Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #140

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They had a 4 foot sketch of a person's face right down front in a packed room. How in the world could Carter make the statement "who may be in this room" and "hiding in plain sight"? All people had to do was look around the room and tackle the guy. How could he be hiding in plain sight if his picture was on a 4 foot tall easel? Is this because Carter knew that this "new" sketch was done from the memory of someone who only saw his picture on Libby's phone at some point and not someone on the trail? That it was from a phony profile?

From the link above; "The sketch released on Monday was drawn by Bryant on Feb. 17, 2017, a few days after the victims' bodies were found. The picture was based on the description of a person who saw something that the person felt needed to be reported, according to Bryant."

Now... I can't escape the notion that YBG is Catfish Guy and OBG is Actual Bridge Guy.

rsbm. I definitely think this is plausible. It also explains that cryptic message. Maybe I’m reading too much in to it. But they could have just said, hey this person was seen in the parking lot, or walking down the road, or at the cemetery. But they left it so vague so it invites speculation.

I find myself going back to things previously reported. An article said OBG was no longer a POI and I believe Anna Williams said she heard that he was a RSO that happened to be at the trail that day. Who knows if this is true. They went from saying people were cleared / not involved to saying they weren’t going to publicly clear anyone until they make an arrest. It is hard to know, based on all that has been said and released, what is still true.

Just catching up and have not read every single post or to the end of this thread yet.

I have seen it theorized a number of times (here and in other places) that the 2nd sketch was possibly used to represent KAK's catfishing profile of Anthony_Shots.

I need it spelled out for me why LE would release a sketch that (IMO) looks very little (actually nothing) like the real person who's identity was stolen and who has nothing to do with this crime?

They clearly knew early on that KAK was in no way, shape or form the same person as the one depicted in the photographs, based on the AA. They also knew who the person in the photographs really was.

Tying sketch #2 to represent the Anthony_Shots profile makes zero sense to me.

LE would potentially be putting an innocent person's face out there for the public to persecute for what goal?

Please.....what am I missing?
(Disclaimer: only 1 cup of coffee so far after having a very late night with a very bad damaging storm)

The only way I could see it working if the entire thing (as Carter seemed to be be trying) was to try rattle his cage into a mistake. It would reveal to KAK that they know about the profile and the communication with the girls. If that was the case they'd probably have had KAK under surveillance during and after. In the hope that if he felt they were far closer than he'd assumed, he might then attempt to get rid of trophies or do something else that would incriminate him. But that's perhaps a long shot and would be a hell of a game of 3D chess!

In my experience, especially in a high-profile case such as this, the court would appoint an experienced attorney who has dealt with cases where the punishment is life in prison, has a lot of trial experience, etc.
But I agree, it's an odd coincidence, although in a small town area, defense attorneys quickly get a reputation amongst criminals and are referred to by other criminals. MOO
My concern is that Achey is Ron Logan's long-time attorney. I would hate to see this case appealed for any reason. Seems risky.

Thank you for finding that! The area BBM is what I was thinking .. there may be some kind of connection as in they know each other, or have a mutual friend or family member that may have mentioned Achey's name. It's just something that makes no sense to me. Peru is 40 miles away from Delphi, yet both of these men end up with the same attorney. Just one more thing that makes me raise an eyebrow!

Last edited by a moderator:
I typed up a few notes about the probable cause affidavit (or a summary of sorts) for my own personal benefit, but I thought maybe it might benefit some of you too. :D

The FBI and ISP executed a search warrant at the residence of KAK and his father on February 25, 2017 at 12:30 PM.
  • KAK and father were inside the home when the warrant was executed
  • a warrant was obtained after the FBI sent information to the ISP Cyber Crimes Unit about an adult male soliciting female juveniles on Snapchat and Instagram under the username anthony_shots
  • 07/20/2016: anthony_shots registered on Instagram
  • 07/14/2016: anthony_shots registered on Snapchat
  • KAK interviewed at 1:25 pm and initially denied creating the fake SM accounts and/or talking to underage girls online
  • KAK later admitted he created anthony_shots approximately 6 months earlier and used it to chat with underage girls
  • found girls on Instagram and then invited them to talk on Snapchat; said he didn't care if the girls were 16 or younger
  • KAK said he'd spoken to approximately 15 underage girls and all of them sent pictures; he saved the pictures to his photo gallery
  • comments he made during the interview include: “he was *advertiser censored*ed and should have left” and “he packed another bag and took it to Las Vegas”; he also mentioned he planned to leave when his dad was asleep
  • 02/25/2017: KAK and his father returned to Peru from Las Vegas
  • KAK's primary phone was the white iPhone 5c
  • KAK also polygraphed at the Peru State Police Department
  • polygraph concluded at 7:30 pm
  • received approximately 100 sexual pictures from underage girls
  • received approximately 20 sexual videos from underage girls
  • devices seized during the execution of search warrant included: Apple iPhone 4, Apple iPhone 3, Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S4, Nextbook Tablet, and Apple iPod Touch

March 28, 2016 – May 4, 2016
Kik discussions between user emilyanne45 and unknown party
3 attachments shared

April 1, 2016 – October 2, 2016

Kik discussions between user emilyanne45 and unknown party
2 attachments shared

April 30, 2016

Kik discussion between user emilyanne45 and unknown party
1 attachment shared

May 2, 2016

Kik discussion between user emilyanne45 and unknown party
3 attachments shared

May 4, 2016

2 video files depicting CSAM created

May 14 - 17, 2016

Kik discussions between user emilyanne45 and unknown party (or parties) and public Dropbox links containing CSAM shared
41 attachments shared

September 7 – October 2, 2016
Kik discussions between user emilyanne45 and unknown 13-year-old female
5 attachments shared

November 6 – 10, 2016

Snapchat discussion between user emilyanne45 and unknown party

February 25, 2017

9:19 pm: user of iPhone 5c began to uninstall and delete apps
10:14 pm: user of iPhone 5c uninstalled and deleted Instagram

February 26, 2017
1:12 pm: user of iPhone 5c uninstalled and deleted MeetMe
1:28 pm: user of iPhone 5c uninstalled and deleted Snapchat (the app was reinstalled at some point after it was initially deleted at 9:19 pm the day before)

February 27, 2017

KAK contacted ISP Cyber Crimes Unit to notify them he had "located" the Apple iPhone 5c

9:48 am: user deleted Safari web history and web data from iPhone 5c (some info was recovered but search terms were redacted)

March 2, 2017
Miami Unit obtained iPhone 5c from ISP Peru Post

June 12, 2020
Lead investigator received the digital forensic examination from ISP

June 18, 2020
Multiple LE officials met with the Miami County Prosecutor to discuss the investigation

INFO FOUND ON DEVICES

iPhone 4
  • device name: “Kegan’s iPhone”
  • last utilized 11/11/2016
  • access protected with PIN
  • numerous redacted usernames and emails located
  • user communicated with female teens and shared media files depicting CSAM
  • user portrayed themselves as a female teen using emilyanne45
  • communications recovered from Kik and Snapchat
  • multiple CSAM media files saved or shared/received
  • CSAM files depicted female children approximately 12-17 years old
  • several images depicted possible drugs and showed KAK with a black handgun
  • 5 images and 2 videos depicting CSAM were saved (date unknown)

iPhone 3G

• device name: “Keggie
  • last used 5/23/2015
  • access secured with PIN
  • no chats of evidentiary value were recovered from Skype or Kik
  • multiple images of females (ages were indeterminate) found
  • multiple screenshots of conversations were found (one referred to the receiver as Kegan, specifically)
  • user saved 200+ images and some images contained embedded location data
  • approximately 27 images depicting females that appeared to be at least 14-years-old and older were found
  • some of the images were geo-located to Indiana cities including Bunker Hill, Galveston, Indianapolis, Kokomo, Monterey, and Royal Center
  • web history was recovered but Google search terms were redacted

Samsung Galaxy S5
  • device name: “Kline Photography
  • a factory reset was performed on 2/23/2017
  • access not secured with password or PIN
  • chat messages that took place between February 23 and February 25, 2017 were recovered from MeetMe, FB Messenger, and Snapchat
  • recovered messages discussed meeting people in Las Vegas and prostitution
  • an unknown *advertiser censored* video (description redacted) is referenced in the affidavit

Samsung Galaxy S4
  • device name: “SAMSUNG-SGH-I337”
  • last used on approximately 06/25/2015
  • the device was powered on multiple times after that day but it was not used
  • access secured by a swipe pattern and PIN
  • many chat conversations recovered and some appeared to have been with a female teen approximately 12 to 13-years-old
  • 2 profiles used to communicate with teens -- Kegan Kline and Emily Anne
  • conversations found where a user claiming to be “Emily” discussed having sex with KAK and his father at the same time
  • multiple CSAM files saved to the device
  • file names indicate images were captured via screenshot and/or received on Snapchat or Skype
  • many CSAM files depicted females approximately 12 to 17 years-old
  • additional images found depicting possible drugs and drug paraphernalia

Apple iPhone 5c
  • last used 02/27/2017
  • access secured with PIN
  • used Facebook, Instagram, MeetMe, Snapchat, and Twitter accounts to communicate or chat with underage girls
  • most of the data had been deleted from the device
  • multiple images were saved depicting females of an indeterminate age
@cujenn81 thank you so much for putting this together because it certainly makes it a much easier way to understand it all so thank you for doing it and for sharing it, I appreciate you

Bumping my own post…..No doubt whatsoever KAK admitted to creating the anthony_shots profile, the person who detectives are seeking information on, albeit in a round about way.

BBM

Detectives are seeking information about the person who created the anthony_shots profile.”

https://www.wishtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Kegan-Anthony-Kline-PC.pdf

page 1/34
Later in the interview, he admitted to creating the anthony_sh0ts profile and speaking to underage girls. Kegan told investigators he created the accounts approximately 6 months ago.

Page 2/34
After Kegan’s interview, he was polygraphed at the Peru State Police Post by Sergeant Matthew Collins. Kegan and Sergeant Collins spoke about this incident and case <redacted>, Kegan again admitted to creating the fake anthony_shots profiles and speaking to underage girls.

I followed this case daily from the very first thread but sadly I had to walk away
from it after the new sketch was released because, quite frankly, it wrecked me emotionally. After the April 2019 presser nothing made any sense anymore.

So, many now are touching on what exactly bugged me about that PC.

Specifically- at the April 22, 2019 press conference Doug Carter made this statement;"To the killer, who may be in this room: We believe you are hiding in plain sight," Carter said. "In more than two years, you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy, but we have."
Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released

They had a 4 foot sketch of a person's face right down front in a packed room. How in the world could Carter make the statement "who may be in this room" and "hiding in plain sight"? All people had to do was look around the room and tackle the guy. How could he be hiding in plain sight if his picture was on a 4 foot tall easel? Is this because Carter knew that this "new" sketch was done from the memory of someone who only saw his picture on Libby's phone at some point and not someone on the trail? That it was from a phony profile?

From the link above; "The sketch released on Monday was drawn by Bryant on Feb. 17, 2017, a few days after the victims' bodies were found. The picture was based on the description of a person who saw something that the person felt needed to be reported, according to Bryant."

Yeah, I think they have specifically been appealing those who were contacted by and interacted with anthony_shots since that presser, which is why they said at the time that the first sketch was now "secondary".

Now... I can't escape the notion that YBG is Catfish Guy and OBG is Actual Bridge Guy.

And KAK could easily have gained additional weight since 2017.

It was a 4 foot sketch, not a picture. I wonder if catfish guy is YBG as well.

Is it usual to have a pic of father and son in the news, father's face not be pixeled!!, when the son is charged with child *advertiser censored* and other charges? I believe, the father of KAK isn't out of the play yet. "I'm *advertiser censored**ed, I should have left" and saying by KAK, he planned to leave his father when he was sleeping, says a lot. Is his father one, who fully participated and guided his son? Idk.

Wait… Umm what? All that is news to me! Links??

Bumping my own post…..No doubt whatsoever KAK admitted to creating the anthony_shots profile, the person who detectives are seeking information on, albeit in a round about way.

BBM

Detectives are seeking information about the person who created the anthony_shots profile.”

https://www.wishtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Kegan-Anthony-Kline-PC.pdf

page 1/34
Later in the interview, he admitted to creating the anthony_sh0ts profile and speaking to underage girls. Kegan told investigators he created the accounts approximately 6 months ago.

Page 2/34
After Kegan’s interview, he was polygraphed at the Peru State Police Post by Sergeant Matthew Collins. Kegan and Sergeant Collins spoke about this incident and case <redacted>, Kegan again admitted to creating the fake anthony_shots profiles and speaking to underage girls.

How would a young girl remember something as seemingly innocuous as the Anthony_shots profile from almost 5 years ago? Even if the profile attempted to meet them, would a young girl recall that fact 5 years later? What if she'd been approached by one or more others wanting the same thing? One might say yes, but can't specifically recall the precise username but can vividly remember his pics.

I cannot understand the reasoning for ISP waiting so long to seek this information from the public. I think many females were questioned about this profile back in FEB 2017.

If any young girl did interact with the profile, perhaps she was killed and can't tell investigators about it.
Has anyone seen anything religious in KAKs social media accounts? Was the CS prepared, in advance, for the girls that would include the signatures spoken of by Ives?

JMVHOO MOO

MOO
Good thinking. Someone having seen the profile pic of Anthony_shots on Libby's phone.
That makes a lot of sense. It fits with
Libby wiping her phone some days before their trip to the MHB.
But the predator even though first contact was on line, seemingly remote and random was actually a local CASM criminal and could easily have found out who she was, where she lived, and her other SM accounts.

So MOO first contact with Anthony_shots hot rich teen dude, then a follow up with a different profile, on Kik for example from a different person/account.

500 tips is great, they asked for specifics, screen shots, dates to even leave a tip.
<modsnip>
what's a CASM criminal?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the feedback and for trying to help alleviate my confusion.

I'm spitballing here but perhaps to jog a memory of another victim and now that it is connected they may be brave to come forward. Thats what I got out of it anyway. Maybe some victims encountered the perp and was able to avoid a situation.

Wouldn't releasing at minimum, the name in the fake profile be easier to jog memories than releasing a rendering that doesn't even resemble the real person depicted in the profile (who is innocent?) JMO
(I know some here think Sketch 2 is a dead ringer for the victim in this case...I don't see any resemblance at all.)

I agree. By April, 2019 LE certainly knew the photos anthony_shots had used in 2016/2017 were stolen online from an innocent model so no way would LE have a reason to use that same likeness as a witness sketch of the suspect on the bridge. The request for tips was based on “somebody knows this person”.

Quoted bbm
I agree @MistyWaters

This right here is the key. They would put an innocent person at risk by using his picture to solicit more tips on a murder case that he has no knowledge of.

Libby or Abby probably showed photos of "Shots" to a friend or family member who then, from memory, described the person to a sketch artist. Law enforcement wouldn't have been able to say with absolute certainty that the sketch was of the same person. The girls may have shown the witness a more wholesome pic of the model that the catfish sent them directly and that wasn't in possession of law enforcement and (even if shown) the witness might not have been able to confidently say the shirtless model in the profile pics was the same person, they may have subconsciously not wanted to believe the girls had been thirst trapped.

Quoted bbm

And that right there is the reason why it seems irresponsible to me that LE would ever release a sketch representing someone who has been deemed innocent of the crimes in order to get tips in a double murder case

Agree. The younger sketch was made only days after the murders, and it was said that it was done by somebody who saw something they thought needed reporting (paraphrased). I suppose that could mean they saw something online, but at the April PC, DC states that the man in the new sketch is the one responsible for the girls' deaths. If the sketch was the model, then that would be an outright lie.

DELPHI PRESS CONFERENCE TRANSCRIPT (2019) - CrimeLights
During the course of this investigation we have concluded the first sketch released will become secondary, as of today. The result of the new information and intelligence over time leads us to believe the sketch, which you will see shortly, IS the person responsible for the murders of these two little girls. We also believe this person is from Delphi- currently, or has previously lived here, visits Delphi on a regular basis, or works here. We believe this person is currently between the age range of 18 and 40, but might appear younger than his true age.

With the new anthony_shots ask, and the likelihood that LE got new digital evidence in 2020, it seems we're all too eager to ignore the old information LE released from the very beginning. They must have evidence to say the killer had reddish-brown hair, fit within the parameters of their age/weight/height range, was likely seen by witnesses, and they have his voice and possibly DNA. Obviously, things can change, and maybe that's coming up this week. IDK.

But LE had reasons to execute all their 70 some search warrants, switch sketches and speak to the killer directly at the PC, do a media blackout, get a larger command center, and now this. I don't believe LE acts without reason, even if we don't know what it is.
Great points @TL4S !
Quoted bbm
This last line here sums it up perfectly!

JMO

I think we all need to keep the faith and continue to be patient, even when we haven't been given very many reasons to understand why LE has done what they have done thus far. (And they also don't owe us, the public, their reasoning behind their actions.)

I think they are getting close.

How would a young girl remember something as seemingly innocuous as the Anthony_shots profile from almost 5 years ago? Even if the profile attempted to meet them, would a young girl recall that fact 5 years later? What if she'd been approached by one or more others wanting the same thing? One might say yes, but can't specifically recall the precise username but can vividly remember his pics.

I cannot understand the reasoning for ISP waiting so long to seek this information from the public. I think many females were questioned about this profile back in FEB 2017.

If any young girl did interact with the profile, perhaps she was killed and can't tell investigators about it.
Has anyone seen anything religious in KAKs social media accounts? Was the CS prepared, in advance, for the girls that would include the signatures spoken of by Ives?

JMVHOO MOO
It has been suggested by OP and I agree that many of the teenagers both male and female who interacted with the anthony_shots in 2017 and the years prior and after would now be young adults. They may be more willing to come forward as adults and they’ve had time to come to terms with whatever that contact consisted of and braved sharing their stories.

JMVHOO MOO

If they were solicited /threatened for pornographic materials they may remember - if it didn't happen to them much and it was especially aggressive (threatening rather than ONLY requesting pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734