Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #124

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can make your account totally private and then followers have to request to follow and see what you post. However, for a lot of people this defeats the purpose of Instagram because unlike Facebook, where you tend to share your day to day activity, Instagram is more about sharing carefully curated images. For example, if you were going on vacation you might post several times on Facebook "currently packing! Can't wait to be at the beach!" "Which swimsuit should I take, A or B?" "Finally at the airport!" And then beach selfies. On Instagram, you would probably not share all this info, you would just post one highly edited ocean photo and a short caption "beach life!"

Many of her followers definitely could have been people who followed in the immediate aftermath of her death. As for those who she followed, it's likely many of the 407 were businesses and celebrities and not regular personal accounts.

Unlike Snapchat and other similar apps, on Instagram there is no expectation that your private messages or comments, even if deleted by you, are gone forever.
bbm
Would be very important to know, I think. MOO

I not sure what more you think LE could be doing. It must be very difficult for people living in Delphi, not only because of the unsolved murders but also being placed in the spotlight of the location of a high profile crime. But rather than living in fear, moving forward with their lives is what they must do and that IMO is a great example of a strong, resilient community.

Ladd said fear is still present in Delphi, but it's not preventing people from living their lives.

"We're suspicious, but we're still moving forward," Ladd said. "We're going to complete the park for Abby and Libby. We're going to keep our eyes open. But we're going to keep moving forward."...”

Delphi murders: After 3 years, police say case isn't cold
It really is disconcerting that after 3 1/2 years this case remains unresolved. It was a heinous crime involving the murder of not one but two minor children in broad daylight in a public area, and the fact that the person who did this that day remains unapprehended is deeply disturbing.

I recall watching one of those true crime cases shows a couple of years ago that had been uploaded to YouTube. A teen girl had been abducted from her own driveway in broad daylight. Her remains were found sometime later. Not only were the police unable to solve it, but they actually made arrests which were wrong and the people had to be released.

Finally it was turned over to an outsider, a female cold case detective. She solved it right away. Turns out the suspect was right under their noses, but a tip hadn’t been followed up on enough. This woman caught the connection immediately. Wish similar could be done here.

It’s possible. We don’t really know when he revealed his true intentions; he may have tried to seem friendly initially.

I wonder how much there is in the audio, that LE knows (whereas we have to continue speculating.)

And recall what the Sheriff said: Could it be due to things in the full audio? :

When asked about why he said there was no danger to the public he said he had a feeling then and still does now that this incident was isolated to the victims and not an ongoing threat to public.

I've always had the belief the girls may have been ordered "down the hill", resulting in a somewhat frantic maneuver down that slope, under duress, through the woods, crossing the creek, eventually to the crime scene. Maybe an escape attempt made by them, maybe just walking, under threat of knife or gun.

But what if that was not the case?

I am just jumping in here after quite awhile with a random thought, sorry! I still feel so frustrated that there is a VIDEO and AUDIO of BG, in a small Indiana town, and no arrest. I live in almost a neighboring state and the majority of my friends don't know about the case. I think there needs to be a giant media push on something like Tiktok that is all about watching videos and can reach millions quickly. Someone should make an attention grabbing video and get that bridge video exposed to more people! The younger generation are not watching HLN at 2pm with their press conferences. Reach out to them...perhaps an 18 yr old that spends all day on Tiktok and has zero knowledge of this case will recognize him an uncle, cousin, teacher, coach, etc. Does anybody know anybody with a high following or great editing skills that could get a video out there?

It really is disconcerting that after 3 1/2 years this case remains unresolved. It was a heinous crime involving the murder of not one but two minor children in broad daylight in a public area, and the fact that the person who did this that day remains unapprehended is deeply disturbing.

I recall watching one of those true crime cases shows a couple of years ago that had been uploaded to YouTube. A teen girl had been abducted from her own driveway in broad daylight. Her remains were found sometime later. Not only were the police unable to solve it, but they actually made arrests which were wrong and the people had to be released.

Finally it was turned over to an outsider, a female cold case detective. She solved it right away. Turns out the suspect was right under their noses, but a tip hadn’t been followed up on enough. This woman caught the connection immediately. Wish similar could be done here.
I think it was in early 2018, ISP had Georgia's state crime investigators and FBI review the Delphi case.

I've always had the belief the girls may have been ordered "down the hill", resulting in a somewhat frantic maneuver down that slope, under duress, through the woods, crossing the creek, eventually to the crime scene. Maybe an escape attempt made by them, maybe just walking, under threat of knife or gun.

When the killer is arrested, unless he confesses, it’s a good thing the prosecution isn’t required to prove the actual sequence of events beyond what they suggest is their theory since only what’s required is the killer be found guilty of committing the homicides beyond reasonable doubt. Some of the details in-between may never be factually proven but that’s probably a good thing, especially for the families of the victims who are forced to endure hearing about the last moments of their loved one’s young lives during a trial.

I have said before, if I was a family member I would have lost patience with investigators long ago. I would have hired a private detective even if I had to work three jobs to pay for it.

I simply don’t understand the patience that Abby and Libby’s families have with this investigation.

I have said before, if I was a family member I would have lost patience with investigators long ago. I would have hired a private detective even if I had to work three jobs to pay for it.

I simply don’t understand the patience that Abby and Libby’s families have with this investigation.
I did see a quote in an article where Abby’s mother said her greatest fear now is that 10 years from now, it will still remain an unsolved crime. Yes, a private investigator, especially if being paid well, would probably be a real go-getter. I imagine people would donate to a Fundraiser page for that purpose.

On the other hand, how many cases statistically have been solved by private investigators? In the Skylar Neese case, even with the FBI on it, it was only solved when one of the girls cracked and confessed.

Last edited:
I did see a quote in an article where Abby’s mother said her greatest fear now is that 10 years from now, it will still remain an unsolved crime. Yes, a private investigator, especially if being paid well, would probably be a real go-getter. I imagine people would donate to a Fundraiser page for that purpose.

I’m imagining a PI firm being overwhelmed with 50,000 tips! But unless the family has one or more prime suspects in mind, the problem would be a PI wouldn’t be given access to any crime scene evidence, the full video/audio, any DNA, witness statements or more than 3 years of investigative files. JMO PIs are more successful with missing persons investigations or situations involving undetermined deaths. Otherwise they’re essentially going into homicide cases blindfolded when critical information is withheld by LE to protect the integrity of the investigation.

I’d assume this is why the family really has no option but to place faith that LE will indeed get that one tip, the piece of the puzzle they need to proceed with charges.
JMO

Last edited:
Sorry to bring up old stuff, but it’s been extremely hard catching up here with such a volume of material on 124 threads:

How/when was Paul Etter ruled out in the Delphi murders?

Don’t mean to veer off-topic here, but I had another question that arose from reading through many of the prior threads here.

In a previous thread someone had said that she always had an intuitive sense that these 2 young girls being up there on a rickety bridge that leads to a dead end was somehow very odd, and that most
I’m imagining a PI firm being overwhelmed with 50,000 tips! But unless the family has one or more prime suspects in mind, the problem would be a PI wouldn’t be given access to any crime scene evidence, the full video/audio, any DNA, witness statements or more than 3 years of investigative files. JMO PIs are more successful with missing persons investigations or situations involving undetermined deaths. Otherwise they’re essentially going into homicide cases blindfolded when critical information is withheld by LE to protect the integrity of the investigation.

I’d assume this is why the family really has no option but to place faith that LE will indeed get that one tip, the piece of the puzzle they need to proceed with charges.
JMO

I totally agree with this and it saddens me. As much as I would like somebody other than ISP and the local police to take the lead on this case, I’m pretty sure ISP and the local police would never cooperate with them so it’s probably a moot point. How sad that the only option the families have is sitting back and watching nothing happen in this case. I have always felt that the only reason Holly Bobo’s killer’s were brought to justice was because her family consistently called out Tennessee LE for not doing enough.

Sorry to bring up old stuff, but it’s been extremely hard catching up here with such a volume of material on 124 threads:

How/when was Paul Etter ruled out in the Delphi murders?

Officially, he hasn't been. After he killed himself, investigators requested his DNA post-mortem as well as his autopsy report. But they never said he was "covered" or cleared.

The interesting thing is that it seems Etter was already being looked at as a possible suspect before he committed the rape of the 26 year old Delphi woman and went on the run. Tobe Leazenby told the Journal & Courier newspaper that he had been tipped previously and that Etter was already on a list of possible suspects that they had.

However, since it has been a long time and no news yet, most people speculate that LE has moved on from him.

Anybody else ever consider that "guys" is not used in the same sentence as the words "down the hill" in the recording, or that "down the hill" was NOT a directive?

Sorry, a long post. I'm not very good at being succinct!

I think it's separate. I think it could something along the lines of "Guys, do your parents know you're on the bridge", or "Guys, you shouldn't be on the bridge, it's dangerous." At which point Abby and Libby look around and see how steep it is and/or have always gone back across the bridge and say "How do we get back from here?" His reply is "Down the hill".

If they did recognise him, or just followed his instructions because he's older than them and is a sort of authority figure, they could have reluctantly, but willingly gone down the hill. It may be that he didn't start the attack until they were at the bottom of the hill. At that point it was much easier to control the situation.

It's occurred to me that, despite filming BG, the girls could have felt more comfortable at this point. This would work particularly well if they did know him, or if he did look like the sketch of the younger man. If he did, then he's relatively attractive and it wouldn't be that surprising if the girls consequently dropped their guard.

Could he have pretended to hurt himself going down the slope? The girls could have felt compelled to help him. He could then could have grabbed Abby and put a knife or gun at, for example Abby's throat, or even knocked her out. If this happened, the shock would possibly silence Libby, long enough for him to tell her if she screams he will kill Abby.

Some of you may think this sounds unlikely. But I am 40 and if I was in the scenario I have described, I would be very likely to do just what I have suggested Libby and Abby did. Not because I trust everyone, but out of politeness. That sounds ridiculous and maybe it's because I'm English and we're renowned for our manners, but I think it's possible that this happened.

One final thing to mention. If I have understood things accurately, everyone else who has admitted to be at the trails that day was local. Maybe Abby and Libby had never seen anyone there, on any of their visits, who wasn't local. I live in a reasonably small place (though larger than Delphi) and I have a sort of assumption of trust regarding people round here.

If I was 20 miles from home I would be more on my guard, but at nearby beauty spots, I would feel safer. It's a combination of a familiar place, years of visits, always seeing locals and the fact that nothing bad has ever happened there. I'm really not as naive as I sound, but round here strangers say hello and exchange a few words. Remember Cheyanne said hello to BG. My final thought is that did BG look at her in a scary way because he didn't want to be seen, or is he not used to complete strangers saying hello? If it's the latter, I'd guess he doesn't live locally. It's simplistic, but sometimes things aren't as complicated as we try to make them.

JMO MOO

I found this the other day, new out of Duke University, very interesting.

Artificial Intelligence Makes Blurry Faces Look More Than 60 Times Sharper

From your link.....”the system scours AI-generated examples of high-resolution faces, searching for ones that look as much as possible like the input image when shrunk down to the same size...”.

The outcome would be dependant on the compatibles. How would it ever be known if accurate comparibles were used without knowing the identity of the suspect? Given the two very different sketches released of the possible suspect, I think that would prove very problematic.

What if he had said, “Hey guys, there is a mother dog with tiny puppies over there, just down the hill.” Or, “Did one of you guys lose a dog? It looks lost, I can show you where it is...”

It could have been many things, but as an animal lover I can tell you I totally would have fallen for that as a teenager.

Officially, he hasn't been. After he killed himself, investigators requested his DNA post-mortem as well as his autopsy report. But they never said he was "covered" or cleared.

The interesting thing is that it seems Etter was already being looked at as a possible suspect before he committed the rape of the 26 year old Delphi woman and went on the run. Tobe Leazenby told the Journal & Courier newspaper that he had been tipped previously and that Etter was already on a list of possible suspects that they had.

However, since it has been a long time and no news yet, most people speculate that LE has moved on from him.
Thanks so much.
I hope that’s the case.
It would be terrible if it really were him, because:
1. He wouldn’t be brought to earthly account for his horrific crime against these 2 Delphi children.
2. If it’s him and they’ve moved on, the case will remain unsolved.
I’m assuming and hoping they were meticulous before they moved on.
Etter bore an uncanny likeness to Sketch #1.

<modsnip>
In two days, it will be eight years since the Evansdale murders of Lyric and Elizabeth took place at Seven *Bridges* Park. I hadn't looked at this case in a long time, but did so today. The similarities between the Evansdale case and the Monon High *Bridge* murders of Libby & Abby can not be ignored.

The children went out approx the same time of day
The incidences occurred on the 13th of the month
The destination had a *bridge*
Both from small towns under population of 5K
In the same age group, and *they look alot alike....they really do*
And....there are many other similarities many of you have posted previously

But here's the clincher for me. Meat packing. If you look at Evansdale, it is a HUB for meat packing, with a prominent truck route running between Evansdale and Delphi. We know, of course, there is a meat packing plant in Delphi.

There is just *way too much going on here between these two cases to ignore*. Way too much...

13. Bridges. Two sets of two girls. Meat packing. Truck route.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members