Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #120

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning: heavy speculation below.

While it was good drama, the April PC sounded scripted, like something provided to DC by profiler trainees. "He's a serial murderer, so he wants to insert himself into the investigation so he can find out what we know."

I suppose it's possible he contacted them, but nothing like a note. Of course he wants to know. Every mention of breakthroughs in the area of forensic science probably kills him, kicks in his urge to abuse drugs and alcohol in order to cope.

That's why he was on the bridge in the first place. He's a powder keg of volatile brutality and vanity.

Young dudes express themselves. I don't think millennials / Gen Z really style themselves as people who take easily to hiding in plain sight without some kind of self expressive medium. Maybe he has enough creative passion in his brutal pathology to communicate his frustrations through mediums like Twitter and Instagram.

Look for Twitter timelines containing retweets of content that tell a story of someone who is scared and accused—for real, or in his own head. Someone who looks like one of the sketches, and has been tipped in multiple times for Delphi. Someone whose timeline has these qualities and who quits Twitter / Facebook / Instagram, or deletes his account in disgust.

Our offender wants to live a normal life. He wants to ease the anxiety over being caught and exposed for his crimes. DC taunted him with some real emotion on this, remember?

"What will your loved ones think when they find out you killed two little girls? What kind of coward does something like that?"

This was a crescendo of brilliant shaming by whomever put the PC together. There's no way he can hide from the truth—but there's also no way he can live with it without evidence of his turmoil leaking out into his life.

All we have to do is notice the signs.

Great analysis, MB.

2-hearts-png-6.png

Last edited:
Libby's mom was just interviewed on Fox & Friends First. I will continue to look for video.

ETA: She basically stated that she doesn't understand why LE has handled the case the way they have; i.e., the crime scene, the new sketch, etc.

Last edited:
Libby's mom was just interviewed on Fox & Friends First. I will continue to look for video.

ETA: She basically stated that she doesn't understand why LE has handled the case the way they have; i.e.. the crime scene, the new sketch, etc.

yes please post the vid when you find it, thanks!!
I think after going on 3 years the families are definitely getting frustrated with the not knowing, there’s a bit of evidence (video, audio, “possible” dna, sketches, and thousands of tips) yet nothing has came of any of it. I don’t blame the families at all for feeling the way they do, but I can imagine that LE is pretty darn frustrated too.

yes please post the vid when you find it, thanks!!
I think after going on 3 years the families are definitely getting frustrated with the not knowing, there’s a bit of evidence (video, audio, “possible” dna, sketches, and thousands of tips) yet nothing has came of any of it. I don’t blame the families at all for feeling the way they do, but I can imagine that LE is pretty darn frustrated too.
I've scoured their website, Twitter and Facebook and nothing yet. But the interview was a good one and it was several minutes so I'm sure they'll put it on the website sometime this morning. I'll keep checking.

The two contrasting sketches led some to wonder if there was more than one person involved in the killings. “We’re not sure about that,” Leazenby said Thursday when asked whether two people were involved in the crime.

He said "bridge guy" had to know where to take the girls to kill them in a place concealed from the public's sight, and the spot along the creek would not be common knowledge to outsiders.

ISP Kim Riley said they have two troopers assigned to the Delphi killings, as well as FBI agents assigned to the case.

Leazenby said Carroll County Sheriff's Office has two deputies assigned to the case, and Delphi also has officers assigned to it.

But the investigators assigned to the Delphi killings' case also carry a normal caseload of investigations, Leazenby said.

Anna Williams said, “The anniversaries are difficult” .

In years past, police held news conferences on the anniversary of the girls' killings. But not this year.

“There’s nothing new to report," Riley said, explaining why there is not a news conference this year. “Every year we’ve had something to report.”

'I'm absolutely hopeful.' On anniversary of Delphi killings, community has faith next tip leads to justice
Nothing to report? :(

The two contrasting sketches led some to wonder if there was more than one person involved in the killings. “We’re not sure about that,” Leazenby said Thursday when asked whether two people were involved in the crime.

He said "bridge guy" had to know where to take the girls to kill them in a place concealed from the public's sight, and the spot along the creek would not be common knowledge to outsiders.

ISP Kim Riley said they have two troopers assigned to the Delphi killings, as well as FBI agents assigned to the case.

Leazenby said Carroll County Sheriff's Office has two deputies assigned to the case, and Delphi also has officers assigned to it.

But the investigators assigned to the Delphi killings' case also carry a normal caseload of investigations, Leazenby said.

Anna Williams said, “The anniversaries are difficult” .

In years past, police held news conferences on the anniversary of the girls' killings. But not this year.

“There’s nothing new to report," Riley said, explaining why there is not a news conference this year. “Every year we’ve had something to report.”

'I'm absolutely hopeful.' On anniversary of Delphi killings, community has faith next tip leads to justice

JudgeJudi thanks for sharing.

This is what I believe to be an important element to the crimes committed that day, pulled from the above post:

For a long time I thought there was a possibility the killer found the MHB online, when there, scouted/recon'd it out, maybe made multiple visits, etc. That may be the case, however the selection of the crime scene is a major element to the case, in my book, too. That specific area along the creek cannot be seen clearly, if at all, from any part of the length of the MHB, which is 853 feet long, or 260 meters.

BG did not show up on that specific day, and wait for someone to anger him or 'set him off', or what have you. BG showed up that day to kill, and he wanted to kill as part of a fantasy of his. Killing was bad enough, scaring a community and the public at large was part of his sick plan, and I believe he planned this set of crimes well in advance, it just so happened the girls fell into the trap he wanted to set for a victim or victims.

Not only did this monster kill and scare the community, his crimes ensnared innocent people in the immediate and surrounding areas, which for all we know may have been part of his fantasy. I've thought for some time that this set of crimes was revenge for something, some sleight against him, or what have you. It could very well be BG wanted to terrorize the community out of pure hatred and rage, directed towards no one in particular, essentially directed towards everyone. Could very well be he hates the world in general, I've read up on some forensic psychology stuff since these murders happened, and in some cases killers literally hate the world around them.

Every property used by both the girls and BG that day, during the time frame in question, is a private property with the exception of the creek itself. No public lands were used in the commission of these heinous crimes. Could very well be this was part of a vendetta of sorts against the community, and a public area just didn't fit into the horror BG planned out in advance. He didn't pick a state park, a local park, etc., he chose the area of the Monon High Bridge, a place only some people would know about, a place even a lot of locals couldn't have given directions to an outsider to find before the crimes that day. A place accessible from nearby IN 25, but only for the two and a half years that the highway had been open.

I would imagine many of the searchers that evening had never been to the bridge, either. Now imagine trying to find where to park along C.R. 300 that evening, in the pitch black dark as there are no street lamps, and then trying to manage walking a pitch black, wooded area you're not at all familiar with.

When I drove to Delphi in August of '17, the town itself is accessible off of IN 25, however you wouldn't know it was there driving along that beautiful stretch
of road going south from Logansport, I'd imagine there are signs further down from where I turned off of there but there were none at the spot where I turned off of 25. My only clues were from a GPS map and the large water tower set off from the road, in fact I almost blew past the turn off for C.R. 300 on the west side of 25, when I got to Freedom Bridge I had to firmly hit the brakes so I didn't miss my exit. My recollection is paying closer attention to the map and keeping an eye out for the Freedom Bridge, the turn off and that bridge are located along a dip in the road way, along a curve as you're headed south. So I was juggling paying attention to the GPS, the bridge as a landmark and reference point as to where to turn off, the dip in the road which is along a curve, etc. I'm sure it would be much easier on a future trip out there, but as a first-timer not a simple task. I found the canal park and Riley Park in town just fine merely by driving, shortly after driving C.R. 300 and finding Delphi via country roads.

Furthermore, there are no nearby signs along nearby roads indicating that, indeed, some old bridge is set back in the woods a ways, as in official municipal or similar government signs. Driving C.R. 300 that day, again I nearly blew past the place where the girls were dropped off, at roughly 30 mph. I am convinced that BG had to know where the bridge is located, where to park, and how to get/walk there, well in advance before 2.13.17. He had to have known the trails on the private properties, and/or was using or had used an electronic device to help navigate his way, so he could get back to his vehicle and thus escape, a daylight phantom.

People like myself in this part of the U.S. now have to look over our shoulders when using trails since this happened, I never carried weapons before while out on trails, I've hiked in 4 states in this country. BG terrorized Delphi, and has scared a lot of people, and made a lot of us more vigilant. I continue to wonder why he did what he did that day, as this was an elaborate plan on his part, he lucked out and pulled it off.

Let today be the day.

JMO

Last edited:
Hoping today is the day.

Did BG choose RLs land because he knew it well and his DNA could be on it anyway making the placing of BG there for the murders difficult to prove? Did someone give him an alibi who is now dead? Is BG in jail for another crime? I think the reason why there is no anniversary PC is because LE know (they were onto something at the beginning they have said) but cannot prove it just yet. My hope and AJMO.

This is JMO but I think the reason there isn’t gonna be a 3rd year anniversary PC is cuz lots of cases don’t get yearly PCs especially if nothing new has came about. I’m sure we’ll see in msm something about “don’t call it a cold case” again. But no yearly PC is common in a lot of cases.

I think at the beginning LE thought this would be a slam-dunk case once they viewed Libby's video of the actual killer. Such a smart girl! Some frames were isolated and two generated pictures were shown to the public in the belief he would be quickly identified and an arrest could be made. A week later an audio clip of "down the hill" was also released and they waited for the tip. Five months later the drawing of BG was released. They waited again for the right tip but it didn't happen.

LE have looked into different cases but eventually eliminated or downplayed the suspect in several of them that we know of. Some are listed on the link below.

After reviewing the case files again and again, LE finally decided to release the second drawing of BG along with another audio clip of "guys"two years later in the hopes that it might finally trigger the right tip. They also brought up the car seen parked near the trail that they would like info on. Apparently, they may be still waiting on the right tips.

I believe they may have DNA and other evidence that could be beneficial with an arrest, but they do not have anyone in their sights at this time.

Murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German - Wikipedia
I wonder if LE didn't get overconfident with the video, audio and witness sketches in addition to what they would normally get from such a crime scene. Listening to the attorney on Episode 3 of HLN's "Down the Hill" podcast he noted that when LE executes a search warrant early in an investigation it has a high probability of leading to an arrest. This was brought up in discussion of the massive search on Bicycle Road shortly after the murders. LE has never stated what led them to search that property, but the attorney seemed to allude to the fact that LE had to have something that would convince a judge to sign a search warrant.

Delphi murders: What we know about the case

[When asked whether they could be looking for more than one person, Riley said: "We're not ruling out anything at this point in time." It's for that reason that investigators don't want to completely discount the earlier police sketch of what looks to be an older suspect. "There still the possibility of a second person involved in this case," Riley said. "We don't want to say the old sketch is not involved, we just want to say that this new sketch is more indicative of what we're looking for at this time."]
A year ago we had members who stated they believed more than one person was involved. I was not highly critical of such statements and usually didn't respond to them at all. But privately I was rolling my eyes and snickering at such statements. Now...not so much.

Leazenby stated early on and now just recently that he has his doubts that only one person was involved. Now here we have ISP spokesperson, Kim Riley stating they are not ruling one person. I still believe only one person was involved, but I'm wondering what is up with these statements by LE. They know about more about these murders beyond what has been revealed to the public. The witnesses actually saw TWO unidentified persons on the trail that day and both have not come forward? LE has multiple DNA profiles from the scene that have not been traced to someone?

BG must have lived in Delphi as a kid and may have moved out after completing high school for further studies/better opportunities which explains his familiarity with the "down the hill" area and the ease at which he crossed the bridge with the intent to commit a crime.
I am sure LE has looked at former Delphi residents around the area and also kids who regularly spent their summer breaks and holidays in Delphi visiting their grandparents or great grand parents twenty to thirty years ago.
Families who have been living in Delphi for generations can provide vital clue regarding this.

I am very hopeful this will be solved.

Warning: heavy speculation below.

While it was good drama, the April PC sounded scripted, like something provided to DC by profiler trainees. "He's a serial murderer, so he wants to insert himself into the investigation so he can find out what we know."

I suppose it's possible he contacted them, but nothing like a note. Of course he wants to know. Every mention of breakthroughs in the area of forensic science probably kills him, kicks in his urge to abuse drugs and alcohol in order to cope.

That's why he was on the bridge in the first place. He's a powder keg of volatile brutality and vanity.

Young dudes express themselves. I don't think millennials / Gen Z really style themselves as people who take easily to hiding in plain sight without some kind of self expressive medium. Maybe he has enough creative passion in his brutal pathology to communicate his frustrations through mediums like Twitter and Instagram.

Look for Twitter timelines containing retweets of content that tell a story of someone who is scared and accused—for real, or in his own head. Someone who looks like one of the sketches, and has been tipped in multiple times for Delphi. Someone whose timeline has these qualities and who quits Twitter / Facebook / Instagram, or deletes his account in disgust.

Our offender wants to live a normal life. He wants to ease the anxiety over being caught and exposed for his crimes. DC taunted him with some real emotion on this, remember?

"What will your loved ones think when they find out you killed two little girls? What kind of coward does something like that?"

This was a crescendo of brilliant shaming by whomever put the PC together. There's no way he can hide from the truth—but there's also no way he can live with it without evidence of his turmoil leaking out into his life.

All we have to do is notice the signs.

No. Your assumption is based on the portrait of NBG.

Your POI? Could be, btw. Everything is possible.

With one caveat - he is not on the bridge. He is super tall. BG is not. Your poi’s legs are huge. The BG’s legs are skinny. No way can I imagine that the BG is 6’2 - 6’4”. Not the BG we see.

I can accept any story, of him being down the hill, in hiding, but he is not on the bridge.

Also, his voice is somewhat different. Have you compared the voices?

Could he be involved? Surely. A local, yes. But - do we have a motive, a reason? An electronic trace? I don’t. Do we even have the proof that he is violent? Not to my knowledge.

His Twitter is peculiar. I once checked it. But - maybe he is depressed? Not doing so great at school? Personal problems? Not a proof of the accusation.

The sketch of NBG I simply disregard. Too generic. I can’t use it. Maybe it was meant to scare the perp. I once will comment on that sketch. But didn’t LE say, don’t look at the hair? You can’t base anything on the similarity to that sketch.

I mean, he can be the perp, any Delphi male can, why not? But you say he is on the bridge. He is not on the grainy video.

Great analysis, MB.

This analysis can not be done basing on the common knowledge.

Here is the motive per @Mike Britton
He's a powder keg of volatile brutality and vanity.

Young dudes express themselves. I don't think millennials / Gen Z really style themselves as people who take easily to hiding in plain sight without some kind of self expressive medium”.

Look, that person might be vane, but we don’t have the history of volatile brutality. Actually, the history is not unlike Libby@Abby’s - I see big wish to get an education and move away from Delphi.

None is remotely the proof. If DC knows something, he did not share it with us. I think he is on DC’s list, but I think DC is aiming at someone else.

Last edited:
BG must have lived in Delphi as a kid and may have moved out after completing high school for further studies/better opportunities which explains his familiarity with the "down the hill" area and the ease at which he crossed the bridge with the intent to commit a crime.
I am sure LE has looked at former Delphi residents around the area and also kids who regularly spent their summer breaks and holidays in Delphi visiting their grandparents or great grand parents twenty to thirty years ago.
Families who have been living in Delphi for generations can provide vital clue regarding this.

I am very hopeful this will be solved.
This is the same scenario I keep coming back to. Such a person would likely not be recognized now as opposed to what he looked like in, say, the 6th, 7th or 8th grade. I also wonder if his family were not long time residents or with ties to the area, but moved there due to a job there or nearby. Then, after a few years moved to another town. (Between the 1st and 6th grade I went to 6 different schools in 6 different towns over 2 states and neither of my parents were in the military. Our father worked for 2 different companies over that span and moves were job related. I doubt if anyone who saw me in the 4th or 5th grade would have recognized me in college and I ran across a few of those students in college.) Or he visited a grandparent, aunt or uncle and that person has moved to another city, retirement facility or is deceased.

I found my screen shot where Kelsi said that her DNA was taken a second time. I'm still looking for the video where she was interviewed and she said it was taken three times.

Thank you.

It sounds like there's some issue of who is related to whom here, and what matches. I wonder if there's some element of chimerism* going on? That could seriously interfere with a match, or make it difficult to eliminate some DNA from consideration.

*Human chimerism involves people carrying more than one set of DNA somewhere in their bodies, usually because some of a fetus's DNA lingers in the mother's blood after pregnancy, or vice versa. Also common with twins where one twin dies in utero and the other twin has some of the DNA of both. Also after bone marrow transplants. It's an area they're only beginning to study

With the third anniversary of the murders upon us, I have been reflecting on what drew me to this case.

I know that different people were drawn to the case in different ways. Some long-time WS folks were probably drawn to the case when the first thread popped up. Others were probably drawn by the presser last April. Still others came when searching for more information about an article they had read.

For me, it was the hefty reward offer made in the first weeks after the murder.

I frequently go back to a couple of videos I saw at that time. I am not going to post them. But I am suggesting that it might be a real good idea to go and take a look (or another look) at both of them. Let me describe them briefly.

The first video that I saw, the one that was my introduction to the case, involved DC and the person who was adding a big sum of $ to the reward. Both spoke in that video.

The second video came a little later on, and involved an interview of that person offering the reward and some of his buddies that were standing with him. I have been particularly intrigued by how that person described what he was told by DC. I think you will be similarly intrigued when you see it.

Neither video is all that hard to find. I suggest that you start by searching Delphi reward, or something like that...and then look at videos that were made around that time that fit my description.

I am not naming that person for fear that it might be interpreted as a rules violation, if you catch my drift.

Very interesting. I did not find the second video. There is one person in the circle of the person you mention who has a very interesting trait. That person is Important to the donor, if you understand my hint. But again, do we have anything else beyond that similarity? Motive?

marker 21:12ff

And thank you for mentioning it!

-Nin
“When they called off the search that night, I have to still wonder, if they had stayed out there searching for the girls, if they may have been found, and if they might even be still with us today.” -Carrie Timmons

Could this be a tactic to force LE to release time of death, to avoid a lawsuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum