Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #120

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question,

when ISP Superintendent DC talks about the killer in the HLN podcast, in the first part Chapter 1 "A walk on the Bridge", and how he - the perp, not DC - would stare at the Nature Reserve Sign ..even on his first day etc... why would a local familiar (?) with the park even stare at the sign?? And why "stare"? What an odd word to use IMO. Even to point out by DC, that the perp stood right there in front of the signage and stared at it..Could that mean a witness saw BG staring at the sign?

Also, in the podcast DC is reminiscent of how the girls were dropped off and made a left turn towards the bridge. DC sighs if they had only turned right (towards the trail head) and not left...What does that mean?? They would be still alive, if they had not turned left? Why? Would anyone else had been killed that day, who had turned left instead or had gone to the bridge? Were there not folks - other students, hikers, witnesses- out there before the girls showed up? And yet the girls were murdered and nobody else.

Every time I listen to what DC has to say, I have to wear my "odd hat"...anyone else?

ALL IMO

-Nin
My take... wrong place wrong time re the girls. If they'd turned right, they might not have been good targets. So sad. As for the sign, bench, etc at the trail head, I agree... that was odd and made me wonder what happened at the trialhead 1) to make him say that, and 2) to say that the "crime scene" included the trail head.

I don't think that is the sign Carter is talking about in the podcast. The reporter asks about the memorial at the Nature Reserve sign and Carter talks about going left or right. I think it may be this sign, the 501 trail. What do you think. I'd like to know who made the signs and/or installed them. Notice the Monon High Bridge section of the sign is gone I assume since the bridge is closed for repair.
Taking Back the Trail
2 years later, no arrest yet in Delphi killings

My take... wrong place wrong time re the girls. If they'd turned right, they might not have been good targets. So sad. As for the sign, bench, etc at the trail head, I agree... that was odd and made me wonder what happened at the trialhead 1) to make him say that, and 2) to say that the "crime scene" included the trail head.
Can you define what you mean by trail head. thx!

I don't think that is the sign Carter is talking about in the podcast. The reporter asks about the memorial at the Nature Reserve sign and Carter talks about going left or right. I think it may be this sign, the 501 trail. What do you think. I'd like to know who made the signs and/or installed them. Notice the Monon High Bridge section of the sign is gone I assume since the bridge is closed for repair.
Taking Back the Trail
2 years later, no arrest yet in Delphi killings
The more I think about it, the more I think there is something on the audio recording - maybe the girls mentioning the guy by the sign, or something like that.

And perhaps LE mentions it because it places BG in a specific spot that witnesses might remember.

jmo

They did have crime scene tape there so maybe you're right. Perhaps he had a pee, but no DNA in urine. Perhaps a cig butt let's hope.
What if that sign has a security device that takes a heat sensing pic of anyone standing at it.

The recent Texas case where a teenage boy intervened to save a younger kid from a bully, but then got killed by the bully a few days later (Texas teen killed by bully he stopped, police say) has me wondering again whether this was a revenge oriented incident involving other students.

No, I don't have anything in mind. Just always felt the perp was young.

Technically feasible, but given that the trails didn't even have conventional security cams anywhere, I doubt it very much.
I liked Tresirs comment that perhaps BG was hiding his face from someone while staring at the sign. Or maybe he is illiterate too hence the staring because he didn’t know what the sign said or couldn’t adequately interpret it! Dyslexia as an element is a possibility. IMO

I went thru almost all threads, I'm new so I ran across this in a video, but not mentioned in these threads...

What did the 'bickering couple' witness & where.

as afar as I know we have limited knowledge because it was never disclosed unfortunately. It would be interesting to know who they were and what the argument was about at the very least! MOO

I would like to mention that, after having read the last 3ish pages, there are a lot of things being mentioned on here as fact that have ever been verified as fact. They are things that have been speculated about so frequently that they’ve eventually become “facts” of the case that aren’t known to be true at all.

There is enough misinformation that it’s really not worth sending moderators after every piece, but I encourage everyone to search for sources of any info they find before they run with it and form/post theories.

Additionally, keep in mind that the info being stated by LE appears to all be targeted to the perpetrator in some attempt to appeal to his conscience (which clearly isn’t working at all), which makes it sound so mysterious and gives the impression that LE has huge amounts of info that the general public isn’t aware of - but it’s just as likely that all they’re doing is grasping at straws and they don’t have much at all.

In particular, that bizarre press conference last year where they said the perpetrator could be in the room right then, and could have just watched the movie “The Shack” only days before really seemed to be targeted to a specific FBI profile - and clearly generated no forward movement in the case whatsoever.

So, don’t agonize over trying to analyze every single thing these investigators say because I’m not sure even they know what they’re talking about a good chunk of the time. It has to be so incredibly frustrating to them, as I do believe they’ve really put every effort they can into this investigation and there’s still no arrest and no justice. It drives me crazy as just some random person, so it must be even worse to he actually working the case and still not able to get anywhere.

I believe this, too. Lazenby said he's heard the voice before; why would he say that unless they had a prime suspect? That wasn't just a passing statement.

It sounds like wishful thinking, but there have been a few slips that gave it away. One officer said that "when the public learns the identity, it's going to shock this community." To me, this suggested they knew the identity and it was someone who was very young at the time of the murders.

A kindergartner?/j

Where does Tobe say it is someone very young?
Does the voice remember that of your prime suspect? Does it sound very young?

I think the slouching is possibly the reason for the few inches leeway given in the description. MOO.

Today is the day folks. It will come true one day.

Not too many inches.
One of my family members is between 5’5” and 5’6” and slouches. Slouching as he might, he still will not pass for a 5’9”. Someone recently had a surgery for severe slouching. 2’ plus. But not 4 inches.

Plus, to me it looks as if the person rather had short neck than was slouching.

Question,

when ISP Superintendent DC talks about the killer in the HLN podcast, in the first part Chapter 1 "A walk on the Bridge", and how he - the perp, not DC - would stare at the Nature Reserve Sign ..even on his first day etc... why would a local familiar (?) with the park even stare at the sign?? And why "stare"? What an odd word to use IMO. Even to point out by DC, that the perp stood right there in front of the signage and stared at it..Could that mean a witness saw BG staring at the sign?

Also, in the podcast DC is reminiscent of how the girls were dropped off and made a left turn towards the bridge. DC sighs if they had only turned right (towards the trail head) and not left...What does that mean?? They would be still alive, if they had not turned left? Why? Would anyone else had been killed that day, who had turned left instead or had gone to the bridge? Were there not folks - other students, hikers, witnesses- out there before the girls showed up? And yet the girls were murdered and nobody else.

Every time I listen to what DC has to say, I have to wear my "odd hat"...anyone else?

ALL IMO

-Nin

Maybe he meant that for some reason, the perp needed to take the left turn towards the bridge, no matter what? That he had something to do on the bridge, looking for someone, meeting someone?

The “left turn” is also directed at BG, or whoever DC suspects.

About staring...I don’t know. Maybe BG has staring spells?

I would not be surprised if there are several poi’s in DC’s head, so he’d address each of them, periodically.

I think DC speaks in tongues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member