Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #120

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going to throw this out there, to the religious or non or in between, I mean no disrespect to the victims, their families or anyone who reads this.

I watched the movie, The Shack and summarized it in a post. At the time I took it literally, meaning the shack could have something to do with the crime scene. However, this movie or book is one that I'd never heard of, but many people had, especially those who read fiction involving Christianity. That is why I think DC mentioned it. The basic theme is the main character "loses" his religion because his daughter is murdered. In the daytime, in the woods, is quickly noticed missing...sound familiar? The Holy Trinity is personified and the man journeys back to being a believer.

Here is the zinger. I am listening to the podcast The Daily Audio Bible, and of course I'm behind. Yesterday I got to February 13th. The Gospel reading was Matthew 27:32 - 66. I immediately thought of how rattled DC was at the presser when he said (not quoting but something to this effect) I am sure they are not experiencing now the way you left them. Someone correct me please if you can clarify the meaning or give his exact words.

Could BG be mocking the police, the victims, the families, someone in particular, or the religious community? I don't know and this is just wild speculation. But the religious twist in this case is unlike most where they ask for prayers and to give the family privacy. I'm thinking the reading could be about the crime scene and perhaps there is a connection. I do not know for a fact that the readings are the same from year to year in the DAB, but my Daily Bible readings are the same this year as a couple of years ago. I found it odd that reading is on the anniversary of Abby and Libby's deaths.

Sorry for the long post, and MOO. I hope I am wrong in even thinking this. Because it would be pure evil.

I don’t think BG is mocking anyone. I think he is scared.

However... the police may be making a crucial mistake if they are focusing on Delphi people. Unless they know who the DNA belongs to. If they do, it becomes a game with BG for them.

But reading through old Chikatilo case, I was surprised at the similarity of the thinking. This is why I am not sure psychological portraits necessarily apply. The police thought it was a gang of youths, for whom killings were initiation, that these were satanist, or small sectarian groups. They arrested (and shot) someone, they went after gays, after known pedophiles. It ended up being one quiet guy, a teacher, with impotence.

So unless they have touch DNA of a person who had no business being next to Abby and Libby, they may still not know.
Ahh, perhaps BG had to make a 'left turn' to get back to his parked vehicle by the abandoned CPS building.

He looked at “Mary Gerard” (I think?) sign and turned left. Something about the turn.

So the way to interpret it, DC is telling a story of the crime in hints.

The shack, truly, might be some building. CPS or a shed, we don’t know. The person either has parents, or is married. He has changed his appearance after murders. Maybe looks depressed. He is walking in plain sight, or was walking in plain sight that day. He goes to church. He probably told someone. Confused, maybe? He feels bad about the situation. He looked at the sign and turned left (or right?). It is about him taking a turn. Or maybe, the girls took the wrong turn and ran into something? Someone? He inserted himself into the investigation. (Has a possibility to do so? Close to the police? In the police?)

So each time DC says something making no sense, I assume he is talking to the killer.

I think by changing the sketches they are putting pressure on someone. Maybe a few people, maybe they still have several POIs.

Maybe he meant that for some reason, the perp needed to take the left turn towards the bridge, no matter what? That he had something to do on the bridge, looking for someone, meeting someone?

The “left turn” is also directed at BG, or whoever DC suspects.

About staring...I don’t know. Maybe BG has staring spells?

I would not be surprised if there are several poi’s in DC’s head, so he’d address each of them, periodically.

I think DC speaks in tongues...

Ahh, perhaps BG had to make a 'left turn' to get back to his parked vehicle by the abandoned CPS building.

Religion is usually a topic we're supposed to stay away from on WS, but I think it's safe to say that, imo, LE thinks BG was raised in the church and would recognize references to forgiveness, wholeness after death, etc.

jmo

DC is clearly a man of faith as various religious references have been mentioned from the beginning. IIRC one of the PCs began with a prayer and it appears the community of Delphi are generally people of faith as well. So it also might be his reference to the Shack is suggestive of nothing more than a continuation of that and DC is speaking with his faith in mind as well as communicating to an audience who he has the same connection to. The mention of the book isn’t quite a “one-off” referring to religion beliefs, entirely out of the blue. There’s more, but here’s one quote.

Feb 22, 2017
As poor as this picture is," Indiana State Police Supt. Doug Carter said. "Somebody knows. And if you're watching, we'll find you. To Abby and Libby. It's my hope and prayer that you're experiencing God's promise of eternal peace."...”
UPDATE: Delphi teen records audio before murders

Hundreds gather for prayer vigil in Delphi

Last edited:
I'm not over analyzing just taking to heart ISP Carter's words at the third anniversary of these children being murdered. He gives me hope where I wasn't feeling much.

..."Eventually, somebody will do the right thing. It might be the killer himself; might be a person who knows who he is."...

...Carter said. "We can't talk about what we think. Everybody else can. Or what they believe happened. We can't. There has been some criticism of me, and I'm willing to take that. I can't explain all the things that I know."...

..."He has no idea what we know, but one day he will," Carter added.

ISP: 'One piece away' from solving Delphi homicides
My God this article is depressing

3 yrs, high profile, the murderer walks among us, surveillance is so advanced as to read license plates...why not appeal to Vice President Pence, formerly gov of Indiana.

I might be naive but couldnt you even be as specific to zoom to the woods at the specfic time on feb 13th 2017???

A huge problem with this case for me, and I’m sure others will feel the same, is the way LE talks about it. I can’t decide if they’re trying to be purposefully confusing or not (perhaps to throw BG off?) but the way they phrase things often makes it seem like they’re walking back on comments. Sometimes I even wonder if they’re letting out little hints about what they know or suspect, but then following it up with “or maybe not.” The more I think about it, the more it seems like they’re playing mind games with someone (not the general public).

For example:
“Somebody may have already interviewed him," said Riley. "I'm not going to say they have or have not, but there's a possibility that has happened.”

Here’s the link to the article that example came from:
ISP on Delphi killer: 'Somebody may have already interviewed him'

3 yrs, high profile, the murderer walks among us, surveillance is so advanced as to read license plates...why not appeal to Vice President Pence, formerly gov of Indiana.

I might be naive but couldnt you even be as specific to zoom to the woods at the specfic time on feb 13th 2017???
I don’t believe there was surveillance in the area.

A huge problem with this case for me, and I’m sure others will feel the same, is the way LE talks about it. I can’t decide if they’re trying to be purposefully confusing or not (perhaps to throw BG off?) but the way they phrase things often makes it seem like they’re walking back on comments. Sometimes I even wonder if they’re letting out little hints about what they know or suspect, but then following it up with “or maybe not.” The more I think about it, the more it seems like they’re playing mind games with someone (not the general public).

For example:
“Somebody may have already interviewed him," said Riley. "I'm not going to say they have or have not, but there's a possibility that has happened.”

Here’s the link to the article that example came from:
ISP on Delphi killer: 'Somebody may have already interviewed him'

Agree. I think when Carter has said "you want to know what we know...." they may have heard from BG in some way, and they were even "instructed" to divulge something from the crime scene in last year's PC.

This summer will be the 8th anniversary of the strikingly similar and still unsolved Evansdale cousin's murders. Initially, there was much in this case to suggest it could be solved sooner - photos, video, audio, descriptions, sketches (which presumably came from witnesses). But at this point, I fear justice for Abby & Libby is as unlikely as justice for Lyric & Lizzy. It is indeed depressing. :(

My God this article is depressing

It is. Three years and 50,000 tips later I think DC has become reluctant to say the words “just that one tip away” that’s been repeated so often in the past. Instead, not it’s “one piece away”. This says to me LE does not have evidence nor DNA leading directly to the culprit. They need specific incriminating information, far beyond a similarity to a sketch, voice or photo. JMO

"One piece away, one piece away," Carter said when asked how close they were to solving the case. "Eventually, somebody will do the right thing. It might be the killer himself; might be a person who knows who he is."

This summer will be the 8th anniversary of the strikingly similar and still unsolved Evansdale cousin's murders. Initially, there was much in this case to suggest it could be solved sooner - photos, video, audio, descriptions, sketches (which presumably came from witnesses). But at this point, I fear justice for Abby & Libby is as unlikely as justice for Lyric & Lizzy. It is indeed depressing. :(
I wouldn’t give up hope just yet. I have faith that justice will be served eventually, even if it takes a while. I don’t know too much about Lizzy and Lyric’s case, but with Delphi we still don’t know exactly how much LE knows.

It is. Three years and 50,000 tips later I think DC has become reluctant to say the words “just that one tip away” that’s been repeated so often in the past. Instead, not it’s “one piece away”. This says to me LE does not have evidence nor DNA leading directly to the culprit. They need specific incriminating information, far beyond a similarity to a sketch, voice or photo. JMO

"One piece away, one piece away," Carter said when asked how close they were to solving the case. "Eventually, somebody will do the right thing. It might be the killer himself; might be a person who knows who he is."
I didn't notice that! Good observation!

My take... wrong place wrong time re the girls. If they'd turned right, they might not have been good targets. So sad. As for the sign, bench, etc at the trail head, I agree... that was odd and made me wonder what happened at the trialhead 1) to make him say that, and 2) to say that the "crime scene" included the trail head.
Is this the same bench that someone was begging for money, in the days previous , or was it the bench by the parking lot ? Anyone remember that?

Is this the same bench that someone was begging for money, in the days previous , or was it the bench by the parking lot ? Anyone remember that?
I'm not sure... I envisioned a sign at the trail head that the girls would see as they came from the drop-off that directs hikers either left to the trail that goes to the bridge or to the right. Maybe someone can post a pic of the sign/bench in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1