Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #120

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question,

when ISP Superintendent DC talks about the killer in the HLN podcast, in the first part Chapter 1 "A walk on the Bridge", and how he - the perp, not DC - would stare at the Nature Reserve Sign ..even on his first day etc... why would a local familiar (?) with the park even stare at the sign?? And why "stare"? What an odd word to use IMO. Even to point out by DC, that the perp stood right there in front of the signage and stared at it..Could that mean a witness saw BG staring at the sign?

Also, in the podcast DC is reminiscent of how the girls were dropped off and made a left turn towards the bridge. DC sighs if they had only turned right (towards the trail head) and not left...What does that mean?? They would be still alive, if they had not turned left? Why? Would anyone else had been killed that day, who had turned left instead or had gone to the bridge? Were there not folks - other students, hikers, witnesses- out there before the girls showed up? And yet the girls were murdered and nobody else.

Every time I listen to what DC has to say, I have to wear my "odd hat"...anyone else?

ALL IMO

-Nin

I wonder if the investigators used any trace metal detector's in their search for additional evidence once the bodies of Abby and Libby were found? Obviously we won't know until the case is solved since police are withholding who knows how much evidence. I am curious though how often investigators in these type of cases do rely on trace metal detectors though

I would like to think the perpetrator was absolutely shocked when investigators released video and audio footage. Not saying he was nervous or frightened. Can't speculate on someone else's subjective thoughts. If he is an actual psychopath, then as we all know by now psychopaths usually have no guilt or remorse and tend to be self-centered narcissistic. Also the DSM-5 doesn't list psychopathy as an actual mental disorder. Anti social personality is usually associated with it.

Question,

when ISP Superintendent DC talks about the killer in the HLN podcast, in the first part Chapter 1 "A walk on the Bridge", and how he - the perp, not DC - would stare at the Nature Reserve Sign ..even on his first day etc... why would a local familiar (?) with the park even stare at the sign?? And why "stare"? What an odd word to use IMO. Even to point out by DC, that the perp stood right there in front of the signage and stared at it..Could that mean a witness saw BG staring at the sign?

Also, in the podcast DC is reminiscent of how the girls were dropped off and made a left turn towards the bridge. DC sighs if they had only turned right (towards the trail head) and not left...What does that mean?? They would be still alive, if they had not turned left? Why? Would anyone else had been killed that day, who had turned left instead or had gone to the bridge? Were there not folks - other students, hikers, witnesses- out there before the girls showed up? And yet the girls were murdered and nobody else.

Every time I listen to what DC has to say, I have to wear my "odd hat"...anyone else?

ALL IMO

-Nin

Just to reiterate, this has nothing to do with DC - no reason to and absolutely off limits sleuthing wise - , I am only wondering what he is trying to say.

-Nin

Question,

-Nin
Good question, imo. Could it be because of the name on it?

Just to reiterate, this has nothing to do with DC - no reason to and absolutely off limits sleuthing wise - , I am only wondering what he is trying to say.

-Nin
I am new to sleuthing this case but I do NOT think DC communicates well. This could be bcuz he needs to be careful with words to not give their closely guarded facts away. Having said that, wishing they made a right turn instead of left on towards the bridge seems normal to state. As if the girls were in the wrong place at just the right time to meet BG. Lastly, BG staring at the sign, perhaps it brought memories back to BG, if he was seen looking intently at it, whether a local or not. IMO

Question,

ALL IMO

-Nin
Sometimes I have no clue as to where his head is at. Like stating the killer's actual face may be "somewhere between the two sketches". Then I have to pause and think the killer is listening to these interviews, too. And the killer would like to know what DC knows. He is probably more baffled than we are.

In addition to listening to the interviews I sometimes believe that some of the killers are following the threads on here as a guest and not a member. If BG is on here I hope that has really messed with his head.

Lets just say I saw a mug shot of a fella somewhere and my first response was "******* hell, that's him" :eek:. Lets just wait and see if the police agree (praying this is it for the families).

Exactly. I usually don’t jump on the wagon of these mugshot similarities but his family apparently recognized the voice and the walk as well.

Question,

ALL IMO

-Nin
I thought exactly the same about the sign and the turn left comment. I don't believe BG would look at the sign 'cos he knows the trails and the area. Unless he was looking at it so someone else would not see his face. Also the turn left is strange too. They were going to the bridge to take photos so where would turning left take them? BG could still have followed them. Better to say I wish they had never gone that day at all. But then it could have just been some other victims. MOO.

Seems quite a distance from Delphi.

jmo
It is another person in jail to keep an eye on.
Can someone explain, when a perp is arrested for a felony in Indiana, I know DNA is taken but when is it available to check against other crimes? Is it immediately or does it have to wait for the conviction, which could take years in some cases? I am asking because of people in jail that I am following who are still awaiting trials.

Could you explain the trace metal detection and why you think it is important? I've never heard of it before.
I wonder if the investigators used any trace metal detector's in their search for additional evidence once the bodies of Abby and Libby were found? Obviously we won't know until the case is solved since police are withholding who knows how much evidence. I am curious though how often investigators in these type of cases do rely on trace metal detectors though

I would like to think the perpetrator was absolutely shocked when investigators released video and audio footage. Not saying he was nervous or frightened. Can't speculate on someone else's subjective thoughts. If he is an actual psychopath, then as we all know by now psychopaths usually have no guilt or remorse and tend to be self-centered narcissistic. Also the DSM-5 doesn't list psychopathy as an actual mental disorder. Anti social personality is usually associated with it.

I thought exactly the same about the sign and the turn left comment. I don't believe BG would look at the sign 'cos he knows the trails and the area. Unless he was looking at it so someone else would not see his face. Also the turn left is strange too. They were going to the bridge to take photos so where would turning left take them? BG could still have followed them. Better to say I wish they had never gone that day at all. But then it could have just been some other victims. MOO.
I wonder if there is emphasis on the trail sign because they found DNA or some other sort of evidence at the sign? Or maybe the girls took a photo of him at the sign? Or he talked about the sign as they recorded him?

I keep thinking, "What's the big deal about the sign?" but they wouldn't mention it unless it meant SOMETHING to the case. But what?

jmo

I wonder if there is emphasis on the trail sign because they found DNA or some other sort of evidence at the sign? Or maybe the girls took a photo of him at the sign? Or he talked about the sign as they recorded him?

I keep thinking, "What's the big deal about the sign?" but they wouldn't mention it unless it meant SOMETHING to the case. But what?

jmo
They did have crime scene tape there so maybe you're right. Perhaps he had a pee, but no DNA in urine. Perhaps a cig butt let's hope.

jmo

I think it was just Carter being his usual overly dramatic self. I think he was just waxing poetic about how things could have been different if just one small thing....a decision, a delay, etc...would have kept them from being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

They did have crime scene tape there so maybe you're right. Perhaps he had a pee, but no DNA in urine. Perhaps a cig butt let's hope.
Do you have a picture you can share with crime scene tape near the Nature Reserve sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29