Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #105

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many think BG, old and new, monitors/comments on the boards/blogs/pages regarding this crime?

IMO Sadly, I think it keeps the crime "alive" for him and is exciting to him.

I completely agree. I’m sure he’s in all the FB groups too and had been loving the attention given to his disgusting crime especially with them having audio & video and he’s still not behind bars. That could have made him cocky as hell. I think he may have had to go change his undies after the last presser though. He has to know they’re onto him.

Here’s hope the anxiety he likely has from the presser helps smoke him out of his cozy “hiding in plain site” spot either by him making careless mistakes or people close to him noticing something is off with him.

I completely agree. I’m sure he’s in all
The FB groups too and had been loving the attention given to his disgusting crime. I think he may have had to go change his undies after the last presser though. He has to know they’re onto him.
I agree he monitors WS and other sites. Sometimes I will read a post by someone and get the feeling “it’s him”
Anyone else ever think that?

Plus there were people already at the trail when they were dropped off. If any of them saw LG and AW there they could’ve told someone. They were dropped off between 1:35 and 1:45 (I’ve seen varying drop off times but this is the range based on what KG has said). LG posted at 2:07 - so there’s 22-32 minutes between drop off and bridge pic.

There has been such an emphasis on the last minute aspects of the trip, but really there are plenty of ways someone could’ve found out they were there.
Im puzzling myself!

Does anyone agree that one of the following must be true If the perp was told, either deliberately or inadvertently, that Libby and/or Abby were on or heading for the Trails:

The perp must have known the girls and was looking to target them specifically already

Or

The girls were unknown to the perp but he felt that , whatever his knowledge of detail, it sounded like an ideal opportunity.

ETA ...looking to target...

Im puzzling myself!

Does anyone agree that one of the following must be true If the perp was told, either deliberately or inadvertently, that Libby and/or Abby were on or heading for the Trails:

The perp must have known the girls and targetted them specifically
Or
The girls were unknown to the perp but he felt that , whatever his knowledge of detail, it sounded like an ideal opportunity.

MOO-
I agree with option #1. The fact that he addressed them as “guys” on the audio makes me think there was some type of familiarity. I don’t ever address strangers with “guys” but I DO say “guys” to my kids friends.

The only 4 words absolutely confirmed to have been spoken on audio from LE are “guys ”and “down the hill” correct?

I have read things stating that one of the girls says he was creepy but is there a reputable source of where that info came from?

If they didn’t in fact say anything about him being creepy, then we are left with only 4 words, none of which truly tells us the suspect was familiar or unfamiliar to them and vice versa.

The more I think about it though, the “guys” thing though has really has resonated with me. I always have a houseful of teenagers and I say “guys” to them all the time.

Im puzzling myself!

The perp must have known the girls and was looking to target them specifically already

Or

Prior to the PC I would’ve said the second choice. Now I’m leaning towards the first choice. I don’t actually think the intent that day was to murder, but something happened and murder was the result.

There was a case a while back in my area involving 2 teens. The boy thought the girl was going to have sex with him and when she didn’t he killed her with an item at the scene. Not saying that is what happened in this case. Just saying things like that do happen.

Law enforcement has given the general public instructions of who to look for; a man. We have a sketch which is representative of what this man might resemble. We have an audio clip of a man’s voice.
I think it is important to follow LE instructions in who we are seeking vs put out information that may confuse efforts, and unknowingly abet the Perp’s ongoing escape.

Amateur opinion and speculation.

I don't quite understand why we should follow their instructions given their results, lol. And I am not anti-LE, I merely think they have few cases of such predatory crime, and hence, it is new to them, they are not experienced in it.

(For example, for DC, it might be difficult to comprehend how a true believer could do such a thing. While people from Pacific NW know that it happens. GRK operating here was religious, some even think he had "a Madonna and a prostitute complex". His official count is 49, and steadily rising as new remnants are discovered)

The Washington Post has an interesting article about Scott Beierle. I am not linking it as it is heavily politicized (I truly think they overdid it this time), but here is an interesting phrase,

"In a 2018 report, the Anti-Defamation League divided this “manosphere” into three overlapping tribes: “men’s rights activists,” who have channeled legitimate advocacy for equal treatment in divorce and custody disputes into a toxic male rage; “pick-up artists,” who have perverted those back-of-the-magazine schemes into a cult of predatory sexual entitlement; and “incels,” men who blame all women for their own involuntary celibacy."

I suspect that when we discuss the motive, it will be a cut between nr 2 and nr 3, although the perp may not necessarily organize his views yet. And while questions who exactly was targeted are rampant, the answer is, "both of them", as he is forming hatred of all women. And this might be his main motive.

The perp might have someone helping him, or covering for him, but he is lonely inside, and his anger is totally misplaced.

Prior to the PC I would’ve said the second choice. Now I’m leaning towards the first choice. I don’t actually think the intent that day was to murder, but something happened and murder was the result.

There was a case a while back in my area involving 2 teens. The boy thought the girl was going to have sex with him and when she didn’t he killed her with an item at the scene. Not saying that is what happened in this case. Just saying things like that do happen.

I think it is between the two. He might have slightly known them from SM, but he was not specifically targeting them to kill. He was targeting "someone", but his rage was instant and spilled over them. I think he needed to be in treatment, for a long time, and it had been neglected, and I do blame whoever is close to him (if anyone is), for not realizing the scope of his emotional issues. (However, it happens, think CW who had no prior indicators of predictive value.)

Yes. IMO the fact that he has made attempts to conceal his involvement indicate he knew right from wrong which, I believe, would eliminate an insanity defense?

That he is ill mentally, is obvious. No normal person would kill two random teenagers on the bridge, unless his life, or the life of his kids, would be instantaneously endangered by the said teenagers.

That "by reasons of insanity" plea is not going to fly is obvious, too.

Im puzzling myself!

Or

Yes

"Surprised a bit that there hasn’t been more TALK in town since the presser"

Perhaps all in town are afraid of embarrassing themselves with a suspicion, that they have, but themselves consider highly unlikely.

I am thinking, what if people suspect someone, but are not witnesses, and have not been around the bridge at that time? Then random accusations said out loud might have legal repercussions, too.

But if people are scared, they will exhibit avoidance. An example - truly random - if I'd suspect someone at my bank, I'd move to another branch, or use another auto dealership, or surely find another handyman to come to my house, etc, etc.

On the other hand, if I would feel that the accusations have no validity, or are unproven, I'd support the person by supporting his business.

In short, the behavior of the locals, even if they are afraid to come out or have no proof but some index of suspicion, might be telling. If nothing changes at all, it will mean that they don't buy "he is from Delphi" theory.

I think it is between the two. He might have slightly known them from SM, but he was not specifically targeting them to kill. He was targeting "someone", but his rage was instant and spilled over them. I think he needed to be in treatment, for a long time, and it had been neglected, and I do blame whoever is close to him (if anyone is), for not realizing the scope of his emotional issues. (However, it happens, think CW who had no prior indicators of predictive value.)
IMO He stalked the Bridge and area for months maybe, just looking for an opportunity to exercise the crime he had ran thru his head over and over. The fact that there were 2 vulnerable targets was just a bonus of sorts for him. Now, he luxuriates in the publicity aftermath

As stated upthread I go back and forth on a daily basis on how and who committed this heinous crime and my theories are exact opposites
1st theory IMO is this was not planned but BG found himself on the trails that day upset over something that had recently happened in his life such as a breakup with GF, huge fight with parents and because he does not handle disappointment well something triggered and these poor girls were the recipient of his uncontrolled rage

2nd theory- also IMO was this was a planned targeted revenge killing. I don’t know that the perp knew it would happen that particular day but somehow he found out the girls were going to be there and decided this was his chance to get revenge for a reason unbeknownst to us
Two different perps- two different reasons for the murders

I agree he monitors WS and other sites. Sometimes I will read a post by someone and get the feeling “it’s him”
Anyone else ever think that?
This gives me the creeps, but it has happened before.

I think he is obssessed with this case. It makes it hard because it means he is so close, yet no one has been able to nab him.

As stated upthread I go back and forth on a daily basis on how and who committed this heinous crime and my theories are exact opposites
1st theory IMO is this was not planned but BG found himself on the trails that day upset over something that had recently happened in his life such as a breakup with GF, huge fight with parents and because he does not handle disappointment well something triggered and these poor girls were the recipient of his uncontrolled rage

2nd theory- also IMO was this was a planned targeted revenge killing. I don’t know that the perp knew it would happen that particular day but somehow he found out the girls were going to be there and decided this was his chance to get revenge for a reason unbeknownst to us
Two different perps- two different reasons for the murders
I like your 1st theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members