Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #138

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
minazoe, I'm just curious, if you feel like sharing. Was your "candidate" a searcher?
Speaking of which, does anyone know what requirements, if any, does a searcher need to provide to LE before they can officially help in a search for a missing person?
Or can just anyone show up and help? TIA
Abby's Mom Anna Williams says at around
27:45, that she's aware there were at least 50 people out and about the trail areas that day. That's a lot of people.

It's also been said the killer(s) was/were still there when DG was actively looking for the girls.
Perhaps that’s were the first sketch may have come from?

Great post. I also find it odd that we've never heard from anyone who saw the girls at the trails that day.
In one of the shows on Delphi, HLN or Oxygen Network...Our DVR had to be replaced so the show I taped is gone and I can't remember tthe name or network. It was the one that a female reporter was interviewing Sheriff Leazenby in the woods near the crime scene.

Anyway... for about 10-15 seconds, at one point, there was drone footage up above the bridge, following it, crossing over. To the left of the bridge, down below, you could see the creek and the far embankment in the direction drone was flying. I don't know for sure what direction it was flying but right close to the water's edge there was an area that had a fire pit and stumps, rocks, things to sit on. It looked like a hang out type area. I remember thinking, look at that...if there was anybody hanging out there that day, they definitely saw the girls crossing over that bridge, taking pics etc...they couldn't have missed them...and I'm sure they would also have seen BG.

You know, for someone to take such risk, murder two people in such a short amount of time, escape and leave very little evidence behind, something's definitely missing in this story, besides the killer. IMO
I think ISP Carter gave a big clue to that at that April 2019 PC. There was betrayal and extreme anger directed at someone in particular. Carter then tried to shame them. He talked to their family and he even went as far as to say they could be in the room. That last bit, to me, means at one point they were involved and actively "helping" LE in some way and at other PC's. AJMO

In one of the shows on Delphi, HLN or Oxygen Network...Our DVR had to be replaced so the show I taped is gone and I can't remember tthe name or network. It was the one that a female reporter was interviewing Sheriff Leazenby in the woods near the crime scene.

Anyway... for about 10-15 seconds, at one point, there was drone footage up above the bridge, following it, crossing over. To the left of the bridge, down below, you could see the creek and the far embankment in the direction drone was flying. I don't know for sure what direction it was flying but right close to the water's edge there was an area that had a fire pit and stumps, rocks, things to sit on. It looked like a hang out type area. I remember thinking, look at that...if there was anybody hanging out there that day, they definitely saw the girls crossing over that bridge, taking pics etc...they couldn't have missed them...and I'm sure they would also have seen BG.

This was the Down the Hill HLN television special (the two-parter that summarized/came after the Down the Hill podcast). Barb MacDonald is in the woods with TL.

Last edited:
This didn't seem to be apparent to me until months or years later. Now, to me anyway, it is one of the oddest aspects of this crime. I don't know if someone saw the girls and LE has told them to be silent OR if no one other than the killer saw the girls that day. If it is the later, it makes me wonder that if Abigail and Liberty were not seen by anyone else, then is it possible none of the witnesses actually saw the killer at any time that day? IOW, is it possible that our only description of the killer lies in the grainy photo on the bridge and no where else?

BBM

Same!!!

Speaking of which, does anyone know what requirements, if any, does a searcher need to provide to LE before they can officially help in a search for a missing person?
Or can just anyone show up and help? TIA
One instance where I volunteered they had a form with name, address, phone #, emergency contact, etc. Because it was taking so long to sign everyone up, they started telling everyone to just give their name and an emergency contact phone #. No ID required for anyone.

well we don't know how many people may have seen them because the police won't tell us squat. mOO

True, but we've heard from many people that they saw FSG, a couple arguing under the bridge, a lady walking her dog (?? maybe?), etc. Seems odd that we wouldn't have heard from anyone that said "yes, I saw Abby and Libby."

You know, for someone to take such risk, murder two people in such a short amount of time, escape and leave very little evidence behind, something's definitely missing in this story, besides the killer. IMO
but this is like the hallmark of killings that happen in public places..you cannot linger and luxuriate..and therefore there is far less time to leave hair , prints, DNA anything... these cases are very hard to solve. mOO

added : it sort of does go to the theory that he may have ultimately wanted to get the girls inside a van or car..this then goes against the theory that he had set up an area , intentionally for this act and had many items pre-assigned to his lair.

I don't think it can be both.

maybe the staging wasn't as elaborate as we imagine...a van or car automatically becomes a caged environment that is far more controllable...as long as your victim doesn't best you...mOO

Last edited:
Could there be two suspects? Could BG have passed them to somebody waiting down by the creek?
I’ve wondered this myself. With what little we do know, there could have been another person there even before Libby took the photo and who knows if that voice recording was of the guy in the photo or someone else!
I just cannot for the life of me understand why after 4 years LE won’t provide more details to the public. What is THAT all about? If it was my child who got murdered, I’d be screaming from the roof tops, solve this crime!!! If and when they ever do solve it, it will be so enlightening to learn LE’s reasoning for holding back information. IMO

... it is one of the oddest aspects of this crime. I don't know if someone saw the girls and LE has told them to be silent OR if no one other than the killer saw the girls that day. If it is the later, it makes me wonder that if Abigail and Liberty were not seen by anyone else, then is it possible none of the witnesses actually saw the killer ...

You've got it. If there were really more than a couple of dozen people at the trails (as we just were told elsewhere) when the attack happened, then the girls WERE seen, almost certainly. QED, JnR! If that part is true, then LE must certainly have asked witnesses to stay very quiet--and somehow convinced them to REMAIN very silent for four years. I've commented before on how LE has kept leaks out of public knowledge all this time, how impressive it is. With other LE that's tough enough to do for four years; to include the townspeople as well, there must be something really powerful that keeps people quiet all this time.

*IF* the girls were seen, isn't it therefore likely that BG was seen by other people?

BG was seen, supposedly, at 12:30, and he was there until at least 3:30, yes? If the girls were seen--which IMO seems likely now that you've pointed it out--then BG just about must have been seen, too. Another QED, IMO. And if we're still following the hatter to the tea party (and this is JUST MOO, obviously) then what (who) people saw must have been ... what? Memorable? Weird? Well-known public figure? Who? Or what was he, that the ID was so important that it needed to be kept quiet? And that so many people have *remained* quiet all this time? My guesses have run out at this point--probably long after they stopped being rational. :)

Wasn’t there cabins nearby? It’s possible the suspect was hiding out in a seasonal cabin, unfortunately it happens more than someone would think, our family cabin was squatted in often, it’s like these people knew when we’d be gone and when we’d be back to the cabin, and my old house was in a woodsey area and the seasonal homes were often being broken into (these are just examples of how easily this can happen). Did LE rule this out? I know they checked RLs property but did they check other houses or cabins in the area? Maybe even abandoned areas?
Jmo imo moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member