Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #129

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I emailed the editor back and asked if there would be another PC, she said no. I then asked how the questions would be answered if there wasn't another PC and Debbie Lowe from Carroll County replied with:

I am compiling the written questions and will give them to the Sheriff to answer in writing. I decided I do not want a back and forth with him and I don't want to try to interpret his answers. That being said, we have received a whole lot of questions and I think we now have a 2-part story of his answers. I have not given the Sheriff the questions yet, but I have 8 pages of them so far. So, that's my plan at 11:20am on Friday.

But we, (the editor and myself) will discuss the situation before a final decision is made. There are other things going on this weekend (maybe) that i'd like to include in the story. There is a two-part program being aired this weekend that I would like to include content from. And there is a team of investigators (cold case team) that have contacted the paper and asked me to go with them to the bridge and then told me Kelsi doesn't want any media at the bridge, to which I replied 'this is still the United States of America'.

I dont know where that stands. Plus, these people are from Atlanta, Georgia
and I bet they don't know much about snow or 5 degree weather like we are going to get on Sunday.

Hope that answers your question

Debbie

END OF EMAIL

Seems interesting doesn't it! Anyone got any questions for her and i'll reply back??

We don’t know if they were sexually assaulted, but if they were, I consider that an outcome. The motivation for a sexual assault could be one or many: sexual, rage, violence, humiliation, revenge, thrill (as examples).

jmo
And Carter said, "We know this is about power to you..." at the PC. But that alone must not have been the motive? I don't know much about motive, so I don't know what to think.

And Carter said, "We know this is about power to you..." at the PC. But that alone must not have been the motive? I don't know much about motive, so I don't know what to think.

As far as Carter’s statement “We know this is about power to you....”, that sounded like it was straight out of some chapter of a profiler’s textbook. That’s the way it still sounds to me.

As far as Carter’s statement “We know this is about power to you....”, that sounded like it was straight out of some chapter of a profiler’s textbook. That’s the way it still sounds to me.

It sure is. If Carter knew who is the suspect, he wouldn’t have been in front of a TV camera urging the public to submit a tip to assist in identifying the suspect.

This all is coming from regular profiling jargon, sorry. We know that most SKs do have an element of control, and that many of them try to somehow intervene in the process.

The age range 18-40 means, no age group to me. They either don’t know who he is, or are not too interested in the case to be solved.

Essentially, it means, even if the person is from Delphi, it could be anyone from middle or HS, or their parents.

The only question I wanted to ask, I did not as I knew it would not be answered.

I emailed the editor back and asked if there would be another PC, she said no. I then asked how the questions would be answered if there wasn't another PC and Debbie Lowe from Carroll County replied with:

I am compiling the written questions and will give them to the Sheriff to answer in writing. I decided I do not want a back and forth with him and I don't want to try to interpret his answers. That being said, we have received a whole lot of questions and I think we now have a 2-part story of his answers. I have not given the Sheriff the questions yet, but I have 8 pages of them so far. So, that's my plan at 11:20am on Friday.

But we, (the editor and myself) will discuss the situation before a final decision is made. There are other things going on this weekend (maybe) that i'd like to include in the story. There is a two-part program being aired this weekend that I would like to include content from. And there is a team of investigators (cold case team) that have contacted the paper and asked me to go with them to the bridge and then told me Kelsi doesn't want any media at the bridge, to which I replied 'this is still the United States of America'.

and I bet they don't know much about snow or 5 degree weather like we are going to get on Sunday.

Debbie

END OF EMAIL

Seems interesting doesn't it! Anyone got any questions for her and i'll reply back??

Great work! Problem for me is I have a million questions, many which have been asked over nearly four years. The answers are sometimes harder for me to decipher than the questions. I am anxious to see the response you receive, and to watch and read what your source brings. I’m staying tuned, and I appreciate your work on this.

#TodayIsTheDay

I’d think taking the life of another other person, then avoiding legal consequences always involve the unknown killer holding power.

Motive, the reason for committing any murder, tends to be more specific ie the four Ls - love, lust, loathing, loot.

JMO

I hadn’t really thought about that but that is a good point.
It could be maybe that by hearing a proposed motive LE can weed out the crazier tips.

This is the right answer IMO. LE isn't asking for motivation because they don't have a theory, they are asking to see if the tipster's information matches what they already know.

Debbie

END OF EMAIL

Were the victims random or targeted?
Planned or impulsive crime?
Perp.likely to strike again or not?

Keen to learn more about this statement below, directed to the killer, did something suggest to LE that the perp might be concerned with religious matters?
rbbm.
Delphi murders: Why 'The Shack' film was mentioned in reference to killings
''Carter addressed the person responsible for the unsolved Delphi murders in the context of "The Shack," a religious-themed story adapted from a 2007 novel by William Paul Young.

“I recently watched a movie called 'The Shack.' There’s also a book that talks so well about evil, about death and about eternity," Carter said. "To the murderer, I believe you have just a little bit of a conscience left. And I can assure you that how you left (German and Williams) in that woods is not what they’re experiencing today."

Debbie

END OF EMAIL

Were the victims random or targeted?
Planned or impulsive crime?
Perp.likely to strike again or not?

Keen to learn more about this statement below, directed to the killer, did something suggest to LE that the perp might be concerned with religious matters?
rbbm.
Delphi murders: Why 'The Shack' film was mentioned in reference to killings
''Carter addressed the person responsible for the unsolved Delphi murders in the context of "The Shack," a religious-themed story adapted from a 2007 novel by William Paul Young.

“I recently watched a movie called 'The Shack.' There’s also a book that talks so well about evil, about death and about eternity," Carter said. "To the murderer, I believe you have just a little bit of a conscience left. And I can assure you that how you left (German and Williams) in that woods is not what they’re experiencing today."
sent

I think it’s great that the sheriff is allowing people to submit questions, but my expectations are super low for this.
First they will throw out any questions they decide they cannot answer because of case integrity, which will be almost all of them since LE has chosen for four years to say nothing.
The very few left will be generalized questions about the very few things we’ve all heard before. The answers will be all the things we’ve heard before.
I would love to be totally wrong about this. It would be so nice to have real answers to real questions. I just don’t see after four years LE is going to suddenly open up.

It wasn't the sherriff's idea to do a question and answer, it was the newspaper's. What we want to know doesn't count. I know that is annoying to some, but there it is.
IMO, there will be no answers that LE doesn't believe will progress the investigation.
Having said that, I'm suprised that more aren't sending in questions, just in case. Here is an opportunity where we might learn something new, so why not take a chance?

What I sent in is really more information than a question. I posted back in May about a 38 year old case that was solved in Nampa, Idaho. I admit that since the killer was revealed, I now see every case wondering if something similar happened in the girls' case. That's not logical, but I've followed the case since nine year old Daralyn Johnson went missing in Idaho 39 years ago on the 24th of this month!

I asked Leazenby if he is aware of the Idaho case because I'm hoping and praying that there was a hair from the suspect found in the Delphi case. Daralyn's case was finally solved as summarized in this article:

In 2018, the hair was sent to the University of California, Santa Cruz, lab under the direction of Dr. Edward Green, according to the document. The lab was able to use a DNA technique to develop an SNP profile, or single-nucleotide polymorphism, to identify certain stretch of DNA.

Greg Hampikian, co-director of the Idaho Innocence Project at Boise State, said that Canyon County authorities used a mitochondrial DNA strategy mapped out in his laboratory at the university to eliminate suspects. In 2017, the Hampikian lab devised a forensic genealogy strategy and recommended a California lab to carry out the work that ultimately identified Dalrymple.

The pubic hair was determined to be male. From there, the FBI was able to identify a family line tied to the Dalrymple family. The family included four boys and two girls from Idaho.

bbm
And the hair did not have a root/bulb! So I am hoping so strongly that they have a hair in the girls' case, because I know it could be solved!

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article242487046.html

I'm reasonably sure that Indiana is aware of the Idaho case, but I sent in the reference just in case!

I think it’s great that the sheriff is allowing people to submit questions, but my expectations are super low for this.
First they will throw out any questions they decide they cannot answer because of case integrity, which will be almost all of them since LE has chosen for four years to say nothing.
The very few left will be generalized questions about the very few things we’ve all heard before. The answers will be all the things we’ve heard before.
I would love to be totally wrong about this. It would be so nice to have real answers to real questions. I just don’t see after four years LE is going to suddenly open up.

What kind of tip could someone provide that would seal the deal for LE? Other than so and so told me he did it, nothing else, IMO. Someone saying they know someone who acted strange after the murder, or followed it closely, or called out of work that day, none of that is going to make LE say NOW we know who he is and can go get him. I want to know what info they need from the public
If LE had, say, 1000-1500 tips max, they could probably track down almost every one where the caller merely says the person is suspicious with little detail. But the massive volume of tips here is probably more than the total of any 5 crimes I can think of. I've heard LE in other cases state that no tip is insignificant, no tip is too small. I don't hear that here, but instead there is a laundry list of what LE would like to have in the tip as @MistyWaters has listed. I don't believe this killer has confided in anyone, but if he is the subject of one of the tips he is buried in an avalanche of tips. Literally hidden in plain sight.

Unfortunately, I agree with you. I also have very low expectations of any answers from the sheriff. IMO, it is highly unlikely that there will be any new information provided.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member