Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #122

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
. .
If we knew the cause of death, I think the motive would be apparent. For obvious reasons though, LE needs to keep it to themselves. Makes it harder on the public some would say, but I think it's the right thing to do.

I would respectfully disagree. Yesterday I was dreaming of different motives, at night. It could have been absolutely anything, some information they fished out of the Dark Web that could be incriminating to anyone. But could be sexual, too. That they could have been made look like sexual attack, I don’t discount, either.

Okay.

In the back of my mind, I wonder if he held them captive and killed them during the night/early morning hours and then displayed them before the bodies were found. Even if people searched all night long, the killer was hiding somewhere where the searchers were not.

My hunch is the bodies were "displayed" in some way - so he needed time to subdue, kill, display two bodies. I think they girls were restrained and captive for awhile.

Speculation only. imo. opinion. hunch.
BBM
This is what I have thought all along. Otherwise, it just seems like he wouldn't have had enough time to accomplish everything he did.
moo

Okay.

In the back of my mind, I wonder if he held them captive and killed them during the night/early morning hours and then displayed them before the bodies were found. Even if people searched all night long, the killer was hiding somewhere where the searchers were not.

My hunch is the bodies were "displayed" in some way - so he needed time to subdue, kill, display two bodies. I think they girls were restrained and captive for awhile.

Speculation only. imo. opinion. hunch.
LE has stated that the video recording is moments before the murder. Chilling video caught moments before double murder

BBM
This is what I have thought all along. Otherwise, it just seems like he wouldn't have had enough time to accomplish everything he did.
moo
LE has said the girls were killed on the day they disappeared soon after Libby made the BG video. Statement is somewhere within the accumulated interviews and press releases.

I know I sound like a broken record when I comment on this case. I am happy to see new posters on this forum as it shows there is still a lot of interest in seeing justice for Abby and Libby. I still feel that LE knows the who, when, why, where, etc of this crime. I think when they say "hiding in plain sight," they have to know who the killer is. Also, statements like "people will be shocked" when the perp is arrested. Have to know who. Since we learned from the shared article upthread that there is DNA and some type of fingerprint issue, this reinforces my belief. Undoubtedly the DNA and fingerprint is not that which can ensure a conviction. Either its degraded, insufficient, or can be explained away by a good defense attorney so that LE needs (probably) an alibi trashed. The only way to do this is for that one person (one tip away) to grow a conscience and backbone and trash it. I have followed other cases which take many, many years to bring to justice and hope this is not the case with these dear girls. This guy had time to do whatever it is he did that has made these veteran police officers emotionally involved in this case. As awful as it is to think about, this killer was in a frenzy.

Hi everyone. I was just reading about people social distancing while trail walking and virtual trail walking before hand and I wondered if there is somewhere you can virtually walk the bridge before hand?

I know I sound like a broken record when I comment on this case. I am happy to see new posters on this forum as it shows there is still a lot of interest in seeing justice for Abby and Libby. I still feel that LE knows the who, when, why, where, etc of this crime. I think when they say "hiding in plain sight," they have to know who the killer is. Also, statements like "people will be shocked" when the perp is arrested. Have to know who. Since we learned from the shared article upthread that there is DNA and some type of fingerprint issue, this reinforces my belief. Undoubtedly the DNA and fingerprint is not that which can ensure a conviction. Either its degraded, insufficient, or can be explained away by a good defense attorney so that LE needs (probably) an alibi trashed. The only way to do this is for that one person (one tip away) to grow a conscience and backbone and trash it. I have followed other cases which take many, many years to bring to justice and hope this is not the case with these dear girls. This guy had time to do whatever it is he did that has made these veteran police officers emotionally involved in this case. As awful as it is to think about, this killer was in a frenzy.

“Hiding in plain sight” is a common phrase often used to describe searching for something that can’t be found, but knowing the object has to be somewhere so I’m not so sure that’s indicative of LE knowing the identity of the killer. To me it states the opposite, they don’t know. It also supports the ask for tips, that “somebody knows this guy”....be alert, he’s somewhere. As opposed to literally “falling off the face of the earth” and never to be found, instead he’s “hiding in plain sight”. However that’s just my opinion and a good example of how different common phrases carry different meanings to various people.

But do you recall the source for “people will be shocked”? I’ve followed all the press conferences and media interviews since the beginning and the origin and context of this particular comment escapes me.

“Hiding in plain sight” is a common phrase often used to describe searching for something that can’t be found, but knowing the object has to be somewhere so I’m not so sure that’s indicative of LE knowing the identity of the killer. To me it states the opposite, they don’t know. It also supports the ask for tips, that “somebody knows this guy”....be alert, he’s somewhere. As opposed to literally “falling off the face of the earth” and never to be found, instead he’s “hiding in plain sight”. However that’s just my opinion and a good example of how different common phrases carry different meanings to various people.

But do you recall the source for “people will be shocked”? I’ve followed all the press conferences and media interviews since the beginning and the origin and context of this particular comment escapes me.

The "people will be shocked" quote is from Tobe Leazenby in the Carroll County Comet article from April 29th, 2020.

When I get time I will look for it. Yemelyan just posted the source. It is not the first time it has been mentioned.

The "people will be shocked" quote is from Tobe Leazenby in the Carroll County Comet article from April 29th, 2020.

This comment was made less than a week ago? Comet requires a subscription so I’m unable to read it. Or maybe you wouldn’t mind paraphrasing the context of the interview? If this was a recent comment it appears quite important.

This is a reference to the comment snipped from post #332, Oct, 2019 so it’s not a recent comment unless Leazenby said the same thing twice. I’m still curious about the origin and in what context he made this statement. As this crime has been unsolved for quite some time, I’m certain the community will be shocked (as well as released) when an arrest is finally made. But is that synonymous with people being shocked about his identity as LE has known all along exactly who is guilty, the meaning isn’t quite that clear IMO.
Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #114

“....... and recently in an interview with MVT states that the community will be shocked when an arrest is made, indicates to me they have someone in particular in mind. How does he know the community will be shocked?......”

I posted these screen shots here a few days ago.

This is the source of the recent 'community will be shocked' statement by T.L.
2nd screen shot.

"When an arrest is made, which he believes will happen, community members will likely be shocked at the identity of those arrested"

This is a link to my post with the link to the original post with the online article (which you must subscribe to.)

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #122

upload_2020-5-5_15-47-51.png
upload_2020-5-5_15-48-20.png

Thank you Bradforthsleuth. Any idea what date that quote is from?

This is a reference to the comment snipped from post #332, Oct, 2019 so it’s not a recent comment unless Leazenby said the same thing twice. I’m still curious about the origin and in what context he made this statement. As this crime has been unsolved for quite some time, I’m certain the community will be shocked (as well as released) when an arrest is finally made. But is that synonymous with people being shocked about his identity as LE has known all along exactly who is guilty, the meaning isn’t quite that clear IMO.
Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #114

“....... and recently in an interview with MVT states that the community will be shocked when an arrest is made, indicates to me they have someone in particular in mind. How does he know the community will be shocked?......”

I doubt the Comet reporter is quoting from anything put out by a YouTuber (as the aforementioned MVT is). The quotes in the April 29th article are presented as if they are all from a single, recent interview with Leazenby.

April 29, 2020

Okay thanks. I was trying to figure out how nearly 50,000 tips as referenced in Feb is now down to 40,000. But hopefully Sheriff Leazenby knows what he’s talking about although I notice his comments are carefully crafted with various “he believes” and “likely”, words usually used to preface one who’s offering an opinion. Particularly the one comment “he believes the perpetrator will likely be someone who is fairly well-known in the community” gives rise to the possibility he’s speculating considering he also believes the killer is familiar with the “lay of the land”.

Let’s hope he’s certain instead.

My tiny bit of doubt comes from the release of sketch #1, when LE announced they “believed” this was the suspect. Later they changed what they believed by announcing “the new direction”.

Anything is
“Hiding in plain sight” is a common phrase often used to describe searching for something that can’t be found,

He also states it during a question exchange beginning at the 6:18 mark in this telephone interview:

I doubt the Comet reporter is quoting from anything put out by a YouTuber (as the aforementioned MVT is). The quotes in the April 29th article are presented as if they are all from a single, recent interview with Leazenby.

I've just posted the link to an interview with MVT where the sheriff says it. For your convenience:

Also " the identity of those arrested"...those , indicating more, than one arrested.

again, where is the outrage? how can anyone be safe?

I ask of anyone, who has the slightest suspicion, that someone they know or love
even knows something about these murders...contact the FBI. more than likely they will hook you up with some cash and also make sure you are secure and have nothing to worry about.

you should rat this dude out. you shouldn't wait and hope he gets caught. you should do it so that the day you die, the face of the devil is not upon you.

mOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members