Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #122

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like he has nice shoes, kinda like coming in from the office. Works in town? Wondering about other sittings . This guys is clean cut I think. JMO

He either works in the office and could not afford wearing anything else to his morning work because that would look strange (and he needed to step out for a short time to get an alibi). Or he simply did not need to walk too far to get to the bridge. Or he pulled over next to the bridge, got out of the car, and stepped on the bridge. He might be not local at all, and the local person, the second one involved, was waiting down, under the bridge. In fact, this is something I am thinking of as a possibility. I don’t understand the motive, must be something incredible, but a car pulling over, the guy stepping out, walking across the bridge, and being done in 15 minutes, I can imagine.

But the motive might seem random to us. I just thought that curious girls browsing the Internet might, unbeknownst to themselves, pull out someone’s dark secret.

The two sketches have remained a mystery. We don’t know why they are so different or why they changed.

We know the second sketch was actually drawn shortly after the murder based on eye witness account.

They say the two sketches are not the same person, they say sketch 1 no longer of interest. Sketch 2 is BG and is the killer.

It’s all very “sketchy”

Moo
Don't forget, then they say could wind up the killer is a combination of the two sketches...even more sketchy?

I do believe that was someone else from the area commenting not from the phone evidence. To my knowledge nothing besides the two Snapchat images, BG still, BG three word audio, BG four word audio, and BG stride video loop have been released from Libby's phone by LE.
I believe it, the words "creepy guy", was said by BP on one of Gray Hugh's videos. IIRC

Absolutely, if his motive was sexual. Then it is an Israel Keyes-type murderer, and I don’t understand the placidity of LE. The motive we don’t know.

If we knew the cause of death, I think the motive would be apparent. For obvious reasons though, LE needs to keep it to themselves. Makes it harder on the public some would say, but I think it's the right thing to do.

There are video interviews of Abby and Libby's family members done by a man named Renner (can't recall his first name but the interviews are done in 360*). In one, Abby' mom talks about listening to some of the audio and her daughter commenting about getting away from the end of the bridge as BG approached. Libby said something in reply about we can't the trails ends right there (paraphrasing). So yes at the very least Abby voiced wanting to move on up the trail, away from the bridge. Oh how I wished they just taken off thru those woods or people's property as he walked across. They would have had a head start and could have screamed their heads off if he dared to follow. It's so so sad. God Bless those two angels.

That, or they could have gotten down to the road and simply walked to Abby's home or a neighbor's house on C.R. 625.

They didn't know how close they were to Abby's house, according to interviews.

I wonder if the girls had contact with someone via internet somehow before this took place?

That, or they could have gotten down to the road and simply walked to Abby's home or a neighbor's house on C.R. 625.

They didn't know how close they were to Abby's house, according to interviews.
I have read there were people on the trail that day other kids even, how is it no one heard or saw them scream or run or anything?

It depends. They can do it with RL. But what if their suspect is a successful attorney? Or a local doctor having a successful attorney on a retainer? Would they, as you said, “hold him over the weekend, interviewing him with teams of detectives while he was sleep-deprived, to try to force a confession”? They know that they would be looking into several lawsuits, one against themselves, another against Carroll County, and the third, probably, against the State of Indiana.
they would need super strong evidence to bring that person in

So if they had mentioned a LE individual you would believe it?

Certainly not. My point was and is that having viewed all the LE pressers multiple times and watched/listened to most of their peripheral interviews I have never heard that. Had a connected LE name been given I'd have questioned it as being something I'd never heard them relay to the public. There continues to be wild speculation and unfounded accusations/information in this particular case so I feel even more keenly the need to focus on official, vetted sources.

There are video interviews of Abby and Libby's family members done by a man named Renner (can't recall his first name but the interviews are done in 360*). In one, Abby' mom talks about listening to some of the audio and her daughter commenting about getting away from the end of the bridge as BG approached. Libby said something in reply about we can't the trails ends right there (paraphrasing). So yes at the very least Abby voiced wanting to move on up the trail, away from the bridge. Oh how I wished they just taken off thru those woods or people's property as he walked across. They would have had a head start and could have screamed their heads off if he dared to follow. It's so so sad. God Bless those two angels.

I've never seen those before. James Renner. There are several in a series. Here is the playlist link:

Virtually a Detective - YouTube

Absolutely, if his motive was sexual. Then it is an Israel Keyes-type murderer, and I don’t understand the placidity of LE. The motive we don’t know.
Oddly (I'm wondering myself), I often think of a non-sexual offense in Delphi, more of something like contempt, humiliation, punishment, even hate of young females.

If I let wander my thoughts, there is a story. Maybe, my imagination could be less special; sorry for that in advance.
We spoke of truck drivers already ...
Father is a truck driver, has his job during childhood of his son. (Long haul) truck drivers are known for taking girls/woman on board for entertainment and because of boredom, not least because of the opportunity. Of course, not all truck drivers do this - noone here needs to defend the poor truck drivers; I know it: certainly there are many exceptions. My version of truck driver enjoys his trucking life in one or the other way.
Mother is sitting at home through these same years, feels overwhelmed by some children and cheated on by her trucker husband. Son is very sensitive and is suffering from the situation during the years.
When the son is grown to a teenager, his trucker father thinks, he has to make a tough man out of his son. Insensitive Macho, who he is, father proudly tells his son, in which way he himself had/has fun, when he was/is driving across country: taking teenagers (maybe run-aways) or in general young females with him into "nature" (parks, trails, lakes, creeks, bridges, truck stops).
One special day in his life this son needs a valve for his feelings for more than one single reason and starts to "avenge his mother" in an evil, angry way, feeling very relieved afterwards. Because the valve worked so well, the son compulsively has to do it once more, when times are rough for him, and once more .... , becoming well-known, notorious BG one day in 2017.
IMAGINATION only and spekulation, looking for the motive and looking for a non-sexual killing. May well be 100% ERROR on my part.

I have read there were people on the trail that day other kids even, how is it no one heard or saw them scream or run or anything?

Can I ask why it matters? Scream or no scream, nothing changes the fact that they were murdered that day.

Some people freeze when confronted with danger and cannot make a sound. Perhaps they did scream, others heard it, and it's just a detail LE hasn't chosen to release.

Perhaps you're trying to say that they didn't scream because they knew him or expected to meet him? I don't see how you can conclude this and rule out all the other factors up to and including, he simply told them not to scream or he would kill them.

At the back of my mind, I've wondered if he held them captive and killed them after the searchers left for the night.

jmo

According to the Down the Hill podcast and many other sources where family members were interviewed, after the "official" search ended, an unofficial search continued through the night.

According to the Down the Hill podcast and many other sources where family members were interviewed, after the "official" search ended, an unofficial search continued through the night.
Okay.

In the back of my mind, I wonder if he held them captive and killed them during the night/early morning hours and then displayed them before the bodies were found. Even if people searched all night long, the killer was hiding somewhere where the searchers were not.

My hunch is the bodies were "displayed" in some way - so he needed time to subdue, kill, display two bodies. I think they girls were restrained and captive for awhile.

Speculation only. imo. opinion. hunch.

Okay.

In the back of my mind, I wonder if he held them captive and killed them during the night/early morning hours and then displayed them before the bodies were found. Even if people searched all night long, the killer was hiding somewhere where the searchers were not.

My hunch is the bodies were "displayed" in some way - so he needed time to subdue, kill, display two bodies. I think they girls were restrained and captive for awhile.

Anything is possible I guess. Someday we will know, I hope, because that will mean a person is on trial for their murders.

Okay.

Problem is WE don't know but LE does. They'll know if the death happened where the girls were found and time of death. As much as we want to know, we won't until they catch the perp and he goes to court. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member