Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #141

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO about this case and the monster on the bridge, BG.

I know that I'm not saying anything new, but I've followed this case on and off but only recently made an account here, and I wanted to sort of compile all my thoughts on this case after going over some of the old threads.

IMO he is not a shut-in, meth addicted SO with crippling self esteem issues. If he was any of the local "usual suspects" I believe LE would have already got him. I believe he is a narcissist, any crippling self-esteem issues disguised from the world under a mask of a normal person, or at least someone who is confident with giving an air of authority in his day-to-day life. He might be a coach, outdoorsman, former military, firefighter, security guard, or has done that or similar at some point in the past. He is probably able to keep up appearances of a level of normalcy, holding a job and maybe even having a "normal" family life despite red flags for those around him. I doubt those around him know of his activities and are covering for him, more likely they have no idea, or have some red flags about his general behavior but nothing solid to make them think he is BG.
I believe you can pick up on this in the way he approached the girls, confident in his plan, and gave a short simple order to them. It sounds to my ear the way a coach or even parent (I shudder at that thought) would speak to teens - not raising his voice or repeating himself, just expecting them to obey, and using the word "guys" in a way that to me hints at familiarity, even if they didn't know him. That alone may have been a factor in how he was able to control the two initially, with the gun lending dangerous weight. I think Libby and Abby may have picked up on red flags seeing him before and when he approached them, but his confidence, and then the gun, meant he had control of the situation before any alarm bells could go off/sink in. I think he displays planning and efficient use of time that hint at being a motivated, pre-planned killer going after a random target, rather than someone who simply seized on an opportunity they could not resist. That is not to say I think he stalked the girls beforehand or lured them there, but I think the location was chosen and he "took what he could get" in a similar way to Israel Keyes. IMO he planned and created the trap, Abby and Libby were just the ones with the horrible luck to be caught in it. I think he dressed for spending some time in the elements to lie in wait, brought a kill kit along that day, and knew the trails well enough to know which ones lead where so he could be reasonably sure he was alone with his victims. I do not think there was a car down below; I think the down the hill, out of view along the creek was always his intended second location.

I also believe he is not necessarily local to Delphi, but comfortable with the area and probably the kind of guy that spends a lot of time outdoors or travelling around communities (again, possibly former military or being very into the outdoors, hunting, camping, or driving a lot through rural areas for his job). My own father is like that and my family often jokes that you could drive him blindfolded to any random spot in our state, drop him off and he would be able to tell you exactly where you are. There are a LOT of men like this in the mid-west and I personally don't think he would really stick out to people if he looked typical, even in a small town like Delphi.

I think if he has a prior record it is probably not strikingly similar - maybe previous violence toward women but not minors, or just a relatively innocuous criminal record. LE may have DNA tied to another case but not a known individual at this time. (I really hope they simply have DNA of an unknown individual, possibly tied to another crime, rather than none or a bad sample).

I fear the lack of an obvious record, being not-quite-local, and choosing victims randomly/unconnected to himself makes it a lot harder to find whoever did this.

Other random observations and thoughts:
Catfishing is a theory I've always personally thought is quite unlikely, but I would like to hear others thoughts on why they disagree.
I could see him lashing out from a narcissistic injury but I believe in that case, its likely the injury came from someone else and his lashing out at Libby and Abby was randomly chosen.

I think BG may be left handed both from what appears to be the imprint of a concealed gun in the right side of his jacket in the images and from what I think looks like a watch on his right wrist.

I agree with the profiles that say he is a visually oriented individual. I don't think he is a voice actor, announcer or anything like others have suggested, but has a typical regional accent and demeanor to many men in that area. If he does have a job or role in the community where he uses his voice (I'm forgetting the source/quote with a LEO or family member who say they think they may be familiar with the voice?), maybe a member of the umpire's league for school ballgames in the area. That would have him visiting a lot of the small towns in the region and potentially also knowing when school is out, as well as being around kids like Abby and Libby but in a less well-known and less identifiable role as a coach would be.

