Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #101

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I 100% agree with your last sentence, but not the first part of your post.
Lusting after 13-14 year old girls doesn't make someone a pedophile, it's not ok if you're an adult, yes, but don't mix it up with lusting after prepubescents and little toddlers.

Anyway, I think "hiding in plain sight" meant just that. People of Delphi don't recognize him because they haven't seen him in casual clothing before. He wears a uniform or overalls whenever they see him, and they've never seen him with his hands in his pockets because he's always carrying tools or he's working with them, electrician, mechanic, etc, even a preacher use their hands more than BG. He might be the most upstanding citizen of Delphi, super-loved and always there for anyone in need. But no one has ever seen him out of that image. They don't recognize his walk because in the video he's walking on a wobbly broken bridge where he has to watch each step, they don't recognize his voice because when he's at work he's not in psycho stalker mode.

I still think LE finally went the DNA-route (Parabon/GEDmatch etc,) just haven't been able to pinpoint WHO, out of three, nine, twenty-five. The PC was way too detailed. They know his family, imo.
I also believe he has been in contact with LE, that he left signs at the scene and possibly has sent them letters since.

imo, jmo, etc.

Hebephilia would cover lusting after 14 years olds, it may not be pedophilia, but it is still sick and disgusting and if acted upon, worth a felony, thank God.

That social service building was right off of the Hoosier Heartland HWY and visible from the HWY. I would think that State Police and local LE traveled the HWY during the period of noon to 5pm that day. Its possible that someones dash cam could have captured an image of the vehicle.

Any decent video footage of the crowd that day at the presser?

LE definetly will or is looking into every individual who was present at the PC. They do have footage of everyone who attended the PC with all the cameras presentthere. They also made everyone sign in their information.
The direct conversation with the killer being present in the room could be directed to the alibi provider as he is someone siding/helping a child killer which makes him one too. MOO

Do you think Ted Bundy's mother would have turned him in? I think she was in deep denial and never would luckily his gf noticed too many red flags to ignore.
If they are relying on the killer's parents to turn him in we may be in for a long wait.
Just thinking, maybe there aren’t any glaring red flags for his family, friends (if he has any) and acquaintances. They may in the back of their mind “wonder” but dismiss it as, well, he’s always been a bit “different/quirky/odd” but not a bad guy. Even if they have a bit stronger suspicions, they tell themselves “what if” it’s not him? How could I put someone through that kind of ordeal? JMT

I 100% agree with your last sentence, but not the first part of your post.
Lusting after 13-14 year old girls doesn't make someone a pedophile, it's not ok if you're an adult, yes, but don't mix it up with lusting after prepubescents and little toddlers.

Anyway, I think "hiding in plain sight" meant just that. People of Delphi don't recognize him because they haven't seen him in casual clothing before. He wears a uniform or overalls whenever they see him, and they've never seen him with his hands in his pockets because he's always carrying tools or he's working with them, electrician, mechanic, etc, even a preacher use their hands more than BG. He might be the most upstanding citizen of Delphi, super-loved and always there for anyone in need. But no one has ever seen him out of that image. They don't recognize his walk because in the video he's walking on a wobbly broken bridge where he has to watch each step, they don't recognize his voice because when he's at work he's not in psycho stalker mode.

I still think LE finally went the DNA-route (Parabon/GEDmatch etc,) just haven't been able to pinpoint WHO, out of three, nine, twenty-five. The PC was way too detailed. They know his family, imo.
I also believe he has been in contact with LE, that he left signs at the scene and possibly has sent them letters since.

imo, jmo, etc.

I also think that the "hiding in plain sight" is just a figurative way of saying that he more or less walks among us as opposed to hiding himself away. I took it to mean that, rather than going unibomber and hermit, he continues to work the same job, hang out with friends, shop for groceries, and basically be a functioning member of society without any outward signs that he did anything wrong.

I’m guessing that perhaps the people who do not see the gun do not have experience with firearms or have never owned a gun. I would BET MY LIFE that’s a gun.

I have no experience with firearms but can't not see the gun. I've seen it since the first image was released and my brain can't unsee it. It has influenced my assumptions of the crime scene flow (that being that BG pulled a gun on one or both of the girls to control them). These assumptions may not be correct.

That being said, I've never been able to 'see' the ropes and machetes and bolt cutters and goats and puppies and respirators etc that other posters can see in the image. Logically I don't think he had that much stuff on him as it would be hard for him to manage all that stuff and being able to chase after the girls and have his hands free to assault and murder them. At most I think he had a gun and/or a knife. Of course this also is just an assumption.

The photo and video of BG do look like he came fully prepared to do something. Many WS observers have detected a possible gun,knife, and maybe a rope. While I think it is very possible and likely he may have been on a “hunt” I also opened my mind to the possibility that BG May have brought those items to use on himself. Perhaps he was distraught over a fight, recent breakup, just couldn’t take it anymore and was going to use knife to cut rope to hang himself, or gun to shoot himself-IDK-but something happened and he turned his inner anger to the nonsuspecting girls. Of course nothing to back this up- just a reason he came with the items he appears to have stashed in his clothing This possible theory does not change what he did-but it might open up the possibility of a different type of suspect
MOO

Here’s a random thought thinking more about this gun business.

Say hypothetically he was interrupted during the crimes and LE was able to respond. Would he have shot at LE? I bet he would have considering he has no problem killing 2 little girls, JMO. I think the gun for him was not only his method of threatening, but perhaps his insurance for escaping as well.
IMO I think he would have used that gun in his pocket and may even have used it on the girls. I don't think anyone could have heard the shots, as nobody was actually on the trails when he killed them, because he had made sure no-one was around. The witnesses appear to be all after 3 p.m. IIRC.

Is the FBI searching ? These guys ( local police) seem very decent, but they need help.

Yes the FBI has been involved since the beginning. This crime is listed on the FBI’s “Wanted” list:

LIBERTY GERMAN
ABIGAIL WILLIAMS — FBI

“Submit a Tip:

Anyone with information is requested to contact the Delphi Homicide Tipline at 844-459-5786. All information will be taken and followed up on by investigators. All callers may remain anonymous. Tips can also be submitted online via abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com.
You may also contact your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate.

Field Office: Indianapolis”

Last edited:
That social service building was right off of the Hoosier Heartland HWY and visible from the HWY. I would think that State Police and local LE traveled the HWY during the period of noon to 5pm that day. Its possible that someones dash cam could have captured an image of the vehicle.

Parked vehicles are also evident by satellite imagery.

The detail of satellite images used by Google Maps is quite amazing.

0C0ED708-9056-45A5-BADF-18E9284A8582.jpeg

The photo and video of BG do look like he came fully prepared to do something. Many WS observers have detected a possible gun,knife, and maybe a rope. While I think it is very possible and likely he may have been on a “hunt” I also opened my mind to the possibility that BG May have brought those items to use on himself. Perhaps he was distraught over a fight, recent breakup, just couldn’t take it anymore and was going to use knife to cut rope to hang himself, or gun to shoot himself-IDK-but something happened and he turned his inner anger to the nonsuspecting girls. Of course nothing to back this up- just a reason he came with the items he appears to have stashed in his clothing This possible theory does not change what he did-but it might open up the possibility of a different type of suspect
MOO

We can certainly all agree that we wish he had succeeded, if that was why he was there, but tbh if that was the case, I think he would still have topped himself in that scenario.

I think he’s likely got a knife too, but that is not clearly visible imo.

As for COD we don’t know and I keep thinking of the old “CLUE” board game, “Colonel Mustard with a knife..”) . Obviously this is not a game but that sure is one factor that has been kept very tightly guarded, understandable so. BFT could be likely as we see in so many cases, but so could other methods be I think.

I have also thought about little Gabriella Doolin. Iirc she was both drowned and strangled (iirc, need to confirm that). The water element makes me wonder about this as well. Head under water during assault. The water, however, has been reported as being very cold during this time so perhaps not likely.

ETA: Re: Gabbi, she was sodomized.

“The arrest warrant said she died of manual strangulation and drowning.”
Gabbi Doolin Case: Trial Date Set In 2019

Anyone on here who thinks BG didn't have time to assault the girls, or doesn't believe LE's statement that the girls were killed minutes after the video, should take a look at Gabbi Doolin's case. Her body was found 18 minutes after she was reported missing (and she was only out of sight for minutes before an alert was made and people startched searching).

“One former investigator with the Federal Bureau of Investigation and another with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department both agree, sketches are not an exact science, but they could still help solve the case.

“Sketches are worthwhile, but you never want to take it at 100 percent value and think they have to look exactly like the sketch, because they won’t,” said retired IMPD homicide captain, Robert Snow.“

Former FBI, IMPD investigators explain how new sketch in Delphi murders could help solve case
APRIL 22, 2019

As part of my theory I think the car is part of the critical timeline. The person whose car it belongs to might have been reported to the tip line very early on. But the individual was quickly eliminated because their alibi was corroborated by a trusted source.

But on reexamination of this persons alibi specifically during the noon to 5 PM period it quickly unraveled. Investigators could not find an independent unimpeachable source to corroborate his reported timeline of events on the 13th.

This is but one theory but as MDATCA posted I think the anger and shaming by Carter was directed to the person(s) who sheltered and provided corroborating cover for the murderer of Libby and Abby.

MOO
If they strongly suspect someone, certainly they would have also analyzed any cell data that exists for that individual by now. Regardless of someone’s alibi there must be a clue or two there. In the Rhoden murders the Wagners planned meticulously and took that into consideration, but thankfully in the end there was enough evidence for an arrest.

I’m guessing that perhaps the people who do not see the gun do not have experience with firearms or have never owned a gun. I would BET MY LIFE that’s a gun.

We own several types of guns and I enjoy target practice. I am not seeing a gun in his jacket, however. I see what other people think may be a gun, but since the images and video are so far away and blurry, I also think it could very well be a shadow/fold of fabric/something else in his pocket. There are very few definitive statements I can make about the crime. While I can't definitively say that I see a gun in his jacket, it won't surprise me if we learn he had one and used it to intimidate the girls. In fact, I think he probably did. But actually seeing it in the image? Not so much.

I belive LE knows who BG is, and understood the 'could be in this room' part of Carter's speech to be more figurative than literal. I think he was trying to reinforce to the people of Delphi that BG blends in with the locals, and is someone you would least suspect of this crime. He might be your neighbour, roommate, server, teacher, pastor, coach, mechanic etc. He has been 'hiding in plain sight'. Carter needs the Delphi locals to accept that someone they trust committed this evil act against the girls and against their community.

Maybe members of the family were in the room that perhaps the DNA link has been narrowed down to. That would be upsetting for LE and the victims families (assuming they know) if that was the case. MOO

In my opinion, the 2nd person is the one providing an alibi for BG. It is very possible he could be a family member and was there at the PC.

100% agree. He, or she, must have rationalized what has happened. If it is a friend, or a GF, he or she should view himself/herself as the witness who is, actually, endangered.

If it is a loving relative, he or she might surrender BG if he or she believes that BG might be safer behind bars, and I can foresee this situation if, eventually, some information leaks out into Delphi. In fact, I think this is exactly what will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member