IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #167

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are photos and that video of RA ( sitting in a car, wife sneaks up) that show him clean shaven and bald. He looks quite a bit different when he takes those measures.

Does anyone know when the car video happened?

Because I am wondering if he showed up looking that way to make the report.

Maybe the CO just figured he didn't fit the description?

JMO
To be fair, RA did not fit ANY of the descriptions proffered by LE nor, IMO, does he look like BG. (However, BG totally looks like pretty much everyone and no one all at once).

The BG frames were available to the public at large (which includes Carroll County and Delphi) and in six years NOBODY from the community recognized RA as BG or as either sketch? Not one single person in a not-very-populous community saw that BG “video” and said “Holy Crap, it’s Rick!”?

Not once? In six YEARS?

Granted, I don’t know what the prosecution has or knows, but if RA really did this, I hope so hard that the DA can prove it. I am not confident, though.

LE surely made a big effort to talk with anyone at the park that day. Even if the name was entered incorrectly he was there and they should have made every effort to find him. It seems to me it would be of utmost importance to identify everyone and especially males that were there that day. IMHO they could have tracked him down. Delphi is a small town. How many Ricks could be living there? I see no excuses for not following up on this person. JMHO
And yet nobody came forward to say RA was BG.

And yet nobody came forward to say RA was BG.

Except, perhaps, RA himself.

He's not nobody. He admits being there. No one is going to use the tag "BG" when they speak to LE, are they? It's an internet tag, not something an actual human would decide is their identity.

Simple deduction to get from RA to BG, in this case. Matches the description, admits being there. The only person who knew for sure who killed these two children is the person who killed them.

And that person places himself firmly at the scene. He didn't exactly "come forward." Guilty people don't, usually. They get all befuddled and bewildered when LE comes to them. They say things that they will later regret (such as "Yep, I was there on that day, at that time."

Do you really expect people (including the murderer) to "come forward"? And how do you know that "nobody" pointed at RA?

Except, perhaps, RA himself.

He's not nobody. He admits being there. No one is going to use the tag "BG" when they speak to LE, are they? It's an internet tag, not something an actual human would decide is their identity.

Simple deduction to get from RA to BG, in this case. Matches the description, admits being there. The only person who knew for sure who killed these two children is the person who killed them.

And that person places himself firmly at the scene. He didn't exactly "come forward." Guilty people don't, usually. They get all befuddled and bewildered when LE comes to them. They say things that they will later regret (such as "Yep, I was there on that day, at that time."

Do you really expect people (including the murderer) to "come forward"? And how do you know that "nobody" pointed at RA?
Well, gosh, if someone HAD named RA as BG, it’s unconscionable that it still took 6 years to arrest!

And yes, I absolutely DO expect people in a small town traumatized by the gruesome murder of two young teens to speak out when they recognize the BG as OBVIOUSLY ole Rick from the pool hall or CVS.

Are you saying you think it’s fine that people KNEW BG was RA but decided “nah, I got pickle ball on Saturday” so chose not to say anything?????

My opinions, in no particular order.

RA is bridge guy and brought the girls down the hill where one or more vile, ugly creeps were waiting.

I believe the motive was a sexually motivated thrill kill, including creating CSAM and perhaps to terrorize the community.

Someone in the group prescribed to odinist obsession and left some symbolism for their own catharsis, not thinking ahead.

Defense document was pitifully written.

LE botched parts of this investigation.

Well, gosh, if someone HAD named RA as BG, it’s unconscionable that it still took 6 years to arrest!

And yes, I absolutely DO expect people in a small town traumatized by the gruesome murder of two young teens to speak out when they recognize the BG as OBVIOUSLY ole Rick from the pool hall or CVS.

Are you saying you think it’s fine that people KNEW BG was RA but decided “nah, I got pickle ball on Saturday” so chose not to say anything?????

A grainy video with a face that’s not visible? Even IF everyone in the entire town thought RA resembled BG what would that prove? They won‘t be selected for jury duty. It will only be evidence including his multiple confessions, not resemblance to something that can’t be seen that convicts (or acquits). JMO

I believe that @10ofRods mentioned that RA put himself on that bridge dressed as BG. A clerical error caused the 6 year delay. IMO, without that error an arrest would have been made way back in 2017.

This article from 2015 explains the investment that was going into the Monon Bridge Trail because of it's growing popularity. This place attracts folks of all walks of life, local and beyond.

It wasn't only a popular place to hike and hangout... but to also volunteer, take pictures (senior pictures, prom, tourist pictures), picnic etc. Also, remember that the area itself is part of a larger of 150 acres of preserved land to explore.

My point being that there's no expectation that RA is going to run into locals that recognize him. I am not surprised that no one recognized him that day. I go hiking often and have never run into anyone who I know personally on the trails.

I'll point you to this Heavy article (approved source) about the name 'Richard' being mentioned multiple times on 4chan. I'm not sure if Wikipedia is a approved source or not so I'll refrain from posting the other super early reference to "Richard".

IMO (and my opinion only) over the last few years Richard openly talked about being on the bridge that day....with anyone who would listen. Why would he do that? He likely thought LE had looked into his story about being there that day and cleared him. The video coming out of a man wearing the EXACT SAME CLOTHING HE CONFESSED TO WEARING THAT DAY and him still remaining free probably only reinforced this idea in his head.

I believe (my opinion) that we're going to find out that rumors of RA being BG was prevalent in Delphi prior to his arrest. That people openly half-joked that it was RA in that video. And he even participated in the joking. And that open rumor is what ultimately got the FEDS to take a second look at him.

again, my opinion only.

To be fair, RA did not fit ANY of the descriptions proffered by LE nor, IMO, does he look like BG. (However, BG totally looks like pretty much everyone and no one all at once).

The BG frames were available to the public at large (which includes Carroll County and Delphi) and in six years NOBODY from the community recognized RA as BG or as either sketch? Not one single person in a not-very-populous community saw that BG “video” and said “Holy Crap, it’s Rick!”?

Not once? In six YEARS?

Granted, I don’t know what the prosecution has or knows, but if RA really did this, I hope so hard that the DA can prove it. I am not confident, though.
MOO He looks just like BG, but so add o many Indiana males. Bridge p hi to just doesn't rule him out.

Latest Murdersheet covers the publicity and gag orders quite well from a public interest perspective but I think they kind of skipped over the legal issue here which the prosecution filing gets at.

I kind of agree the gag order may be a counter productive approach, though there is no real need IMO for the parties to be briefing media on the case outside of their filings

I think the real issue is obvious misconduct by the defence in putting a whole lot of wild speculation and conspiracies into a document which is supposedly about a Frank's hearing with the obvious intention of publicising those conspiracies outside of the court room to influence jurors.

Especially it now seems to be the standard practice by defence lawyers to allege misfeasance by the states attorneys based on no evidence. Especially in cases where there is significant evidence exists against the defendant to justify the charges this seems wild to me.

IMO Judges need to be more prepared to sanction defence teams who engage in this behaviour because it lessens trust in a key public institution

For instance, would any of the Odinist prison guard stuff even be admissible at trial? Probably not. Would the claim about Abby being hung in a tree be admissible? No IMO.

These are examples of blatant conspiracies being included in legal filings.

This is assuming that at that time, the CO knew the evidence, though. Did he know already what time the girls were on the bridge, abducted, and killed? He made a note to find out who the three females were, so he didn't know about all the witnesses yet. RA didn't describe what he wore to the CO, and the bridge video/picture isn't clear to what the man looked like, so I'm not convinced the CO had any reason to remember speaking to RA. Jmo.

I don't know---it's kind of confusing. I do agree that the timeline wasn't nailed down yet. Nor the clothing perhaps....

However, Delphi is a small town. Two young girls were brutally kidnapped ,then murdered, in the middle of the day in a local park. This Law Enforcement officer had to have known the basic facts. He had to have known the girls went missing that afternoon because there was a large search organised that evening and the next day----I am certain that all local LEOs were involved.

So it is hard for me to understand how a Law Enforcement Officer from that area would not understand the gravity of the situation, when being told by a white middle aged male that he was on that trail, on the afternoon that the 2 victims were kidnapped. HOW COULD HE DISMISS THE IMPORTANCE? I just don't understand it.

Even though he was not a homicide investigator, he was a trained LEO, and he was a local, and probably a father or a brother, with family in that area. How would he not know the basic facts, that 2 girls were attacked and last known to be on that bridge?

