IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #165

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We do know what RA admitted to be wearing.
  • Clothing that belongs to Allen was seized by investigators, including jackets, boots, knives and firearms. Allen told detectives he was on the bridge wearing a blue jacket and other clothing that matched the clothing worn by the killer in images captured on the phone of one of the victims.
Sigh. I was referring to hood, face covering, and ball cap in the quoted post. I should have made that clearer.

Sigh. I was referring to hood, face covering, and ball cap in the quoted post. I should have made that clearer.
RA did include wearing 'other clothing captured on the phone of one of the victims'. One of the young girls who saw him also stated some type of facial scarf.

My point was RA wasn't casually strolling the bridge with his CVS pharmacy tech white coat on. In my opinion, he made an effort to disguise his appearance.

MOO

RA did include wearing 'other clothing captured on the phone of one of the victims'. One of the young girls who saw him also stated some type of facial scarf.

My point was RA wasn't casually strolling the bridge with his CVS pharmacy tech white coat on. In my opinion, he made an effort to disguise his appearance.

MOO

RA only became a CVS pharmacy tech later, after the murders occurred. Which is why I wonder if he had also some type of personal crisis around Feb 2017 and following that suddenly became motivated to embark on a career?

I notice his pharmacy tech job is often mentioned, portraying a somewhat different image than than a middle-age male clerk in a low income, dead-end job, which was what he was at the time. JMO

RA only became a CVS pharmacy tech later, after the murders occurred. Which is why I wonder if he had also some type of personal crisis around Feb 2017 and following that suddenly became motivated to embark on a career?

I notice his pharmacy tech job is often mentioned, portraying a somewhat different image than than a middle-age male clerk in a low income, dead-end job, which was what he was at the time. JMO

Or maybe he liked working in middle of the community knowing what he had done and got a kick out of it.

I imagined the whole time, he had access to birthcontrol things and such, assuming, he knew many "secrets" of women and especially teenagers. I imagined further, he was perhaps the good uncle to go to for "help". Was speculation, ok.

Or maybe he liked working in middle of the community knowing what he had done and got a kick out of it.

Yes and I’m imaging that memories of his evil deed lurked in the back of his mind - sharply contrasted by his wife, friends, customers, management, co-workers and associates all giving him accolades for his accomplishment in becoming a CVS pharmacy tech.

That slipped my mind, but makes sense now that I remember RA offered to develop the funeral pictures for Libby for free. He must have been working in the film processing department then.

That slipped my mind, but makes sense now that I remember RA offered to develop the funeral pictures for Libby for free. He must have been working in the film processing department then.

Justice seems so unnecessarily delayed here ... but I sometimes wonder if an immediate arrest might've resulted in an acquittal whereas the painful passage of time will ultimately prove advantageous in that conviction us all but a certainty and, alongside the onvestigation, CSAM has been exposed, linked or otherwise.
RSBM

I think it's more likely the opposite will be true. The passage of time is likely to have damaged the strength of the prosecution case due to the massive potential for loss of evidence.

(Very) fortunately, it doesn't appear that the case has been damaged beyond repair and their suspect has done a lot of their work for them, in terms of how he has incriminated himself.

“Journalist Susan Hendricks has written a book about the girls and the investigation entitled Down the Hill:
My Descent into the Double Murder in Delphi
(Hachette). The book is out Sept. 19.

“I saw myself and my sister at that bridge. I got to know the families and I got to know the girls,” Hendricks told The Toronto Sun. “It became very personal to me.”..

Susan Hendricks (born August 29, 1973) is a former anchor for HLN and substitute anchor for CNN based in CNN's world headquarters in Atlanta. Hendricks also used to appear occasionally on CNN Pipeline, CNN.com's on-demand broadband news service.

I wonder about the accuracy of RA having TWO grown children? Either MSM has been incorrect in leading us to believe there was just the one daughter and we all know how news stories are often repeatedly copied from one to the next, OR Hendricks is more (or less) precise in her research.

BBM
From Toronto Sun link in post above:
“His name was Richard Matthew Allen, a married employee at the local CVS Pharmacy with two grown children. In November, it was announced that cops had recovered a .40-calibre unspent bullet between the girls’ bodies. It allegedly came from the suspect’s gun.”

I wonder about the accuracy of RA having TWO grown children? Either MSM has been incorrect in leading us to believe there was just the one daughter and we all know how news stories are often repeatedly copied from one to the next, OR Hendricks is more (or less) precise in her research.

BBM
“His name was Richard Matthew Allen, a married employee at the local CVS Pharmacy with two grown children. In November, it was announced that cops had recovered a .40-calibre unspent bullet between the girls’ bodies. It allegedly came from the suspect’s gun.”
We really don't know much about him before his days at CVS. He could have another whole life that we know nothing about.

We really don't know much about him before his days at CVS. He could have another whole life that we know nothing about.

Yes, that’s very true, who knows, could’ve been separated, had another life but never divorced, then later reunited with wife #1.

Other than he was a licensed pharmacy tech at the time of his arrest, we even don’t know much about his past work history in general, if it was full time or part time, what was the duration etc. The big blanks can sometimes be an indication everyone in the know feels it’s best to stay silent so as to not taint a future jury pool. JMO

BBM
I emailed the article’s author, Brad Hunter, for clarification.
Good to see Canada publicizing the case.

I enjoyed this line from the article:

“Indiana is one of the few northern states that has the death penalty on the books. It is almost certain that prosecutors will demand Richard Allen receive a one-way ticket to death row — and the abyss — if convicted.”

jmo

Brad Hunter from Toronto Sun already responded that we are right, RA only has one daughter, and he said he will correct the article.

Thank you for doing that!

It could’ve fueled a great rumour, a male child, say he’s named after RA but goes by Dick Allen. RA was throwing himself under the bus to protect his only begotten son, who borrowed his gun that afternoon under the pretence of going rabbit hunting but instead later arrived at RAs house all bloody and muddy.

Note - NONE of this is true! There is NO son nor 2nd child!

I totally agree. I think he got a thrill being the non-descript guy ringing up shampoo and candy bars at the drug store while the town was horrified and shocked by his deeds.

jmo
We know so very little of him and his true character, that I haven't decided yet, if I would think of him, that he needed "thrills". I found it much easier with the pois before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member