Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think BG knew/thought he was being recorded. So I do feel that what we are seeing in the video stills taken from Libby’s phone, are his true mannerisms. That true mannerism being that he does tend to walk with his hands in his pockets.
The clothing may not be something he wears normally. His gait can not truely be assessed because he is walking on a rickety old bridge.
Hands in pockets...BG does this daily IMO That’s all I got
MOO
Maybe the reason he didn't notice being filmed was he's nearsighted? You'd think he'd have seen the girls taking pictures on the bridge if he was watching them and making a plan.

MOO I believe that the three dots technically mean something has been omitted.
Whether the FBI poster content writer knows that rule or not is a question, but if they do know it , they meant some content was left out between "Guys" and "go down the hill."

Yes, I understand what an ellipse is, but they can be used in more than one way. It can mean that something was omitted, it could mean that there sounds like something else should be there but it's indecipherable, and it can also mean that there's a pause between the last word and the next. If a writer wants to show a pause in a sentence without breaking it or ending it altogether, an ellipse can pull both sides together...it doesn't always mean that there's supposed to be another word there. It could go either way.

ETA: With the three bolded "OMGs", I thought I was missing something that I wasn't getting.

I’ve found a few tools that might help end some the speculation about water flows, outside temperature, etc. Hopefully people will find this useful.

Like most states, Indiana has water gauges that measure the flow (in cubic feet’s per second) in virtually every watershed in the state. Fortunately, they have a gauge in deer creek near Delphi. I’ll find out exactly where. This is a government site so it should be OK to post. People can play with the date ranges and access the raw and data here... https://nwis.waterdata.usgs.gov/in/...od=&begin_date=2017-01-01&end_date=2017-05-23

upload_2019-5-30_14-12-42.png

It looks like the flows were between 700 - 800 CFC, which as an avid fisherman is pretty decent volume. Crossing could be tough.

It also shows the gauge height below. Obviously it depends exactly where the gauge is located, but 3.5 to 4 ft is nothing to scoff at and easily cross.

upload_2019-5-30_14-12-42.png

Given this, how sure are we they crossed the river?

In addition, somebody else on YouTube found a very interesting thing about the company doing the building at the Indiana meat packers plant at the time of the murders. They had a live webcam going and have archived everything on their site. This webcam was less than 2 miles from the bridge. It shows the exact weather throughout the day and other interesting tidbits. It is creepy to watch it and know that just out of site of the camera such horrific events were occurring. There might be some interesting investigative things we could learn here. You can filter to the exact day and see the recordings.

Webcam – Indiana Packers – Delphi, IN – Tippmann Group / Interstate Warehousing

All MOO

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-30_13-53-30.png
    upload_2019-5-30_13-53-30.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 5
It’s entirely possible that he felt comfortable with his hands in his pockets. To me, it shows something very dishonest.
Well, I do think his right hand is in his pocket or near it to hold the gun that I'm assuming was in or under his coat. And that he may be trying to appear casual or by habit putting other hand in pocket too.

Maybe the reason he didn't notice being filmed was he's nearsighted? You'd think he'd have seen the girls taking pictures on the bridge if he was watching them and making a plan.

MOO he noticed Libby, to me he appears to have a bead on her. Since she was
moving her camera and he was moving along the bridge he may not have sensed the possibility of a video being taken. Taking a photo involves far more obvious motions.

I agree about his hands and I think it really shows familiarity and a feeling of comfortableness on the bridge. I was reading about body language earlier and this quote stuck out to me.

“According to body language when someone becomes unsatisfied with his self image, he will put his hands in his pockets. ... Generally people put their hands in pockets when they are feeling unsatisfied with their looks, clothes or their actions.”

I think he fits all three.

It’s entirely possible that he felt comfortable with his hands in his pockets. To me, it shows something very dishonest.
MOO in this case I think bravado plays into the hands in pockets.
In the photos I have seen of other males on this bridge, all have their hands in their pockets.

All good and plausible points IMO

Also dont forget to add : hands in pockets to functionally keep 'items' in coat from falling out ( Goat/Puppy/Gator etc) . Maybe even to hold Jeans up from falling if too big. All moo

I'm not getting it, either. What are we meant to be getting out of the ellipses?

This is for those of us that have obsessed over whether anything was said between "Guys" and "down the hill."

If there were no words to cut, there wouldn't be a need to indicate missing words. And, there it is...ellipsis.

Me three! Statements such as, "You told us what we wanted to hear," and, "we're going to find we were onto something early on," among others, lead me in that direction too. I just hope those words really MEANT something and were not just some PR job to diminish the blow of the new sketch released at last month's PC. JMHO
ed:sp

eta: I listened to something last night, which reminded me why I don't go there much, but from what was said there was something that makes so much sense and furthers the statement, "you told us what we wanted to hear." This is a small town, and although not everyone knows each other, many do through everyday activities such as sports (their children/grandchildren), school, community work, fund raising events, whatever. It is uncomfortable for LE to suspect or have to question friends and acquaintances when tips lead them in that direction. Just a thought.
I don’t remember hearing “you told us what we wanted to hear”. Do you have a link to that?

If they have someone in mind, why don’t they act on their knowledge? And if they are not sure, aren’t they unnecessarily endangering someone who, for own reasons, does not want to provide an alibi, but might not be guilty of murders?

if the person is currently held in jail, there is no danger.

or, by tipping the perp off to just how close you are to nailing him, it may also make it unlikely for him to commit a similar crime if he feels the heat.

Btw, it looks like the water gauge I mentioned above is actually a little upstream of the bridge, and there are 1 or 2 tributaries flowing in after the gauge, so the flows should be even higher. Not sure it helps much other than provides more questions than answers...

yeah, if he was pulling knives on his Aunt at age three, there's no one to blame but his DNA, and possible childhood abuse. Did he witness his grandfather pull a knife on his mother ever?
I'm sure the average preteen could see *advertiser censored* and not jump into violent murderous *advertiser censored*. He sought it out.

About his maternal grandfather. "In 1987, however, he and other family members told attorneys that Samuel Cowell was a tyrannical bully and a bigot who hated blacks, Italians, Catholics, and Jews, beat his wife and the family dog, and swung neighborhood cats by their tails. He once threw Louise's younger sister Julia down a flight of stairs for oversleeping. He sometimes spoke aloud to unseen presences, and at least once flew into a violent rage when the question of Bundy's paternity was raised." So, at least this was not his fault.

Bundy went way above and beyond any *advertiser censored*. "He decapitated at least 12 victims and kept some of the severed heads as mementos in his apartment.". This is somewhat above and beyond what *advertiser censored* magazines and even movies would offer, I assume.

However, because he had high IQ, he could have been used to help catch other serial killers. In fact, he did give a sound advise about the Green River Killer, saying that GRK probably had a habit of visiting the bodies of the killed victims. He advised the LE to wait for GRK next to the newest "dumping site", set up a trap. In hindsight, he was perfectly correct.

I think that in WA, UT or ORE, he would have not been executed. But the South is not playing games with rapists and killers of children, and Bundy's youngest victim was only 12 years of age.

Yes, I understand what an ellipse is, but they can be used in more than one way. It can mean that something was omitted, it could mean that there sounds like something else should be there but it's indecipherable, and it can also mean that there's a pause between the last word and the next. If a writer wants to show a pause in a sentence without breaking it or ending it altogether, an ellipse can pull both sides together...it doesn't always mean that there's supposed to be another word there. It could go either way.

ETA: With the three bolded "OMGs", I thought I was missing something that I wasn't getting.

Again, I said some were interested; if you were not, move along as we say, I find your reply a bit snarky, maybe it's just me.

Sure, but then why go national with the sketch, video on GMA if it's counterproductive and gets 3,000 odd tips of which maybe only 10% are worthwhile? It's like tips equals solution, but it's not working seemingly.

Who said it's counterproductive? Silly tips are counterproductive but releasing this info is not.

Yes, they have to wade through people who call in every thought they have that they've solved the case because he has a goat down his pants or whatever, in the hopes that someone who actually knows this man - not thinks they've matched him to someone on the internet- will recognize him and come forward, AND so that the perp feels pressure, which sometimes cusses these people to slip up, incriminate themselves, etc.

Wading through nonsense is the price of admission to possibly getting a real tip or getting the perp to crack in some manner.

if the person is currently held in jail, there is no danger.

or, by tipping the perp off to just how close you are to nailing him, it may also make it unlikely for him to commit a similar crime if he feels the heat.

We don't know who "the perp" is. We don't know if they are close to nailing him. Maybe their current suspect, if they have any, is not "the perp" at all. For two years, they were chasing other people, how would I know if they are right this time?

And I doubt the person is held in jail. No such information came from the LE.

And we have no proof that they even have a person in mind, less that if they do, they are not wrong this time, either. I hope they are right. I don't think that anyone who is in jail has anything to do with the killings, but it is just MOO.

True, it’s all about the pressure. I don’t think the pic release was intended to create nationwide public discussion, but I don’t see harm in discussing scenarios or what people see in the pic. It’s human nature to be curious and want to discuss things. The pic release was intended to elicit a response from a specific individual(s).

The problem is when say someone sees a puppy in the pic and they look for breeders in the area then post a side by side of said breeder on FB declaring them a suspect. That’s when it’s an issue.

Absolutely agreed. It's interesting to talk about what we see or don't see. No harm at all. Until people start calling in unproductive "tips" or start causing some hapless person to be harassed or speculated about.

That's super witch-hunty.

I think he was excited, the hunter chasing the game, high on own adrenaline (and maybe something else? We don't know it), so he did not even see the camera. He was anxious not to miss the big game, as the girls could run away. Probably the right word for his state of mind was "engaged".

Sorry to those annoyed by my post re: ellipses. Some of us have been discussing the audio tape, others not. Go ahead and speed by or mute if you are not interested, or already know everything there is to know. Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours burn brighter.

@SeattleStew, I don't think anyone is annoyed by your post at all. My feeling is, the mood here is the reflection of the general situation. The PC was a month ago. We were told, two weeks. In two weeks, nothing happened. Eventually, people start slowly chewing on very old material (not about your post, more about clothes, guns and all). And then, they get bored. What is happening is the symptom of boredom, and it comes with the hope for some news, and no news coming in. (I understand no one owes us the news, but that PC was surely shocking, and now we are told it was meant not for us, but for the family of the suspect.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1