Last edited:
I don't know---it's kind of confusing. I do agree that the timeline wasn't nailed down yet. Nor the clothing perhaps....

However, Delphi is a small town. Two young girls were brutally kidnapped ,then murdered, in the middle of the day in a local park. This Law Enforcement officer had to have known the basic facts. He had to have known the girls went missing that afternoon because there was a large search organised that evening and the next day----I am certain that all local LEOs were involved.

So it is hard for me to understand how a Law Enforcement Officer from that area would not understand the gravity of the situation, when being told by a white middle aged male that he was on that trail, on the afternoon that the 2 victims were kidnapped. HOW COULD HE DISMISS THE IMPORTANCE? I just don't understand it.

Even though he was not a homicide investigator, he was a trained LEO, and he was a local, and probably a father or a brother, with family in that area. How would he not know the basic facts, that 2 girls were attacked and last known to be on that bridge?
And to clarify---when I say 'how can he dismiss the importance' ----I mean why didn't he flag that interview in some way, to an investigator.

It wasn't a standard interview with someone saying 'yes, my husband and I drove past the park that morning, etc etc ..'

It was a male that admitted to being in the area of the crime scene during the same time as it was thought to be committed. So rather than dropping it into a file with a dozen other random interviews, why wouldn't he pass it on to someone important that could act on it?

And to clarify---when I say 'how can he dismiss the importance' ----I mean why didn't he flag that interview in some way, to an investigator.

It wasn't a standard interview with someone saying 'yes, my husband and I drove past the park that morning, etc etc ..'

It was a male that admitted to being in the area of the crime scene during the same time as it was thought to be committed. So rather than dropping it into a file with a dozen other random interviews, why wouldn't he pass it on to someone important that could act on it?

Maybe he did flag it? My guess with all of this is he probably simply assumed RA had been swiftly interviewed but then eliminated from the inquiry

And then from the other side, someone maybe tried to follow this up, couldn't do so and then somehow it got misplaced.

The problem of misfiling is stuff really does become invisible. In the old paper days, one way to hide a document was to intentionally misfile it in a different file, then archive that file. No one can now find it except you.

It may be that the case review found this tip actually by going back to all the tip workers and realising something was missing.

Last edited:
I wonder if they were so busy following up on leads that they didn't have time to do old fashioned police work.

Aside from them losing his name, they had the vehicle they claim is his on camera, with reports of it being parked at that abandoned building. RA's was parked right there at CVS on a daily basis, the sheriff's office was right there a block or so away... how many times did they see his car when they went to McDonalds (which I speculate they did). Did no one ever look at that car and think: "hmmmm..."?

On the map: CVS, McDonalds, Carroll County Sheriff's office

CVS CACO.jpg

They thought he was local or knew the area. If they would have stuck a pin in a map of the bridge and set up a 2 mile search radius, he was right there... so was his car.
I just don't get it. MOO

Not once? In six YEARS?

Funny how we all interpret things differently. I think RA looks just like the BG sketch and even YBG in facial features.

RA shaved his hair and grew out a super long beard after the murders, I believe, in an effort to look less alike than the sketch as possible.

We have no way of knowing if he acknowledged being on the bridge to family or friends. He could have easily said he went and talked to LE and they cleared him, which shamefully, is the truth. Nobody would have been looking for Rick.

MOO

I wonder if they were so busy following up on leads that they didn't have time to do old fashioned police work.

Aside from them losing his name, they had the vehicle they claim is his on camera, with reports of it being parked at that abandoned building. RA's was parked right there at CVS on a daily basis, the sheriff's office was right there a block or so away... how many times did they see his car when they went to McDonalds (which I speculate they did). Did no one ever look at that car and think: "hmmmm..."?

On the map: CVS, McDonalds, Carroll County Sheriff's office

View attachment 449673

They thought he was local or knew the area. If they would have stuck a pin in a map of the bridge and set up a 2 mile search radius, he was right there... so was his car.
I just don't get it. MOO
Unfortunately the car description was never set in stone. LE had everything from a smart car, to an older model care, etc. Maybe RA parked in back of the store at CVS too?

McDonalds is across the street from CVS, I'd say LE never ventured past there after getting their lunches, hah.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members