Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is getting very interesting to me, as I had forgotten about the the conversation via FB (messenger) that someone screenshot between a family member and his bf.
You see, the "bf" is a son to one of my dearest friends.

I had hoped she never knew his name was being dropped in the festered world of social media. Now that KG has created her video, I need to check in with her. Dang.

Last edited:
That's one of the reasons why I think Carter said that BG was "hiding in plain sight." He probably just blends right in with everyone else.
Orr, (the "double r" is intentional) his day job is one of helping, not harming? Anybody ever hear of John Leonard Orr? While FBI agent Massa (?) said people should be looking for people who "cancelled appointments last minute", "changed their looks", missed work" etc. How about someone who didn't do any of those things....because he was doing his job, he didn't have to change his looks or cancel anything?? As a matter-of-fact, making everyone think they were lucky he showed up to help! (I have read every single post for the last 5 days straight before presenting this recurring thought.)
Orr had originally wanted to be a police officer, but had failed the entrance exam; instead he became a fire investigator and career fire officer.

John Leonard Orr - Wikipedia
Thinking ROSES;);) May have hit the nail on the head. From post #599
@Handsome Sailor: The new sketch - makes the killer look like a cheerful milk-fed athlete. All-American as apple pie. Centerfield in the minor leagues.
@rosesfromangels: And perhaps by all outward appearances, he is.

Last edited:
I've been hesitant to post this, as I don't like to get caught up chasing similarities in other cases, but I saw this a week or so ago and can't get it out of my head.
https://www.kgw.com/article/news/lo...park/283-be7a6f28-e41c-44d7-90bd-7b92197f4684
Police looking for man who tried to abduct 13-year-old girl at Milo McIver State Park

It's a long distance away (Oregon), but there's correspondence on just about every level.

The description is similar, what's available from the sketch (which seemingly intentionally omits the eyes and mouth) is intermediate between the two in A & L's case, victim is 13yo female, and location characteristics are very similar (at a park with several bridges over water, just outside a town the same size as Delphi, roughly the same distance from the nearest big city).

As far as I can tell, this guy still has not been caught.

I have never heard this anywhere

It’s rumored the family got to hear more audio than we have, and this was something Abby uttered, since many think her jacket partially appears in one of the suspect still frames as the suspect came up behind her. We have no evidence that corroborates any of this, though, so I am not making much of it at this point.

I think they have DNA but no match yet. It will come eventually. Look how long they had to wait to get the GSK and others recently. They can't hide from their DNA forever. His world is becoming smaller every day. MOO

Suppose they have no match for DNA, and also suppose they have some suspicion about a certain person. Yet perhaps do not enough circumstantial evidence to even request a DNA sample from this individual. It’s probably been asked already, but hmm.

Do they need that one tip to legally obtain a DNA sample?

Suppose they have no match for DNA, and also suppose they have some suspicion about a certain person. Yet perhaps do not enough circumstantial evidence to even request a DNA sample from this individual. It’s probably been asked already, but hmm.

Do they need that one tip to legally obtain a DNA sample?

I'm no expert but IMO, if that were the case they would obtain a sample surreptitiously and have it tested.

Age 20-25, possibly looking younger. I think he's way skinnier than people think too. Legs thin and slightly bow-legged. Arms thin under the bunched up jacket sleeves. Torso size obscured by bulky items being kept in the front pockets of his hoodie and/or jacket. Concealing a weapon or kill kit? Slight hunching of the shoulders, because of the bridge or normal posture? Can't tell if he has the hoodie up or down - it varies depending on frame. In one frame I think I can see the outline of his hairline around his left ear. I also think he may have his left hand only partially tucked into his jeans pocket. I think I can see an extended finger or two pointing downwards. Mannerism? Then again, it might just be a pair of sun glasses hanging from the pocket. Some seem to see a knife sheathe. To me it looks flesh toned.

I don't think LE wanted to use all of their 'trump cards' at once. They proably thought releasing the image of BG and a snippet of his voice/audio in February 2017 would be enough to generate tips and lead to an arrest. When almost 6 months went by with no arrest, they then released the composite sketch in July 2017. It may have taken many months to interview witnesses, check alibis and surveillence/SM/bank records etc. before they felt confident in that sketch. For some reason LE lost confidence in this POI/sketch in early 2019 and switched gears. Releasing "Guys", along with the new sketch and video helped re-new interest in the case and generated many new tips, plus it may have been a message to the killer, letting him know that LE does in fact have more information from the recording...and making him stress/guess just how much more they have. If no arrest has been made by the 3 year anniversary of the crime I wouldn't be surprised if LE releases a little bit more audio/video to keep the case from going cold (hopefully it won't get to that point).
Yep, perhaps another word in Sept timeframe, when the tips are running down again maybe.

Just curious:

Does anyone here think LE has a prime POI on their radar that they have under surveillance 24/7?

Also, for such surveillance situations, is it always kept under wraps? Or are there times when LE can carefully let the POI know he/she is being monitored, in the hope that this knowledge would put additional needed pressure on the POI?

Just curious:

Does anyone here think LE has a prime POI on their radar that they have under surveillance 24/7?

Also, for such surveillance situations, is it always kept under wraps? Or are there times when LE can carefully let the POI know he/she is being monitored, in the hope that this knowledge would put additional needed pressure on the POI?
IMO: No, yes, and no.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I'm amazed at the differing ages everyone is coming up with. Why is there such a big range?

16-55 :-(

I'll add my guestimate 17-30

I'm not really surprised by it, it's just subjective interpretation of vague and to some extent conflicting information.

To me the age is one of the more up in the air aspects here, I have him at 28-35 but I wouldn't be surprised at any age within or near the 18-40 range given by LE.

Our own personal life experiences are our reference points. : )

True, but I'm also taking into account any official updates from the police to narrow down the parameters. They now say the recent sketch is the more accurate representation of the Bridge Guy. They also adjusted their age range to 20s to late 30s but possibly younger in appearance.

Exact wording:
The person in the sketch released April 22nd is described as having a youthful appearance, but could fall in the age range from his 20’s to late 30’s

Yes, they could be wrong, but they have access to way more information and facts than we do. They are the one who've put countless man hours into the case investigating leads, interviewing witnesses and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member