He probably does read about the case and possibly even comment. I can't see a narcissist who would leave signatures and be confident in his own intelligence (whether that is founded or, more likely, not) being able to resist doing so over the years this case has been getting attention. For the record I don't think he's all that smart, just lucky, so far, and slightly better at planning than some of the POI commonly mentioned in this case would be. CE is one that gave me pause for a long time though, and I still can't shake him from my mind as a possibility. And I don't discount him just because LE say they cannot definitely tie him to the area. He is a dead ringer for that first sketch IMO.

Personally I just don't see the BG in the photos/video in that second sketch, but that might just be chalked up to the witness and artist, who knows. I'd be shocked if BG looks more like the second sketch than the first. I also think he is far closer to 40 (or even 50+) than 18, to put it mildly. Everything about that video, and all the other details, seems like a middle aged or older man to me.

I hope that this year, they might assign a someone new to go over old evidence and tips from a fresh perspective and consider everything, even if it was discounted.

I know one thing with absolute certainty. It's been too long for these families without justice, the community living in fear, and I hope that no matter if I'm right or totally off base, we have our answers soon. Abby and Libby should be going to college or starting their young adult lives now, and all that was stolen by this monster. I doubt he is capable of remorse but I hope he fears that knock on the door every single moment.

Very good description, and I agree with many points. Overall. I think he is dysfunctional, and the family knows about it, but does not link him to murders, because superficially, he clicks no points. He is probably a family man, employed and doing OK financially, likely, has a hobby, was never incarcerated, maybe even “thank you for your service” man.

Me being me and thinking what could he be, if he lives in Indiana…or IA, or IL, I have a question.

Do people in Indiana have local tour guides? Showing tourists (and locals) how to hike, kayak, something very cool and local? I know in my state, for example, there were people organizing “gems and mineral tours”, as West Coast is rich in minerals. One could bring own equipment, or borrow from the guide (I remember a hammer. Basically, lots of rock mining kits could double up as kill kits.) Just one example, there could be something else.

I paid attention to your phrase that he “travels along communities”, he organizes mixed groups, and uses voice quite a lot. Could his side business be organizing tours? Also, he is visual and visits a lot of towns on his way, and uses the terrain.

And if organizing tourists, what kind of tours would be popular in Midwest/Indiana? Are there any?

Last edited:
Here is the thing about "eyewitness" testimony: It is not as reliable as many people think.

If people were really honest with themselves, they would admit that even if they had been on the Monon High Bridge trail around the same time as the girls were murdered and the killer walked past them, they probably would not have noticed either.

If you were asked to describe the person in front of you at the store today, could you do it? Could you give an honest factual description if the person was a complete stranger and they walked past you once.

In my opinion, this is why Abigail Williams and Liberty German's case is not solved. The eyewitnesses in this case think they saw the person from the video. If they did see this person, their description from memory has not been very helpful. I can only imagine how many "tips" are from people like us who think either based on the video or one of the sketches that we have seen bridge guy too. LE has to figure out which ones seem genuine and which ones are your average online sleuth trying to be the police detective.

In my opinion, I think the killer in this case will end up being much older and looking completely different from that second sketch released in April 2019. Then when his face is revealed it will be one of those wow moments when everyone realizes why it was so hard to find him in the first place. This is assuming that the killer is still alive too.

In my opinion, the case went awry when LE released that second sketch at the April 2019 press conference. In my opinion, once that 2nd sketch was released, what it said was that they had moved the video to the back of the information or maybe given up on it altogether.

To add to it, after the murders, it was just a photo shown (and I, living far from Indiana, never heard about it in 2017). Where this guy lived immediately after the murders, whether he matched the blurry video, is not clear. Probably, not. As to now, when there is more awareness about the case…take your pick, it could be Illinois, Des Moines, Philly…any big city with mask mandate. It rules out a number of places, but automatically rules in, for example, most of the West Coast.

I am positive that he hides under a mask. And while his accent might give him away in Boston (but perhaps, there is no accent?), he probably lives in a state and a city with a mask mandate.

To add to it, after the murders, it was just a photo shown (and I, living far from Indiana, never heard about it in 2017). Where this guy lived immediately after the murders, whether he matched the blurry video, is not clear. Probably, not. As to now, when there is more awareness about the case…take your pick, it could be Illinois, Des Moines, Philly…any big city with mask mandate. It rules out a number of places, but automatically rules in, for example, most of the West Coast.

