IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #172

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They included the lab report on the gun and cartridge. It seems like if they had anything at all, that would have been included, too.

One of the SC cases lays out the process for sealing documents. We haven't seen that done with the SW return.
So, I wonder if, again, they did not follow protocol or they just don't have any SW evidence from the property tying RA to the murder of L&A.
The gun and cartridge info was referenced in the PCA so it wasn't anything already made known. Things that were found as a result of the SW, from perhaps testing on items, or results yielded from electronic devices that would have taken some time, may have been submitted separately under seal.

We don't know of results of those test and probably won't until trial. Except for the exD claiming there was nothing connecting RA to CS based on their conversations with H,L&L.

JMO

No, even though RA is 'her person'.

JMO

Thing is, the defence have this pesky confession issue.

To really make a go of it, I believe Rick would have to testify that he was coerced. Otherwise how do you really get his state of mind on the table.

And it would really help if his wife 'knew hew was lying"

The above is my highly overvalued opinion as a case enthusiast and not offered as expert trial strategy

The gun and cartridge info was referenced in the PCA so it wasn't anything already made known. Things that were found as a result of the SW, from perhaps testing on items, or results yielded from electronic devices that would have taken some time, may have been submitted separately under seal.

We don't know of results of those test and probably won't until trial. Except for the exD claiming there was nothing connecting RA to CS based on their conversations with H,L&L.

JMO

Honestly we can spend hours trying to reverse engineer all this stuff, or just wait from the evidential hearings pre trial.

JMO
I'm honestly curious about the SW and return, too. This stuff is new to me, so I have no knowledge. Has anyone followed other cases where the SW and return, plus lab results were public before trial, but didn't include certain evidence and lab results later used in trial?

Thing is, the defence have this pesky confession issue.

To really make a go of it, I believe Rick would have to testify that he was coerced. Otherwise how do you really get his state of mind on the table.

And it would really help if his wife 'knew hew was lying"

The above is my highly overvalued opinion as a case enthusiast and not offered as expert trial strategy
True, thank heavens for the confession issue. I wonder if that is presented at trial, would Defendant Rick take the stand in his own defense? I don't think that would happen in any way.

Would the defense risk putting the wife on the stand? That would be about the only other thing they could do to address it, but man it would be a huge opening to cross by the State IMO. Would they risk getting any/all baggage about RA out there in the open? Good question MJ, I really don't know. My gut says No, but you brought up a good point.

MOO

Honestly we can spend hours trying to reverse engineer all this stuff, or just wait from the evidential hearings pre trial.
Well what else are we going to talk about? :p I keep telling myself I'm not going to engage over here until something new happens, maybe we'll get something something substantial to discuss from the deadline today.

I agree with you that wearing the patches does not make them automatically menacing cult members but neither does it rule them out. Why do you think the guards wore them?

I am not knowledgeable in Odinism but from it seems like he was all about war and violence. The Berserkers are said to have been followers of Odin. o_O
Berserker | Definition, Attire, & Facts
You can follow Norse mythology and identify with ODIN without being an 'Odinist.'

And Odin is not all about war and violence. It is much deeper than that.

Odin was not only the head of the gods, but was also the wisest among them, having sacrificed one of his eyes in order to gain knowledge. Odin created humans from two tree trunks. He presided over a great hall called Valhalla, where half of all the dead warriors went. There, they feasted with Odin for all eternity. Valhalla is believed to have existed in Asgard and was not a world in and of itself.

Norse mythology, which is also referred to as Nordic, North Germanic, or Scandinavian mythology, is the belief system of the people who lived in Early Medieval Scandinavia. Norse gods and giants, as well as other mythological creatures, such as elves, dwarves, and dragons, played important roles in the polytheistic religion and everyday beliefs of the Norse people. Norse mythology has many similarities to ancient Greek and Roman mythology. In fact, all three mythologies may have been based on a much older Indo-European mythology that is now lost to history. This lesson will discuss the gods and giants, the nine realms, and some of the folklore and stories that make up Norse mythology.

True, thank heavens for the confession issue. I wonder if that is presented at trial, would Defendant Rick take the stand in his own defense? I don't think that would happen in any way.

Would the defense risk putting the wife on the stand? That would be about the only other thing they could do to address it, but man it would be a huge opening to cross by the State IMO. Would they risk getting any/all baggage about RA out there in the open? Good question MJ, I really don't know. My gut says No, but you brought up a good point.

MOO

Not without risk at all but I think the Franks memo shows the difficulties otherwise. You end up having to introduce some hearsay testimony or have counsel sock puppet what RA would have said - but this doesn't really seem enough

Well what else are we going to talk about? :p I keep telling myself I'm not going to engage over here until something new happens, maybe we'll get something something substantial to discuss from the deadline today.

Such a trap - remember the discussions about whether Gull had read the Franks? Then we get the transcript and get the actual position :D

I'm honestly curious about the SW and return, too. This stuff is new to me, so I have no knowledge. Has anyone followed other cases where the SW and return, plus lab results were public before trial, but didn't include certain evidence and lab results later used in trial?
A Snapchat video was used at trial in the Alex Murdaugh case. It was not known to the public prior to the trial.

That, along with other things, would be worth looking into.
Happenings this month at Westville:

I bet you could look at any prison, anywhere, and incidents with prison guards smuggling contraband. It is a pervasive and ongoing problem in every facility, virtually everywhere.

Mainly because the shortage of guards mean they are often overworked and underpaid. So some are tempted to make money on the side and many get caught.

I think the Idaho Brian K. case might be one. We knew of the SW items in the Vallow case, but did not know the details of burial of the those sweet children. :(

MOO

imho, these 2 guards were in a job that requires a uniform.

So how, exactly, is it uniform if a couple guys add patches to that clothing???

?s about organizational structure at that correctional center, I guess.

jmho ymmv lrr
It also makes me wonder if other prison guards wore any other type of patches on their uniform? Maybe they were allowed by the Warden (strange IMO) and others wore different ones as well? I bet we'll find that answer out at trial.

JMO

That, along with other things, would be worth looking into.
Happenings this month at Westville:

Just another day in Paradise…

Everyday occurrence and certainly not exclusive to Westville.

MOO

This should be fascinating at trial
RSABBM
It sure will be if it ever gets that far.

IMHO the only way RA may get a fair trial is if the right attorneys defend him, and even then, it will be difficult to thoroughly expose and overcome the corruption that has infested this case. I am beyond sad to think justice may never come for A & L. How far will “they” go to cover up the truth??

The best I can hope at this point is that they will ”sacrifice” (figuratively speaking) a couple of those involved without ever opening “Pandora’s box.” I’m not even sure it’s possible. As they say, two men (or even 3 or four) can keep a secret if the rest of them are, well, you know the rest.

Just the musings of a conspiracy nut.o_O

If I understand your question correctly….
In the Alex Murdaugh trial, after all or some results from the testing of things seized in the SW warrant were completed some of the results were made public, but not by a release of the information by the court to the public.
In particular, the defense wrote a long detailed motion about a shirt that purportedly had blood spatter on it. How the testing had been botched up, how the expert was manipulated, etc. There was a picture included for effect. The defense wanted that shirt thrown out pre-trial. There were a few other unrelated things they included too.
The judge indicated the shirt’s admissibility would be argued if it came up in trial, which it never did. It’s testing had been messed up and the prosecution had plenty of other evidence to convict AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV