Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #142

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just my opinion, but even if there was an online element, I still think the events that day could have been random to some extent. I just can't ignore my gut feeling that BG saw them dropped off (and I'll fully admit I could be WAY off). At the beginning, I questioned why he would have been driving those back roads in order to be there to see the girls dropped off. Since the KAK news broke, I've wondered if he was already watching them, and that's how he knew they got dropped off. In that respect, the day, time, location, etc. could be random. All he really had to do was follow them on the trails until he got to a place he could approach them without anyone seeing. From there, he easily could have walked them until they were out of view of the bridge or any other structure. Where their bodies were found just happened to be the spot BG decided they were finally safely isolated. IDK...

Since LE is still asking to talk to anyone who spoke with a_shots, I can't help but wonder if they are hoping that somebody who communicated with a_shots, also has information about BG and doesn't even know it.
You must be reading my mind. I have always thought that BG might have seen the girls being dropped off. I have always wondered if he had been watching Kelsi, or if he had seen the 3 girls in the car that afternoon, and followed them to the parking area.

I wonder if they had stopped at a gas station or mini mart for water bottles or snacks for their hike? Could a predator have followed them and noticed the 2 young girls were being dropped off, alone?

You must be reading my mind. I have always thought that BG might have seen the girls being dropped off. I have always wondered if he had been watching Kelsi, or if he had seen the 3 girls in the car that afternoon, and followed them to the parking area.

I wonder if they had stopped at a gas station or mini mart for water bottles or snacks for their hike? Could a predator have followed them and noticed the 2 young girls were being dropped off, alone?
I've certainly thought it possible. And it would definitely indicate a local if someone was already driving on those back roads near the trail when he saw them. Jmo.

But this KAK stuff really makes me question things...

They just aired part of the interview with Kegan Kline on HLN. Here are some of the highlights:
  • Kegan denied trying to meet the girls he was talking to with the Anthony_shots profile in real life
  • Kegan claimed that investigators told him he was the last person to communicate with Libby on the day of the murders (Feb 13th), he claimed he has no recollection of doing so
  • Kegan claimed to be cooperating with police (Barbara McDonald says he claims to have given DNA and a hair follicle sample to police)
  • Kegan claimed he didn't know the search warrant that was served on Feb 25th was related to the Abby and Libby case when it was served.
  • Kegan says "I've told them 100 times, I've done everything they wanted me to do, it's like they are just harassing me."
Barbara McDonald finished the segment by saying it's not clear if others had access to the Anthony_shots profile but investigators close to the case told her there is evidence someone using the profile was trying to meet girls in real life.
BBM
Which I have thought all along that Libby and Abby were targeted.
This is NOT random
JMO

Paul Holes talks about this whole two sketch thing is confusing the public. He thinks law enforcement needs to clarify this.
I agree with him, whole heartedly. I am still confused and have tried to sort it out by reading and rereading their various explanations---and they seem to be conflicting at times.

IIRC, DG (LG's father) was away from the area for a couple of hours, taking some photos in a nearby county in relation to some of the family's appraisal work.

I hope that LE has looked into whoever arranged the work that took DG away from the home for those two hours to make sure that arrangement was not in some way connected.

ETA: IF they were connected, it is possible the offender would know what time DG was heading back to the area. That would seem to imply others were involved (although would not necessarily mean the others knew they were being used for a diversion... just that they were communicating the status of DG's work and departure to the offender).
WEll, IIRC,
BP, it was she who asked DG to go do the work
They did appraisals as a living and she sent him on this job.
JMO and IIRC

When KAK said that he felt like he was being harassed by LE he did something with his lips that showed me contempt/anger. Seen at min 28:18-28:22.
And he gave another tell, lying, seen at min 28:29.

(Does anyone remember the TV show called “Lie To Me? I found that show to be completely and utterly mind blowing, and very helpful at helping me to better read people. I watched it over & over learning how’ve to read people.)

Last edited:
When KAK said that he felt like he was being harassed by LE he did something with his lips that showed me contempt/anger.
Min 28:18-28:22, he gave another tell, lying, /at min 28:29

(Does anyone remember the TV show called “Lie To Me? I found that show to be completely and utterly mind blowing, and very helpful at helping me to better read people. I watched it over & over learning how’ve to read people.)
Logically, he would be lying. Who would voluntarily admit on national tv, they were trying to entice 13 yr old girls to meet up with them?

Especially girls that were later found murdered?

This is all just speculation on my part, but I’m wondering, since the 2nd sketch was actually made before the 1st, if the 2nd sketch is based on the Anthony Shots profile. I wonder if LE looked into the girls’ social media, saw Libby had been in contact with Anthony Shots and created the sketch based on the Anthony Shots model. Honestly, I think the sketch and the model look pretty similar. But once LE saw the video from Libby’s phone, the sketch was dropped because BG is clearly not the male model, and the sketch that was released 1st is based on the video.

Possible LE circled back to the initial sketch when they realized there was a solid SM connection and that the girls were being catfished, which would make sense why Carter indicated they were going in a different direction. Just my thoughts.

The affidavit they showed on screen said
  • "white two-story single-family dwelling, including his detached garage, outbuildings, and a white Ford F250"
Also in the corner of the page, it was from "CARROLL CIRCUIT COURT" so it was issued in Carrol County. Matches Ron Logan's property and the redacted text of the property owner's name is the right length as well as having the lower hook of a 'g' as in 'Logan' showing right where it would if Ron Logan was the name being redacted.

Also found this from the probable cause affidavit shown on tonight's HLN special. The date on the document is March 17, 2017. That's the day the search warrant was served at RL's property. (News article from the day of the search Delphi murders: Police serve search warrant at property owner's home)

Given that the description of the property matches RL's and the date of the search matches that all but confirms that the document that HLN based all their new headlines on was a probable cause affidavit to search RL's property. JMO

upload_2022-2-12_23-8-24.png

The comment by JSM about an “edged weapon” being used was news to me.
moo.

He said there has been talk of a edged weapon, it's not a fact he's stating, he's just repeating speculation. However, what I do find interesting is that Paul Holes does know what DNA evidence they had early on. On an Insta Live he said he had talked to investigators and this case would not be solved with DNA. I find his example of how DNA would be difficult to point to who BG is very interesting and perhaps is actually the truth of why the DNA isn't a great tool in this case.

Do we know how long it takes (on average) to cross the bridge?

At a good clip, it can be cleared in about 4-5 minutes. I know someone who has crossed the bridge. So BG wouldn't necessarily have to be on that bridge when the SnapChat photo was taken.

This is all just speculation on my part, but I’m wondering, since the 2nd sketch was actually made before the 1st, if the 2nd sketch is based on the Anthony Shots profile. I wonder if LE looked into the girls’ social media, saw Libby had been in contact with Anthony Shots and created the sketch based on the Anthony Shots model. Honestly, I think the sketch and the model look pretty similar. But once LE saw the video from Libby’s phone, the sketch was dropped because BG is clearly not the male model, and the sketch that was released 1st is based on the video.

Possible LE circled back to the initial sketch when they realized there was a solid SM connection and that the girls were being catfished, which would make sense why Carter indicated they were going in a different direction. Just my thoughts.
IMO-- YES-- I think now, looking back, that the sketch released at 2019 presser could very well be a sketch of An_shots ... but they said it was based on a witness.
So... a witness who knew this profile "chatted" or followed Libby and/or Abby ??
Interesting

Also found this from the probable cause affidavit shown on tonight's HLN special. The date on the document is March 17, 2017. That's the day the search warrant was served at RL's property. (News article from the day of the search Delphi murders: Police serve search warrant at property owner's home)

Given that the description of the property matches RL's and the date of the search matches that all but confirms that the document that HLN based all their new headlines on was a probable cause affidavit to search RL's property. JMO

View attachment 333442
Yes and RL gave LE/FBI and even a few news people permission to seach his land.
AFter all, The girls were found on the edge of his property and he is innocent, so why not let them search ?

@MassGuy, you did a great job with your synopsis. Thank you!

My comments:

A couple of times during the video (twice I think?) they merged the two photos, slowly. I think viewers should pause and really take a look and see if the merging of the photos looks like anyone.

I understand it was a timing/taping issue, but I wish they (especially Paul Holes) would have talked about what Carter said about "80-100" extra staff on the case AFTER an arrest is made. What does he make of that??

I'm really gonna have to think about this timeline again with the new "43 seconds at 2:13, and "down the hill" is at the end of it" information. And BG nowhere in the photo of Abby.
is it possible the "hill" the killer was talking about was the hill down to the creek from the private drive? I'm confused that "Guys" "Down the hill" is at the very end of the 43 seconds recorded. Was it specified the video is the 43 seconds as well as the audio? Or was some of it just audio as Libby hid her phone in a pocket?

I've thought about that. What I can't get my head around is that some LE (FBI) are now only using the young guy sketch and claiming the other one should not be used. But other LE still claims the old guy sketch is valid. If the young guy sketch was the a_s profile, why push so hard to say that's BG when they know it's not? Especially now that we know the profile exists?

Last edited:
is it possible the "hill" the killer was talking about was the hill down to the creek from the private drive? I'm confused that "Guys" "Down the hill" is at the very end of the 43 seconds recorded. Was it specified the video is the 43 seconds as well as the audio? Or was some of it just audio as Libby hid her phone in a pocket?

It was stated that the audio comes at the end of the 43 second video. There was no indication of where the phone was (LE may not know and it may not be relevant to the paperwork) If BG was 50-70 ft away from the girls in the clip we see, it would have taken him about 15 seconds to get to the girls (I did the math once based on average walking speeds).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734