Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #101

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We own several types of guns and I enjoy target practice. I am not seeing a gun in his jacket, however. I see what other people think may be a gun, but since the images and video are so far away and blurry, I also think it could very well be a shadow/fold of fabric/something else in his pocket. There are very few definitive statements I can make about the crime. While I can't definitively say that I see a gun in his jacket, it won't surprise me if we learn he had one and used it to intimidate the girls. In fact, I think he probably did. But actually seeing it in the image? Not so much.

Fascinating. :) I’m usually not one to see anything but this is something I KNOW I see. (I don’t see any goats though!)

In those cases when LE has known who the perp was but waited to make an arrest...they were not having PC’s showing new sketches, with a 20+ year age range...so it is not quite the same as those. Jmo
LE's words and actions since the recent PC make more sense IMO if they don't know the identity of the killer and they're not closing in on a suspect. I mean, they think he might live in Delphi, or once lived there, or works there, or sometimes visits there -- but none of it is definite. To me, this sounds like they still have no idea who it is.

In those cases when LE has known who the perp was but waited to make an arrest...they were not having PC’s showing new sketches, with a 20+ year age range...so it is not quite the same as those. Jmo
Agreed but I think the language used by ISP Carter and the new sketch gives me hope that some new information to them in the past months of 2019. JMO

I’m guessing that perhaps the people who do not see the gun do not have experience with firearms or have never owned a gun. I would BET MY LIFE that’s a gun.

MOO to me it looks like a gun.
The jacket has pull folds from the shoulder to the object, indicating a heavy object. The object flops as a piece from walking motion, the object is the size and shape of a handgun. MOO specifically a deep grip handgun like a Glock or Colt .45. But it impossible to be certain, it is just what I see as the most likely cause of the bulge in his right pocket.

Anyone on here who thinks BG didn't have time to assault the girls, or doesn't believe LE's statement that the girls were killed minutes after the video, should take a look at Gabbi Doolin's case. Her body was found 18 minutes after she was reported missing (and she was only out of sight for minutes before an alert was made and people startched searching).
Poor lil Gabbi ;( How horrible!!
I’m shocked...I looked her up as I had not heard of her case...I can’t wrap my head around how terribly fast her death occurred ;(
Thank you for bringing her case to our attention.
You just showed how incredibly fast these monsters can work to get their deeds done!
I agree...Libby & Abby were probably assaulted/killed within minutes of being approached by BG :( They had no time to save themselves/each other ;(
MOO

MOO it looks like a gun.
The jacket has pull folds from the shoulder to the object, indicating a heavy object. The object flops as a piece from walking motion, the object is the size and shape of a handgun. MOO specifically a deep grip handgun like a Glock or Colt .45.

Exaaaaaaaaaccccxtllllly on the Glock or Colt .45!!!!!

(I used to have a Glock 17 9mm)

Way early on though someone made an astute post showing various caliber guns that looked extremely similar so I have conceded that I can not say for sure it’s a Colt of Glock 45 but that if I had to guess that’s what I’d guess it is.

ETA: These are often standard police issue for many depts, or at least they used to be.

:lookingitup;

Fascinating. :) I’m usually not one to see anything but this is something I KNOW I see. (I don’t see any goats though!)

Time to make bets. Sorry for the joke, but time flies slowly.

Wishing luck to LE.
(They should be provided with noise-cancelling headphones, to listen to their favourite music and "discharge" after manning the tip line. MOO).

Justice to Libby and Abby.

Perhaps I have too much time on my hands today, but I have been thinking some more about the LE statement that they want to learn about the car to help figure out how BG was able to move about so rapidly. Could it be that the current sketch of BG was seen somewhere that would make it difficult to get to the suspected car (if the car was already seen as suspicious early on). Therefore, the sketch was discounted. However, if someone did drive the car to pick up BG, then the latest sketch could be the suspect. I'm sure there are probably holes in this theory, and it would only work if LE want to know the driver, and not the car, I think. Anyway, I wonder how this particular car fits with getting around quickly in ways that another car might not. The emphasis on the car seems to me even stronger than the revelation of the new sketch. For instance, if LE know the car was gone by 5 p.m. and the suspect was spotted by the witness at 5:10 in a different area, they could be ruled out if LE had suspicions about the car already. Not sure that I believe myself.
MOO

LE's words and actions since the recent PC make more sense IMO if they don't know the identity of the killer and they're not closing in on a suspect. I mean, they think he might live in Delphi, or once lived there, or works there, or sometimes visits there -- but none of it is definite. To me, this sounds like they still have no idea who it is.
Then why not tell the public more about the car's appearance? It doesn't make sense to me that if they're being so specific about the area and time period placement, that they don't either already know the make and color at least. Or they may have a suspect in a family with multiple vehicles and need info on a particular one. Rememver LE also has a duty to be careful how much they say if they do have a suspect in Delphi to keep any vigilante from action.

My thoughts are that he pulled the gun on them at about the same time he directed them "down the hill". In the background of the latest audio there are sounds in the background while he is commanding them to get down the hill, sadly, I think it is the sound of the girls screaming as they realize what is actually happening to them. JMO

Somewhere in all of these threads and/or maybe the Image thread, there is a pic where someone outlined the alleged gun in the pocket. I am not sure if it is allowed to be posted but I know it was previously. Probably quite awhile ago, first year maybe. I am not sure how to find it or if anyone else remembers it. MOO

I have seen the pistol from the start.

I’d like to bring forward the possibly body holster that imo I think he’s wearing.

For us that have been here since the beginning sorry for repost, but since there are new members joining us and some new to the case here I’d like to show this.

It’s interesting how I got this image of the “holster”. I was on the board here trying to figure out what I thought was an awkward position of the gun.

IMO somewhen very experienced, perhaps someone who has been in LE JMO sent me a PM with the link to the holster. This poster has never commented in the thread. They registered/signed in just to send me this pic IMO. Let me see if I can find it. @Jethro4WS was able to “flip” the image to make it applicable iirc. Looking for post, standby, this could take a while. I’m looking for the original post, if anyone knows where it is please post, tia.

Somewhere in all of these threads and/or maybe the Image thread, there is a pic where someone outlined the alleged gun in the pocket. I am not sure if it is allowed to be posted but I know it was previously. Probably quite awhile ago, first year maybe. I am not sure how to find it or if anyone else remembers it. MOO

Yes there is, I was looking and then got sidetracked. I’ll keep looking. It might be in the image thread.

Last edited:
From the old image thread.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/diff-png.116205/

diff-png.116205

Anyone on here who thinks BG didn't have time to assault the girls, or doesn't believe LE's statement that the girls were killed minutes after the video, should take a look at Gabbi Doolin's case. Her body was found 18 minutes after she was reported missing (and she was only out of sight for minutes before an alert was made and people startched searching).

KY - Gabriella Doolin, 7, Allen County, 14 Nov 2015 #2 *Arrest*

Here's a link to Gabbi's thread ( above).

Last edited:
Maybe members of the family were in the room that perhaps the DNA link has been narrowed down to. That would be upsetting for LE and the victims families (assuming they know) if that was the case. MOO

Very amateur genealogist here but I recently obtained results of my DNA matches, of which there are hundreds. Amazingly enough one click takes me to about 10 members of the community in which I was raised. I still don't know how I am related to those folks (3 well known families), but it certainly seems to bring my unknown ancestry right back into the community in which I grew up. Perhaps this is how LE has zeroed in on the perp being a past or present resident of Delphi or at least related to someone there.

Then why not tell the public more about the car's appearance? It doesn't make sense to me that if they're being so specific about the area and time period placement, that they don't either already know the make and color at least. Or they may have a suspect in a family with multiple vehicles and need info on a particular one. Rememver LE also has a duty to be careful how much they say if they do have a suspect in Delphi to keep any vigilante from action.
IMO, LE would give a description of the car if they had a description of the car. I don't think they're playing a cat-and-mouse game with the suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm