Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #132

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about discuss how he says “down” — does he pronounce the ow or not? Midwesterner would; parts of northeast wouldn’t (more like dayn) I can’t decide. I’m not sure the audio is good enough to tell. Wondering if anyone has an opinion.
I have an opinion for what it's worth. RL has the perfect Delphi local accent. He has a very lilting delivery of words like down. His interview in the first days gives a lot of chance hear it.
To my ear BG has the same accent but the top end of the lilt is gone.
To me that sounds like SE Indiana into Kentucky.

How about discuss how he says “down” — does he pronounce the ow or not? Midwesterner would; parts of northeast wouldn’t (more like dayn) I can’t decide. I’m not sure the audio is good enough to tell. Wondering if anyone has an opinion.

I grew up in the mountain west and have lived in New England for many years--and while I couldn't say where the accent was from, I'll be astonished if it's from either New England or farther west. He's got that broad midwestern vowel, but it's not drawled like it would be farther west. I'm not familiar enough with other accents to have an opinion.

Not too sure if this interview has been posted, very interesting MOO
A Sister’s Walk for Justice: The Delphi Murders [EXCLUSIVE]
This seems very inaccurate...according to what's been said by LE. Didn't they deny many times that the murders were recorded?

• "Libby turned on her video and taped this phantom of a man, then placed the phone, still recording into her pocket, and captured his voice.
Just four words, “Guys…….Down the hill”! And then with the video still going, Libby recorded her own murder, and the murder of her friend Abby."

This seems very inaccurate...according to what's been said by LE. Didn't they deny many times that the murders were recorded?

• "Libby turned on her video and taped this phantom of a man, then placed the phone, still recording into her pocket, and captured his voice.
Just four words, “Guys…….Down the hill”! And then with the video still going, Libby recorded her own murder, and the murder of her friend Abby."

BBM...LE has said the murders were not on video. I am not sure if they were on Audio or not. Maybe someone else can speak to that.

This article was already posted and discussed several weeks back, and the conclusions then were similar to yours - there are multiple inaccuracies, as though the writer wasn't going to let the facts get in the way of her own impressions - or, perhaps, of a compelling narrative. It's in thread #130, starting on/about page 19 and running to page 25 or so.

This article was already posted and discussed several weeks back, and the conclusions then were similar to yours - there are multiple inaccuracies, as though the writer wasn't going to let the facts get in the way of her own impressions - or, perhaps, of a compelling narrative. It's in thread #130, starting on/about page 19 and running to page 25 or so.
Thanks janewall, I missed that.

I find it interesting that Carter brings up The Shack when introducing the new sketch in April of 2019, when Kelsi had discussed it in an interview in 2018.

The second video is Kelsi discussing The Shack, with Robert Renner on Sept. 19, 2018

Last edited:

Are LE obligated to tell the general public the truth? Has there ever been a case where LE manipulated the media so that they could entice someone to call in with info, or could infuriate an offender enough to out himself somehow? Could this be one such example?

Are LE obligated to tell the general public the truth? Has there ever been a case where LE manipulated the media so that they could entice someone to call in with info, or could infuriate an offender enough to out himself somehow? Could this be one such example?

It’s been over four years now. Regardless of what audio Libby recorded it hasn’t led to an arrest and presumably didn’t name the killer, so I doubt the killer would care at this point.

Early on I think LE hoped to rattle the killer by the mere mention of the video and audio which he didn’t realize existed. But that’s doesn’t seem to have been successful as too much time has passed. IMO

Last edited:
I find it interesting that Carter brings up The Shack when introducing the new sketch in April of 2019, when Kelsi had discussed it in an interview in 2018.

The second video is Kelsi discussing The Shack, with Robert Renner on Sept. 19, 2018
I thought maybe they found evidence of someone hanging out at a nearby shack.

Last edited:
There's just no way she just happened to film BG. Libby was already at the end of the bridge and Abby was close behind. They had to have known that BG was following them after all that time. He would have also had to have been moving at an unnatural pace relative to that structure to catch up with them because we know in the Snapchat photo, there is nobody behind them yet. They were obviously suspicious and given what I've heard on the GH podcast, they certainly mentioned the guy. I think Libby used the opportunity to covertly film him. If I'm their age and I keep looking behind me and seeing some male creeping up behind me, I'm not just going to film my friend and give no thought to the guy. Plus the fact that she put the phone in her pocket with it still recording. I have no doubt she was filming him on purpose, and LE seems to feel the same way. I wouldn't be surprised if there was more video and pictures not released.

I thought maybe they found evidence of someone hanging out at a nearby shack.

There was no shack involved in the murders.

Copying Yemelyan’s post.

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #131
post #565
From Scene of the Crime, A New Direction, starting at 50:10.

Narrator: After the press conference, online sleuths went into overdrive, questioning whether Carter's references to The Shack could be a coded message to the killer, or perhaps a confirmation that Abby and Libby's deaths has involved a shack....On our behalf, KG asked Superintendent Carter about his reference to The Shack.

KG: Another thing..."The Shack" was used in it (note: "it" is the April 2019 press conference). Was that on purpose?
DC: It was. Have you seen "The Shack?"
KG: I have. I watched it twice.
DC: Then you know what I mean.
KG: Yeah. So I think, one of the big rumors going around is that they died in a shack or that there has to be, you know, some other meaning than faith to it, which is something (
note: "something" is the rumor) that we were trying to, kind of, get rid of.
DC: There was no shack involved. But that had a really, really, uh, compelling effect on me.
KG: Yeah, I think that movie in general - the first time I watched it, it had zero effect on me. I kind of sat through it and watched it and saw no meaning behind it because I just wanted to watch it as a movie. Then the second time I went back and watched it I cried the entire movie....
DC: I have to say, it had the same effect on me. In a different way. Because, you know, I don't understand what it's like to lose a sister but that movie had such a profound effect on everything about our life, that it was worth mentioning

Is it a possibility that KG and DC had already discussed The Shack prior to her 2018 interview with James Renner? I think it is.

At one point KG mentioned that when she made the decision to change majors, DC mentored her and gave her advice. He even went to see her at school more than once - we discussed it here. So IMO it's not out of the realm of possibility that DC had previous conversations with her entire family about things that can help an individual process grief. It seems like he would be the type of person who feels like that's something that's in the purview of his job.

In the segment of Scene of the Crime: A New Direction, where KG talks to DC about his Shack reference, she is "interviewing" him - asking him to explain for the listeners what he was referring to and if it had any meaning behind it other than faith. One might think that she already knew his answer through previous conversations between the two of them as she expresses no surprise or further questions at his answer.

I don't think the girls saw the MONSTER behind them on the bridge, the two pictures that Libby took showed both ends of the bridge. I think that they were referring to seeing him on the trail. I don't think that LE is always honest when they say things, but it's only to help catch criminals. And I don't think that LE would want an offender to "out" himself/herself as they lose valuable evidence of what actually happened in the case. I don't know what happened near/at the end of the bridge, but by the time the MONSTER was within 60 feet of the girls he was definitely the focus of Libby's video.

JMO

I don't think the girls saw the MONSTER behind them on the bridge, the two pictures that Libby took showed both ends of the bridge. I think that they were referring to seeing him on the trail. I don't think that LE is always honest when they say things, but it's only to help catch criminals. And I don't think that LE would want an offender to "out" himself/herself as they lose valuable evidence of what actually happened in the case. I don't know what happened near/at the end of the bridge, but by the time the MONSTER was within 60 feet of the girls he was definitely the focus of Libby's video.

JMO

The video was widely believed to have been taken at about 2:30pm because that time was stated on the billboards iirc but darned if I can find an actual reference. On a Dr Phil show with the family and DC the 2:30pm was also a reference point of the video because it was 3:11pm when DG first tried to contact Libby. The crime occurring within those short 41 minutes was stressed throughout.

The time of the SC photo was 2:07pm. I agree, I don’t think the girls would’ve spent 23 minutes or more on the bridge knowing a man was lurking near them and besides, he’s not in either of the SC photos.

JMO

The video was widely believed to have been taken at about 2:30pm because that time was stated on the billboards iirc but darned if I can find an actual reference. On a Dr Phil show with the family and DC the 2:30pm was also a reference point of the video because it was 3:11pm when DG first tried to contact Libby. The crime occurring within those short 41 minutes was stressed throughout.

The time of the SC photo was 2:07pm. I agree, I don’t think the girls would’ve spent 23 minutes or more on the bridge knowing a man was lurking near them and besides, he’s not in either of the SC photos.

JMO

No one besides BG is visible in the video clip LE released. So what happened next? What did they do in the time before BG showed up on the bridge? Were they waiting for him to get to the end and turn around when they captured him? Were they going to give him some sort of big head start heading back to the North Side so he could be far ahead of them and they wouldn't have to worry about passing him?

No one besides BG is visible in the video clip LE released. So what happened next? What did they do in the time before BG showed up on the bridge? Were they waiting for him to get to the end and turn around when they captured him? Were they going to give him some sort of big head start heading back to the North Side so he could be far ahead of them and they wouldn't have to worry about passing him?

In the time before he showed up on the bridge I think we know the girls were taking photos as at least two were sent via SC by Libby. So yes, it would seem reasonable to me when he showed up, rather than stay on the bridge and risk blocking him from passing by, they proceeded to the far end.

But unless the killer chooses to confess and offer a detailed account, we may never know exactly what took place.

I also think that its likely that the footage of BG was captured by happenstance to a degree, not intentionally. EG: she was doing her thing, taking videos of scenery or of Abby and BG just happened to be captured along with whatever else she got footage of. I think very soon after that video was captured, the scene turned dark, and they knew they were in trouble

I can see this as being very possible. It could explain the poor quality of the BG vid. Perhaps the girls were fooling around, not even paying attention to the bridge, that few frames of BG being retrieved from the edge of the screen, not the focus of the video.

Then BG confronts them, the phone being hurriedly hidden or pocketed, and as you said, the scene turning dark quickly.

I don't rightly know why saying he wasn't recorded would infuriate the killer, the opposite would be the case. If LE is sandbagging about this even to the families, I can't think why? In the end it would come out at trial to convict the killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper