Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #105

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not given a lot of thought to this, but since we are trying to figure out if the person is local .... could he be a person that works on a nearby farm? Sometimes farmers hire migrant workers to help. Migrant workers may come and go depending on the seasons. It is not at all uncommon for these workers to have their own community, many are afraid of judgement and for some.. perhaps they fear that they may be outside of laws regarding immigration status. Please know.. I am not condemning ANYONE...only trying to think out loud about why and/or how a person could kind of live unnoticed or unaccounted for.

No doubt WS-ers will recall Supt. DC's comment (an interesting one, I thought) that the suspect is (my paraphrase) "somewhere [in appearance] between..." [the older-looking suspect and the younger-looking suspect], and... that the sketches (again, my paraphrase here) are not a photographic representation of the suspect. Well! That's just a bunch of mush-mash (to quote @Cutiekitty;)) in my brain, that "between" language. Still... (just "me", again)... I believe (though I realize it's hugely unpopular) that the suspect is connected to Delphi, has all kinds of people he knows (perhaps works with, or is related to) there.

But "Delphians" (sorry) are terrified, should they/one of their friends/co-workers just spill.the.beans. And who wouldn't be? This is the "IRL" about which many people speak/write. Imagine yourself in their shoes -- knowing exactly who he is, yet...just not even sure what could transpire, were you to blow his cover? That's the stuff of "scary" and sleepless nights, I'm betting, for at least a few who live in that once-quiet little Indiana town. :eek:

In short: the suspect looks like neither the older-guy sketch or the younger-guy sketch (MOO); yet...the suspect does have certain (my words) "elements" of each of the two sketches. But which elements? (I can already imagine someone saying that right now, as they're reading this. :)) Can't say for sure (and, for LE to reveal "which elements" would, IMO, jeopardize the investigation).

Why the locals have not "nailed" the suspect? FWIW, please go back to read my post of a few days ago on that topic. Succinctly: the ones who know are, very literally, shaking with fear -- especially (MOO) for their own lives, as well as for their futures. What good is "reward money" if you're not alive to spend it? (It's rather creepy, to even ponder the suspect's going after his own family/friends who might this moment so want to "tell all"...) All just my own ramblings.
Fear is so real when dealing with a homicide case. If you know something you may be so afraid to tell - especially if the killer may be “beyond reproach” or “connected” to someone in power.

I know someone who had physical evidence that the driver of a fatal one-car accident actually had a gunshot wound to the back of his head. They took the physical evidence to the Major Crimes Division of a large city in an adjacent state who had it reviewed by the ME who agreed it was a GSW.

The person was contacted by someone very high up in State Police who “recommended” they keep their mouth shut. My friend was a single parent with a small child and, when she mentioned the call to the Major Crimes person was told “let it go”. She was told the victim had been released to a funeral home with NO AUTOPSY, despite an autopsy being REQUIRED if a death occurred within 24 hours of admission without a previous medical history. The “no autopsy” order came from a high-ranking State Police person.

The Major Crimes person said since the victim’s family already believed the death was from a car accident, there was no autopsy and the vehicle had likely already been destroyed there would probably never be an investigation, arrest or conviction so she should let it go in order to protect herself and her son.

The fear and guilt are still very real more than 20 years later.

I continue to believe that the tip they need must come from family. In my scenario, the vehicle and who was driving it will be the one piece they need. The family needs to identity which family member was driving the vehicle so they have probable cause to test the driver's DNA. What I don't understand is why they can't test DNA of all registered owners of all vehicles noted as being in the area (parked) at the time of the murders and/or during the search. There are very few people who can ID the person driving or sitting in the parked vehicle at the time of the murders, or before or after them. Those people would include family/other registered owners, and other people in the parking lots who may not realize what/who they saw.

Can they not interview everyone who used any of those lots that day (Trailhead lot, DCS, cemetary)?
Unless it's a car dealers auto.

MOO ISP Supt. DC said that BG in the video, is the voice G...DTH and is sketch YBG. That points to knowing a lot more than they did early on, and in interviews after 4/22, DC said they know more after the PC than before it.
After 2 years I am surprised they have been successful at gaining any new info. So that's great. Each bit of info shrinks BGs world.

No doubt WS-ers will recall Supt. DC's comment (an interesting one, I thought) that the suspect is (my paraphrase) "somewhere [in appearance] between..." [the older-looking suspect and the younger-looking suspect], and... that the sketches (again, my paraphrase here) are not a photographic representation of the suspect. Well! That's just a bunch of mush-mash (to quote @Cutiekitty;)) in my brain, that "between" language. Still... (just "me", again)... I believe (though I realize it's hugely unpopular) that the suspect is connected to Delphi, has all kinds of people he knows (perhaps works with, or is related to) there.

But "Delphians" (sorry) are terrified, should they/one of their friends/co-workers just spill.the.beans. And who wouldn't be? This is the "IRL" about which many people speak/write. Imagine yourself in their shoes -- knowing exactly who he is, yet...just not even sure what could transpire, were you to blow his cover? That's the stuff of "scary" and sleepless nights, I'm betting, for at least a few who live in that once-quiet little Indiana town. :eek:

In short: the suspect looks like neither the older-guy sketch or the younger-guy sketch (MOO); yet...the suspect does have certain (my words) "elements" of each of the two sketches. But which elements? (I can already imagine someone saying that right now, as they're reading this. :)) Can't say for sure (and, for LE to reveal "which elements" would, IMO, jeopardize the investigation).

Why the locals have not "nailed" the suspect? FWIW, please go back to read my post of a few days ago on that topic. Succinctly: the ones who know are, very literally, shaking with fear -- especially (MOO) for their own lives, as well as for their futures. What good is "reward money" if you're not alive to spend it? (It's rather creepy, to even ponder the suspect's going after his own family/friends who might this moment so want to "tell all"...) All just my own ramblings.
Why couldn't the ones who know just give anonymous tips?

I think that's one thing they are accurate on. The point I question is the weight...is he really that heavy? moo

I think the can somewhat calculate height based on the railroad ties and/or items in the background like trees. I thought someone determined that you could see AW in one of the earlier released stills and she was blurred out. I could be wrong about that.

The weight is probably a guess because his upper body appears bulky so he looks heavier. I personally think the weight is off. JMO

Edit: Weight is a hard one to guess. People are skinny, normal or fat as far as I’m concerned. Too many variables to consider when trying to guess weight like muscle mass, weight distribution, clothing, and posture can even make a person look heavier or thinner. BG looks doesn’t look skinny or fat to me.

Last edited:
I think the can somewhat calculate height based on the railroad ties and/or items in the background like trees. I thought someone determined that you could see AW in one of the earlier released stills and she was blurred out. I could be wrong about that.

The weight is probably a guess because his upper body appears bulky so he looks heavier. I personally think the weight is off. JMO

I do remember suggestions that AW was blurred out, but personally I never believed it. At least that suggestion wasn't as out there as posters who claimed AW was on BG's back. SMH

As to height, my personal estimate was 5'8" based on the size of the railway ties. (At least one poster measured them.) moo

I do remember suggestions that AW was blurred out, but personally I never believed it. At least that suggestion wasn't as out there as posters who claimed AW was on BG's back. SMH

As to height, my personal estimate was 5'8" based on the size of the railway ties. (At least one poster measured them.) moo

Bbm - I don’t either. I found the pic people are referencing and the more I look at it it doesn’t seem possible. It was posted on a news website and I suspect some of the other pics I’ve seen have been modified. I really wish people wouldn’t do that. It puts false info out there.

Yes and on the image thread a side by side was done with abbey on the bridge for comparison so I agree that is a reasonably accurate height.

I guess he could be a bit stooped over as he crosses so if anything, the 5'10" on the poster is a max IMO.

IN - IMAGE discussion re Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi

Link to post by image expert who estimated 5'8" +or- 3"

Post number 142 on that thread.

Last edited:
I’ve been thinking about this quite a bit. BP, TG, KG, and DG definitely knew the girls were leaving to go to the trail. BP said she told LG to clear it with AW’s mom so that’s possibly another one. KG said she was talking to her BF when she was on the way so that’s potentially one more person. Any one of them could’ve innocently mentioned it and the wrong person found out.

The other thing I’ve been thinking about is the time they left to go to the trail was spontaneous, but was the desire to go? They may have been talking amongst themselves (or with others) about wanting to go the previous evening or even earlier that morning.

Not to mention anyone could have overheard them talking on the phone, someone overheard the sister at a gas station, etc...

Looking back at the last presser didn't Carter say he wanted to speak to the driver of the car parked by the abandoned (now torn down) CPS building?
I'd LOVE to know if they did find the driver and speak to him. Is he a potential witness they want to interview or possible POI/suspect?
It keeps coming back to that car for me. Why is this car so important?
Did the driver briefly speak to LE on the 13th take off without leaving his name or phone number? Did he fit the BG description? Is he the young Bg dressed in all black? Was he there all alone or with a friend? or a parent? dad? gf? friends?

Last edited:
Not to mention anyone could have overheard them talking on the phone, someone overheard the sister at a gas station, etc...

Plus there were people already at the trail when they were dropped off. If any of them saw LG and AW there they could’ve told someone. They were dropped off between 1:35 and 1:45 (I’ve seen varying drop off times but this is the range based on what KG has said). LG posted at 2:07 - so there’s 22-32 minutes between drop off and bridge pic.

There has been such an emphasis on the last minute aspects of the trip, but really there are plenty of ways someone could’ve found out they were there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6