IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #164

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We talked a lot about footprints in the beginning, until the other story about how the bodies were found came out. Considering all the footwear they took from RA, I'm giving the footprint story serious thought.
The article below is dated Feb 15, 2017.

I was reminded how they took a pair of boots from the Packers plant right after the murders.

RA may have not been wearing his own footwear at the time of the crime. He may have worn a bigger or more tight size. Coulda been from a thrift shop or from his selection at home. We don’t know. But I’d we find out he wore a size diff to his usual, I won’t be shocked - and it may speak to premeditation as well.
I have a really hard time trying to understand a criminal's mind. It makes no sense to me at all that he would go to great lengths to avoid capture but then keep all the stuff that would incriminate him. He certainly had enough of the items LE took that he could afford to get rid of the couple that would send him away forever.

I have a really hard time trying to understand a criminal's mind. It makes no sense to me at all that he would go to great lengths to avoid capture but then keep all the stuff that would incriminate him. He certainly had enough of the items LE took that he could afford to get rid of the couple that would send him away forever.
I noted that there was no listing of anything that would have been from the victims, like the missing underwear and sock. Wonder if they found any of the items in the burnpit?

He had a lot of hats/caps in his possession, for all occasions likely. :(

A lot of gloves - 10 pairs - stand out to me as well.

And his many multi-tools .....

What I missed within the listing, is something fitting a "white thing", we saw underneath BG's chin in the neckline of his jacket.

As you here on WS can imagine, I immediately searched for the "(dirty) Thorogood boots size 7.5 mens", but didn't find a pair, which looked like the black/white (?) shoes on BG. Disappointment on my part. More boots for selection would be: "timberland boots size 8" and "(dirty) black boots size 6.5 reg.". Probably the dirty black boots are the ones, I search for - and actually I ask myself, for what I'm doing that. RA confessed; it's sort of over now.
Oh, the white thing and boots... you just had to go there, didn't you? :) Everyone in the world saw that white thing but it's not on the search warrant? Maybe it really is the ties for his hood? Is that why they took the sweatshirts?

Oh, the white thing and boots... you just had to go there, didn't you? :) Everyone in the world saw that white thing but it's not on the search warrant? Maybe it really is the ties for his hood? Is that why they took the sweatshirts?
One strange listing was a blue fabric strap, and a bluegreen fabric strap. Wonder why those?

I noted that there was no listing of anything that would have been from the victims, like the missing underwear and sock. Wonder if they found any of the items in the burnpit?
Good question. If he took those items as souvenirs, why would he have gotten rid of them especially since he apparently kept everything else that might incriminate him?

No wonder the defence has been trying to move him before he straight up gives away the store
At the April 2019 PC, DC said directly to the killer that he believed he had a little bit of conscience left. That always struck me as a hint to some kind of profiling work. Like maybe the killer tried to cover up the victims' faces or something. IDK.

Then we have RA telling the CO, soon after the murders, that he was on the trail, near the MHB. Following up in 2022, he told LE he was on the bridge itself, wearing jeans and a blue jacket with a hat on.

He denied having seen the girls, and he didn't apparently confess to anyone in 6 years, but I still wonder if there was a small part of him that always wanted to be caught. Because suddenly, after looking at his legal paperwork, he fully admitted the doings to his wife before then eating said paperwork.

I'm not trying to be sympathetic to the guy, I just have a nagging curiosity about whether he might actually have that little bit of conscience left, like DC alluded to.

I don't, personally, think they will link him to any other murders. JMO.

Last edited:
One strange listing was a blue fabric strap, and a bluegreen fabric strap. Wonder why those?
Bra straps?
The description doesn’t sound like shoelaces.
The girls didn’t carry purses with straps but I may be mistaken.

Edited to add: Bra straps would typically match in color, though, from only one person. I read that clothing was missing from only one of the girls, please correct me if I’m wrong.

Edit: spelling

Last edited:
I am still torn on if this was premeditated as he made so many mistakes I’m like this surely had to be a spur of the moment ambushing.

I am wondering if he just saw a opportunity when they passed and he watched them and realized nobody was around and could put into action a sick idea he had for years.

Moooooooooooooooo
There is just too much linking RA to KK AND Anthony Shots.
KK told a witness he was supposed to met up with Libby the day she was killed.
KK was at the service station right near RA house the day of the murder.
RA arrived at the bridge at approx the right time as Libby.
Libby was in love with Anthony Shots and thought she was meeting him that day.
KK refrained from giving LE the iphone he communicated with Libby on admitting he was behind the Anthony Shots account and 'factory reset it' before handing it over eventually.
Ironically Libby had 'factory reset' her phone the week before her death.
KK goes on a excursion out of jail to the river which LE comb for a week and 2 weeks later RA is arrested.
At the same time KK has seperate charges downgraded.
Thats just of the top of my head.

Super slim chance that this hook up wasn't planned.

Did he go there with the intention to kill them???
Just a sexual encounter maybe?
Don't know if we will get to the bottom of that .

KK refrained from giving LE the iphone he communicated with Libby on admitting he was behind the Anthony Shots account and 'factory reset it' before handing it over eventually.
KK goes on a excursion out of jail to the river which LE comb for a week and 2 weeks later RA is arrested.

"Libby was in love with Anthony Shots and thought she was meeting him that day."

Do you have the link for that? TIA

We talked a lot about footprints in the beginning, until the other story about how the bodies were found came out. Considering all the footwear they took from RA, I'm giving the footprint story serious thought.
The article below is dated Feb 15, 2017.

You know, I had forgotten about the possiblity of footprints on that muddy embankment on the north side of Deer Creek where they apparently rambled up the short steep bank to get to the landing where the murders took place.

There might have been some useful footprints left there since it did not rain in between. Fingers crossed he kept the boots and that there was a match

Bra straps?
The description don’t sound like shoelaces.
The girls didn’t carry purses with straps but I may be mistaken.

Edited to add: Bra straps would typically match in color, though, from only one person. I read that clothing was missing from only one of the girls, please correct me if I’m wrong.
I don't have the document link at the moment, but it was linked upthread. It was underwear and one sock which were not recovered from the CS. And yes, from the original PCA, it did sound like the missing items were from one victim.

These fabric straps are just odd. At first I read it as scraps, which I thought could be pieces from something (like underwear or sock), but it specifically stays "straps." So my mind goes to things like cord wraps, or nylon webbing. But who knows?

You know, I had forgotten about the possiblity of footprints on that muddy embankment on the north side of Deer Creek where they apparently rambled up the short steep bank to get to the landing where the murders took place.

There might have been some useful footprints left there since it did not rain in between. Fingers crossed he kept the boots and that there was a match
In this old article they noted that the fields were muddy. I have a screen cap of the crime scene that shows what looks like water within its confines so I have assumed it was at least a little muddy.

While the sources vary on a lot of these issues, the MS podcast was behind much of them. IMO, they do have a source close to the investigation, and quite a few of the things they have reported on have been later supported. And, to their credit, they DO always add the caveat that KAK is a liar and cannot be trusted. So while we have some information on KAK, we can't really call any of it fact, even the stuff from his 2020 interview with LE.

However, BP and KG have both confirmed that L was communicating with a_shots, and recent enough before they went missing for KG to reach out to him to see if he had heard from them. And the ISP put out the a_shots ask, NMcL said the Ks were part of the investigation during the Oct. PC, and at least one news source confirmed the Wabash search was related to Delphi. Another news source confirmed to MS that her LE source told her KAK was not the killer, but knew who it was, or was involved. And NMcL did say at the Nov. hearing that they had "good reason to believe" others were involved.

So, where are we today, with RA's confessions and no other arrests? IDK. The one thing I truly hope, is that at some point NMcL explains to the families and community, whether or not they believe RA acted alone, because the families and community deserve to know if anyone else involved is still walking free. JMO.

Re: blue and blue-green fabric “straps”

Families of slain Indiana teens have faith killer will be caught

Could they be t-shirt fringe?
Libby was wearing a tie-dyed t-shirt with fringe on the bottom. I wonder if it is the same shirt as in this article link.

IMHO
The word “straps” means fabric or webbing with finished edges, however, which would not match a cut/torn length of knitted jersey fabric from her shirt. Pure speculation.

So I know LE is obviously not saying everything that goes on behind the scenes but I want to make sure I have all of this correct because it seems almost too maddening for me to believe: LE was aware that RA was on the bridge on the day of the murders at the approximate time that the girls were there. Only a handful of people were on the bridge that day and he was the only adult male, plus he matches the body type and general appearance of the guy captured on video. How was he not made suspect #1, #2 and #3 on the day that he admitted to being there during the murders? The documents released today read as if no one ever realized any of this and the tip was just rediscovered in 2022, which lead to the follow up interview and then the search warrant. Did LE really just forget about the most obvious suspect for 5 years? Thank god RA was dumb or bold enough to not get rid of the 40 cal firearm during those 5 years or they would have next to nothing to prosecute a child murderer, let alone the 5 years of freedom he got after committing such a crime. Unbelievable
My heart breaks for the needless stress caused these families by it taking so long to arrest him. A bit of a cf it seems to me.

I don’t believe anybody else was involved. Unfortunately we live in a sick world and it is just coincidental that she was also speaking to Anthony Shots the day before.

There has been nothing linking anybody else to this crime and only one man stands charged.

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members