Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #122

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not really sure what determines the intensity of blue. Here’s a quick breakdown of eye color in my immediate family:
Me - blue
Brother - brown
Mom - blue
Dad - hazel
Paternal Grandfather - blue
Maternal Grandmother - brown
Maternal Grandfather - blue
Maternal Grandmother - blue

I just found this interesting article about how eye color is determined:
Your Blue Eyes Aren’t Really Blue

Blue eyes get their color the same way water and the sky get their blue color. They scatter light so that more blue light reflects back out.

The iris is made up of two layers. For almost everyone — even people with blue eyes — the back layer (called the pigment epithelium) has brown pigment in it.

The front layer of the iris is made up of overlapping fibers and cells. For people with brown eyes, some of the cells also have brown pigment in them. If there is no pigment at all in this front layer, the fibers scatter and absorb some of the longer wavelengths of light that come in. More blue light gets back out and the eyes appear to be blue.

For people with green or hazel eyes, one or both of the layers of the iris also has some light brown pigment in it. The light brown pigment interacts with the blue light and the eye can look green or speckled.

Since blue eyes get their color from the light that’s coming in and being reflected back out, they really can appear as different colors depending on the lighting conditions. Green and hazel eyes are a mixture of pigment color and color from scattered light, so they can also look different in different lighting conditions.

Yes, it is very cool. Blue eyes have no “blue color” in them, their blue is the example of “structure color”. It is due to scatter of the light in colloidal media, similar like Raleigh scattering makes the sky blue. Funny that blue eyes are often compared to blue sky.

And IRL, it is all melanin, more or less melanin in the eyes.

The most interesting thing, we all, blue-eyed people, are the descendants of one woman, who was born 10000-8000 years ago in the NW area of the Black Sea steppes. The mutation is in the area next to OCA2 gene, producing melanin. The mutation created a switch, downplaying production of melanin in the eyes. Scientists also found out that all studied blue-eyed people carried the same mutation, and that they were connected matrilineally. So the first blue-eyes person was a woman. As 8-10 K ago, people were in general darker-skinned, so against such skin, blue eyes looked stunning. ))) I often think about that ancient beauty and her life.

And that would only be during a hunting season and allowed by the land owner.

People question if anyone would have noticed gun shots near Deer Creek that day.

I found this video on Youtube. It is a man that goes hunting for snakes in the woods about 10:50 into the video you hear a gun shot in the distance and the man does not even take notice. Later in the video, 11:24/11:42 and there are more shots and still the man takes no notice.

If there were gunshots during the Delphi attack, I suspect anyone within hearing distance would ignore them just like this man does.

Good point. I don’t recall it ever stated who completed the first sketch but the sketch artist for the 2nd did state he didn’t complete the first in one of the interviews iirc. In my opinion the 1st sketch seemed too detailed as it almost looks like a black and white photo. To recreate a likeness from witnesses memory that sharp and distinct, with or without support of the grainy video, always seemed unusual to me. At one time I wondered if LE had collected security video of this character as well but then why not release the video “we want to talk to this person”. So that can’t be so, must’ve just been an overly detailed-orientated sketch artist IMO.

I realize now that I've been used to seeing a washed out version of that sketch which is more line drawing looking and lacking much detail so I went back and looked at the one they unveiled at the press conference and it is much more realistic. I wonder if the line drawing looking one was an early screen grab of when LE first unveiled the sketch and there was a lot of glare on it or a bad scan. I do remember having trouble seeing it at the PC when they turned the lights on after playing the video clip.

Thank you again for your excellent insights into the two sketches.

From the current FBI poster - eye colour is unknown.

BBM

“The person depicted in the composite sketch is described as a White male between 5'6" and 5'10", weighing 180 to 220 pounds, with reddish- brown hair. His eye color is unknown. The suspect is believed to be between 18 and 40 years old but may appear younger.“
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/liberty-german/download.pdf

Another detail -
“Investigators have distributed a photo (shown above) of a person observed on the Delphi Historic Trail. The photo appears to depict a White male wearing blue jeans, a blue coat/jacket, and a hoodie. During the course of the investigation, evidence has led investigators to believe the aforementioned person is suspected of being involved in the murders of Liberty German and Abigail Williams.”

The High Bridge Trail is on the opposite side of the highway, the easterly end piece so to speak of the lengthy Delphi Historic Trail system, to my understanding.

From the current FBI poster - eye colour is unknown.

BBM

“The person depicted in the composite sketch is described as a White male between 5'6" and 5'10", weighing 180 to 220 pounds, with reddish- brown hair. His eye color is unknown. The suspect is believed to be between 18 and 40 years old but may appear younger.“
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/liberty-german/download.pdf

Another detail -
“Investigators have distributed a photo (shown above) of a person observed on the Delphi Historic Trail. The photo appears to depict a White male wearing blue jeans, a blue coat/jacket, and a hoodie. During the course of the investigation, evidence has led investigators to believe the aforementioned person is suspected of being involved in the murders of Liberty German and Abigail Williams.”

The High Bridge Trail is on the opposite side of the highway, the easterly end piece so to speak of the lengthy Delphi Historic Trail system, to my understanding.

My opinion on this is they were familiar with the main trail and maybe the Gerard Trail, and the bridge, but not much else. There wouldn't be any real reasons for them to know the private properties which surround the area in question, unless they's been on them because they knew the land owners and had been there previously.

Thinking over the abduction right now, he had to get them not only off the bridge, but down the hill/berm. Now they would be trapped in a way, you have a private drive, and a piece of land along the south side of the creek where you're kind of trapped. Now they're down into the gorge, more, the only ways out are few and up hill.

Go ahead and look around, you have nowhere to go, really, and someone is pointing a gun at you.

JMO
I'm thinking a lot about my summer experiences on a grandparent's farm in the midwest. As I got into my teens I was bored with just hiking the farm property which only had 20 acres or so of crops, the rest of the few hundred acres was about a mix of pasture and woods, mostly woods. I got adventuresome and would go through fences and travel all over our side of the creek. Sometimes I even carried my .22 rifle. To be sure, in retrospect that was really dumb as I was trespassing, off the property with firearm where I could be arrested for hunting out of season or I could have been injured and no one would have known where to look. But I knew all of the terrain for 6 or 7 or more farm properties down the creek by the time I was high school age. And the wooded terrain was far easier to move through than the thick woods and marshes of east TX and north LA where I lived. And I never saw a poisonous snake - a far cry from TX and LA. I was never caught in several summers of doing this as the property owners really only did periodic checks on the sections with crops and only ventured onto woods/pasture land if they noticed a cow missing at the feed trough.

Not saying this killer was like me, but I've wondered about the possibility of such a person.

So this means this sighting of BG was on the opposite side of the highway?! I did not know this. And it is right from the FBI, so won't dispute that!

Reading that again, the wording seems ambiguous.

Investigators have distributed a photo (shown above) of a person observed on the Delphi Historic Trail.”

Did a witness observe the suspect on the Delphi Trail System, or was the suspect “observed” through analysis of Libby’s video on High Bridge which is part of the Delphi Trail System?

Because below is a web archive from Feb 15/18 featuring sketch #1, same sentence -

Investigators have distributed a photo (shown above) of a person observed on the Delphi Historic Trail. The photo appears to depict a White male wearing blue jeans, a blue coat/jacket, and a hoodie. During the course of the investigation, preliminary evidence has led investigators to believe the aforementioned person is suspected of being involved in the murders of Liberty German and Abigail Williams. “
UNKNOWN SUSPECT — FBI

I'm thinking a lot about my summer experiences on a grandparent's farm in the midwest. As I got into my teens I was bored with just hiking the farm property which only had 20 acres or so of crops, the rest of the few hundred acres was about a mix of pasture and woods, mostly woods. I got adventuresome and would go through fences and travel all over our side of the creek. Sometimes I even carried my .22 rifle. To be sure, in retrospect that was really dumb as I was trespassing, off the property with firearm where I could be arrested for hunting out of season or I could have been injured and no one would have known where to look. But I knew all of the terrain for 6 or 7 or more farm properties down the creek by the time I was high school age. And the wooded terrain was far easier to move through than the thick woods and marshes of east TX and north LA where I lived. And I never saw a poisonous snake - a far cry from TX and LA. I was never caught in several summers of doing this as the property owners really only did periodic checks on the sections with crops and only ventured onto woods/pasture land if they noticed a cow missing at the feed trough.

Not saying this killer was like me, but I've wondered about the possibility of such a person.
Your line of thinking and example seems consistent with LE speculations. This could very likely be someone who grew up in the area and moved to a neighboring town.

While some Perps are chaotic and random, I see this Perp as organized. With the organized types, I think dates and locations are significant, as well as many other factors only known to the Perp. They are playing out their warped fantasy.

The proximity to Valentines Day, as well as that specific location had significance to the cowardly Perp.
Speaking of cowards, I speculate someone besides the Perp absolutely knows who that location has significance for, and is remaining silent. They too have blood on their hands, and it won’t wash off. Karma’s a biotch.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I can only remember about the tree stand from Anthony Greeno's crime reenactment. I don't recall hearing about it anywhere else.

I remember seeing the video where posters noticed the platform in a tree. It reminded me of dilapidated remnants a long ago playhouse but what do I know. However I don’t recall it was ever officially confirmed to be a deer stand by anyone local.

Here's a link to a pic of it in the image thread.

Found Deceased - IN - IMAGE discussion re Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi

Your line of thinking and example seems consistent with LE speculations. This could very likely be someone who grew up in the area and moved to a neighboring town.

While some Perps are chaotic and random, I see this Perp as organized. With the organized types, I think dates and locations are significant, as well as many other factors only known to the Perp. They are playing out their warped fantasy.

The proximity to Valentines Day, as well as that specific location had significance to the cowardly Perp.
Speaking of cowards, I speculate someone besides the Perp absolutely knows who that location has significance for, and is remaining silent. They too have blood on their hands, and it won’t wash off. Karma’s a biotch.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Valentine's Day - there were a few speculations about the proximity to that day early on but not so much afterwards. It's a point I frequently forget about when looking at the case.

Sometimes property owners are very delinquent in checking out their property. I have a relative who owns some acreage a few hours away from where he lives; I don't think he's visited the property in at least ten years, possibly twenty. In a very rural area, someone could spend years exploring private property and never be caught.

Sometimes property owners are very delinquent in checking out their property. I have a relative who owns some acreage a few hours away from where he lives; I don't think he's visited the property in at least ten years, possibly twenty.
I had considered that BG could have been living in a barn, shed, or outbuilding in the area. Many land owners have outbuildings they haven’t opened in months or years.

I had considered that BG could have been living in a barn, shed, or outbuilding in the area. Many land owners have outbuildings they haven’t opened in months or years.

I mean, I have always thought that BG looked kinda dirty & derelict from the video, and it also still poses my question of why would he be out there on a random Monday.

FYI: The bodies of Priscilla Bienkowski and Sophia Hernandez, who disappeared last Wednesday, May 6th, from Utah Lake while going tubing, were found on Thursday May 14th. I brought this Utah Lake case up in the thread as a possible link to this case and the Evansdale, Iowa case.

Because it took almost 8 days to find the girls, even the families thought that there was the possibility they were kidnapped. It is a great example that shows you still need evidence to prove a point or link to another crime. Thinking something and proving it are two different things.

Even I have to admit that when I first sent in my tip in March 2017 about the case of Abigail Williams and Liberty German that I really believed it. I have sent my tip in again 4 times since then to various agencies. Obviously after this long it has been checked out.

I wonder how many people would say the same thing about their tips in this case.

I understand that many times people do not know what police know about a particular case. So we have to form opinions based on what we think. But the lesson here with this case and with any case really is try and prove your point with some sort of evidence. Or else all you are left with are possibilities.

Hi, I haven't posted on here In a while, although i have been checking for any updates. I got a picture of BG from google and started adding filters to it. I noticed in all of the edits, he seems the have something underneath his Jean's, below what is speculated to be a fanny pack. It looks like two balls underneath his Jean's on his leg. It sounds bizarre but I was thinking it could be some kind of weapon, does anyone know of a weapon with a ball on each end ? Also when adding the filters there appeared to be a dark circle at the front of his hat, if indeed it is a hat. The dark circle looks like it could be some kind of lenses. My last point to make, is that he definitely has a gun in his pocket and a plastic bag under his jacket, perhaps a change of clothes ?

I don't know, which eyecolor I have; I can't see it myself. The identity card says: blue-grey. My eyeshadow is always in the green sector and fits well. I will die one day and never have been able to know my eyecolor exactly. ;)

...And may it remain the biggest mystery in your life. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties