Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #111

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
first time writing here, usually just an observer, but I found this too interesting to not mention — not sure if it's already been talked about (super long threads, busy with nursing school... not a great combo for me!) but here goes.

a case in Alaska took place a few months ago on June 2nd, 2019. a girl named Cynthia Hoffman was killed by a group of peers who were allegedly blackmailed by a man claiming to be a millionaire online... there's more on the case if you look up her name. it's really, really horrible, but my point is the man who has been identified as Darin Schilmiller (prev. Darin Thomas — he was fostered) was apparently active online catfishing for child *advertiser censored* and rape *advertiser censored*. he is from New Salisbury, Indiana, and has a reputation for being quiet and flying under the radar, certainly not cunning or charming and able to hide, and having some problems with sexual harassment and child *advertiser censored* even in high school. he is described as "slow" and struggling in school. long story short, he has contacted a lot of women and girls asking for child *advertiser censored* in the past, using a fake name. I don't think someone like this has gone 21 years of their life with a majority of them spent aware of his disturbing fetishes, and had this be their first offense. I just don't buy it. he is dangerous and I don't think he had any interest in suppressing his desires ever, not even in high school, and I don't think the murder of Miss Hoffman was the first crime he ever succeeded in. to know he prefers orchestrating and directing rather than doing, as he said, how would he have learned that about himself?

I remember thinking when I first saw him and heard he was from Indiana that he looked similar to Abby & Libby's 2 suspect composite sketches; especially in the hairline, his size, jawline, and a little bit in the nose. he seems to prefer voyeurism but I think it's likely he's committed crimes before getting involved with orchestrated this one. my profile for him would be that he seems unsuspecting, soft-spoken (in an odd way), not necessarily violent. the Delphi POI was super casual in the video clip and in the way he spoke, and he didn't strike me as someone incredibly seasoned or intelligent. in my opinion, saying "guys... down the hill" sounded sudden, like he might've been scrambling to decide where he was going to move them + to what location, meaning he was going to take time and didn't want to risk being seen by other hikers. we don't know if the girls were assaulted, but I'm willing to bet they were, and law enforcement just wanted to maintain their privacy as minors + didn't feel it a crucial detail in identifying this killer and their potential MO. based on Cynthia's case and the other incidents surrounding it, I think Abby & Libby fit the profile of Darin's "targets" for assault and possibly homicide and it's always been my feeling the Delphi girls didn't just run off because the killer said he would let them go unharmed if they did what he said (possibly and likely, sexual assault and rape), probably saying if either runs the other will die. clearly, he was not being truthful and likely never intended to let the girls go once he remembered/realized they could easily report him.

I'm not full-proof on this in any way, I just started speculating on it tonight after stumbling upon some recent cases and remembering the new sketch + additional audio/visual evidence that was released in Abby & Libby's case... just thought I'd throw it out there. anything is possible when it comes to people who attack children... either way, very disturbing men. but, more importantly, 3 very beautiful girls who will be remembered forever by all of us and live on in memory! I pray Abby & Libby get justice very soon, and the 2019 updates give me hope for them to be able to rest peacefully someday. thanks for reading everyone ~

My current thoughts are that the girls may have been killed because they had some knowledge of a child sexual predator hiding in plain sight and he was worried about exposure. There seems to be cases in the last couple of years that have been prosecuted and that is the only common motive for murder that I can make any sense of ATM. It is also a possible motive in the Flora fires.
JMO

The Jayme Closs case made me realize just how random an act of violence can be

No one thought it was random, generally - certainly no one thought it was to the extent it was Utterly determined in a random fashion, then carried out.

So, our perp here:
if planned:
1) has been in that area for however long, perhaps years, planning a murder, but the targets are unknown
2) perp knows these targets, has a desire to murder these particular targets

unplanned:
1) perhaps a long standing desire to kill but no particular plan to do so, zero knowledge of Abby or Libby, does what he does, spur of the moment

Oddly: it seems, sometimes, very astute perps get away with it....more often: it seems those who did things on the sly, unplanned, etc, get away more often (so many cold cases)

My thing here: if unplanned: why go after two girls...again: maybe because it's just how he rolled at the moment.......risky, but all of it was risky

Or heck: if 'planned' without either of them specific targets: why the both of them..? Again: risky

JMO

As I was reading your interesting post, I suddenly thought, everything looks risky in this endeavor. Unless the guy lives in the vicinity of Delphi but is relocating very soon. Then these girls could be his last chance, he won't live here any longer, and he gets who he gets.

I assume the LE have checked everyone who suddenly relocated soon after the crime, though, so my idea is probably wrong; on the other hand, with workers at the plant, checking relocations might be difficult. Still, someone moving to another plant or changing jobs in a few days after the murder, a scheduled, planned, move, could potentially be of interest.

Interesting observation about the unplanned murderers getting away with it more often. Is it because they don't use logic in the crime?

One more is the bone chilling statement of "could be in this room". That was said deliberately and targeted at someone. Who I don't know but someone involved in community and events, someone who it would be expected that they'd turn out for a PC about those two girl's murders. It would be expected somehow that they'd care enough to be there in the room. AJMO
Maybe, "caring enough" would mean something like this theory:
IF the suspect, LE/FBI had in mind while drafting Carter's speech, is a very well known person, they may have invited him to attend the PC. They may have put restrictions onto media with an order, not to name him/not to take a pic/video of him "because of possible distraction from the murder case" (a tricky, but plausible excuse). In reality, LE/FBI had the person sitting in the room (the person forced to be there, his absence would have otherwise sent a sign of possible guilt). Carter transported his cryptic message (shack/conscience/etc.) directly to the person, of course without looking especially at him. LE could observe the person's behavior during the whole PC incl. preliminary and post processing.
We (the public) have no idea of the person being there. The Delphians, who attended the PC, got told not to mention the well known person, reason: "distraction from case".
Idk, if this scenario would be possible at all?

Pure speculation and I'm sure we have discussed this before but of everything Carter said in the last press conference the one thing that really sticks with me was when he said "you want to know what we know...." my first impression of that statement and the impression I still hold today is that BG has in some way made communication with LE, similar to the Zodiac.

Something had to have set off that press conference. Why, when they just had the anniversary press conference in February would they come out in April with all this new direction business. Did LE have the press conference in order to communicate back to him. We've all discussed the various things Carter said in that press conference that appear to be directed at the killer, The Shack, his conscience, their not the way you left them and so on....

I really had the feeling that BG had made contact with LE, taunting them.
Or they interviewed him and during the interview he asked more questions than they did. Then when they tried to reinterview him - poof he was gone. MOO

A shower thought I had, yes LE has his voice which begs the question about whether or not they have the voices of one or both of the girls. Libby had the guts to video this guy. Would she only video him and record what he said without saying anything back? Did she have the foresight to say things knowing her phone is still recording? I don’t see these girls going along with this perp’s demands while silent? Perhaps they offered more info that LE is keeping tight lipped on. I apologize if this has been discussed. I jump on this board every day or so but don’t have a lot of time to review all posts.

It also occurred to me that I read “creepy guy” somewhere by someone as in the girls reference to BG. Can anyone elaborate or eliminate that from my thoughts? I do not have a reference but will look.

MOO

A shower thought I had, yes LE has his voice which begs the question about whether or not they have the voices of one or both of the girls. Libby had the guts to video this guy. Would she only video him and record what he said without saying anything back? Did she have the foresight to say things knowing her phone is still recording? I don’t see these girls going along with this perp’s demands while silent? Perhaps they offered more info that LE is keeping tight lipped on. I apologize if this has been discussed. I jump on this board every day or so but don’t have a lot of time to review all posts.

It also occurred to me that I read “creepy guy” somewhere by someone as in the girls reference to BG. Can anyone elaborate or eliminate that from my thoughts? I do not have a reference but will look.

MOO
This was mentioned by Gray Hughes in one of his youtubes when discussing what the girls talked about. Link to his channel is in post 1 on every thread.

Or they interviewed him and during the interview he asked more questions than they did. Then when they tried to reinterview him - poof he was gone. MOO

MOO, MOO, MOO: I believe someone gave the perp a false alibi in the beginning. LE knows now the alibi was false and they need someone (a very specific person whom LE is aware of) to come forward to help disprove it. Comments at the PC were addressed to that person.

MOO, MOO, MOO: I believe someone gave the perp a false alibi in the beginning. LE knows now the alibi was false and they need someone (a very specific person whom LE is aware of) to come forward to help disprove it. Comments at the PC were addressed to that person.
I agree. Was it the dark haired gentleman standing in the back against the wall? Or do you not know who the person was being addressed?

IMO, he has the resume for the job. The experience. Not a doubt in my mind that his religiosity helped him get the appointment. Nothing wrong with that in the case of a candidate with his qualifications.

I didn't mean he wasn't qualified. Just that religion and how it is or should be handled in the work environment has come up in his career and he definitely came down on the side of the evangelicals. And then as I mentioned, from listening to speeches he has made or press conferences in unrelated cases, you can hear faith in God coming through.

IF the suspect, LE/FBI had in mind while drafting Carter's speech, is a very well known person, they may have invited him to attend the PC. They may have put restrictions onto media with an order, not to name him/not to take a pic/video of him "because of possible distraction from the murder case" (a tricky, but plausible excuse). In reality, LE/FBI had the person sitting in the room (the person forced to be there, his absence would have otherwise sent a sign of possible guilt). Carter transported his cryptic message (shack/conscience/etc.) directly to the person, of course without looking especially at him. LE could observe the person's behavior during the whole PC incl. preliminary and post processing.
We (the public) have no idea of the person being there. The Delphians, who attended the PC, got told not to mention the well known person, reason: "distraction from case".
I can't see LE or FBI bringing that many people into confidence because if they did, IMO that confidence would certainly be broken by now. Especially letting the media know anything sensitive like you have narrowed down to a particular suspect, that would leak eventually. Just think, local reporter has a friend who has a wife, children, sister that may interact with this person...and so on, and so on.

Or someone very close to the girls who would normally be expected to show up (at the PC) and his absence would be striking?

If LE was able to secretly connect the Flora fire and the Delphi murders than that would validate that the killer IS from the area.
I really don't think the Flora fire is connected to the Delphi murders. During the most recent Flora PC, ISP Carter pretty much stated the family is being very uncooperative with the investigation. LE even travelled to CA unsuccessfully. It sounded like investigation was contained to immeadiates. That's the feeling I got.

I really don't think the Flora fire is connected to the Delphi murders. During the most recent Flora PC, ISP Carter pretty much stated the family is being very uncooperative with the investigation. LE even travelled to CA unsuccessfully. It sounded like investigation was contained to immeadiates. That's the feeling I got.
I recommend anyone interested read the case details on My case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist