IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #167

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I read that. I‘d wondered if the reporter misheard?

“ACCUSED Delphi murderer Richard Allen offered his wife no acknowledgment as he appeared in court after reportedly making a series of confessions about the 2017 killings, two podcasters say.

Allen's wife, Kathy Allen, reportedly burst into tears at the sight of him as he was led into the courtroom….”
That's quite possible. I still think, either way, that with her visiting him in prison and showing up at court alongside his mother, that possibly she's supporting him. Therefore, I just don't think she'd say anything to entice an incriminating statement out of him. Not intentionally, anyway. Jmo.

That's quite possible. I still think, either way, that with her visiting him in prison and showing up at court alongside his mother, that possibly she's supporting him. Therefore, I just don't think she'd say anything to entice an incriminating statement out of him. Not intentionally, anyway. Jmo.

Yes it’s difficult to know one way or another. I’d think spouses and family members are encouraged to continue supporting the accused during the time they’re legally considered innocent. Leave it to the justice system to prove them guilty, that’s how I’d look it if I ever had the misfortune of being in that horrible situation.

To be fair, RA did not fit ANY of the descriptions proffered by LE nor, IMO, does he look like BG. (However, BG totally looks like pretty much everyone and no one all at once).

The BG frames were available to the public at large (which includes Carroll County and Delphi) and in six years NOBODY from the community recognized RA as BG or as either sketch? Not one single person in a not-very-populous community saw that BG “video” and said “Holy Crap, it’s Rick!”?

Not once? In six YEARS?

Granted, I don’t know what the prosecution has or knows, but if RA really did this, I hope so hard that the DA can prove it. I am not confident, though.
Agree. KAK fits the profile more than RA does.

KAK’s home was searched in 2017, and he wasn’t arrested for the child *advertiser censored* charges until 2020. I supposed nothing was found to connect him to the murders? Not clear why early on more info not release... would have been more helpful than DC theatrics.

KAK admitted he communicated with Libby. She was being catfished by him and arranged for a meet up that fateful day. Two people used the fake AS account. Did LE ever determine who those two people were? KAK preyed on children, and confessed to creating accounts AS and EA in order to solicit nude pics from girls between the ages of 12 and 18.

More recently, KAK, has been sentenced for child exploitation, possession of child *advertiser censored* and obstruction of justice.

Enters RA - will need to wait and see all the evidence there is against RA and why he is being linked to the murder of Abby & Libby. Need more than the casing and confession. Need this to go to trial. imo

Speculation as always

I'm having issues with the Scribd memo page, so I can't get a page number, but in the Crime Scene section, one of the bullet points says JH confirmed that both girls were without clothing at some point during the crime. Described the way it was in the memorandum, I could believe A was never unclothed. However, seeing as JH confirmed she was, I believe there's reason to believe LE knew this. I still wonder if it was A's underwear that was missing. Or the jeans description was wrong and she had L's sweats on, or, unfortunately, there are other indicators on her body itself.

Imo, the differences in the girls in regards to clothing might be a signature?

Last edited:
Agree. KAK fits the profile more than RA does.

KAK’s home was searched in 2017, and he wasn’t arrested for the child *advertiser censored* charges until 2020. I supposed nothing was found to connect him to the murders? Not clear why early on more info not release... would have been more helpful than DC theatrics.

KAK admitted he communicated with Libby. She was being catfished by him and arranged for a meet up that fateful day. Two people used the fake AS account. Did LE ever determine who those two people were? KAK preyed on children, and confessed to creating accounts AS and EA in order to solicit nude pics from girls between the ages of 12 and 18.

More recently, KAK, has been sentenced for child exploitation, possession of child *advertiser censored* and obstruction of justice.

Enters RA - will need to wait and see all the evidence there is against RA and why he is being linked to the murder of Abby & Libby. Need more than the casing and confession. Need this to go to trial. imo

Speculation as always

The man on the bridge could not have been KAK and of all the characters who’ve been compared, I think that it’s not him is one thing everyone agrees upon. He’s just too big and tall.

What was said in the LE released interview cannot be taken as fact as LE are allowed to lie, using that as an interrogation strategy. For example by suggesting more than one person might’ve been involved in catfishing on the devises, which KAK denied, he also effectively negated a later SODDI defence. I‘m also not so sure about KAK‘s statement to another girl that he was going to meet up with Libby that day because as far as I’m concerned nothing he says in credible, he lies like a sidewalk.

The various theories that RA and KAK were both involved together are interesting to me because I wonder how it could be RA is seen to be capable of involvement in such a despicable crime with a guy who’s not much older than his own daughter, yet it’s not too convincing to some that he might’ve acted alone.

What I took from KAKs interviews and tall tales is that he has low self esteem. That’s very common amongst cat fishers I’d imagine because they can hid behind the internet and pretend another persona, see girls online flocking to them with enthusiasm, quite the opposite of the real world where those same young girls would likely view them as repugnant. For some reason cat fishing and CSAM/murderers seem to have become one and the same. But I don’t think that’s true at all.

JMO we have to let KAK go. He’d have been charged long before now if his involvement was known.

Last edited:
Taking on 2 girls was very risky.
Was he determined to kill that day regardless, or were they singled out for a reason?
Did he always carry a gun and a knife when he was out and about?
Why park where he parked if he didn't have to.
These are just some of the questions that boggle my mind.
(Hate this).. I wonder If RA killed one of the girls right away to have more control over the other. 1 would be much easier to handle than 2.
Sorry for my random thoughts.

If someone was going to set someone up in order to collect a reward I think it’s unlikely they’d let so many years pass by. Plus there’s not even the slightest hint of tipster involvement in the SW or arrest PCs.
Would that information be made public? Especially if it was someone closely related to RA? I tend to think it might have been someone who recently put 2 + 2 = 4 together, not someone who had known for years.

It's just a hunch and I have no reason to explain why I feel this way, so take this with a big box of salt. :)

moo

I interpret the words 'he's my person' as someone who may love someone but is not necessarily happy with that person. It's just such a strange thing to say. If I was RA's wife and I truly believed he was innocent, I'd be yelling that every time a reporter stuck a mic in my face.

And what's with RA not recognizing or acknowledging her in court? That seems odd to me also.

Sigh, this whole 6 year long nightmare of a case is odd to be honest.

MOO

We don't know anything about the situation. Ritual sacrifices I don't believe either but it might be so that a real, very obvious, motive, existed. It is impossible to sort out amidst all barrage of news, what is a rumor, and what, truth. So, ritual sacrifices I don't believe, but what if girls were making photos of some rituals and made these guys angry? You mentioned meth. It seems to be a strong component for everything.

In short, I don't specifically believe it was some group because I believe it was personal. But since the whole case did not become clear after six years of investigation, and mostly! - a young man with curly hair and a Teutonic chin, whose sketch DC unveiled at 2019 conference, has nothing to do with RA, nothing makes sense.
We might not know what happened, but we can look at the probabilities.

A bullet was found at the scene, it's probable that they were kidnapped and marched off at gunpoint.

Both girls were undressed at some point during the ordeal.

A man does not march off two teen girls at gun point and force them to undress for many reasons.

The probability of this being anything other than a sick sex crime is miniscule.

Would that information be made public? Especially if it was someone closely related to RA? I tend to think it might have been someone who recently put 2 + 2 = 4 together, not someone who had known for years.

It's just a hunch and I have no reason to explain why I feel this way, so take this with a big box of salt. :)

moo

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if people came forward with critical information after RA’s arrest was announced.

But your hunch could be right. I’d imagine we’ll find out in time especially if the reward is claimed.

The man on the bridge could not have been KAK and of all the characters who’ve been compared, I think that it’s not him is one thing everyone agrees upon. He’s just too big and tall.

What was said in the LE released interview cannot be taken as fact as LE are allowed to lie, using that as an interrogation strategy. For example by suggesting more than one person might’ve been involved in catfishing on the devises, which KAK denied, he also effectively negated a later SODDI defence. I‘m also not so sure about KAK‘s statement to another girl that he was going to meet up with Libby that day because as far as I’m concerned nothing he says in credible, he lies like a sidewalk.

The various theories that RA and KAK were both involved together are interesting to me because I wonder how it could be RA is seen to be capable of involvement in such a despicable crime with a guy who’s not much older than his own daughter, yet it’s not too convincing to some that he might’ve acted alone.

