Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #127

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they did not run because they were young and didn't have complete confidence in their instinct that he was coming after them. To me he is looking purposely nonchalant in the video, looking down, hands in pocket, trying to be unassuming. All they knew is that they were trapped and isolated with a man approaching and it was scary enough that Libby wanted him on record. Ugh, I can feel the terror just typing it. But they grappled with whether he was truly after them and he played them by not paying attention until he was close enough to be in control. I almost wish Libby had not filmed him because sometimes looking through a screen can take you out of the moment a bit. I so wish they had just followed their gut and taken off screaming down that hill while they were ahead of him - but honestly, for young girls, that would be a very bold move to basically accuse an adult of bad intentions loudly and publicly before he had said or done anything. I feel they just froze and hoped for the best.

I also failed to mention that, "Guys," was released in conjunction with the second sketch, implying a younger offender. Now I know this sketch was based on eyewitness testimony, but the polarizing sketches coupled with, what I view are two separate voices, didn't occur by coincidence. Either LE has no idea, or they suspect there are multiple offenders. Think about it, and think about any pre-teens you know, boys or girls, who wouldn't run. They had the time, as well as several avenues of escape, on the east end on the bridge. Who knows? The girls could have taken off, explaining the trek through the creek in February, and he either caught them or had the second offender lying in wait on the east side. I don't think the girls would have stayed on the bridge if BG was alone, and I don't think he would have caught them on his best day due to the terrain he was dealing with, along with the head start the girls would have had. Highly speculative, I know, but this isn't my first rodeo and I'm following the evidence available. [Something I don’t understand though, is WHY did LE leave all that noise in between the guys and down the hill? I think I recall Carter saying the two phrases aren’t necessarily connected. It’s pretty loud and distracting to me and I can only think it was intentionally left/put there. Does it mean something to someone who knows BG? Is it their footsteps? Blurred out voices of Abigail and/or Liberty? They have the capability to remove it but it’s there for a reason. What that reason is, I don’t know.

Also, at the april 2019 PC, Carter made it seem like the additional audio they were going to release was a much bigger deal than the “guys” turned out to be. I think “guys” is the most important part, whether that’s because it is a second voice or maybe it sounds more like the rest of the audio they have, thus giving a better representation of his real voice. MOO
[/QUOTE]

I have a 15 year old and a 13 year old; neither would run. Even the one who is independent, mouthy, and confrontational would obey his commands if he said he had a gun. Thinking of their friends who run the spectrum of good, polite kid to has trouble with authority, I really think they’d be paralyzed with fear for a few moments and by then he’d be practically on top of them. If he had physical control of one girl and told the other he’d hurt her if she ran, both girls would stay together. Imo.

I think they did not run because they were young and didn't have complete confidence in their instinct that he was coming after them. To me he is looking purposely nonchalant in the video, looking down, hands in pocket, trying to be unassuming. All they knew is that they were trapped and isolated with a man approaching and it was scary enough that Libby wanted him on record. Ugh, I can feel the terror just typing it. But they grappled with whether he was truly after them and he played them by not paying attention until he was close enough to be in control. I almost wish Libby had not filmed him because sometimes looking through a screen can take you out of the moment a bit. I so wish they had just followed their gut and taken off screaming down that hill while they were ahead of him - but honestly, for young girls, that would be a very bold move to basically accuse an adult of bad intentions loudly and publicly before he had said or done anything. I feel they just froze and hoped for the best.

I wish I could “like” this a million times! Totally agree!

Good post. Yes that is what I am saying that we are too polite and we give people the benefit of the doubt. We don't want to accuse someone or offend them. I know it doesn't bring these sweet girls back, but if we knew how he lured them, entrapped them, we could educate our girls and women so they don't fall victim to these killers.

Agreed. And imo, these were good girls, taught to be polite and respect adults, if he said he was police or an authority figure they probably believed him. One big reason I think he is older. I don’t see a 20-something man who may appear younger having the same ability to control them. He’d seem more like a peer than an adult. As a grown woman who knows to trust my gut there have been times I questioned myself and could have put myself in harms way out of fear of insulting someone.

