Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #140

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM for Focus

Nice post, Alethea. TY. We appreciate and value your expertise. For the most part, I agreed with your response, except for the portions I left behind. The FBI does not always taking crimes against children seriously. For one prime example:

Former FBI Agents Blame ‘Misogynist’ Culture For Botched Larry Nassar Investigation

"Two Indianapolis FBI agents were assigned to the [Larry Nassar] case: W. Jay Abbott, then the special agent in charge of the city’s FBI office, and Michael Langeman, at the time a supervisory special agent.

Instead of receiving help, Maroney ― along with fellow gymnasts Aly Raisman, Simone Biles and Maggie Nichols ― were ignored. Their accusations of serial child sexual abuse were dismissed. Abbott and Langeman not only failed to interview all of the victims who initially came forward, they conducted very limited follow-up interviews with key witnesses and never notified other law enforcement agencies of potential crimes in their jurisdictions. In fact, Abbott and Langeman never formally opened an investigation into Nassar.

Over the eight months that followed, Abbott and Langeman did nothing. At one point, Abbott, the more senior of the two agents, met with then-USA Gymnastics President Steve Penny, but only to discuss a potential job opportunity with the U.S. Olympic Committee (Abbott saw this as a possible opportunity to get a job!). During this time, Nassar abused at least 70 more girls and women, according to a Department of Justice report.

When the two agents were confronted with their misconduct in 2017 ― after Nassar was sentenced to life in prison for sexually abusing hundreds of young athletes ― they blamed others. They made false statements and omitted integral information about their initial investigation. The two agents later lied to investigators from the inspector general’s office in order “to minimize errors made by the Indianapolis Field Office,” according to the DOJ report, which came out in July and brought renewed attention to the botched investigation.
____

I won't post more of the article but it is not complimentary of the FBI, in general.
JMVHO MOO

I reported a man for possessing CP on his computer. FBI was NOT interested. They did NOT care. He wasn't a big fish.
The man also bragged about dosing, raping runaway teens. FBI said they were NOT interested. Never understood why they didn't even pretend to care.

If I were to bet on whether KAK is athletic or klutzy, without knowing much about him, I’d take a guess and say, the latter. The strangest thing about the BG is that he walks odd, and yet, is as graceful as a cat on a sill. The bridge is old, yet BG walks lightly. It is not how I imagine KAK walking, but I am happy to be wrong.

What if he grew up in the area, and walked that bridge many times, so he knew how to cross it without falling?

Som

Something I still can’t shake…ISP asked for any information about the “creator” of the profile. Since they already know that KAK was the creator, and they also know that he’s in jail, it sounds like they are squarely focused on KAK.

Yes you’re right. Now knowing KAK has already been identified and charged by LE in conjunction with the anthony_shots profile and watching the video once again , the ISP officer clearly says Detectives are seeking information about the person who created the anthony_shots profile.

He had to have created it, didn’t he admit to using it for about six months prior to Feb/17, and the profile contains his middle name.

Som

Something I still can’t shake…ISP asked for any information about the “creator” of the profile. Since they already know that KAK was the creator, and they also know that he’s in jail, it sounds like they are squarely focused on KAK.
That's why I asked if LE knew for sure who created it.

Som

Thank you for pointing this out. I had missed it!

I apologize, but I have forgotten with all that’s been swirling around this past week…didn’t somebody here say both Kline and Chadwell had court hearings on December 16th…or have I got it mixed up.
I was just thinking if that was true, I bet LE will wait until after those hearings on Thursday to say anymore.

Have any friends/acquaintances of KK come forward to say "yes, the dude was scary and weird, he could definitely be a killer." Or "No, the dude was so mellow and laid back, the only thing he was dangerous to was a box of Twinkies". Has anyone with first hand knowledge of the man spoken up yet?

Good to know nothing connects the two, otherwise I think that’d pose a conflict of interest.

I'm not so sure about that .. its quite a coincidence that an attorney from Logansport is representing a man from Delphi and a man from Peru that have both been somehow connected to this case. There are lots of attorneys in this area to choose from. Maybe nothing .. but I wouldn't count it out. Wonder if he was court appointed and if so, is that normal to appoint someone from a different town?

According to NBC, it’s in the Probable Cause Affidavit but I can’t find the link to it at the moment.

“Kegan Anthony Kline, 27, told investigators on Feb. 25, 2017, he created the “anthony_shots" social media account and used it to speak to underage girls while also soliciting nude images from them, according to a probable cause affidavit obtained by NBC News filed in Miami County on Aug. 19, 2020.”
Man behind “anthony_shots” account charged in child exploitation case
Thanks. I know he said he created it but do they know for a fact that he did? Seems odd that LE keep asking for the creator if they knew KAK was the one.

Yes you’re right. Now knowing KAK has already been identified and charged by LE in conjunction with the anthony_shots profile and watching the video once again , the ISP officer clearly says Detectives are seeking information about the person who created the anthony_shots profile.

He had to have created it, didn’t he admit to using it for about six months prior to Feb/17, and the profile contains his middle name.

As I recall, that’s what he said

Thanks. I know he said he created it but do they know for a fact that he did? Seems odd that LE keep asking for the creator if they knew KAK was the one.

I agree it seems sort of odd but the question of who created it would not be solved by the type of information LE is asking for, nor is LE outrightly asking who created the profile.

Anyone with information was asked to contact abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com or 765-822-3535, and provide as much information as possible, such as when and how you communicated with “anthony_shots,” what social media apps were used, and if “anthony_shots” attempted to meet you or get your address. “If you have saved images or conversations with the anthony_shots profile, please attach them to your email,” the release said.

Above is the list of the 30 charges. But notice the different dates and that some of the charges were already laid Feb 17, 2017. That was prior to the search conducted Feb 25/2017. What is that telling us???
I noted that, as well. I'm disturbed that four days after the murders, he's using his fake id with two charges of possession of child *advertiser censored* and four charges of child exploitation enhanced with an aggravating factor. What does that mean? This concerns me very much.

Also, there are charges from 5/14/16 and 5/17/2016. That's the date range of Kik Chat-92 between emilyanne45 and [redacted]. This one sounds like he was trying to actually meet up.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure about that .. its quite a coincidence that an attorney from Logansport is representing a man from Delphi and a man from Peru that have both been somehow connected to this case. There are lots of attorneys in this area to choose from. Maybe nothing .. but I wouldn't count it out. Wonder if he was court appointed and if so, is that normal to appoint someone from a different town?
Kline
52C01-2008-F4-000254

08/21/2020
Indigent Counsel Appointed at County Expense

Yes, KAK’s attorney was appointed by the court, “Indigent Counsel Appointed at County Expense”.

I agree it seems sort of odd but the question of who created it would not be solved by the type of information LE is asking for, nor is LE outrightly asking who created the profile.

Anyone with information was asked to contact abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com or 765-822-3535, and provide as much information as possible, such as when and how you communicated with “anthony_shots,” what social media apps were used, and if “anthony_shots” attempted to meet you or get your address. “If you have saved images or conversations with the anthony_shots profile, please attach them to your email,” the release said.
When his court case showed problems with the first class mail delivery, I wondered if someone left town. Then the thought crossed my mind that he might be covering for someone who really did create the profile.

As always, the more I learn about this case, the less I know and the more questions I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734