Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #105

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant stop puzzling over the way this article explained the genesis of YSG .

'.......officials said the new image came about after some bit of new information that had been "continuously reviewed and examined." Authorities said the image "more accurately" depicted the face of the suspect from video recorded on German's cell phone while she and Abigail were on the High Bridge'

'New' Delphi suspect sketch was drawn days after murders of 2 Indiana girls, artist says
I have said before that it is possible that the FBI or Disney or someone new may be “continuously reviewing or examining” the video from the girls phone. New advancements happen everyday.

Hey all! I am trying to catch up so please be patient with me. In looking at BG's pic, the jacket appears huge. Perhaps an XL on a medium body. It bunches up on the sleeve and has room even though it appears there are clothing layers as well. What is that on BG's left leg shaped like a rectangle under the pants as he moves.

Who lived in the home with Libby?
Who is CP in relation to MP?
Did he live there at the time?
With regards to FSG, if he had not seen the 2 girls why would he send <modsnip: redacted name of family member> in a direction away from the crime scene? Also, could the 2 people he claimed he saw fighting (a couple I believe) have been BG and one of the girls after the other girl was killed? The timing was certainly right.
I thought the girls were doing some work to get some money to shop, what made them go to the trail instead?
Where was Abby's phone?
Was the phrase 'creepy guy' said by the girls on audio? If not, where did it come from?
Was there a witness who saw a man in black?

It had to be planned, BG appeared ready to kill. In my opinion of course. He had what appeared to be a gun and possibly other items under a huge jacket. It appeared something was also in his pockets or under his jeans on the left leg. He was in and out quickly.

BUT, did he know the girls? If random, why pick 2 girls instead of waiting for just one? This makes me think targeted. Which means he knew where they would be and approximately for how long. Either way, he certainly knew the area. And he definitely took some risks on this warm day with so many out. Did the girls see something like a drug deal? <modsnip: not victim friendly> Could one of the girls have a tracker app that BG had access to?

Thanks for your patience, I did try to get the answers but this thread is so dang long. I do hope we get closure for these girls.

I will answer what I can but a lot of the stuff we just don't know, obviously.

Libby lived with MP, her step grandfather, BP her grandmother, DG her father, KG her sister, and CP adopted step brother. I hope those are correct but if not, others will hopefully correct. I don't think Abby had a phone, but not completely sure about that. They went to the trails last minute as it was such a nice day. Most of your other stuff is not known and has been speculated on a lot. There is a short image thread and media thread both accessable from post 1 of each thread which may help some of your other points and questions. No discussion allowed on the media thread and the image thread is closed to further posts. HTH.

If OCD about “numbers” (and we all have some of it, otherwise why are people afraid of “Friday the 13th?” - it was unlucky only for the Templars), then it truly might be that he dislikes the number 7. 07-13, or 13-2017. But it might have been that the first killing randomly fell on 07-13, and maybe afterwards he was lucky, and now he is somehow tied up to “doubles” and numbers.

There might be even "triples" as long as "no less than two" I think. And - the idea of "one case fulfilling all the conditions per each state" might be feasible. These connections are hard to trace because what do we know about a person's OCD? A date, with numbers, at least two people, either near water or a flat clearing, or "a meadow next to water"? Could it be the case?

ETA: he might be randomly "closing" the months. 07-13, 02-13, one year it will be 10-13, etc. Probably more likely than disliking nr 7, as I initially thought. So maybe in the database, one could look for killings falling on the 13th of each month, with at least a couple killed, fould close to water on a clearing, and see what else pans out? Some may not be found, as the intent is not for them to be found.
I don’t think we have any real evidence of a connection to the murders of 2 girls in Iowa. So speculating on whether the perp has OCD seems a bit much. Just my opinion.

RSBM
Agreed, interesting. There is also a significant incidence of OCD in young people.
I can affirm this. I was diagnosed with OCD in my early 20s. I haven't had an episode in a few years though.

I have known people with the numbers form of OCD as well. It's true it involves some magical thinking (some numbers are "good" and some are "bad").

It's an interesting angle, and may connect other crimes to this one. It shows a pattern.

I have a fear that BG is a repeat offender.

I have said before that it is possible that the FBI or Disney or someone new may be “continuously reviewing or examining” the video from the girls phone. New advancements happen everyday.
Yeah I remember you proposing that. It makes sense. My only reticence is that LE would release any clearer, less pixelated, facial image of BG?

Yeah I remember you proposing that. It makes sense. My only reticence is that LE would release any clearer, less pixelated, facial image of BG?
It is one thing to use technology in the moment to make an object/person more clear. But the image of BG was never clear. It was shot from far away. Technology can only do so much. You simply cannot make technology “remember” details or clarify an image that was never clear in the first place (beyond what has already been done).

Unfortunately, I do not see any strides being made in this area. What we see is what we get. MOO

It is one thing to use technology in the moment to make an object/person more clear. But the image of BG was never clear. It was shot from far away. Technology can only do so much. You simply cannot make technology “remember” details or clarify an image that was never clear in the first place (beyond what has already been done).

Unfortunately, I do not see any strides being made in this area. What we see is what we get. MOO

This is so true and exactly why LE is asking for focus on the body and mannerisms. The face never has been and never will be clearer than it currently is.

After reading quite a lot the past few days of things we cannot discuss here, I've decided to take a break from commenting. I haven't given up on justice for Abby and Libby. I believe it will come with time. Like the LE has said many times, may the people who know who's responsible do the right thing and come forward.

Do you think the vehicle parked at the abandon building was a truck? Or why do you think he drives a truck?

I look at the case based on more than just the sketches or the car investigators are looking for parked next to the abandoned building. I have no clue as to where the killer parked.

I think it could be a refrigerated truck driver because if you look at a picture of the suspect he is dressed head to toe in clothing that looks to keep him warm, yet the picture of Abby is one that suggests walking on the trail that day would make you warm. At meat factories, when truck drivers go onto the dock they are usually dressed warm because they sometimes have to enter the dock to make sure the truck was loaded properly. When these trucks are loaded the dock itself is cold because the meat has to stay cold while shipping. So that is why the suspect is dressed the way he is in the video on Liberty German's phone. I already know that someone will counter that with the fact that he could have just been dressed warm that day because it was mid-February. Everyone has their theory and is entitled to their opinion.

Recently a youtuber plotted some points of interest out concerning pork factories in both Evansdale, Iowa and the one in Delphi, Indiana. I agree that the case could be related to a pork meat factory although the youtuber tends to think it could be worker at one of the plants while I tend to think it is a truck driver who travels. That is the "association" I think the killer could possibly have with the Delphi area.

This is all just one big guess though. It is not based on any sort of established facts.

Thanks Charlot123 ,From Germany and Boxer for your replies.

That possibility is my worst nightmare. Perhaps BG just drifted around like Israel Keys scouting out random places always on the hunt. Lurking in the shadows ready to strike and carry out his evil unspeakable crimes against innocents.

MOO
I believe the odds are he was at one time a resident here. Just the same, an Israel Keys copycat is scary. That would make them VERY difficult to catch.

That raises some questions in my mind. Could this guy be from as far away as Chicago, Lexington KY or St. Louis MO? BUT he works with or worked with at one time a person from the Delphi area? Worse still, maybe while biking on the Katy Trail in MO or on a trail in the Daniel Boone National Forest he strikes up a conversation with someone and learns about the trail and the bridge. If that were the case could this be one of many places this guy scouted out?

Killers who travel far away from their home are rare. But the FBI was interested enough at one time that they studied the possibility of long haul truckers committing crimes. There is also the I-70 Killer. I-70 Killer - Wikipedia

Uncommon, but not impossible.

This is so true and exactly why LE is asking for focus on the body and mannerisms. The face never has been and never will be clearer than it currently is.

It's a good suggestion as to what the 'new bit of information' that was ' constantly reviewed and examined' may be , however, I tend to agree that we've probably seen the image as good as it can be. Given that, what else could the reviewed and examined bit of info that leads to the release of a younger image be?

Esp as the younger image is an early sketch. The new bit of info led to the decision to release already held image, not generate a new one.

bbm

Imagine, he is wearing this clothing, you are describing, puts a shorts over the "all black" (or doesn't), beanie on his head, headphones on and now starts running like every other athlete would do for a "workout" on a nice sunny February day ...
Because of his task, to escape as a well-dressed, normal runner, I'm always thinking, he wasn't covered in blood. The MO might be different than what we are thinking perhaps.
Maybe, BG's shoes were the same as before (in the video they seem (for me) not to be the shoes, an average man would wear, fitting with dad jeans and boring blouson). Maybe, they were suitable running shoes.

All IMO and thoughts only.

yep...it's possible! Until they catch BG we'll never know.

It's a good suggestion as to what the 'new bit of information' that was ' constantly reviewed and examined' may be , however, I tend to agree that we've probably seen the image as good as it can be. Given that, what else could the reviewed and examined bit of info that leads to the release of a younger image be?

Esp as the younger image is an early sketch. The new bit of info led to the decision to release already held image, not generate a new one.

BBM - My guess would be something related to SM.

I look at the case based on more than just the sketches or the car investigators are looking for parked next to the abandoned building. I have no clue as to where the killer parked.

I think it could be a refrigerated truck driver because if you look at a picture of the suspect he is dressed head to toe in clothing that looks to keep him warm, yet the picture of Abby is one that suggests walking on the trail that day would make you warm. At meat factories, when truck drivers go onto the dock they are usually dressed warm because they sometimes have to enter the dock to make sure the truck was loaded properly. When these trucks are loaded the dock itself is cold because the meat has to stay cold while shipping. So that is why the suspect is dressed the way he is in the video on Liberty German's phone. I already know that someone will counter that with the fact that he could have just been dressed warm that day because it was mid-February. Everyone has their theory and is entitled to their opinion.

Recently a youtuber plotted some points of interest out concerning pork factories in both Evansdale, Iowa and the one in Delphi, Indiana. I agree that the case could be related to a pork meat factory although the youtuber tends to think it could be worker at one of the plants while I tend to think it is a truck driver who travels. That is the "association" I think the killer could possibly have with the Delphi area.

This is all just one big guess though. It is not based on any sort of established facts.
Fascinating speculation re: the freezer truck. Of course, the attire might have been chosen because it concealed and camouflaged, but I like your creative thinking. Really interesting.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Fascinating speculation re: the freezer truck. Of course, the attire might have been chosen because it concealed and camouflaged, but I like your creative thinking. Really interesting.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Thank you. I submitted this same idea to police shortly after the murders, but only got a generic generated response. I totally understand why though:

Thinking something and proving it are two different things.

And the I-
I believe the odds are he was at one time a resident here. Just the same, an Israel Keys copycat is scary. That would make them VERY difficult to catch.

That raises some questions in my mind. Could this guy be from as far away as Chicago, Lexington KY or St. Louis MO? BUT he works with or worked with at one time a person from the Delphi area? Worse still, maybe while biking on the Katy Trail in MO or on a trail in the Daniel Boone National Forest he strikes up a conversation with someone and learns about the trail and the bridge. If that were the case could this be one of many places this guy scouted out?

Killers who travel far away from their home are rare. But the FBI was interested enough at one time that they studied the possibility of long haul truckers committing crimes. There is also the I-70 Killer. I-70 Killer - Wikipedia

Uncommon, but not impossible.
And the I-5 Killer.

I wonder if the person who dropped them at the bridge told anyone she did that ( not family), and also I wonder if the family member who was to pick them up told anyone he was going to do that( since there was a delay between the time he was asked and him actually going to get them)...just an interesting thought.

additionally, there are MANY groups that use that area for recreation, including hunting groups, boyscouts, photogs, university employees and groups that are trying to "save" the bridge and expand the recreation area. All these people would know the area VERY well. The bridge seems to be very popular in the area and there are tons of articles that revolve around it and the Deer Creek reserve.

Last edited:
My mind changes weekly on this case. One week I have my POI and am convinced it is him then I learn different information about the case and I am leaning towards a different POI.
It will probably turn out like the Jayme Closs case and be someone no one would have ever suspected
This case drives me CRAZY!!
This is ME !!! Except my POI changes daily LOL I am going crazy over this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003