Doesn't anyone wonder why LE didn't just give us the whole video? They only pieced together the three frames into walking motion after Gray Hughes did it. What are they hiding that is in the video?

I think maybe that's all the video they have and it was an in motion video (like she didn't hold it still right at him in order not to be obvious, so maybe the rest is trees and sky?). But yes, I see what you are saying about why did LE not show him walking much earlier.

Last edited:
Doesn't anyone wonder why LE didn't just give us the whole video? They only pieced together the three frames into walking motion after Gray Hughes did it. What are they hiding that is in the video?

I don’t know if I would categorize it as hiding something in the video but I certainly have wondered too why the short little clip. I’ve been wondering if there is a lot less video than we think. I doubt Libby filmed him walking the entire bridge. Maybe there’s only a couple seconds more and the part we saw is the clearest part. Who knows.

I have a 15 year old and a 13 year old; neither would run. Even the one who is independent, mouthy, and confrontational would obey his commands if he said he had a gun. Thinking of their friends who run the spectrum of good, polite kid to has trouble with authority, I really think they’d be paralyzed with fear for a few moments and by then he’d be practically on top of them. If he had physical control of one girl and told the other he’d hurt her if she ran, both girls would stay together. Imo.[/QUOTE]

Yep and you know that is what he did. He used their loyalty against them. One wasn't going to risk the other getting killed if they didn't obey.

Well I think because you don't want the family to see what happened. Once you see it, you can't unsee it. Trust me on this. LE released enough to give you a good look as they got of him and his voice.

I don’t know if I would categorize it as hiding something in the video but I certainly have wondered too why the short little clip. I’ve been wondering if there is a lot less video than we think. I doubt Libby filmed him walking the entire bridge. Maybe there’s only a couple seconds more and the part we saw is the clearest part. Who knows.
My guess is Libby was pretending to record Abby, or she truly was and caught him in the background. That’s why its such a blurry shot: he’s not close enough for a clear view. I think the few seconds we’ve seen are all that doesn’t have one of the girls in it. Abby’s arm or head may have popped up, resulting in LE only releasing the two non connected shots, and then Libby put the phone in her pocket. LE have said Libby was the one who recorded and how else would they know that unless Abby was in the video?

My guess is Libby was pretending to record Abby, or she truly was and caught him in the background. That’s why its such a blurry shot: he’s not close enough for a clear view. I think the few seconds we’ve seen are all that doesn’t have one of the girls in it. Abby’s arm or head may have popped up, resulting in LE only releasing the two non connected shots, and then Libby put the phone in her pocket. LE have said Libby was the one who recorded and how else would they know that unless Abby was in the video?
It was Libby's phone and IIRC wasn't it recovered in water? Or it was damaged in some way? I think I remember that; it was maybe all they could get off of it? I am grateful for what they got, it will convict him in the end.

I always wondered if Abby had a phone and he took it, but couldn't find Libby's phone. You know it was a huge mistake that he didn't find it and take it. Look at what LE knows from this!

It was Libby’s phone and all LE has said is they recovered it a short distance from the scene. It has never been confirmed exactly where it was, how damaged it may have been or if the video was recovered from the actual device or the cloud. Abby did not have a phone, per her mother.

Imagine if BG yanked a 12 ga. sawed off shotgun out from under that jacket of his and racked that thing one time, just prior to saying 'down the hill'.

That'd be enough to gain full compliance from darn near anybody.

I don't think this guy is out of shape, or old. Heck, I'm 61 years old and can run rings around a whole lotta people, including those much younger than I.

Heck just today I cleared 3 driveways of snow, including a hundred feet or more of sidewalk, walked over 2 miles, and rode my bike to the post office :)

I seriously don't think BG is 61. I think he's closer to 30, and athletic.

All opinion of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member