Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #87

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two years of media exposure and clearly no answers who murdered Abby and Libby.
LE has collected evidence and DNA samples from the scene. Artist’s sketch of his face , snapshot showing his mannerism as he walked and a recording of the voice.
A DNA sample , would likely assist LE, with hair color, eye color, and ancestry.
Unsure if LE provided information along these lines to the public.

I’m wish comfort and healing for the families of Abby and Libby.
I believe it was in an interview with ISP 1st Sgt Holman that he alluded that they had DNA, but he also seemed to indicate that they were not certain they had the killer's DNA. Of course, one would think if they have a sketch LE could determine if it was the killers DNA by getting Parabon NanoLabs to provide a facial profile then it could be compared to the sketch.

There are so many threads that it is impossible to read everything posted, so I apologize in advance if these points have been brought up already.
Since LE has DNA samples, have they submitted them to any genealogy sites, or any of those sites that allows them to construct a composite based on their DNA? As far as my understanding goes, the composite they have now is based on the clip that they have. I'm not sure what the laws are in Indiana (or in the US at all, for that matter).
This should be of high priority. I don't know if they've profiled the killer but there is always the risk that he could kill again.

Everything is my own opinion.

There are so many threads that it is impossible to read everything posted, so I apologize in advance if these points have been brought up already.
Since LE has DNA samples, have they submitted them to any genealogy sites, or any of those sites that allows them to construct a composite based on their DNA? As far as my understanding goes, the composite they have now is based on the clip that they have. I'm not sure what the laws are in Indiana (or in the US at all, for that matter).
This should be of high priority. I don't know if they've profiled the killer but there is always the risk that he could kill again.

Everything is my own opinion.

We don't know for sure they do have DNA, but we think so because Libby's mother posted on her Facebook page they do. Also, we don't know if they've submitted any DNA to geneology sites, but we hope so :).

MOO but I feel like they don't specifically have DNA that they are 100% sure is BG's. I say this because over the two years there have been several people arrested that have been in MSM as possibly related but haven't ever been ruled out conclusively. Except for RL, I think they did rule him out.

And also, JMO, many of us said early on how many guys around IN, OH, MI, IL, KY etc have the same general look as BG and he just looks like everyone. Same attire, same skinny legs, same facial hair, etc. I think we really see that now with all the suspect comparison photos how they all resemble BG yet look different from each other. How can that be? It's discouraging really.

How are they ever going to find him??

We don't know for sure they do have DNA, but we think so because Libby's mother posted on her Facebook page they do. Also, we don't know if they've submitted any DNA to geneology sites, but we hope so :).

At last year's CrimeCon, Paul Holes said he was discussing getting involved with the Delphi folks. Lets hope he did.

I had the honor of talking with Becky Patty the other day. I'll be posting the interview late tonight.

Can't believe we are coming up on the 2-year anniversary of Abby and Libby's murder.

Here is the original interview with ISP 1st Sgt Holman where he discusses the DNA that they have. Full interview is at the bottom of the page he covers it around 15-16 minutes into the interview.
Lead detective in Delphi murders confirms police have more audio from phone, DNA evidence
I had a good conversation with the reporter for the Carroll Country Comet newspaper, based in Delphi, IN,
She's has reported on the Delphi murders. Talks with Sheriff Tobe Leazenby
a few times a week. The day the girls went missing, everyone in the town's believed the girls would be found safe.
The next day, she received the phone call the girls were found murdered and how horrific the crime scene was when the LE arrived.

My thought are if one or both girls fought back there is a likelihood of getting DNA from the killer. LE has
not released much information on the Delphi murders. If BG was a registered sex offender his DNA would be in FBI database.

Carroll County Prosecutor Nick McLeland will hold a press conference Wednesday, Feb. 13, at 1:30 p.m. in the courthouse as a reminder of the double homicide which took the lives of two Delphi Community Middle School students two years ago.

To watch the session live, go to jconline.com.

Prosecutor to hold double homicide press conference | www.carrollcountycomet.com | Carroll County Comet

Delphi murders: Investigation update, Abby and Libby memorial planned on 2nd anniversary

Thank you so much for posting this.

The press conference is 1:30pm local Indiana time, 1:30pm Eastern Time, 10:30am Pacific Time, 6:30pm U.K time.

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said they have received tips from nearly every state in the country and they aren't out of leads yet.

"A true cold case, if you will, is when you have no information to follow into any further," Leazenby said. "So, it’s as if the simple way I put it, if the well went dry. Our well is not dry. There is still information being followed into.”

Another thing they all agree on — they won't quit investigating until Libby and Abby's killer is caught.

“We cannot and we will not move on. We are not leaving the community,” Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter said. “I hear the detective say all the time, ‘if you get to the end, we just start over.’ And it’s exactly what they’ve done.”

"You know we're all frustrated and we do have our days," Holeman said. "But, at the end of the day, you have to put all that aside and say, 'why are we here?' We're here to find out who's responsible for this heinous crime. We're here to get justice for Abby and Libby. And that's what keeps us going."

Delphi Murders: The investigation two years later

What a difference a year makes. In looking back at some speculations here just before the 2018 anniversary press conference, some thought half the town of Delphi was going to attend. BG was going to be there incognito, with undercover cops milling through the crowd looking for him. Someone even suggested that since the press conference was being held at the Monon Bridge trailhead, there was going to be a reenactment of the crime. The flyer detailing the press conference mentioned something about officers assisting with media parking, so I emailed ISP asking them to clarify what that meant. The reply was that it was a media-only event. The public wasn’t invited. lol

Last edited:
Although no one has yet been arrested for the slayings, Carroll County Prosecutor Nicholas McLeland said he hopes people won’t get discouraged or lose hope that the case will be solved and that someone will be brought to justice.

The former defense and family attorney took office in January 2018. He said he has enjoyed the job for the most part, but the case of the girls is always on his mind.

“This case stresses me out,” he said, adding he feels the same way about the house arson that took the lives of four young girls in Flora in November 2016. “I want to get somebody caught and somebody arrested.”

He is insistent that neither is a cold case. And he said many people are working to bring those who killed the girls to justice.

“Right now, it’s still a very open investigation,” he said specifically about the Libby and Abby case. “People have asked if it’s a cold case and it’s not. We have the Indiana State Police, FBI, local law enforcement agencies and analysts who are not local still working on things. We still have the cooperation of all agencies that were here in the beginning.”

Carroll County prosecutor plans to keep Delphi teen girls’ homicides in the public eye

If you think you have information about the case, call the toll-free tip line at 844-459-5786. You can also email information to abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

This article confirms there is still a reward of $250,000.

Listen to our interview with Libby's grandmother Becky Patty RIGHT HERE

I just listened to the interview and, as always, I am struck by the grace and poise of this family.
Just my opinion here.
This is the first time that I sensed from the family not just frustration but exasperation in the police investigation and why more information hasn’t been released. I understand not wanting to criticize the police, you’re depending on them to solve this crime. But I doubt Holly Bobo’s murder would have been solved at all if her parents had not repeatedly and publicly called out the TN investigators for their shoddy work.
I just want this solved, but I have doubts about LE’s strategy.
My heart goes out to the families. I hope “today is the day” is soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member