Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #140

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
GH is sharing some information he received on the Anthony_Shots profile in March of 2017. It includes screenshots of an Anthony_Shots conversation with another individual.

ETA: I will have to go back to get the verbatim, but it sounds like it is being stated that this conversation was between a friend of Libby’s, which she had recently spent the night with, and the Anthony_Shots profile. JMO

C1 = Abby and Libby’s Classmate
In reference to Grey’s Hughes's program last night;

The ‘screenshot chat’ was sent to Grey from LM.

March 22 2o17: LM a follower of Grey sent him a message that Libby’s Instagram open can see Anthony _Shots like.

In another chat a week before Abby and Libby’s murders; C1
a close friend of Abby’s and Libby’s. before their murders say early February 2o17 had a conversation with Anthony_Shots.

‘Grey showed a screenshot of the conversation. The dialog from Kegan was exactly something a dirtbag like Kegan would say,”
‘Anthony chat to C1
“Thave monev sillv I have a few super nice cars it
wouldn't be a big deal for me to come to you”​

In reference to Gray Hughes's program last night; the screenshot chat was from a classmate of Abby’s and Libby’s ‘it is their friend’s conversation with Kegan a week or two before their murders’. So the chat was a log of their entire exchange. This chat would have taken place in early February 2017. Then in March of 2017 after Abby’s and Libby’s murders she sent a screenshot of the chat log to Grey and LE.

‘Please if I have made any additional errors from my notes from last night’s Gray Hughes's program could you please correct me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another questionable memory...

I know the wording "creepy guy" was not an exact quote from the audio, but didn't BP confirm that the girls were talking about the guy behind them? Whatever it was, I remember thinking it sounded like maybe they had seen him before the end of the bridge.

ETA: Here's what I could find, post #341, referring to a FB Q&A with BP and TG:

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #130

Question: "Did Libby text Mike?"
Becky: "Libby did not text Mike saying some creep was following them - I searched phone records to confirm this - Mike does not use messenger or messages on Facebook. She was heard on audio she turned on as BG was spotted coming towards them, they were talking about that creepy guy they'd seen earlier."

Last edited:
well...if that's true then it is likely whoever was manning the anthony_shots profile was clearly within the friends circle, and his "friends" could have been within it too.

Is there any information on other Snaps that the girls may have posted that day, before they went to the trail? If they were posting their day and what they were doing, someone could have easily been following them, watching in person and on SC

... In a nutshell: He had forgot about this as it was right after the murders. It appears the profile was communicating with others in Libby’s circle as well. It was creeper stuff as you would expect from an online perv.

Thank you! I've got a "video not available" error in the link you posted but I'll see what I can find directly at YT. I think I remember press talking to a friend of Libby's, one who had recently had a sleepover with her, if I remember correctly? And I wonder if this is the same young lady.

Thank you! I've got a "video not available" error in the link you posted but I'll see what I can find directly at YT. I think I remember press talking to a friend of Libby's, one who had recently had a sleepover with her, if I remember correctly? And I wonder if this is the same young lady.

New Video:

well...if that's true then it is likely whoever was manning the anthony_shots profile was clearly within the friends circle, and his "friends" could have been within it too.

Is there any information on other Snaps that the girls may have posted that day, before they went to the trail? If they were posting their day and what they were doing, someone could have easily been following them, watching in person and on SC

It seems to me it's entirely possible that a girl who didn't go to the bridge is the missing link. If it was loosely going a be a group of girls, one girl who might've been catfish unaware communicated that she was (for example) upset that her parents wouldn't let her go (implication being that her friends could). In a scenario like this, A and L would never have been catfished themselves nor have posted their plans/location. A friend may have been the unwitting portal.

JMO

Watching court tv and thinking to myself about the gimp walk and wondering if it was feigned impression to look harmless to get closer. After all Ted Bundy did this. Thoughts?

Edit for typos

He almost looked as if he was walking while intoxicated, JMHO. But... The Monon High Bridge is pretty rickety and you do have to watch closely where you step and make awkward steps over the gaps and rotted railroad ties. I don't think he has a gimp walk. I think it appears that way because of the way you have to walk to avoid the gaps and rotten spots while traversing that bridge.

He almost looked as if he was walking while intoxicated, JMHO. But... The Monon High Bridge is pretty rickety and you do have to watch closely where you step and make awkward steps over the gaps and rotted railroad ties. I don't think he has a gimp walk. I think it appears that way because of the way you have to walk to avoid the gaps and rotten spots while traversing that bridge.
Agreed. For some reason Im just stuck on the thought he would get closer acting like someone non threatening and weak and bum rushing the as he got close towards the end of the bridge. Something made them suspect strange behavior.
Hands in the pocket makes me believe he was confident walking with gaps.

You know what they say about coincedences. Nothing is random, certainly where there are this many.
Somewhere--possibly an "unsolved mystery" true crime book but I can't recall--the narrator says: "There is no such thing as coincidences. Except when there is." That captures IMO the feeling: "This *can't* be just a coincidence. Though maybe it is."

Yes. I’ve never thought he was walking weird across that dilapidated bridge.
If you videoed 100 people walking across that bridge they all would be walking funny by necessity or sheer terror of being up there.
I do think his slouch, the way his head is held, hands in pockets, etc are important however.

... The Monon High Bridge is pretty rickety and you do have to watch closely where you step and make awkward steps over the gaps and rotted railroad ties. I don't think he has a gimp walk. I think it appears that way because of the way you have to walk to avoid the gaps and rotten spots while traversing that bridge.

Agree 100%. Nobody could walk easily and quickly over that bridge, not safely, IMO. You could do it quickly, but it would require great care not to misplace a step. You could do it easily, but it would still require attention and care. Note the 2:07 photo of Abby--she's clearly watching where she puts her feet (IMO of course) even though she probably knows her friend is taking a photo of her.

Several people have said there's nothing to be learned from BG's method of walking, in the bridge video; it is clearly not a natural walk. I agree 100%. (Though I also thought Georgia was going to beat Alabama in the SEC championship game and look how accurate THAT belief was.)

It seems to me it's entirely possible that a girl who didn't go to the bridge is the missing link. If it was loosely going a be a group of girls, one girl who might've been catfish unaware communicated that she was (for example) upset that her parents wouldn't let her go (implication being that her friends could). In a scenario like this, A and L would never have been catfished themselves nor have posted their plans/location. A friend may have been the unwitting portal.

JMO
yes, after watching Gray Hughes's video it seems she was the one in contact with Anthony-Shots (fake) profile on Snapchat.

he scaled that bridge like mr.twinkle toes...are you kidding me? you couldn't be more nonchalant and free from anxiety. mOO
Yup same too. I would be all jazz hands. I so want this perp taken down like natgeo/ Disney animal kingdom!!

Last edited:
I've mentioned before the GH show where a caller GH trusts called in and was speaking to the small amount of touch DNA found on one of the girl's sweatshirt shoulder.

He also talked about the killer still being there for awhile when Libby's Dad was searching.

I took away from it all that the caller knew about certain things because he's related to someone in the know.

1:59:30 about the touch DNA being found on one of the girl's sweatshirt shoulder.

2:04:20 discusses the killer still being there after DG was there looking for the girls.

Thanks. I remember that video, the touch DNA on the sweatshirt, only a partial DNA and the issues with the DNA. Right off, though, I only remember one thing he said about the DNA that was later corroborated by LE. That was the fact that LE wasn't sure if they had the killer's DNA and that came out this last February when Sheriff Tobe Leazenby acknowledged that fact to HLN in an interview. I still question the validity of the info though. In my background as an auditor, testimonial evidence is the lowest form of evidence. So low, in fact, that it can not be used as evidence in an audit report unless it is corroborated by other stronger, non-testimonial evidence. So that is really my take on it from where I'm coming from.

The caller's take on how long he was in the area is interesting and I wonder what he is basing it on or the reliability of his source. (Remember in that same HLN interview with Sheriff Leazenby, he states they do not know the path of the killer from the crime scene. So does LE even have a handle on the timeline?) If the girls encountered the killer between 2:15 and 2:30 (from FBI billboards early on) the path from the bridge, down the hill and to the crime scene could have been covered in 15-20 minutes. If the murders happened fairly quick - and I believe they did - this killer could have started his exit from the crime scene 10-20 minutes before Liberty's father arrived (3:11). It is possible that by 3:30 this killer could be on the road exiting the Delphi area. Of course, he could have taken his time leaving the area. I just believe he left as quickly as he could without being seen.

What I do find interesting is about 2:10 in the video, the caller speculates the killer was visiting someone nearby and committed the murders. One of my strongest scenarios from very early on has been a variation of that scenario. The weakness I find with the caller's scenario is that if the killer was visiting a resident, then someone in the area might at least remember the face from somewhere in town. I believe the killer had, sometime in the past, BEEN - past tense - a visitor or even a resident. Perhaps as a middle school student. I know when I had an older relative in the mid-west, I ventured not only all over the property, but crossed numerous fences and became familiar with a large part of that county. (Yeah, I was trespassing, but to the best of my knowledge I was never seen, let alone caught.) Had I gone back there 10-15 years later I could have continued over that same area. And if I did return I seriously doubt if anyone would have recognized me as the 12-15 yo kid who used to stay with persons who had been deceased for about 8-10 years. And the area I'm talking about in the mid-west is probably 5-10 times larger than the Delphi trail and adjacent property. Still it is interesting to hear someone on a GH video or another video or podcast toss out a similar scenario.

JMO

@Megnut, Thank you for sharing your insightful theory that this is indeed the "missing link".

Your well-thought-out post answers so many questions surrounding this case and may indeed solve this case.

May today be the day!

Agreed. For some reason Im just stuck on the thought he would get closer acting like someone non threatening and weak and bum rushing the as he got close towards the end of the bridge. Something made them suspect strange behavior.
Hands in the pocket makes me believe he was confident walking with gaps.

If the video was taken at approximately 2 - 3 pm on 2/13/2017, it was between 37 and 45 degrees in Delphi that afternoon, so the hands in the pockets could just be to keep his hands warm. Or he was holding his gun in one of those pockets. Or both.

Weather in February 2017 in Delphi, Indiana, USA

I’ve always thought LE dismissed some lead or someone in this case without a real reason. I thought that likely it involved them knowing someone and not investigating them thoroughly because of that. Now it looks like it just might have been incompetence or, as you said, they just didn’t bother.

If it was just the local LE involved in the beginning, I could see where you might be right. Small town incompitence. I would like to believe since the FBI was involved from the start that their actions regarding KK were due to a plan perhaps.
You know......let the guy go but never let him out of their site and scope out All of his internet communications. See who it leads to and if there were bigger fish to fry. Think they just got tired of waiting for connections, so they pull him in on CP charges to keep him on the line while they continue to research Abbey and Libby's murder . I think others have also suggested this....who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025