Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #111

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't mean he wasn't qualified. Just that religion and how it is or should be handled in the work environment has come up in his career and he definitely came down on the side of the evangelicals. And then as I mentioned, from listening to speeches he has made or press conferences in unrelated cases, you can hear faith in God coming through.

This is where Matthew 22:21 "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's; and to God the things that are God's," comes to mind.

The God will be the final judge of this drama, and from my (not even too religious) view, the killer has secured himself a certain place after life, don't know what circle. But on this earth, the PD also represents Caesar's law, and from the latter's standpoint, the murderer of two teenage girls (one of whom was the youngest, and the other, the only daughter to her family), is walking unapprehended.

Have the Delphi PC's always been on Mondays can anyone remember?
These are some of the dates where significant news in this case was released but there doesn't seem to be any pattern of Mondays.

Wednesday Feb 15, 2017 (photos of Killer released)
Wednesday Feb 22, 2017 (News conference 'down the hill' audio released, public advised that Libby recorded the audio and video, reward at $41K)
Wednesday March 1, 2017 (reward upped to $ 200K)
Thursday March 9, 2017 (News conference where Mike Patty spoke for the 1st time, reward upped to $ 224K and 11,000 tips rec'd)
Monday July 17, 2017 (1st sketch released)
Tuesday Feb 13, 2018 (1st anniversary press conference)
Wednesday Feb 13, 2019 (2nd anniversary press conference - no sketch shown)
Monday April 22, 2019 (2nd sketch released, 'guys, down the hill' audio released)

Please feel free to add or correct. This is just a running list I have going.

These are some of the dates where significant news in this case was released but there doesn't seem to be any pattern of Mondays.

Wednesday Feb 15, 2017 (photos of Killer released)
Wednesday Feb 22, 2017 (News conference 'down the hill' audio released, public advised that Libby recorded the audio and video, reward at $41K)
Wednesday March 1, 2017 (reward upped to $ 200K)
Thursday March 9, 2017 (News conference where Mike Patty spoke for the 1st time, reward upped to $ 224K and 11,000 tips rec'd)
Monday July 17, 2017 (1st sketch released)
Tuesday Feb 13, 2018 (1st anniversary press conference)
Wednesday Feb 13, 2019 (2nd anniversary press conference - no sketch shown)
Monday April 22, 2019 (2nd sketch released, 'guys, down the hill' audio released)

Please feel free to add or correct. This is just a running list I have going.
Thanks very much for that. Interesting that the sketches were both released on Mondays. The anniversary PC's would obviously be on the 13th Feb. Perp is not at work on Mondays IMO.

Thanks very much for that. Interesting that the sketches were both released on Mondays. The anniversary PC's would obviously be on the 13th Feb. Perp is not at work on Mondays IMO.

But the perp could check the PC later. It is big news in Delphi. Do you imply that they expect him to come to the PC? Has he attended al PCs?

I'd expect him to avoid them.

Also - if they have an idea who he is, they don't need to adjust their schedule to accommodate his. If they hope they know, and think he does not work on Mondays, then they may hope he'll stop by.

Only I don't believe that he does it (attends PCs or taunts them). He is probably anxious and checks all their pressers, follows Twitter, whatever, but I don't think he comes to the PCs. He is really very scared, and - MOO only - he is scared that one day, LE would point at him and say, "here's the man", and he'd be torn into pieces by the crowd. So he avoids the PCs and avoids the PD and probably is in self-imposed solitude. MOO again.

I personally think that he is a very weak person who does not have own personality and like the moon, shines with reflected light. I do have the feeling that he, at least superficially, is a believer, and understands the gravity of the sin. He is not Chris Watts who needed to spend some time in jail to even get "the gravity of what he has done". This one understands, but what prevents him from confiding is the fear of the prison (he is not a social person so predictably, he is very much afraid) and... well, he still enjoys life; maybe he also wants to protect his beloved ones.

But I do think that if he were not so scared, he'd already confide. And I am repeating myself - I would recommend not "the Shack", but Dostoevsky's "Crime and Punishment", and "The Resurrection" by Tolstoy. Criminals can also grow morally and change, and with this change comes the hope of forgiveness. But they can't absolve own sins.

JP, who admitted own fault, to spare JC to go through the trial, ultimately, did a much more courageous thing than Scott P or Chris W. He is a criminal - but he confessed. I feel sorry for him because I read of the incessant bullying he underwent in school, and I think his crime is related to bullying.

I am getting off on a tangent.

Don't religious workers/clergy customarily take Mondays off? I think this was so in the town I grew up in. Is this common practice still, does anyone know? The above post got me thinking. I hadn't thought about the crime and PC both being on Mondays, with the PC the Monday immediately after Easter.
Many restaurants also close Mondays

I just want to reiterate that in Jessica Ridgeway’s case, the perp left a cross with her body. The police released the image of the cross and it was recognized.

I just wonder if there’s something like that here going on. I would think, though, that if there was any item left behind which someone would recognize, LE would release the photo.

I remember when Carter made the comment that there is a twist. When the murderer is caught an Police can share everything we all would understand. Until that day everything is hush hush.
I think about that word daily... Twist. Ugh.
I'm curious about the "twist"! - What maybe the reason, that LE early on knew, there was a TWIST, but nevertheless investigated things with a wrong strategy and a wrong suspect (face)?

I remember when Carter made the comment that there is a twist. When the murderer is caught an Police can share everything we all would understand. Until that day everything is hush hush.
Could the Twist be BG wearing the clothing (and hat? and scarf?) and the footwear of a landowner near the bridge while land owner was away? To disguise and cast off false DNA?

Yes, and if that is the case then there should be little trampling of the crime scene in my opinion. They notified law enforcement and secured the scene at that point. Unless someone else heard something different.

IIRC the searcher was zooming in on a deer and saw the disturbed ground of footsteps. Went to investigate.

I think it was Kim Riley, was it not? (Who used this term). Or do they all use it now?

Usually if there is the twist in the novel plot, I would interpret it in a straightforward way, that the murderer is also a victim, or the detective's client is a liar and involved, something like it. But the way the IN LE speak, it is hard to tell what they mean.

I can't see LE or FBI bringing that many people into confidence because if they did, IMO that confidence would certainly be broken by now. Especially letting the media know anything sensitive like you have narrowed down to a particular suspect, that would leak eventually. Just think, local reporter has a friend who has a wife, children, sister that may interact with this person...and so on, and so on.
I imagine, LE told media, one person would be "too prominent" and mention of him would cause unwanted deflection.
I remember, there was a closed meeting for Delphians early on in the case, without media. How did authorities achieve, that Delphians treated the info, they got, secretly? Or didn't the citizens keep the secrets? Idk.

Mom of girls killed in Flora fire says she has never believed it was arson

This is a pretty good article talking about and comparing both cases - the Delphi murders and the Flora arson.
The Flora family and friends need to cooperate with the investigation. This is the press conference where the reporter asks ISP Carter about the Delphi investigation. Scroll down to bottom of page for video of the PC. At 19:08 is the Delphi question, the rest is about Flora investigation.

ISP on family of 4 girls killed in 2016 Flora house fire: ‘They’ve not offered themselves to sit down with us’

I imagine, LE told media, one person would be "too prominent" and mention of him would cause unwanted deflection.
I remember, there was a closed meeting for Delphians early on in the case, without media. How did authorities achieve, that Delphians treated the info, they got, secretly? Or didn't the citizens keep the secrets? Idk.
The ISP held a closed meeting with just any Delphians who wanted to come? Or was it just family?

The Flora family and friends need to cooperate with the investigation. This is the press conference where the reporter asks ISP Carter about the Delphi investigation. Scroll down to bottom of page for video of the PC. At 19:08 is the Delphi question, the rest is about Flora investigation.

ISP on family of 4 girls killed in 2016 Flora house fire: ‘They’ve not offered themselves to sit down with us’
I'm afraid that link is not a available to the EU. However I don't want to derail the thread with a different case so don't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist