn’t have to put them in a car or take them to a house or a great distance.

The day before the documents drop, the marital home is on the market. Ouch.
Interesting strategy. I hope KA takes the proceeds and heads to Hawaii with her daughter. They are traumatized victims of his evil deception. Say goodbye to her people in Indiana. Nice change of scenery should do them good.
Wave hello to: Sunshine. Rainbows. Orchid leis. Mangos. Cocktails with umbrellas. I wish the family the best life possible.
I hate some of the things people are saying about the wife on social media. Some of them put her down for not having filed for divorce yet. I'm sure she needed a minute to process what was going on...the discovery from the State didn't come out until maybe March or April at the earliest...so she probably knew nothing until then...and at the point she likely learned anything...her spouse arguably became legally unable to sign documents.

If his lawyers are asking the court to order his medical records released to them because they are not confident their client can sign a HIPAA form...what makes people think divorcing him is going to be a cake walk for her? Not to mention if she files for divorce, does it call into question her authority under the POA he gave her? The POA that she needs to be able to sign documents on his behalf to sell the marital home and deal with other joint assets right now? It's likely just not as easy for her as people think.

JMO

My heart breaks for the needless stress caused these families by it taking so long to arrest him. A bit of a cf it seems to me.
Thank you for posting this heartfelt post. I couldn't stop thinking of Abby's & Libby's families yesterday thinking when will this nightmare end for them... So so sorry for their pain. :(

This may have already been mentioned.

Interview in 2017, while at the Freedom Bridge RA saw 3 females. From there he walked to the High Bridge, and he did not see anybody, he said he was watching a stock ticker on his phone as he walked.

Interview on 10/13/2022, RA advised he saw 3 girls on Freedom Bridge and that he went onto Monon High Bridge to watch the fish.

So did RA change his story, from watching a stock ticker on his phone in 2017 to watching the fish, in 2022?

Correct me if this is wrong. TIA

You’ve got it right.
Also, RA’s 2017 interview with the CO did not mention what RA wore that day. I read somewhere that that interview was the afternoon the bodies were found so LE hadn’t seen the picture of BG yet.

Or, she knew it would tank his case and took proactive steps to protect the case and her husband. Even if she didn’t believe it, the correct response from her was to shut him up for his own good by ending the call!
I was referring to the house and furniture going on the market today, not to her hanging up on him. Sorry if I wasn’t clear.

I wonder if BG didn't get on the bridge sooner because L had her phone out taking pictures on top the bridge and he didn't want to be in her pictures (ironic). He had to have gotten on very soon after the 2:07 time, though.
So you think he knew she had a phone and was photographing? I think he likely did know or could have reasonably assumed it. She was a teen girl in a local landmark. Most kids have phones. Maybe he was even watching her posts on snap?

So I know LE is obviously not saying everything that goes on behind the scenes but I want to make sure I have all of this correct because it seems almost too maddening for me to believe: LE was aware that RA was on the bridge on the day of the murders at the approximate time that the girls were there. Only a handful of people were on the bridge that day and he was the only adult male, plus he matches the body type and general appearance of the guy captured on video. How was he not made suspect #1, #2 and #3 on the day that he admitted to being there during the murders? The documents released today read as if no one ever realized any of this and the tip was just rediscovered in 2022, which lead to the follow up interview and then the search warrant. Did LE really just forget about the most obvious suspect for 5 years? Thank god RA was dumb or bold enough to not get rid of the 40 cal firearm during those 5 years or they would have next to nothing to prosecute a child murderer, let alone the 5 years of freedom he got after committing such a crime. Unbelievabl
In 2017 the CO collected RA's cell phone MEID and MEIDHEX. My hunch is that the location data pulled from the towers at the scene, combined with his cell phone information somehow lead LE to clear RA initially. If you think back...LE was getting the mobile ID off of everyone's phone that was in the area...it sounds like even from the searchers that came out to help that night. One of the US Marshals working this case specializes in mobile phone tracking...I really think that has something to do with it...and potentially also why LE feels confident they can put him on the bridge and charge felony murder...but maybe was not confident enough to put him at the crime scene and charge him with intentional murder.

JMO

You’ve got it right.
Also, RA’s 2017 interview with the CO did not mention what RA wore that day. I read somewhere that that interview was the afternoon the bodies were found so LE hadn’t seen the picture of BG yet.

I think it’s remarkable that in 2022, he was able to remember what he was wearing on a random day 5 years earlier…unless that day and those clothes were burned into his memory for particular reasons. I could honestly not tell you what I was wearing last weekend!

Yesterday I was trying to find an easy way to organize all the files. The result was I inadvertently copied them to my already cluttered desktop instead of to a folder. o_O So I've gone back to Fox's data dump; that one at least has page numbers and I've given them a subject line.
I've gone through pages 1- 60; it might make it easier for others. I'll do the rest as time permits. Some of RA's initial documents (Oct 27) begin on Pg 61.

Pg 1 = Murder Sheet's Request
Pg 4 = State's Response to Safe Keeping Modification
PG 8 = Galipeau's Affidavit Response to Safe Keeping
Pg 9 = Order Appointing Special Judge
Pg 10 = State Response to Defense Supplemental Discovery Motion
Pg 14 = Change of Venue
Pg 15 = McLeland Subpoena Duces Tecum to Westville
Pg 19 = McL Subpoena Duces Tecum to Westville
Pg 23 = McL Subpoena Duces Tecum to CVS
Pg 27 = McL Subpoena Duces Tecum to Westville
Pg 31 = McL Sub Duces Tecum to CVS
Pg 32 = McL Subpoena Duces Tecum to Westville
Pg 33 = Order and Hearing on the Motion to Suppress Fruits of Search RA's Address
Pg 36 = Order Granting Media Motions
Pg 37 = Request to Prohibit Public Access to a Record (McL Oct 28)
Pg 39 = Request to Prohibit Public Access to a Record (McL Apr 14)
Pg 40 = Request to Prohibit Public Access to a Record (McL Apr 20)
Pg 41 = Request to Prohibit Public Access to a Record (McL Apr 20)
Pg 42 = Request to Prohibit Public Access to a Record (McL Apr 20)
Pg 43= Request to Prohibit Public Access to a Record (McL Apr 20)
Pg 44 = Request to Prohibit Public Access to a Record (McL Apr 13)
Pg 45 = Request to Prohibit Public Access to a Record (McL Apr 13)
Pg 46 = Probable Cause Affidavit
Pg 54 = Court Order Setting Date for Prohibiting Disseminating Info
pg 55 = McL Subpoena Duces Tecum to Westville (Apr 20)
Pg 56 = McL Subpoena Duces Tecum to Westville (Apr 20)
Pg 57 = McL Subpoena Duces Tecum to CVS (Apr 20)
Pg 58 = McL Subpoena Duces Tecum to Westville (Apr 20)
Pg 59 = Order Granting Media Motion for Leave to Intervene
Pg 60 = Order on a Change of Venue Hearing That Was Not Dated

So you think he knew she had a phone and was photographing? I think he likely did know or could have reasonably assumed it. She was a teen girl in a local landmark. Most kids have phones. Maybe he was even watching her posts on snap?
I think it's possible he could see them taking photos (or heard them talking about it). I also think it's likely they were making videos and recording on the trail before the bridge, which he also likely saw, even if he was hiding in the woods (or maybe they had a first encounter there). Like you said, pretty common for teenage girls, and he had raised one himself, so he probably knew. I'm not surprised he didn't take the phone, either, because that would be one extra thing to worry about tracing back to him, although I don't think he had any idea L had captured him on video. Maybe he stomped on it and figured that was good enough. IDK.

His "stock ticker" comment is somewhat concerning to me. That seems overtly specific. Either he WAS watching a stock ticker while hiking, or he was saying that because he knew he'd been using his phone and tower data would later prove that. Just guessing. The fish comment came later, which was what he said he was doing from the bridge.

It is super strange he just left the phone behind so I can only assume he didn’t realize he was being filmed or recorded.

Otherwise you take the phone and dump it in a river. Then he likely gets away with this crime imo

I wonder if BG didn't get on the bridge sooner because L had her phone out taking pictures on top the bridge and he didn't want to be in her pictures (ironic). He had to have gotten on very soon after the 2:07 time, though.

I think it's possible he could see them taking photos (or heard them talking about it). I also think it's likely they were making videos and recording on the trail before the bridge, which he also likely saw, even if he was hiding in the woods (or maybe they had a first encounter there). Like you said, pretty common for teenage girls, and he had raised one himself, so he probably knew. I'm not surprised he didn't take the phone, either, because that would be one extra thing to worry about tracing back to him, although I don't think he had any idea L had captured him on video. Maybe he stomped on it and figured that was good enough. IDK.

His "stock ticker" comment is somewhat concerning to me. That seems overtly specific. Either he WAS watching a stock ticker while hiking, or he was saying that because he knew he'd been using his phone and tower data would later prove that. Just guessing. The fish comment came later, which was what he said he was doing from the bridge.
Then I guess whichever phone he brought along did have data access. Lol.

The fact that L's phone was found under her body, while the clothing was in the creek, is curious. It makes me wonder if he undressed them as part of the staging, in which case the recovered clothing would have been bloody (the creek couldn't have just washed them totally clean) and likely cut in matching areas where the girls had wounds

Or the clothing was removed before death and the phone fell, and everything occurred right in place. Then he gathered the clothing and threw them into the creek afterward, missing the phone because it was under her.

Our maybe L tried to hang on to the phone through everything, because it would have been the only way to try to get help. But wouldn't the killer have noticed?

It's placement in relation to the clothing is "odd."

Jmo.
What’s odd is this: panties and a sock were missing from the girls. We don’t know who was missing what. Could be both from one kid. But the people who found the kids didn’t realize what they had stumbled on when they found them. So I suspect he redressed at least whomever was missing the panties.

I think, the bottle wasn't clean enough to be only a harmless water bottle or it was stored at an unusual place (in a wardrobe/dresser) or it was the same brand of a similar bottle/lid, left at the CS.
Or it had something in it that wasn’t water? Or could have had something in it at some point that wasn’t water or just water??

A little research on "fabric straps" was interesting. That "load securing" caught my eye. I wonder if the supply trucks to the drug store used that. I see ads for heavy cotton webbing for arts and crafts, too.

Is it something that was left at the scene and they are looking for a match?

What is the strap fabric called?
Webbing - Wikipedia

Webbing is a strong fabric woven as a flat strip or tube of varying width and fibres, often used in place of rope. It is a versatile component used in climbing, slacklining, furniture manufacturing, automobile safety, auto racing, towing, parachuting, military apparel, load securing, and many other fields.

He reported to a conservation officer. The info got lost. Who would have suspected the CVS worker?

I realize it's Monday morning quarterback-ing, but I would have. People who abduct and kill young people in this manner are nearly always local to the area. They operate in areas where they feel comfortable. The location of the abduction and murder alone should have raised a red flag to look at locals. RA fit so many boxes on the profile.

It's difficult, but every community leader and LE in these situations needs to be aware of the stats regarding child abduction and murder. In rural areas like Delphi, LE has to look at everyone from any town within a 50 or 60 mile radius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14