Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #121

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, how about specialized slang terms like 'grade'?

'Grade' was pretty common in my area amongst men who worked construction or related trades. The use of 'embankment' was probably less common, but everyone knew the term.

“Grade” is the trail that was once the railroad line. Not the fill or the dirt that was moved to make the grade level.

Last edited:
I really like this guy for the hair alone. but I have to disregard sketch number 2. ( which by the way looks nothing like BG.)

thoughts,

bulbus nose like you won't believe

could he have pushed one of the girls off the bridge?

is sketch 2 a red herring?

when did he take off for the Keys?

dirtbag.

mOO

I've known many, many teens through the some of the jobs that I've held. Are you from the US? You must be completely out of touch with American teenagers. The teens in your family are not the norm (if you're even correct about them; teens are good at fooling their parents, and most parents are clueless).
I am right about the teens I know as most of them are in their successful adulthood now. I am talking about teens in the UK 1960's - 1990's mid sized town of 25k. Partner in LE. Personal experience, rural community since 2000. Disagree that most parents are clueless IME. Don't know your experience obviously but if you are in US and in Social Services or Teaching then YMMV.

Also, regarding Abby and Libby, these two teens were good girls, in band together, involved in sports and no way were their parents clueless or being fooled by the girls IMO. The girls may have been tricked to attend that day, perhaps by someone they trusted. These girls were very like the teens that I am talking about. MOO.

Last edited:
“Grade” is the trail that was once the railroad line. Not the fill or the dirt that was moved to make the grade level.
I understand.

In the past when I used construction slang often, I probably would have said "Go down off the grade". If I said: "Go down the grade", I would point if needed to indicate that I did not want the listener to walk further along the grade, but to walk off the grade.

The term "Grade" in my area could mean only the leveled top of the rail line, road etc (as you stated). The term, however, could also include the slope down as being part of the "grade" depending on the speaker.

The listener would then rely on context or a supporting hand gesture to know what the slang user meant exactly.

Last edited:
Do you think JMW fits the profile? I think he matches the part about looking younger than his actual age. I thought he was in his 20s based on his picture, but then I read that he's 42. He doesn't look like the new BG sketch, though.
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/florida-keys/article239397083.html

I don't know enough about him to say. He certainly resembles the sketch though I'm not sure he looks any more like the video clip than several other possibilities.

There are two sketches so who knows which one is the "correct" sketch? So sorry that Abby and Libby and their families have yet to get justice. I used to think one of the girls was targeted and it was a planned meeting, but I lean more toward BG planned to meet someone, anyone, and opportunity happened to appear that fateful day. :(

I am right about the teens I know as most of them are in their successful adulthood now.

But if they are good at being sneaky... how would you know? ;)

Also, just because they experiment with pushing borders doesn't make them less likely to be successful adults. I think we all pushed a little when we were younger - going to the bridge with Libby wouldn't be the same as sneaking out and drinking. Going to the bridge *shouldn't* have been a big deal. Unfortunately, it was.

LE stated be aware what your children are up to (or something similar) early on. Why did they say that?
JMO, but I think it is because something else was going on out there. Something that drew the people LG saw to the trailhead.

I don't care how nice the weather was for February. Anything more than a three or 4 people at a trailhead is not normal, and is indicative of something going on. Maybe it was a planned group hike, or maybe it was a party, idk. But, it was something. That I am sure of.

An accomplice perhaps, or some poor schnook at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I really think they found their guy. I froze when I saw the hair. Mind you, I’ve been wrong before, but I really do think we got him.

amateur opinion and speculation

Hair could be a wig. The guy changed everything, the shape of his body, legs, covered his face. He is a master of makeup. Do you think he used no wig?

I am right about the teens I know as most of them are in their successful adulthood now. I am talking about teens in the UK 1960's - 1990's mid sized town of 25k. Partner in LE. Personal experience, rural community since 2000. Disagree that most parents are clueless IME. Don't know your experience obviously but if you are in US and in Social Services or Teaching then YMMV.

Also, regarding Abby and Libby, these two teens were good girls, in band together, involved in sports and no way were their parents clueless or being fooled by the girls IMO. The girls may have been tricked to attend that day, perhaps by someone they trusted. These girls were very like the teens that I am talking about. MOO.

But they were teenagers! Being good teenagers doesn’t mean “100% abide by your parents’ rules”.

An example: Abby was not allowed to have a FB. Her mom was surprised to find out she had one. Does it make Abby any worse? No. She was just a typical teenager.

Stretching umbilical cord when growing is normal. Experimenting- even with alcohol and pot - is part of being a teenager. Testing limits is normal.

I remember many years ago, when marijuana was “very” illegal in my liberal MA, I heard of a study indicating that abusing it as a teenager was a bad predictor. But so, the study continued, was never trying it. Either it indicated loneliness (“no one bothered to offer it to you”), or extreme unwillingness to bend rules, emotional rigidity... bad, in short.

Hair could be a wig. The guy changed everything, the shape of his body, legs, covered his face. He is a master of makeup. Do you think he used no wig?
I do not think he wore a wig, nor do I think he had makeup on. However, due to the blurry ness of the bridge photo, that is just amateur opinion and speculation.

But they were teenagers! Being good teenagers doesn’t mean “100% abide by your parents’ rules”.

An example: Abby was not allowed to have a FB. Her mom was surprised to find out she had one. Does it make Abby any worse? No. She was just a typical teenager.

Stretching umbilical cord when growing is normal. Experimenting- even with alcohol and pot - is part of being a teenager. Testing limits is normal.

I remember many years ago, when marijuana was “very” illegal in my liberal MA, I heard of a study indicating that abusing it as a teenager was a bad predictor. But so, the study continued, was never trying it. Either it indicated loneliness (“no one bothered to offer it to you”), or extreme unwillingness to bend rules, emotional rigidity... bad, in short.
I don't agree with sweeping generalisations such as " all teenagers lie to their parents and all parents are useless "
But if they are good at being sneaky... how would you know? ;)

Also, just because they experiment with pushing borders doesn't make them less likely to be successful adults. I think we all pushed a little when we were younger - going to the bridge with Libby wouldn't be the same as sneaking out and drinking. Going to the bridge *shouldn't* have been a big deal. Unfortunately, it was.
Being sneaky is fine. That is a different thing, like I said, bending the rules is what I call that. I don't blame the girls at all, they did nothing wrong.

There are two sketches so who knows which one is the "correct" sketch? So sorry that Abby and Libby and their families have yet to get justice. I used to think one of the girls was targeted and it was a planned meeting, but I lean more toward BG planned to meet someone, anyone, and opportunity happened to appear that fateful day. :(

LE has said maybe somewhere between the two.

Last edited:
An accomplice perhaps, or some poor schnook at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I really think they found their guy. I froze when I saw the hair. Mind you, I’ve been wrong before, but I really do think we got him.

I pray you're correct. Do you think LE have recovered DNA from crime scene to match with him? I go from hopefully to desolate on that subject, continuously.

I pray you're correct. Do you think LE have recovered DNA from crime scene to match with him? I go from hopefully to desolate on that subject, continuously.
It would be hard to believe they didn’t. I recall they said one of the girls put up a good fight, which suggests to me DNA under the fingernails at minimum. However, just guessing. Or, they may have had weak samples that they will now apply additional testing to. Hard to say with knowing so little. I still think we got him. We’ll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members