Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #121

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure this has been discussed many times before but I think part of his confidence and authority could come from having a weapon. As in “guys, I’ve got a gun. Get down the hill.”

MOO just speculation
Yes that makes sense because no one would pay any attention to this loser unless he had a gun to their head.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I’m sure this has been discussed many times before but I think part of his confidence and authority could come from having a weapon. As in “guys, I’ve got a gun. Get down the hill.”

MOO just speculation
You're probably right.
Just being an adult would have given him authority with young kids, but with girls as old as Abby and Libby, he probably would have needed to brandish a gun.

Last edited:
Yes that makes sense because no one would pay any attention to this loser unless he had a gun to their head.

Think about that. You are a 13 or 14 year old kid and someone has a weapon they are using to harm your friend or threaten to harm your friend. Maybe they tell you to do something or they will harm your friend? What would you do? This is why the aspect of 2 victims is kind of unique.

here is a report on crime in Delphi, if you scroll down you can see a ways back , murders , rapes, etc.

https://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Delphi-Indiana.html

I do not understand how these statistics are important to the case. Yes, the Monon High Bridge Trail area on the outskirts of Delphi, Indiana is where a tragic crime took place. But it was one crime. I have lived in a small town and a city with a high crime rate. Places are rarely ever the same. Data like this is for a wide array of crimes and the people that commit them.

Even if someone from Delphi, Indiana came up to me and told me that crime happens everywhere, I would remind them that they are from Delphi, Indiana.

I think this loser is quiet, but relishes being clandestine, listening to the anguished conversations and reading all the online articles and remarks; our thread included. Because, being the loser that he is, this is the closest he can come to human interaction. How pathetic.

Yes, indeed!

Again I feel his voice, his gait, his blue jacket (which I really think is identifiable despite those who Disagree) will solve this case! The jacket is such that a family member would recognize! It is not high end but is a jacket that a working man would wear!
I've always felt the jacket would be key. In my opinion, he had it a very long time. A friend or relative would recognize it. I understand the pixel density, but I've always noticed a camo design on the arms making it somewhat unique

Good point about "hill". There is nothing "hilly" in the area.

Use of the term 'embankment' or 'grade' could indicate employment in railroads or construction. But BG used 'hill' when there is no hill. This may indicate that he grasped for a word to fit and has not been employed in construction, rail roads or related areas.

It may also point towards a younger BG who is perhaps not from a blue collar family. For example, I think most male older blue collar workers would not need to resort to using "hill" and would know the correct term (embankment) or use a common slang term ("grade")- even if they never worked in industries associated with the terms. Likewise, a younger BG from a blue collar family might know the terms 'embankment' or 'grade' by hearing family members use the terms.

Combining the apparent command voice with the apparent grasping for a word likely known to older blue collar men and what do we have- maybe a middle class sports instructor, youth camp leader, church youth group leader, life guard or youth sports team captain?
Perhaps BG used the term "hill" especially for Abby/Libby, thinking they would understand it better than a term, he would have used normally?
Or perhaps, BG was reliving some childhood adventures, when he was still too young to name for example an embankment other than with the term "hill"?
Who knows, through which times his mind was travelling, possibly. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
The original Bridge Guy however does have a gnarly gritty look, he looks a bit evil.
As a wannabe-actor (which he might be), it was his role at the time. Well played for the video, maybe even for the girls. In any case, Abby/Libby were unsettled at least, probably, what to think of him. MOO

Think about that. You are a 13 or 14 year old kid and someone has a weapon they are using to harm your friend or threaten to harm your friend. Maybe they tell you to do something or they will harm your friend? What would you do? This is why the aspect of 2 victims is kind of unique.

After mulling over the situation at the SE end of the bridge numerous times, my hunch is he grabbed one of the girls and brandished a gun. Pure speculation of course but it makes sense to me, get control of one of the girls, then tell them both what to do.

He had plenty of time between when they were dropped off, to when he got to the girls at the end of the bridge, to think about what he was going to do to get them under his control, then put the wheels in motion to do so. I figure it was roughly a 40 minute time frame, between first sighting to "down the hill".

JMO

I would like to know, whether a killer/serial killer is speaking of himself - as long as he isn't caught and nobody knows about his deed - as a "killer", "serial killer", "murderer". Or whether he names the not caught perp (who is himself) by a more distanced name like "monster", when in a conversation about a murder/a case with someone. What would killers do? What would profilers think, they do?

Very interesting question, and I think it should pave the way to the discussion of the criminal types that some of us could have met, it might be more interesting than profiling.

My feeling is, no one can predict human behavior, and while you look at one person and think, he is creepy, in the meantime, someone else, benevolence himself, would turn out the killing type.

One guy killed probably in a drunken rage, and he was the nicest, the politest guy ever. His speech was somewhat poor in emotional color and I didn’t hear any specific words for himself.

And many years ago, I came across two people, neither of whom had been ever accused, but they kept company with such unsavory types that if I ever hear that either was a murderer, I would not be surprised. I don’t think either is a serial killer, though. (One, actually, managed to harm someone, but probably accidentally). Both were the hit-and-run types.

They both were very smart, very presentable, and inside, incredible cowards and shocking liars. The desire to lie to create an impression was pathological in both cases, but in one, it was to the degree of an illness. I think both were lying to protect very small, fractured, easily wounded ego, but as I have said, there is a degree after which lying can only hurt you, and maybe even hold you back, in relationships and career, yet both continued doing it. One did call himself names, sort of diminutive ones, like “sonny” or “kitten” or something like it, and referred to himself in the third person (“the kitten is going to have a nap”).

The other one used more adult words, but strangely, 3D person was common for him as well.

This is why I sometimes wonder, maybe, both were slightly on the spectrum? They did very well in life and were social, but neither had solid male friends.

Women who were not accused but also of the type that won’t surprise me were very different, much stronger, even grandiose (you’d think they were heroes by listening to them), and their speech was colorful and dramatic, but I think they had a higher degree of mental illness.

P. S. And about this case, I think he simply says, “the guy”. Or “that guy”.

Where do you see any connection between the two cases?

The Flora case was the arson of a home in the dead of night that resulted in the death of 4 children. LEO says they believe the arson did not specifically target the children who died.

The other was the likely sexual assault and violent murder of two teenage girls in broad daylight.

Other than the fact that they both occurred in Delphi, and the victims were female, I see no similarities at all.
A couple more things.
Young teenage females. Predators’ magnet.
And neither had any criminal issues, or drug problems, or charges. “Good girls”.

Just a small clarification - it wasn’t Carter who said “I know that voice“. It was Carroll County Sheriff Leazenby.

For what it’s worth, at the time it was debatable if he was speaking for himself or if he was simply repeating what he hoped was going through the mind of someone, prompting them to call in a tip. My opinion was the later. The recording is somewhere in or about thread #86 but I’m sorry, I’m unable to locate it for you.

Leasenby is local. Carter is not. I think Leasenby did hear the voice. Not Carter.

I think his clothing had been selected specifically with his killing project in mind. Meaning, these weren't clothes he normally wore but rather oversized to accommodate his killing tools.

However, to your point of "working man's clothes", he could have easily purchased them at a supply shop specifically for workmen, or a second hand shop. The pants didn't have a new look to them, but the image isn't crisp so it's hard to tell.

One thing that is still gnawing at me, and it seems like the following speculation was dismissed early on. Still....has any connection to that cemetery been completely cleared? Are people still being buried there, or is it quite old and just "resting" residents? Are there caretakers that actively and routinely take care of the grounds? The proximity to the crime scene is very notable, as we all know. I just can't get rid of the gnawing feeling that there is some sort of a connection to that cemetery beyond proximity. BTW, what is the name of that cemetery? I can only find Funeral Homes close by the trail....must be very old?
Do we know when the last burial took place there? Perhaps the Perp had someone buried there?

either buried, or maybe, ironically, he is a genealogist, or works for find-a-grave project, or is studying some family name in Delphi?
There are tons of reasons to visit an old cemetery without raising suspicions.

I don't think he bothered making any explicit threats; I think his pistol was the only threat he needed. He saw the girls as objects to use for his enjoyment and discard; he wouldn't have engaged in conversation with them beyond giving commands.

Perhaps BG used the term "hill" especially for Abby/Libby, thinking they would understand it better than a term, he would have used normally?

Or perhaps, BG was reliving some childhood adventures, when he was still too young to name for example an embankment other than with the term "hill"?
I think both of these are possible.

I found out last night that my daughter did not know the formal word "embankment" and had also never heard the construction slang word "grade" (embankments are leveled by 'graders'). This could support BG being aware of the need to translate the term to "hill".

At the same time, I think that most people, especially when under stress, automatically use vocabulary that they personally use daily. A translation would be added only if needed.

For example:

BG: "Go down the embankment" or "Go down off the grade" (victims look confused)
BG then translates: "Go down the hill"

Do you see a very faint line on BG's shoes? I ask because of the picture of those boot that came out, with LE, in a bag from the meat packing plant the day of a bomb scare. They had a line around the bottom.
Can you explain further please? I'm not understanding your post.
I do know that there is a black steel toe workbook that many laborers wear; almost standard issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member