Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care what others on this thread think, they have absolutely no idea who the assailant is. They're going off a basic profile, and people are treating this information like it means something.

They are dead cold and they know it.

They're hoping for that one tip that opens the closed door.

I think LE were hoping for that one tip within hours of the dramatic Apr 22nd Press Conference upon the release of the new sketch but it must’ve not come or Carter wouldn’t be appearing on GMA still asking.

They wouldn't offer the witness protection program for a crime like this. Immunity is something they could offer.
Correct.
This is a small town crime and miniscule in the whole scheme of all things criminal.
Regarding enlarging the reward...aren't there studies out there that
show rewards don't help?
I'm still convinced a family member won't turn him in. Probably
not his cronies either.
remember birds of a feather......

It is also possible the witness has a past record and is scared to approach LE fearing an arrest. RL had to serve prison time for violating his probation. MOO
THAT is one of things I worry about. Not just RL, but I know I've seen a number - 20, maybe - of those arrested for unrelated crimes during this investigation. It is no excuse, but I wonder if that fact alone deters someone from providing a tip.

John Douglas a former FBI Profiler said this a.m on GMA that Carters new strategy is good and that Carter should have done this strategy a long time ago” and he said this could have been a “solvable case REALLY QUICK”. He went on to say that he has learned over the years that information should be released regarding pre offense behavior and post offense behavior..... Thoughts on these comments by John Douglas.?? My thoughts are of sadness that these things didn’t happen sooner. (You can find the clip online. I’m sorry that I don’t have a link) ** DOUG CARTER is the lead investigator/Indiana.... The person I am referring to is JOHN DOUGLAS, a former FBI profiler who GMA brought in today.

Not to forget. If it were not for the BG, maybe one day Indiana would have had one brilliant LE. Libby German. Who did unimaginable- made as good a witness to own death as they come.

We are facing unsolved, brutal murder of two girls. If they know, and I think they may have “enough to match” DNA, and statistically, it may be a good match, and they have other tips, too, maybe they should do a data dump? And at least let the communities deal with their POI.

That person who is afraid has to understand that we are not talking about Italian Mafia, and witnesses these days won’t end up in cement.

Also, there are witness protection programs, and they work.

But, first, the witness himself may be unsafe if the perp guesses who the witness is. So the witness’s only protection is to spill the beans, so to say.

Also, till this is walking and is not arrested, no child, no woman in Delphi, in Purdue, and even much further, is safe. BG may come across as OK, but he is a madman, and does not belong to any community.
If a witness/knowledge bearing person came forward to snitch , they might be safe, but their family might not be in the long run ?....moo

I think LE were hoping for that one tip within hours of the dramatic Apr 22nd Press Conference upon the release of the new sketch but it must’ve not come or Carter wouldn’t be appearing on GMA still asking.

MOO sad if the one tip they want is actually just telling them who killer is.

Last edited:
Not much news indeed with Douglas yet he was on point. I have been saying this ever since: they released not enough information in the beginning, that's a major problem. I do not know if this is generally a thing in the US to release so few infos, here in Germany usually much much more is realeased, also regarding autopsy findings (if relevant), manner of killings etc. Of course no sensitive details but the more info gets out there the higher the probability that someone can give a useful hint.

He also said they should have released information about probable pre- or post crime behavior, yes exactly! This case has been handled very poorly, sorry to say that but its a reality.

Another issue: I read again in the previous thread snippet that some people speculate if the new sketch was DNA penotyped. It was NOT. First of all they said it was done a few days after the crime. And it was explicitly said that it was drawn by a regular sketch artist. Also btw if you do DNA phenotyping you get the age of the offender at the time of the crime, not decades ago (there was also speculation about that point). Besides those sketches look entirely different (just google it), they are not drawn by hand.

@Vinrah, is there anything they can do now to correct this grave early mistakes? (I, too, think these LE are somewhat limited, look at how rapidly LE respond in CO, with their killers.)

