Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no expert but IMO, if that were the case they would obtain a sample surreptitiously and have it tested.

This combined with the fact that LE hasn't asked all men in Delphi to voluntarily provide DNA samples--even though LE believes the man to possibly be from Delphi--leads me to just one conclusion: LE didn't recover any DNA from the crime scene, despite their claims to the contrary. With the high profile nature of this case, people surely would have volunteered their DNA, and it wouldn't have taken more than a day to crowdfund the money necessary to test it all and even submit the offender's sample for familial testing. Heck, the labs may have offered their services for free in this instance.

I really hope I'm wrong here, but everything I've seen so far leads to the inescapable conclusion that there simply isn't any DNA in this case.

But we know from Kelsi German that DNA samples were taken of family members. Perhaps they haven't done a DNA drive in the town, but there's no evidence they haven't been taking voluntary DNA swabs from witnesses and potential POIs.

ETA: Removed unnecessary comment due to my lack of reading comprehension ;)

Suppose they have no match for DNA, and also suppose they have some suspicion about a certain person. Yet perhaps do not enough circumstantial evidence to even request a DNA sample from this individual. It’s probably been asked already, but hmm.

Do they need that one tip to legally obtain a DNA sample?
Isn't everyone's garbage fair game once it's at the curb? LE could at least comfirm a match for investigative purposes but I don't know if then they'd have to show some sort of probable cause to get a judge to sign a warrant to get confirming DNA?

Last edited:
Sorry this can't be it as gruesome as it is this is not what I saw.

I think I am lost as I have no idea about the “lyrics” so I was pretty confused when it was brought up.
What am I missing? Is that brought up in an earlier post? I’m not seeing it if it was, then again I have terrible service. Can someone direct me to the info about it? Sorry in advance!

This is getting very interesting to me, as I had forgotten about the the conversation via FB (messenger) that someone screenshot between a family member and his bf.
You see, the "bf" is a son to one of my dearest friends.

I had hoped she never knew his name was being dropped in the festered world of social media. Now that KG has created her video, I need to check in with her. Dang.

FWIW, I don't think the FB post (when I saw it, it was a post and not a private conversation since FB PMs don't give you the option to "like" what was written) has anything to do with the case. I think it was two friends goofing around, and it just had the misfortune of happening right before the murders. I don't think there's a relevance to the case at all, just bad timing.

GH may have been speculating as to the exact words spoken by the girls, but here is a news article which corroborates the fact that they discussed the man 'behind' them on the audio recording.

Police: Delphi murder victims spoke of man behind them in audio played for family

State police say more audio from Libby German's cell phone was played for the victims' families, including a mention of a man they noticed behind them.

Police say the girls mostly talk about "stuff girls talk about" in the recording, but they also mention the man. The only audio that has been released to the public from the phone is that of a man's voice ordering German and her friend, Abby Williams, "down the hill."

I think I am lost as I have no idea about the “lyrics” so I was pretty confused when it was brought up.
What am I missing? Is that brought up in an earlier post? I’m not seeing it if it was, then again I have terrible service. Can someone direct me to the info about it? Sorry in advance!

One more time for the record:

A few days before the girls were murdered, one of the family members made a FB post that, though questionable, was probably an inside joke. His friend commented and continued the topic. The girls were killed just a few days later and since the murders there has been quite a bit of chatter about the post. BP and Kelsi said that it didn't mean anything, that it was just song lyrics. Although no such song has been located at this point, IMO it has nothing to do with the case to begin with. It was not a rumor started by GH or anyone else-it was an actual FB post. Look around some and you'll find screenshots of it. With people gossiping like they have been, the post kind of took on a life of its own. If either one of these people had anything to do with the murders, LE would've sniffed them out by now.

FWIW, I don't think the FB post (when I saw it, it was a post and not a private conversation since FB PMs don't give you the option to "like" what was written) has anything to do with the case. I think it was two friends goofing around, and it just had the misfortune of happening right before the murders. I don't think there's a relevance to the case at all, just bad timing.

That is possible, mtnlights, and makes some sense given the ample amount of time to find the killers of Abby and Libby. IMO.

One more time for the record:

A few days before the girls were murdered, one of the family members made a FB post that, though questionable, was probably an inside joke. His friend commented and continued the topic. The girls were killed just a few days later and since the murders there has been quite a bit of chatter about the post. BP and Kelsi said that it didn't mean anything, that it was just song lyrics. Although no such song has been located at this point, IMO it has nothing to do with the case to begin with. It was not a rumor started by GH or anyone else-it was an actual FB post. Look around some and you'll find screenshots of it. With people gossiping like they have been, the post kind of took on a life of its own. If either one of these people had anything to do with the murders, LE would've sniffed them out by now.

I agree that LE has heavily scrutinized the post and the people involved. It was the worst possible post made at the worst possible time. That is undeniable. I can see why people were talking about it. When I saw it I wasn’t sure if it was real, but the debunking clarified its veracity.

One question...is the screenshot of the post the actual post?

Edit: Just wondering if what I’ve seen has been manipulated in any way. It came from a site that seems kind of shady.

Last edited:
Just curious:

Does anyone here think LE has a prime POI on their radar that they have under surveillance 24/7?

Also, for such surveillance situations, is it always kept under wraps? Or are there times when LE can carefully let the POI know he/she is being monitored, in the hope that this knowledge would put additional needed pressure on the POI?
I believe a few POI were under surveillance, giving LE time to rule each one out.
Past cases of LE following suspects to retrieve cigarette butts, throwing out soda cans.
One case I recall, LE requested to swap the inside of a suspect murdered work van,
this lead to the arrest of the suspected murderer.

As far as I remember the so called "song lyrics" were posted on the day of the murders, just a couple of hours before they happened? And yes, that is a really weird coincidence, but I'm also sure that LE investigated that angle. MOO.

I agree that LE has heavily scrutinized the post and the people involved. It was the worst possible post made at the worst possible time. That is undeniable. I can see why people were talking about it. When I saw it I wasn’t sure if it was real, but the debunking clarified its veracity.

One question...is the screenshot of the post the actual post?

Edit: Just wondering if what I’ve seen has been manipulated in any way. It came from a site that seems kind of shady.

I have no idea if the screenshot you saw was of the post or if it's been manipulated in any way. I have my own screenshot of the post that I took myself.

I have no idea if the screenshot you saw was of the post or if it's been manipulated in any way. I have my own screenshot of the post that I took myself.

The one I saw had a different date and different post order than what you posted. That’s why I was curious. There are some wonky pics out there so you never know.

I recall it being dated 2/14/17? Is my memory correct? Moo

The one I saw had a different date and different post order than what you posted. That’s why I was curious. There are some wonky pics out there so you never know.

Hmmm...I didn't post an image of anything that included a date or post order so now I am confused. I've not shared any images, including screenshots, on this board at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member