What I took from KAKs interviews and tall tales is that he has low self esteem. That’s very common amongst cat fishers I’d imagine because they can hid behind the internet and pretend another persona, see girls online flocking to them with enthusiasm, quite the opposite of the real world where those same young girls would likely view them as repugnant. For some reason cat fishing and CSAM/murderers seem to have become one and the same. But I don’t think that’s true at all.

JMO we have to let KAK go. He’d have been charged long before now if his involvement was known.
Nice post, but it's not been confirmed who exactly BG is. I agree, it's probably not KAK, but it's not been confirmed its RA neither. I am too very interested if KAK and RA acted together, or KAK and someone? Time will tell. moo

Nothing KAK says is believable, he is a pathological liar. imo

Like everyone here, the main concern is justice for Abby & Libby.

moo
I’ve wondered that, too. Maybe someone close enough that something RA did or said made them question his involvement and tipped him in.

True. However, I do wonder if they actually knew his identity. If most people in Delphi knew each other, they'd have recognized him - perhaps not by name, but as a neighbor and a community member. That makes me even more sad, if possible.
If it’s true that they said something about that ‘creepy’ guy then I’m guessing they didn’t know him. Maybe just recognized him from around town as creepy. Or he was just being creepy as he approached them, or maybe passed them on the trail.

I don't think RA is involved at all. They had to lie in the SWA to get into his house. They manipulated witness statements to mislead the judge. You can swear in an affidavit that BG and the guy walking down 300N are the same person when your witness actually stated the man walking down 300N was in a tan, light-colored jacket with mud on his pants. The other witness who saw potential BG from 50' said he had brown poofy hair and was in his 20's to early 30's in a blue or BLACK jacket. She also left the area at 2:15 and said the vehicle at the Old CPOS Building was NOT BLACK and that it reminded her of her dads 65 Comet.
If our justice system has integrity, the SWA will be tossed. I then think the PCA will be tossed. I think the alleged confession could also be excluded because you can illegal detain someone and garner evidence against them. Without the SWA, they didn't have PC which means RA would have never been arrested.

I don't think RA is involved at all. They had to lie in the SWA to get into his house. They manipulated witness statements to mislead the judge. You can swear in an affidavit that BG and the guy walking down 300N are the same person when your witness actually stated the man walking down 300N was in a tan, light-colored jacket with mud on his pants. The other witness who saw potential BG from 50' said he had brown poofy hair and was in his 20's to early 30's in a blue or BLACK jacket. She also left the area at 2:15 and said the vehicle at the Old CPOS Building was NOT BLACK and that it reminded her of her dads 65 Comet.
If our justice system has integrity, the SWA will be tossed. I then think the PCA will be tossed. I think the alleged confession could also be excluded because you can illegal detain someone and garner evidence against them. Without the SWA, they didn't have PC which means RA would have never been arrested.
RA placed himself at the scene, dressed as the likely killer, same jeans, same style jacket with a hood, 'maybe' wearing a head covering. The literal outfit of bridge guy. He self admitted to all of this... ZERO coercion...before the video came out.

Imagine his surprise when he found out there was video of a similarly pudgy man in the same exact outfit. Oops.

That alone is enough to get 100 search warrants as far as I'm concerned. It would be enough in a gas station robbery case (voluntary witness places himself at the scene in the same close as the robber before surveillance video comes out) , never mind a double child homicide.

MOO

I’ve wondered that, too. Maybe someone close enough that something RA did or said made them question his involvement and tipped him in.
My opinion and my opinion only....
  • RA being at the scene and bridge guy vaguely resembling him was an open secret in Delphi
  • RA likely shared this story himself. That he was there. He went in to help LE. And they accepted his help and cleared him.
I'd imagine that there was a little local cognitive dissonance between bridge guy's resemblance to RA (who IMO they likely knew was there) and the locals also KNOWING (IMO) that RA had been cleared. And because of that assumed he had a rock solid alibi.

I bet sketch number 2 only bolstered RA's belief that he had gotten away with it. Which probably resulted in him talking even more. And when the FBI went out canvassing again, someone brought this behavior up.

I think the posts from 2020 that Heavy reported on supports my speculation and opinon.

Again, MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member