Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #123

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From "A New Path":

A video captured on Libby’s phone shows him walking toward the girls, and on a later recording he says, “Guys, down the hill.”

bbm

Is this accurate? I've never seen anything to prove the video and audio didn't occur at the same time (or very close in time).

I’d never noticed it confirmed “guys, down the hill” was one intact, single phrase.

But as for “later recording”, the video of the man on the bridge was taken from 70 or so feet away maybe the writer is just indicating the audio recording was later (as opposed to previous), when the suspect was close enough to Libby in order for her cellphone to capture his voice. We know the video wasn’t recorded concurrently with the audio, although those who aren’t familiar with the case might assume so.

Last edited:
Both maps are extremely helpful; thank you!

@Falling Down - can you refresh my memory? I cannqot recall if you crossed the bridge?

I'm just curious if the gravel road can be viewed from the bridge, or from across Deer Creek? Is it a plausible theory BG may have parked there to conceal his identity, and or get away quickly?

I didn't cross it.

It appears, according to videos and still photos, that the driveway is easily seen at the SE end of the bridge.

LE have not asked about vehicles parked on the driveway that day, so I don't think there's any eyewitness information indicating a vehicle was there.

BG would have had to re-cross the creek, using either the bridge or the creek itself, to get to a vehicle there.

JMO

I’d never noticed it confirmed “guys, down the hill” was one intact, single phrase.

But as for “later recording”, the video of the man on the bridge was taken from 70 or so feet away maybe the writer is just indicating the audio recording was later (as opposed to previous), when the suspect was close enough to Libby in order for her cellphone to capture his voice. We know the video wasn’t recorded concurrently with the audio, although those who aren’t familiar with the case might assume so.

LE have stated, and I believe family members have stated, there are many minutes of audio, plus the 1.5 sec. or thereabouts amount of video.

JMO

Yes, you and I are thinking alike on this. After endless discussion about sometimes ridiculous things , why do we hear crickets about this SUV?
And just to add a little to the confusion is this also the same vehicle that LE wanted to know if anyone had seen that day at the abandoned CPS building? Possibly LE throwing out an extra clue via Kelsi to spark someone’s memory?! IMO
We don’t know whether anyone reported seeing the vehicle but why else is this bread crumb being tossed now? If it is the same car why not have given the info years ago instead instead of waiting 3 years allowing witnesses plenty of time to forget and/or question the details. Car info would have been better than than the video and sketch at that point and certainly easy enough to question the owner or anyone who had access to driving it that day. Much easier to clear someone with the car than the absolute nothing we have going on now.
IMO

Kelsi was 17, I think, when the crime happened. People misspeak, forget, remember, misquote, get simple information wrong. It does not mean anything. Remember the human factor. We do not always get everything correct. Maybe we remember things later on or not at all.

I know I have misspoken about things numerous times without meaning to. Or I remember something later that I did not remember initially. Or I did not remember something that everyone else thought I should remember.

She seems very truthful to me.
It’s also possible that Kelsi met with a hypnotist in order to retrieve any information. IMO

It’s also possible that Kelsi met with a hypnotist in order to retrieve any information. IMO

I hope not, that’s not very reliable.

Hypnosis and memory retrieval
Using hypnosis to extract hidden or vague memories may not be reliable. Although there is a widespread belief that hypnosis produces accurate memories, researchers found that hypnosis does not work well as a memory-recovery method. In addition, people who have been hypnotized tend to feel confident that their memories are accurate, contributing to the persistence of false memories.
Hypnosis

The conversation regarding KG's comment in the latest article (regarding black SUV with window decals), has been very interesting. Lots of great thoughts and theories.

I have noticed that there have been little tidbits of new information released in the last few interviews with family, D.C., RI, etc. The podcasts revealed quite a bit of new info, IMO. Scene of the Crime, Down the Hill, news articles, and Tricia's YouTube video with BP (I'll link below for those who were unable to watch). I can't help but wonder if this is intentional? I must admit if it is intentional, it is a great way to get information out without having another PC that causes public confusion. So many individuals releasing new information just seems a little too suspicious to me- can't be that many little "slips" can there? Who knows; I might be totally off base!

And just to add a little to the confusion is this also the same vehicle that LE wanted to know if anyone had seen that day at the abandoned CPS building? Possibly LE throwing out an extra clue via Kelsi to spark someone’s memory?! IMO
We don’t know whether anyone reported seeing the vehicle but why else is this bread crumb being tossed now? If it is the same car why not have given the info years ago instead instead of waiting 3 years allowing witnesses plenty of time to forget and/or question the details. Car info would have been better than than the video and sketch at that point and certainly easy enough to question the owner or anyone who had access to driving it that day. Much easier to clear someone with the car than the absolute nothing we have going on now.
IMO

LE haven't shared any description of a vehicle.

I find it frustrating, considering other cases had vehicle descriptions shared with the public within weeks or months.

My hunch is C.R. 300 is so seldomly traveled during hours that most people are at work, few people would have remembered a vehicle at the CPS building that day.

Could the killer have moved a vehicle? Maybe. My hunch for some time was maybe BG parked at the CPS building, then moved the vehicle to the cemetery. Now I'm of the opinion that doesn't make sense, he would have needed to park a vehicle where, chances are, nobody or few other people would park, and people driving by wouldn't take notice of a non-descript vehicle.He had enough on his plate, he needed to simplify things as much as possible, despite the plan/fantasy being somewhat elaborate.

I keep going back to how often anyone was on the trails before the murders, plus you have to factor in it was a regular work day for most people.

Just thinking out loud...

JMO

A couple things I’ve been thinking...I’m still catching up on all posts, but...
LE says BG is probably local...from evidence at the scene alone and not any POI information, I think they would come to this conclusion because BG knew the land beyond the trails. They probably have a very good idea what his movements looked like after the murders. There would be broken branches and some evidence of walking off trails. It makes me wonder if he’d been walking off path other days, imagining the crime, running off the path to create a mental map.
Additionally, I was listening to the audio that Abby had recorded. It was on a loop, so I ended up hearing it way more than I had intended. The words started to sound more “parsed” to me, like snippets of a larger dialogue. I wonder if he’d been asking for help to get something that was lost, down the hill? Then the “guys” part. Who’s to say it wasn’t the word “disguise”? It just sounds cut off at the beginning. I know it’s reaching, but I feel something is missing.

Weren’t the witnesses on the trail possibly hypnotized? Anyone?

I just took a quick peek in the media thread and could not find any articles pertaining to hypnosis using the search function. I remember discussion about it, though (couldn't find that either :confused:). I believe the information may have been from one of the local posters?? Sorry I'm not more helpful. o_O

Kelsi was 17, I think, when the crime happened. People misspeak, forget, remember, misquote, get simple information wrong. It does not mean anything. Remember the human factor. We do not always get everything correct. Maybe we remember things later on or not at all.

I know I have misspoken about things numerous times without meaning to. Or I remember something later that I did not remember initially. Or I did not remember something that everyone else thought I should remember.

She seems very truthful to me.

When Elizabeth Smart was kidnapped her younger sister was in the bedroom. She saw the kidnapper but it was months before she remembered he was a homeless person who had done work for them.

I think sometimes a person can be traumatized and just not remember everything right away. Maybe that is what happened to Kelsi.

When Elizabeth Smart was kidnapped her younger sister was in the bedroom. She saw the kidnapper but it was months before she remembered he was a homeless person who had done work for them.

I think sometimes a person can be traumatized and just not remember everything right away. Maybe that is what happened to Kelsi.

Yes. And also, she seemed to me to be giving it as an example of the kind of thing that memory changes, not just for her but for everybody, and kicking herself for not noticing more about it. The way she phases it, I think it's entirely possible that they know who owns the van and who was in it, because that's not relevant to her point.

She's pretty insightful about these things. I'm always impressed by her thoughts.

bbm
I wonder if it is something KG has talked to the police about, but for investigative reasons they were not able to respond. Remember, they cannot tell the family everything. So the police may have cleared this car, but KG doesn't know that. So she's mentioning it because she's always wondered about it.

Or, it is strategic on LE's part, and they wanted KG to mention it. I think that's less likely though, I don't know if they would use KG to do something like that.

The main reason I brought up the article and what KG said is because I was so surprised that it seemed to be ignored here. We've talked about every teeny tiny detail of the case, including the bizarre (my favorite is "I see Sasquatch in the trees") and gone on and on about everything. So I was really more interested in the dynamics of the thread here and the responses, than to what KG actually said about the car. In addition to cases themselves, thread dynamics are very interesting to me. ;)
I posted the article Thursday evening there was some discussion but Kelsi mentioned the SUV before in a podcast I do not remember which one. Also way back in July 2017 truthtellers has a post about a Kelsi saw “man in a white SUV”at the drop off spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme