Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that LE has heavily scrutinized the post and the people involved. It was the worst possible post made at the worst possible time. That is undeniable. I can see why people were talking about it. When I saw it I wasn’t sure if it was real, but the debunking clarified its veracity.

One question...is the screenshot of the post the actual post?

Edit: Just wondering if what I’ve seen has been manipulated in any way. It came from a site that seems kind of shady.
I have recently seen what looks like part of the convo that Kelsie mentions and it appears it took place on the day of the murders. The comments I saw were dated 13th Feb 2017 approx between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. so I hope we are all discussing the same posts.

Building the case? They are taking their time then

A case like this and this madman could strike again any minute. They have had years. All that evidence...images,audio and still nothing. I don’t think they have a clue at all

I have recently seen what looks like part of the convo that Kelsie mentions and it appears it took place on the day of the murders. The comments I saw were dated 13th Feb 2017 approx between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. so I hope we are all discussing the same posts.
This seems like it's the same one I saw. What really gets me is it was posted on the same day the girls went missing. Really eerie and no song lyrics to be found to match.

This seems like it's the same one I saw. What really gets me is it was posted on the same day the girls went missing. Really eerie and no song lyrics to be found to match.

Yeah, I remember seeing it months ago and staring at the time and date because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. And if I am reading it right. And then felt very confused for hours, like I just fell through a wormhole or something and landed in an alternate universe. So I am not surprised that this led to rumors or to people being just as confused as I was. Or still am. But if we saw it, then LE saw it too. But like I said before, it must be one of the weirdest coincidences ever.

Yeah, I remember seeing it months ago and staring at the time and date because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. And if I am reading it right. And then felt very confused for hours, like I just fell through a wormhole or something and landed in an alternate universe. So I am not surprised that this led to rumors or to people being just as confused as I was. Or still am. But if we saw it, then LE saw it too. But like I said before, it must be one of the weirdest coincidences ever.
Weird AND a bit hinky. Jmo

Thank you for your post. Very sorry for the loss of your only child. Can't even find the words to express what I feel.

I always read that in UK, "they have cameras on every corner". Is it true? Do you think the case could have been solved even in a large country like the US, if there were the pics, and the audio, and cameras on both sides of the Monon Bridge?

It is an important issue. Some people here believe we need more cameras, but others feel it is invasion into their privacy. Hence my question.

I think what may have been helpful are the number of traffic cameras we have. I live on a rural road, although not remote. I disturbed burglars at our home last year and had a partial plate of the van to give the police. I was surprised when they told me there was a traffic camera just up the road, I have lived here 9 years and had no idea there was one. From the camera they were able to identify the vehicle within a few hours. Being able to track down all of vehicles in the immediate area that afternoon could have been really helpful in finding BG.

i must have missed precious references to 'the girls are not how they were left'....threads move too fast

it wasn't case of just murdering them then....theres something very unique about this. how they were killed and how bodies were left.

This is my opinion too, especially as the COD has never been released.

Libby German's Sister Debunks Rumors About Delphi Murders in YouTube Video

From the article:

German first began with a timeline of events the day she dropped off Libby and Abby near the scenic Monon High Bridge, an abandoned railroad bridge over Deer Creek. She planned to go to work that day, but rushed back to the area when she learned Libby hadn’t returned home and wasn’t answering her phone.

Searchers found her sister and Abby’s bodies about a half mile away the following day.

“That whole week after the murders was a complete blur, so, asking us to remember everything completely correct is so ... I don’t even think it’s possible,” German said. “I don’t think anybody can remember something [specific] after something tragic like that happens."

Delphi murders: Abby & Libby’s families brace for 2nd anniversary, pray 'today is the day'

This is an article from February but it had some info that I had not heard before.

On Saturday, two mystery camera memory cards marked with Libby’s name fell out of a photo album. Becky Patty said she has thousands, probably tens of thousands, of photos of her granddaughter – “Libby and Kelsi were so into photography and just doing these photo shoots everywhere,” she said – but she was still anxious to see what was hidden on cards that date themselves by their 1GB capacity, relatively tiny by standards of 2017, the last time Libby would have used them.

“You’d have thought that we would have found everything by now, after she’s been gone,” Becky Patty said. “Things like that just pop up. … She’s still here.”

Williams said she’s had to get better at tuning out some of the true-crime online discussions dedicated to the Delphi murders that hash and re-hash theories and then try to draw her in. Over the weekend, one rumor getting replayed had her particularly frustrated – that Abby had been alive when the girls were found.

“They run out of things to talk about, so they run through the whole list of rumors,” Williams said. “You have to realize most of them mean well. Others of them, I just don’t know what to say.”

Last edited:
Isn't everyone's garbage fair game once it's at the curb? LE could at least comfirm a match for investigative purposes but I don't know if then they'd have to show some sort of probable cause to get a judge to sign a warrant to get confirming DNA?

Many rural areas will allow household trash to be burned in a barrel. MOO-it would be very difficult to retrieve trash from a burn barrel surreptitiously, much more difficult than picking up a plastic garbage bag sitting curbside.

Last edited:
I'm amazed at the differing ages everyone is coming up with. Why is there such a big range?

16-55 :-(

I'll add my guestimate 17-30
bbm
If you have an unofficially POI, you aren't guessing but you maybe know his age. Guessing perhaps circa 25 yo (pic); knowing 29/30 yo.
If going with the video still, I wouldn't have been surprised, if the perp was older, like OBG pic, circa 45-55 yo.

This is the one I saw. Wasn’t sure about the date since @mtnlites said it was posted a couple of days prior to this.

Delphi murders: Abby & Libby’s families brace for 2nd anniversary, pray 'today is the day'

This is an article from February but it had some info that I had not heard before.

On Saturday, two mystery camera memory cards marked with Libby’s name fell out of a photo album. Becky Patty said she has thousands, probably tens of thousands, of photos of her granddaughter – “Libby and Kelsi were so into photography and just doing these photo shoots everywhere,” she said – but she was still anxious to see what was hidden on cards that date themselves by their 1GB capacity, relatively tiny by standards of 2017, the last time Libby would have used them.

“You’d have thought that we would have found everything by now, after she’s been gone,” Becky Patty said. “Things like that just pop up. … She’s still here.”

Williams said she’s had to get better at tuning out some of the true-crime online discussions dedicated to the Delphi murders that hash and re-hash theories and then try to draw her in. Over the weekend, one rumor getting replayed had her particularly frustrated – that Abby had been alive when the girls were found.

“They run out of things to talk about, so they run through the whole list of rumors,” Williams said. “You have to realize most of them mean well. Others of them, I just don’t know what to say.”

BBM - All true. I include myself in this and I do mean well.

I’m guessing she isn’t more vocal because of the people that don’t mean well. It’s too bad really because she’s very reasonable and so relatable.

I do. I think the POI with a drug abuse problem, a known tie to the site and opportunity to commit the crime also has some challenges to definitely place there at the time.

I believe they are building the case. I really do.
More likely alcohol abuse. And, if drugs, PEDs.

But, I agree, a case is being built imho, too.

Building the case? They are taking their time then

A case like this and this madman could strike again any minute. They have had years. All that evidence...images,audio and still nothing. I don’t think they have a clue at all
Probably not a serial killer. Probably not a "madman" in the classical sense. And, it seems to me, LE is not very concerned that he will strike again.....and, were not concerned that was the case either immediately after the murders or all the way up to 4/22. No. This is something else.

FWIW, I don't think the FB post (when I saw it, it was a post and not a private conversation since FB PMs don't give you the option to "like" what was written) has anything to do with the case. I think it was two friends goofing around, and it just had the misfortune of happening right before the murders. I don't think there's a relevance to the case at all, just bad timing.
Agreed. I doubt this sliver of salacious info has anything to do with this case, it merely exposes the two of them for being very creepy people and reflects badly on them. However, it is also bad optics for the family and grist for the FB mill for weeks! JMO.
ed:sp

Probably not a serial killer. Probably not a "madman" in the classical sense. And, it seems to me, LE is not very concerned that he will strike again.....and, were not concerned that was the case either immediately after the murders or all the way up to 4/22. No. This is something else.
Respectfully have a different POV on this. I think LE is very concerned, but wants to keep the citizens calm and orderly while they solve this case.

Amateur opinion and speculation

bbm
If you have an unofficially POI, you aren't guessing but you maybe know his age. Guessing perhaps circa 25 yo (pic); knowing 29/30 yo.
If going with the video still, I wouldn't have been surprised, if the perp was older, like OBG pic, circa 45-55 yo.
You're right. I have POI's in the age range that I chose but some others older too, although that higher age is now discounted by LE. It's hard to see the video as a young man IMO.

Totally agree. A couple of days ago you mentioned the "elephants" in the room, an expression I too once used here. I'd like to add there are numerous monkeys doing a dance around those elephants and the fact that we cannot discuss those "FACTS" leaves us rehashing points that will lead us no closer to the truth of why these murders happened. I have no doubt LE are aware of all of this pertinent info, but perhaps they don't know exactly who did it or are unable to make a case against anyone with the evidence they have. We here are figuratively handcuffed which prevents us from discussing pertinent, factual info and they are handcuffed due to possible lack of evidence and/or cooperation by those who know what happened. Many refer to FB as the "Snake Pit" and I agree, but I'm beginning to see Delphi as the "Circus".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist