IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #168

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the D wanted to be removed from this case. Suddenly, they're no longer being paid. They were well on their way to getting their client off by means of reasonable doubt. They were steadily earning bank that has dried up. Not many ppl want to lose a payday and this one was going into 2024. Plus, if D got an acquittal for dbl felony murders charges against RA, they'd boost their rep and more likely get clients that could pay.

The unscrupulously conducted leaks seemingly blindsided Baldwin, is my opinion, att. He was betrayed bc he trusted the wrong person. It cost him his job.

Other than family, the person who was likely the most upset was Doug Carter. He kept the CS details a secret only to have them stolen and emailed disseminated. I didn't see Carter but heard he was sitting in the Jury box ready for the hearing that wasn't with steam coming out of his ears.
I agree the D didn't want off this cause, but I believe they were forced off by misconduct. JMO

If there was any 'snookering' done, it was by this not so Dynamic Duo former Defense.

MOO

Maybe folks are too quick to judge.

One thing I think I've learned from reading appeals is one of the best things a defense atty can do for his client is lay a solid foundation for appeal in case the client is found guilty. IMO, this D team has done a good job in that respect.

If I understand correctly, by including the Odinism issues in the memorandum, it's now on record for the possible appeal process.
Will the former Defense team's anything be allowed in as RA will now be represented by new Defenders? Maybe, I'm not sure.

MOO

The thing to remember is once the full inquest to the leaked CS photos has been completed, and the new D is in place - none of this actually strengthens the state's weak case nor the questions that P and LE need to answer to (whether proven or not).

The flawed timeline, the selective use (and alleged misuse) of witness testimony to craft that convenient timeline, the junk science and alleged chain of custody problems with the bullet casing, DD's missing interview record - none of that has gone away. Before we get to the allegations of deception to obtain a SW.

There's a lot riding on those as yet unvalidated confessions IMO. I wouldn't feel comfortable basing a prosecution let alone a conviction on those alone.

We await the 'additional evidence' that the P might or might not have.

Last edited:
Am I hearing this correctly that Hennessy is claiming that Baldwin had nothing to do with this leak? That the friend gave those photos to Baldwin? That the friend then turned his back on Baldwin? If that's the case, then he betrayed his leaker friend, too.

No wonder the hearing didn't go well. I'll impatiently wait to learn more about the trusted leaker friend.

<snipped>
The flawed timeline, the selective use (and alleged misuse) of witness testimony to craft that convenient timeline, the junk science and alleged chain of custody problems with the bullet casing, DD's missing interview record - none of that has gone away. Before we get to the allegations of deception to obtain a SW.

But was any of that ever really here or did the ex-D dream it up? We don’t know anything except for the fact they hadn’t even reviewed the full discovery file before tossing out a bunch of dramatic allegations, assumably that was intentional. Now they’re gone, what does that say?

Last edited:
That information never came out in the other reports.
I was going to post the transcription but there are words missing from it.

What he says from the 20-30 second mm is not in the transcript. Has it been edited out?

The source document is Hennessy’s brief that has been publicly released so there can be no misunderstanding, regardless of how this reporter interpreted the content. Sorry I don’t have the link but it’s been posted here several times.

Last edited:
Theft?

Although how would that be a state matter?

If it happened at a courthouse, is that state jurisdiction?

Strange.

Jmo
I don't know.

Carter and Liggett were among the ones P brought to testify. It's in a little video in this article but it may not be there for long.

Am I hearing this correctly that Hennessy is claiming that Baldwin had nothing to do with this leak? That the friend gave those photos to Baldwin? That the friend then turned his back on Baldwin? If that's the case, then he betrayed his leaker friend, too.

No wonder the hearing didn't go well. I'll impatiently wait to learn more about the trusted leaker friend.

“Baldwin trusted a friend to respect his office space. He was betrayed…..”

The friend did not give the photos to Baldwin. It’s been well established they were a part of the discovery file. The narrative has not changed.

Theft?

Although how would that be a state matter?

If it happened at a courthouse, is that state jurisdiction?

Strange.

Jmo

RA charges are a state matter so I’d make sense the investigation of the leak is under state jurisdiction. Don’t have a link but perhaps I heard it on MS that Sgt Holeman was involved in the investigation and he was also present at the hearing.

This leaking issue is out of my realm of expertise.
Why was the Indiana State Police be called in to investigate a leak?

Just a guess, but bringing in another agency seems like a good idea to me.

Let the local police focus on the murder part, and not this leaking problem.

Although come to think of it, ISP was involved in the first few months?

IDK, maybe fairly local @fallingdown can help us out.

jmho ymmv lrr

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members