They have some DNA, this is obvious. And depending on the situation, it might still be workable. But not for the sketch.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!
We have a winner!
I’m glad somebody with some LE clout finally said it.
So has Supt. Carter always been in charge of the case?
If so, then he has to take the flack that somewhere this case went
off track and got derailed. Maybe lots of mistakes were made, we
don't know.
What's Carter's Investigative Education? Is he a highly skilled LE
officer? Or is he simply an administrative paper pusher?

I’ve watched a Netflix series based on John Douglas’s book “Mindhunter.” Looking forward to the next season. I find criminal profiling fascinating.

Obviously it is just his opinion, but he pointed out that “Guys” was said in a way a teacher or coach would talk.... “Not an order”...familiarity.

Many stated the same here.
That was one thing that Douglas said that stood out to me. I did not hear that in the released audio, BUT several on here did. Schools were out in Delphi due to a scheduled snow day that was not used. Obviously, if Douglas hears that then an agent or agents from the FBI assisting heard that same thing in the voice in the audio as well. So one would think LE looked at the schools in the area. But if this county had off for such a snow day, did other counties or cities in the region do the same? We've often wondered why this adult was off of work in the middle of the week. Truck driver, worked night shift, unemployed, etc., have been suggested. What if this IS a school teacher who was also off that day? Just not in this county.

Its fascinating to me that there seems to be no worry whatsoever that BG will kill again. Seems to be no urgency that there is a killer on the loose.

The focus appears to be finding who killed Abby and Libby (which it should) but it just appears to be no concern that other kids in the area could be next.
Heck I'm concerned!!! I don't live far from there and there is some killer on the loose. How do I know he's not lurking around here??? Summer is coming and there are kids ready to get out and do some exploring, hiking, fishing.....

I'm wondering if LE thought in the beginning that they had a slam dunk case and didn't branch out enough in their search for the killer.

There has to be more they can release.
Perhaps what "instrument" was used to hurt them. And if they were tied up,
what knots were used. Was this an amateur job or did it look like he's done it before. More voice, more video....something!

I think people may be afraid to come forward because they don't want to finger someone who may be innocent.
And if someone is afraid of retaliation from this guy, the best way to be free of it is to turn him in.

<modsnipped quoted post>

We have to remember that Douglas is retired. I'm sure (from what I've read) that he has to be asked to get involved with a case. And I'm sure he has done many, many cases since his retirement. But that is why the FBI was involved in this case, they have new people that can do the same thing that Douglas does.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm just frustrated and lashing out a bit, but isn't every unresolved case one tip away?

Well, here I am, having "crow" for breakfast :)
I was so certain they were closer than this, but alas, I have flipped to the other side. However, I do believe they are now heading in the right direction with the investigation, looking closer to home and hopefully too much time hasn't been lost :(

I have to agree with you and others. I was a bit deflated after this morning. He sounds far less confident and not as if they are onto anyone. I found the PC in April far more confident, even though I was torn between was it bluffing/tactical or did they have new information. I also took the one more tip today to mean what can apply to any unsolved case--all cases can be broken with that one good tip right, it does not mean they have much, if anything...

I try to hang onto a few things though. There had to be a reason they did not release this second sketch back in the day. They either knew the person and believed he could not be the perp, they did not trust the person who was saying it was this man, they had tunnel vision on someone else, etc.? This sketch is a major turn and why? I do wonder if they know or have a good idea of who the sketch is of but it is so long after the fact, any evidence connecting him is non-existent or not enough to charge nor even close and it may be too late to come up with any. I guess they could be looking for a witness or tipster who provided some information initially, both with the sketch and vehicle remarks.

Arghh, I don't know. I just know I am not so positive today about this case. Right at the end when he put his fingers together like they just need a little tiny bit of information, a small tip for that one last piece, awhile back that would have made me confident that they have all they need and just need that one little bit of info to seal it; today I am not sure I believed it--I felt more like they need a bigger tip than that.

Now I have to reverse my thinking and hope they are acting more now like they do not know who it is and that that is a bluff... I sure the he** hope so...

Maybe in those 3,000 tips... One can hope...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appt