Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #111

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have only posted a couple times and messed up above.

My apologies if this type of post is not allowed. Again, not used to posting.

Here is my original comment...
There was also a Flora business owner arrested last wk for 2 counts of sexual acts on a child under 14 and 1 count of sexual acts on a person under 21. Someone with the same last name (different first name) owns land by High Bridge.
Interesting. Not one article I found about this had a picture of him. Could you find one?
ETA: His last FB post was March 14, 2017.

Last edited:
No, sorry- I wasn’t suggesting he was in disguise-that has been suggested by many of you as you say-but I have been thinking about the witness reporting something they thought was suspicious. I have just been thinking over and over what it may have been that warranted reporting. (Burying something-a weapon or tool or ‘removing a disguise/mask’?
It is perplexing to think about what was seen that needed reporting. IMO, whatever was seen probably wasn't as significant as burying a weapon or removing a mask, though, because if it had been, we likely would have ended up with the YBG sketch right from the get go. Whatever was seen must have been easily explained away, or else the witness was discredited at that time. Hard to tell.

So from the below video (which has been posted a couple times already), Riley gives the impression that they think BG is local, or familiar with the area, because he must have known the "river." He must have known how deep it was, where to cross, where not to cross. IMO, knowing those things shows a lot more intimate knowledge of the "river" than just being local. That indicates someone associated more closely with the "river" through fishing, trapping, hunting, canoeing, kayaking, whatever. The fact that he crossed the creek at some point at all indicates a familiarity with being in the "river," as well, IMO. I think it's important in determining the type of person who did this.

The fact that he crossed the creek at some point at all indicates a familiarity with being in the "river said:
BIEoLSWXv2E[/MEDIA]

I agree with you. MHO is the perpetrator/s
  • Familiar with the lay of the land
  • Knows entrance and exit points
  • Knows of possible short cuts
  • Knows how to hide or where to hide in plain sight
Is therefore comfortable and familiar with.
  • With the trails/bridge
  • Outdoor life
  • Which could be
    • A working environment
    • A recreational environment
      • Inclusive of recreational sports
      • Historians
      • Hikers
      • Photographers
      • Nature Lovers
      • Meeting Place clandestine or not
      • Special interest groups
      • Geo caching or similar
      • Daily walk with or without dog
    • A route to or from work
Pardon the pun no offence meant I will eat my proverbial hat if the bridge and trail is not known intimately by the perpetrator/s .

MingyMoo

Edited for sub recreational purposes

Last edited:
Okay I’m on it, will look for msm, thanks for the heads up.

Welcome.

—-

ETA:

https://44news.wevv.com/sex-offender-tries-lure-girl/
June 26, 2019

“The girl later told her mother Williamson had come by multiple times over several weeks, watching her on her bike. The last incident worried the young girl’s mother.

“He came up to her and said ‘Hey do you like Pokémon Go?’ and he downloaded two apps on her phone. It’s just scary,” the mother added.”

Snip

“We did some digging on Brian Williamson, and discovered he has a history of preying on children dating back to 2008.

He was convicted of a sex act with a minor. In 2012 he was arrested for harassment and stalking. In 2016, he was arrested again for failing to register as a sex offender. In April, Tennessee police put a warrant out for his arrest for a similar charge.”

—More at link

Fwiw:

Distance Evansville, IN to Delphi:

3 h 56 min(247.8 mi)
via I-69

Not sure about Delphi, but is this guy a good POI for Lizzy and Lyric's case(on bikes)? I tend to doubt it since it would be rare to regress back from murder to lesser crimes.

On another topic:

As I recall, LE have not ruled out more than one killer either. This has crossed my mind as well, given the speed in which the crime was initiated and completed. If this is the case, did they leave together or split up? It may not be a likely scenario but nevertheless possible, and does complicate the investigation. It has been said that the distance between the cemetery and the CS is about two football fields and if you pull right up to RL's property and gate, there's a nice little spot to tuck a car into where it cannot be seen from the main road.

I still lean toward this being a targeted killing, with the killer familiar with the girls (or at least one of them), but they unaware of him or his interest in them.

Just some random thoughts darting through my fried brain in the wee hours of the morning :) And with that, I'll bid you all a good night!
Good thinking. Hmmm, you know, since the beginning I dismissed the idea of 2 perps, but with all the confusion/issues with the sketches, I wonder. It was a really fast crime, relatively speaking. At a minimum, I'm not as ready to close the door on this possibility as I once was.

Personally I still think these two young Ladies saw someone/s or something they shouldn't have done. They were in the wrong place at the wrong time and that quite simply they could have been murdered because they saw a person/s somewhere where they shouldn't be doing something they shouldn't be doing.I quite simply think they were witness knowingly or unknowingly to a different crime that didn't want witnesses. Now I really am back at square 1.

All in my
MingyMoo HO

Last edited:
Not sure about Delphi, but is this guy a good POI for Lizzy and Lyric's case(on bikes)? I tend to doubt it since it would be rare to regress back from murder to lesser crimes.
I personally haven't ruled out Lizzy and Lyric's case as being related. One thing is different. In Abigail and Liberty he appears to have left the bodies where he killed them or at least close to the killing site. With Lizzy and Lyric, I believe their bodies were found a few miles from the apparent abduction site - he either killed them near where he met them and transported their bodies or he abducted them and killed them at the remote spot where they were found. Also, with Lizzy and Lyric there is the problem with the cause of death as I believe the bodies were too badly decomposed for LE to determine how they were killed. That cause of death may have been a possible commonality between the two sets of murders. Both cases likely involve a killer with a local knowledge of the area where the bodies were left.

ETA: We’ve talked a lot about profiling aspects, etc. I think I’m finally ready to take a poooosssibbble leap to say that maaaybe one of his chosen and efficient MOs is to kill on-site. This doesn’t necessarily mean he is not one to abduct from a scene, but perhaps this a good and comfortable strategy that works for him. Moo.

SBM.

Would you think I am totally off if I post another idea that has not been discussed here?

The question is more to those who might know something about the religious aspect of this case. I am torn about the religiosity of the BG, I feel he is too emotionally shallow to be even that. However, he must present as a religious person, otherwise I can not explain Carter's hints, the shack, and mostly, that the girls are not in the way BG had left them. And this brought up a question of how they were left, and that, in turn, brought up another idea. Now, I don't know the exact circumstances the girls were found, I can only guess what has been already discussed here and probably is OK to mention as it is BG's MO - some form of posing. Done by a delusional man who is unafraid to end in hell for killing two teenagers, btw. Religious, afraid to end in jail, but unafraid of hell. This is something...

So I thought... can it be so that BG is trying to recreate some religious scene? After he killed them?

That could explain why the clearing (how these things are often painted in medieval paintings). In fact, he needs only one person for the scene. And I would surmise, the one that has long hair and looks more medieval-like. He does not need teenagers as such, but someone who'd resemble a very young lady.

I think he knew the girls, and they might have seen him. But still think that in a way, they were a random choice. I honestly don't believe he is known enough in Delphi for the girls to have his darkest secrets. At best, he is unnoticed. I think he probably was not scouting for them personally, but for someone, one person, who would do for his plan, looks-wise. (And that the second person was the hazard of his plan, sorry to say).

Did the photo play a certain role there? Maybe, or maybe not, it could have shifted his choice.

The fact that he was lurking there for several days, signifies, I think, that he was waiting for someone who would look like she'd fit his purpose.

Delphi and its environs are well-known. Hence he ended up here. Next time he'll go somewhere else that is, as @margarita25 has said, private enough, but naturesque and flat.

I don't know the details of the murder, but I wonder if Catholic medieval paintings have elements of what he has done.

Personally I still think these two young Ladies saw someone/s or something they shouldn't have done. They were in the wrong place at the wrong time and that quite simply they could have been murdered because they saw a person/s somewhere where they shouldn't be doing something they shouldn't be doing.I quite simply think they were witness knowingly or unknowingly to a different crime that didn't want witnesses. Now I really am back at square 1.

All in my
MingyMoo HO

If they saw something, then he'd kill and run. Why arrange things in a certain way before he left?

I personally haven't ruled out Lizzy and Lyric's case as being related. One thing is different. In Abigail and Liberty he appears to have left the bodies where he killed them or at least close to the killing site. With Lizzy and Lyric, I believe their bodies were found a few miles from the apparent abduction site - he either killed them near where he met them and transported their bodies or he abducted them and killed them at the remote spot where they were found. Also, with Lizzy and Lyric there is the problem with the cause of death as I believe the bodies were too badly decomposed for LE to determine how they were killed. That cause of death may have been a possible commonality between the two sets of murders. Both cases likely involve a killer with a local knowledge of the area where the bodies were left.
One thing we don't know about the Delphi case is what the original motive was. We don't know if he planned to take them the spot he did and kill them, or if there was an attempted abduction that went sour, or some other motive. JMO

If they saw something, then he'd kill and run. Why arrange things in a certain way before he left?
We don't know that he did arrange things in a certain way before he left. We don't know he was there for days ahead, either. We don't really know anything.

Carter's comments can easily be construed as religious, but as to the crime scene, COD, or the perpetrator having religious context, is anyone's guess. The problem with this case, and most of what's been stated by LE, is that almost all of it can be interpreted multiple ways. There's very little concrete, irrefutable facts to work with.

I thought about Lizzy and Lyric, but it just doesn't fit with the PC in April. Carter made clear that as a "result of NEW [bbm] information and intelligence over time" it lead them to believe the killer "is from Delphi, currently, or has previously lived here, visits Delphi on a regular basis or works here." This would eliminate some random perp from out of state. I imagine it scared the cr@p out of the locals, to realize HE is amongst them "hiding in plain sight." Carter also asked that the media give the family time as they only learned of these things that very morning. Likely, a great shock.

I don't know if LE knows who the killer is. Maybe they know but can't prove it yet. If only WE knew what that NEW information was. Where would we be with our sleuthing? Would our secret POI stand up to this "new" information? I also realized they only want to know WHO the driver of the vehicle parked at the CPS building was, not identify the vehicle. Did the witness see the driver do something "odd/suspicious" that she felt needed reporting? Did the new information support what she saw hence the sketch made only 3 days post murder became THE most important sketch? I sincerely hope they have some solid leads and they are just crossing their t's and dotting their i's. These girls deserve justice, and the good people of Delphi deserve not to live in fear of BG. JMO

I agree LE has given us this new information, but I question it’s accuracy, jmo. Obviously LE knows more than I do, lol. Something has just never felt right to me about that PC. I’m not willing to rule out a random perp from out of state who has previous ties to the community nor do I think the guy is young. Again, but what do I know, nothing. LE is the one with access to all information. We have seen LE make mistakes before, though. This business with sketch1 and sketch2...the huge age variances, 18 to 40...this supposed truck mentioned two years later (who the heck is going to remember that?). As for Lyric and Lizzie, there is of course the strong chance that there is absolutely no relation to the case at hand.

I just wondered...probably $ 500 masks were out of his league, but he must have has something on. Is he a comic-con fan? Is it possible that he saw Abby and Libby at a local comic-con? They come across as girls who could see it as “cool”. Is it where he is looking for victims?
There's a basic under $30 mask on Amazon with a beard and mustache. If there was a mask involved then the scarf would make more sense. No young person would spend hundreds of dollars on a mask.

Have only posted a couple times and messed up above.

My apologies if this type of post is not allowed. Again, not used to posting.

Here is my original comment...
There was also a Flora business owner arrested last wk for 2 counts of sexual acts on a child under 14 and 1 count of sexual acts on a person under 21. Someone with the same last name (different first name) owns land by High Bridge.
I sent a request yesterday to @Tricia asking if we could discuss this on here but havent had a response yet. I provided the charge details from Mycase so we should wait for her response IMO.

There's a basic under $30 mask on Amazon with a beard and mustache. If there was a mask involved then the scarf would make more sense. No young person would spend hundreds of dollars on a mask.

I saw a movie where two young men were making own silicone masks for Comic-con. So potentially, one can make a mask.

But this is why I thought of the Comic-con - if the person is a loner, often Comic-cons are the outlets for such people. And the parents might invest into a basic mask once, or help invest. This is why I thought the person was once, probably, a Comic-con attendee. (Or liked cosplay, or partook in it at a certain point). And also, was probably involved in a local theater, or got some training on how to change clothes/look in a fast fashion.
One basic mask of a young man that I have posted would work for many attacks, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahartley1978