I am positive that he hides under a mask. And while his accent might give him away in Boston (but perhaps, there is no accent?), he probably lives in a state and a city with a mask mandate.

MOO I think the guy we see in the video would be a fish out of water in a bigger city <modsnip>, and probably prefers his "home turf" or chooses areas where he feels comfortable and at home. I don't think he would be interacting with tourists per say but rather hunting, fishing etc as a hobby or lifestyle, or maybe being involved with youth sports or through church (church feels least likely to me, but could be part of his keeping up appearances). He gives me the vibes of a "normal" (he is anything but normal as we know) rural man who knows the area well and feels comfortable moving in those circles with people like himself. He might even have been counting on the fact that it was a quiet town where people didn't have their guards up and local LE would be inexperienced with this kind of case and not assume foul play at first. I'd be quite surprised to find out he lived in a larger urban city at the time of the crime or has moved from rural to urban since then. Maybe a different town or even a different state but I think it would be a similar smaller town. I think the mask he uses to elude notice is the guise of a normal man for his peer group and the facade of a normal life in a quiet community, not a literal mask. We'd seen his face long before any mask mandates and it was no more helpful in IDing him then. I think he just blends in. Just my opinion and speculation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the thing about "eyewitness" testimony: It is not as reliable as many people think.

If people were really honest with themselves, they would admit that even if they had been on the Monon High Bridge trail around the same time as the girls were murdered and the killer walked past them, they probably would not have noticed either.

If you were asked to describe the person in front of you at the store today, could you do it? Could you give an honest factual description if the person was a complete stranger and they walked past you once.

In my opinion, this is why Abigail Williams and Liberty German's case is not solved. The eyewitnesses in this case think they saw the person from the video. If they did see this person, their description from memory has not been very helpful. I can only imagine how many "tips" are from people like us who think either based on the video or one of the sketches that we have seen bridge guy too. LE has to figure out which ones seem genuine and which ones are your average online sleuth trying to be the police detective.

In my opinion, I think the killer in this case will end up being much older and looking completely different from that second sketch released in April 2019. Then when his face is revealed it will be one of those wow moments when everyone realizes why it was so hard to find him in the first place. This is assuming that the killer is still alive too.

In my opinion, the case went awry when LE released that second sketch at the April 2019 press conference. In my opinion, once that 2nd sketch was released, what it said was that they had moved the video to the back of the information or maybe given up on it altogether.
Absolutely!

2 thoughts here
One--- witnessess may have thought they saw BG but in reality, was NOT BG.
TWO-- while I also first thought the sketch released at 2019 presser meant that LE did NOT have a clue, after reading family news, youtubes, etc... they all said, it was for a reason and they have faith.

So--- if it was for a reason to bring out sketch #2, which I thought was a bunch of baloney when watching and a bit of a shock, I want to believe the families that is was for "a reason".
What that reason is...I have no idea because, honestly, sketch #2 does not look like BG on the bridge.
So--I am back to being confused again. LOL
JMO

It took me a while to figure out sketches. IMO this is how I understand it now.
Both sketches were drawn early on the police went on with old man sketch because he resembled more of a video man. The young man sketch was probably seen as inaccurate description by a witness. With time either old man sketch was actually located and had nothing to do with the case or his description by a witness turned out to be way off.

“The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation.“
Indiana State Police clarify reasons for 2nd sketch in Delphi murders case
In the meantime there was young sketch. Police with time realised that they can’t locate the young man seen by a witness.
Maybe they located everyone who was there that day but not the young man. That’s why they decided to go on with it. Thats my opinion which makes sense to me but might not to everyone!
“ Investigators released the clarification on Wednesday, saying that the new sketch, which was created by a different eyewitness account, is now the person they are searching for.”
https://www.wrtv.com/isp-person-in-...t-a-person-of-interest-in-libby-abbys-murders

https://www.wishtv.com/news/indiana...easons-for-2nd-sketch-in-delphi-murders-case/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring