Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #111

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My experience here in Indiana is that the religious angle is not at all unusual. I love that about my state. People here feel comfortable with this. God fearing and all that. I respect all religions, not just Christianity. These two girls were more than likely of the Christian faith and it was appropriate in MHO.

A lot of debate about the religious aspects.

Is it possible that Carter himself is religious and that’s why he inserts so many religious references in his speeches/interviews/etc. That’s just him? Total speculation I don’t know if Carter is a religious man or not.

I think The Shack reference really was because he had just watched the movie.

I don’t think LE is inserting hidden messages to BG. Just my opinion.

Carter definitely is religious. Just Google him and read about his career and you will see evidence of this.

His press conference speech always has religious undertones to me, even prior to the April one...even ones given about other cases. I was raised in a fundamentalist, evangelical household so maybe I am more sensitive to the cadences of that type of speech, having heard it so often.

Having said that, the April press conference seemed "scripted" to me in a way that the others did not. So I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

"let it rock, let it roll
let the bible belt come and save my soul"

John Mellenkamp lyrics, he is from small town Seymour, IN

I'm not originally from Indiana and let me tell you, the "bible belt" is an experience when you are new to it. I've lived here for a long time now, but when I first moved here I would always think of this song when the churchy things would happen. There is one road near my home that has 7 churches in a row. Seven. It's not a main road either. It is very religious here. It would not surprise me at all if Carter was just expressing his own religious feelings and/or playing it up for small town Indiana.

all moo and btw the song is jack and diane :)

Well, I hope any religious references would be in pursuit of the killer

I'd find it highly inappropriate otherwise - so, I hope LE wasn't going on some personal religious tangent

I'd like to think they said: you want to know what we know: well Buddy: we know about YOU

This is a predominately christian country - but, if he'd gone on about Buddha, Shiva, Allah, Joe Smith, etc what-have-you, well: it wouldn't be right... & it isn't right. So: personally I hope not

I will take those references to be consciously aimed at the killer. Otherwise, those references would be unprofessional

JMO
Indiana police most definitely post
things relating to their religion and faith on the official websites. MOO Carter isn't outside their normal bounds.

eh, I'm not 'god-fearing' as much as people-fearing ;)

& I'm dismayed to hear this insider information @ how Delphi Indiana LE 'rock & roll'

My 'faith' in this particular LE has gone down a few notches

JMO

eh, I'm not 'god-fearing' as much as people-fearing ;)

& I'm dismayed to hear this insider information @ how Delphi Indiana LE 'rock & roll'

My 'faith' in this particular LE has gone down a few notches

JMO

Technically, if it does not prevent him from doing his job well, who really cares? From what I have read, he is not a coward and has some principles. And I do feel that he is genuinely sympathetic towards the two slain girls.

I am more concerned about Carter's interview in 2017 or 2018, I think, when he said, nonchalantly, "oh, we have DNA", and today, we are still doubtful. But again, we know nothing.

MOO Clever, young, weird and of the middle/ upper social strata for the area. Clothes make him appear to be a perfect midwestern nobody. Felt jilted, sought equilibrium in killing innocents. Meaning it is about power and control, not simply sexual and violent overpowering of the girls and getting rid of witnesses, but the power over them AND the power to destroy lives of others that loved them.
The photos on the bridge was unexpected, MOO he pats himself on the back every day for having the foresight to wear a get up.

BBM. Only those who loved them? Or the lives of the ones who loved HIM, too? Could he have so much angst and hatred towards the world that he wants to punish the people who love him as well? Because once he is caught, and I have to believe he will be, their lives will be destroyed as well.

I’d been wondering if it was just Carter expressing his own thoughts & now I believe that’s the case. All of us from big cities and less religious communities were googling The Shack and thinking it was some secret code. His way of speaking probably resonates well with those in his community & that’s who he was trying to appeal to.

"let it rock, let it roll
let the bible belt come and save my soul"

John Mellenkamp lyrics, he is from small town Seymour, IN

I'm not originally from Indiana and let me tell you, the "bible belt" is an experience when you are new to it. I've lived here for a long time now, but when I first moved here I would always think of this song when the churchy things would happen. There is one road near my home that has 7 churches in a row. Seven. It's not a main road either. It is very religious here. It would not surprise me at all if Carter was just expressing his own religious feelings and/or playing it up for small town Indiana.

all moo and btw the song is jack and diane :)
Churchy things, I'm stealing that too, lol!

I still think his reference to The Shack was interesting. My first thought was that he was making reference to a clue that the killer (in the book) left on the body of his victims.
That book ruined my dream of ever getting a tattoo, because I wanted a little lady bug on my ankle!
Personally, I think Mr. Carter was reflecting on his faith and how that movie showed the parents anguish over losing their little girl to a SK. I do not think he was sending clues.

What can anybody actually do now to solve this case? Thousands of tips later we still have nothing. They have put up billboards across America and we stand here today still with nothing.

I believe the biggest reason why is because people like this live a risky lifestyle and eventually wind up dead or in prison.

My experience here in Indiana is that the religious angle is not at all unusual. I love that about my state. People here feel comfortable with this. God fearing and all that. I respect all religions, not just Christianity. These two girls were more than likely of the Christian faith and it was appropriate in MHO.

Yes, Libby apparently active in her
church, had a banner on one of her SM accounts advertising an event in 2015 with youth pastor (UMC) Clayton Jennings. He turned out to be a sexual predator. Texting nudes of himself to teen parishioners among other things. He was coming to the local church and she was excited about it.

BBM. Only those who loved them? Or the lives of the ones who loved HIM, too? Could he have so much angst and hatred towards the world that he wants to punish the people who love him as well? Because once he is caught, and I have to believe he will be, their lives will be destroyed as well.

You are right. Terrible.

Carter definitely is religious. Just Google him and read about his career and you will see evidence of this.

His press conference speech always has religious undertones to me, even prior to the April one...even ones given about other cases. I was raised in a fundamentalist, evangelical household so maybe I am more sensitive to the cadences of that type of speech, having heard it so often.

Having said that, the April press conference seemed "scripted" to me in a way that the others did not. So I'm not quite sure what to make of it.
IMO, he has the resume for the job. The experience. Not a doubt in my mind that his religiosity helped him get the appointment. Nothing wrong with that in the case of a candidate with his qualifications.

I’m finding this discussion interesting, whether Carter’s religious notes were specifically directed at/to the killer or were just his own/for the community, etc. I think they seemed personalized toward the killer, so much in fact prompting us to wonder if something was left at the scene, if there was a church connection, if he had initiated contact with LE, etc. Out of all the things he could’ve said he decides to bring up a book...

Again that whole PC is just weird, moo. We often hear a few religious references here and there in PCs but this was possibly something else, it feels like, jmo.

Yeah I really don’t know about anything... but I do think that PC seemed very scripted and targeted for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Yes, Libby apparently active in her
church, had a banner on one of her SM accounts advertising an event in 2015 with youth pastor (UMC) Clayton Jennings. He turned out to be a sexual predator. Texting nudes of himself to teen parishioners among other things. He was coming to the local church and she was excited about it.

You are right. Terrible.
Youth Pastor Alexander Roesly also solicited young girls, got caught and now appears to be in Michigan with his Pastor father. I wonder how when this kind of thing happens how churches can just sweep it under the rug.

Youth Pastor Alexander Roesly also solicited young girls, got caught and now appears to be in Michigan with his Pastor father. I wonder how when this kind of thing happens how churches can just sweep it under the rug.
It was quite widespread and easy for the Catholic Church to do a lot of sweeping. Why should any other denomination be different? I'm not being condemning just frank.

Delphi reviews financial standing, appoints interim superintendent
“Had that happened in these circumstances in May or June, I don’t think we would be here tonight,” Otis said. “I don’t think anyone would have batted an eye on that kind of borrowing. When the board found out it needed an emergency loan in order to cover cash flow until the next tax draw, the board wanted to find out why that happened, so that’s what brought on placing the superintendent on paid administrative leave.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist