Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #122

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...And may it remain the biggest mystery in your life. ;)
Thank you, Charlot! :p A/L case is much more a mystery, unfortunately, and it is much more important for me to know finally, who the killer is (the killers are). My avatar is showing the suspect very clearly IMO, although no eye color is recognizable because of the black/white sketch and isn't required at all. MOO

Yep probably. I bet they have more sketches.

posting some pics of Freedom Bridge
Aerial Drone Photos of the Freedom Bridge in Delphi, Indiana

also a timelapse of the installation of Freedom bridge.

At the :45 mark, you can clearly see the CPS building in the lower right- hand corner of the frame. Great perspective at that time in the video, you see the raised earthen area on the west side of the highway, which is a parking area, the bridge now in place, and the trailhead on the east end of the bridge in the left part of the frame.

Great post, in fact it might be a good idea to put it in the videos/timeline/media/etc. thread.

Hi, I haven't posted on here In a while, although i have been checking for any updates. I got a picture of BG from google and started adding filters to it. I noticed in all of the edits, he seems the have something underneath his Jean's, below what is speculated to be a fanny pack. It looks like two balls underneath his Jean's on his leg. It sounds bizarre but I was thinking it could be some kind of weapon, does anyone know of a weapon with a ball on each end ? Also when adding the filters there appeared to be a dark circle at the front of his hat, if indeed it is a hat. The dark circle looks like it could be some kind of lenses. My last point to make, is that he definitely has a gun in his pocket and a plastic bag under his jacket, perhaps a change of clothes ?
bbm
The dark circle or maybe square I've seen also. It could be an emblem of some sort. (Pics, I have saved, are still on my broken laptop.)
The balls I haven't noticed so far.

I'm thinking a lot about my summer experiences on a grandparent's farm in the midwest. As I got into my teens I was bored with just hiking the farm property which only had 20 acres or so of crops, the rest of the few hundred acres was about a mix of pasture and woods, mostly woods. I got adventuresome and would go through fences and travel all over our side of the creek. Sometimes I even carried my .22 rifle. To be sure, in retrospect that was really dumb as I was trespassing, off the property with firearm where I could be arrested for hunting out of season or I could have been injured and no one would have known where to look. But I knew all of the terrain for 6 or 7 or more farm properties down the creek by the time I was high school age. And the wooded terrain was far easier to move through than the thick woods and marshes of east TX and north LA where I lived. And I never saw a poisonous snake - a far cry from TX and LA. I was never caught in several summers of doing this as the property owners really only did periodic checks on the sections with crops and only ventured onto woods/pasture land if they noticed a cow missing at the feed trough.

Not saying this killer was like me, but I've wondered about the possibility of such a person.
Just now I remember LE saying, they were onto something right at the beginning and are sure, they interviewed the right person early on. If they indeed interviewed BG as a witness, they would have asked for his alibi and for the reason, to be in that area at the time. I wonder, whether BG did name someone, who was the connecting link between BG and Delphi area or whether BG did not. If BG had named someone, the person would have been asked by LE for confirming the statement. Or did BG say, he is loving trails and old bridges and creeks and loves hiking all alone for his mental health? Wondering .....

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking about policemen as potential offenders.
This cop looks bigger, but it is in 2020, and I don’t know his height.
His anger, though, does not match anything
I have ever read about, this is illness. This is why he sounds suspicious. Just read...

Indianapolis cop allegedly beat wife so bad, her eye came ‘out of its socket’

The other officer is lighter and looks more like BG, he is an avid gun collector but his charge is stealing a gun which I can not link to Delphi crime

Two IMPD officers arrested in unrelated incidents

Last edited:
Hi, I haven't posted on here In a while, although i have been checking for any updates. I got a picture of BG from google and started adding filters to it. I noticed in all of the edits, he seems the have something underneath his Jean's, below what is speculated to be a fanny pack. It looks like two balls underneath his Jean's on his leg. It sounds bizarre but I was thinking it could be some kind of weapon, does anyone know of a weapon with a ball on each end ? Also when adding the filters there appeared to be a dark circle at the front of his hat, if indeed it is a hat. The dark circle looks like it could be some kind of lenses. My last point to make, is that he definitely has a gun in his pocket and a plastic bag under his jacket, perhaps a change of clothes ?

Do you mean something like nunchucks?

Can I ask. When they say 'popular with hunters.' Do they mean hunters are walking around the trails with families and children at the same time?
What are they hunting?
Would it be unusual to see people walking around with guns,Knives,kill kits in tandem with families/ youngsters enjoying the habitat?

I suppose this is where the US differs from the UK. We have country parks in idyllic settings. You may see the odd fisherman in amongst the families enjoying the park. But hunters? Definitely not. Someone walking about with a knife or a gun would send people into a blind panic!

Could the fact that hunting is a perfectly legitimate leisure activity in the states benefit the likes of people like BG as not many people raise suspicions when they see someone in possession of a weapon creeping around the area looking for things to kill?

There are all sorts of people out and about with logical reasons for a gun. Rabid animals, predators on four legs, vultures or poisonous snakes, that sort of thing.
Then there are those that shouldn't be out and about with a gun. Like poachers. I thought I mentioned it here, but it was in another thread.
Some poachers were on a military base (where they had no right to be, let alone be there armed) and a military police officer pulled up behind their car and all he got to say on the radio was that he was looking down the barrel of a rifle. They eventually found the MP, but he was beaten and left for dead. The poachers did not get caught.

At the :45 mark, you can clearly see the CPS building in the lower right- hand corner of the frame. Great perspective at that time in the video, you see the raised earthen area on the west side of the highway, which is a parking area, the bridge now in place, and the trailhead on the east end of the bridge in the left part of the frame.

Great post, in fact it might be a good idea to put it in the videos/timeline/media/etc. thread.

Good idea. Done.

Google images of "monkey ball weapon".

But whatever you do, don't just Google images of "monkey balls" like I did first. Puts you right off your breakfast.

:) seems they have been discreetly renamed into “monkey fist weapons”, lol. Illegal in several states.

“Weapons universe” is a site that has many interesting things.

A bit of history:

“monkey’s fist is a practical, as well as an attractive bit of marlinspike seamanship. These days, they often appear as decorative knots on keychains and jewelry.

But then what is a slungshot? Therein lies the tail. Sailors, just off a ship, having been paid off, on their way to the bars and brothels of a seaport, were natural targets for street thugs interested in relieving them of their hard-earned, if meager wages. Some sailors carried brass knuckles to defend themselves. Others could carry a monkey’s fist. Rather than having a heaving line attached, a sailor could slip his hand through the eye splice and use the monkey’s fist as an effective and dangerous club, capable of knocking out an attacker or even opening his skull, if wielded with enough force. The monkey’s fist as a weapon became known as a slungshot.

The slungshot had the advantage that it was easy to make, easy to conceal, silent to use, and could be lethal. After being used for self-defense by sailors, the street thugs were quick to adopt the slungshot as a weapon of their own. Abraham Lincoln’s most notable criminal trial occurred in 1858 when he successfully defended “Duff” Armstrong, on a charge of killing another with a slungshot.”

BG might be carrying a slungshot. Slungshot - Wikipedia

Last edited:
:) seems they have been discreetly renamed into “monkey fist weapons”, lol. Illegal in several states.

“Weapons universe” is a site that has many interesting things.

A bit of history:

“monkey’s fist is a practical, as well as an attractive bit of marlinspike seamanship. These days, they often appear as decorative knots on keychains and jewelry.

But then what is a slungshot? Therein lies the tail. Sailors, just off a ship, having been paid off, on their way to the bars and brothels of a seaport, were natural targets for street thugs interested in relieving them of their hard-earned, if meager wages. Some sailors carried brass knuckles to defend themselves. Others could carry a monkey’s fist. Rather than having a heaving line attached, a sailor could slip his hand through the eye splice and use the monkey’s fist as an effective and dangerous club, capable of knocking out an attacker or even opening his skull, if wielded with enough force. The monkey’s fist as a weapon became known as a slungshot.

The slungshot had the advantage that it was easy to make, easy to conceal, silent to use, and could be lethal. After being used for self-defense by sailors, the street thugs were quick to adopt the slungshot as a weapon of their own. Abraham Lincoln’s most notable criminal trial occurred in 1858 when he successfully defended “Duff” Armstrong, on a charge of killing another with a slungshot.”

BG might be carrying a slungshot. Slungshot - Wikipedia
A monkey fist still has use in the Navy. The boatswain mates use them to toss a small line over the side of the ship during the special sea and anchor detail. That small line is then used to haul the much larger line that is used to secure the ship to the pier.

The only such weapon that comes to mind are the bolas used by South American gauchos.
Bolas - Wikipedia

Do you think he may have had padding under his jacket to disguise his build?

On the topic of complexities, I’d expect officers had to go back and reinterview or reinvestigate everything this ex-Carroll County police officer was involved in if he was assigned the Delphi murders prior to August/17.

Former deputy pleads guilty | Carroll County Comet
More on this strange story

The probable cause affidavit was executed by Indiana State Police First Sgt. Jerry Holeman. The document explains Delphi Officer Colin Deckard and Deputy Drew Yoder were at the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department when Adam Smith, came running toward them and said a male inside of the Office Tavern in Delphi was propositioning his wife, Donnis, for sex. Smith said the person was a white male wearing a red United States Marine corps hat with the name “Dunning” on it. Smith said the man at the bar also said he was a law enforcement officer for the county.

Bar incident turns into charges for county deputy | Carroll County Comet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member