Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #145

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this interesting.

How to share the Wi-Fi password from an Apple iPhone 5s without typing it
In Apple devices such as the Apple iPhone 5s it is possible to share the password and configuration of the Wi-Fi network to which you are connected through AirDrop with other Apple devices, to share the password from an iPhone 5s to an Android, you must install an application from the App Store, which if you can read the QR code of the Wifi key from the Apple iPhone 5s.

In the Apple iPhone 5s, unlike in Android devices, the Wi-Fi network key is not shared by means of a QR code, but rather it is done wirelessly by bringing both devices closer together.

Follow the steps below to instantly share your home or workplace Wi-Fi password with another Apple device user.

Estimated time: 1 minutes.

How to share WiFi password on Apple iPhone 5s

Estimated time: 1 minutes.

Yes, but the device that you are sharing your password with would have to be in the range of your wifi. For example you can't share your wifi password with someone on the other side of town and expect them to be hooked up to your wifi. They would have to be within range.

I remember hearing somewhere that Libby's sister, Kelsi, had the passwords to her SM accounts. I wonder if she ever saw messages or anything about someone talking to Libby. I'm only curious. Please don't take this as me implying anything negatively about Kelsi. That's not my intention at all and I mean nothing by asking this question. I'm only thinking about all of this and wondering about different things, like if she initially mentioned A_S to LE.

I remember hearing somewhere that Libby's sister, Kelsi, had the passwords to her SM accounts. I wonder if she ever saw messages or anything about someone talking to Libby. I'm only curious. Please don't take this as me implying anything negatively about Kelsi. That's not my intention at all and I mean nothing by asking this question. I'm only thinking about all of this and wondering about different things, like if she initially mentioned A_S to LE.

I don't know if Kelsi had access to all of Libby's accounts or just some of them/the ones that were still logged in on devices left at home (I certainly haven't seen every interview Kelsi has given so this info may be out there). What I do remember is both Becky Patty and Abby's mom saying that Becky had the passwords to Libby's accounts. However, I would interpret that as, she had the ability to access to the accounts that were known. There may have been other profiles or apps used by Libby that she didn't realize she didn't have access to.

I wonder where he told her he lived, if she thought he was coming from far away or what (IF she was planning to meet cute boy imposter). We don’t know that info, do we?

No, we don't. Details on the meeting, how he got her to agree to it, and what she thought would be happening there weren't really revealed by the documents that were released so far. @margarita25 I think you also had this question. Also, by the time of the Barbara MacDonald phone interview, KAK seems to be backtracking and denying knowledge of it. When MacDonald asks if he was the last person to speak to Libby his answer is something like "that's what they tell me but I don't remember it" (paraphrasing)

I wonder how the families feel about blindly trusting LE?!?

I think they knew they were going to have to put blind trust in LE because LE was upfront with them that there were going to be things they would not be told and this was for the integrity of the investigation. Maybe some families would not be accepting of that but for the most part the victims' families in this case were, IMO. Possibly that ability to trust was due to previous positive life experiences with LE or just their general worldview.

I'm basing that opinion on the episode "Three Februaries" from the podcast Down the Hill. In this episode, Mike Patty and Doug Carter participate in a joint interview and MP describes what "his" role is to support the investigation and part of that is not knowing certain things right now. He says he's okay with this because his ultimate goal is not merely finding out who did it but the conviction of the person responsible. The trade off, he says, is that police "owe me" - he's trading his desire to know everything for the knowledge that LE will be ultimately successful at solving the case.

He also talks about how his religious views, which are shared by senior members of LE involved in the case, lead him/them to the belief that the person responsible will ultimately be punished and gives insight into how they can take a "waiting" posture and find that acceptable. It's an enlightening look into the mindset of some members of the family and LE, if you haven't listened: Chapter 9: Three Februaries - Down The Hill: The Delphi Murders - Omny.fm

We've had a lot of discussion about Parabon and so an appeal in Elkhart County caught my attention. I can't copy/past from it so I'll just summarize.
21A-CR-00118
Pg 11
The murder happened on Oct 9, 2012
The murderer left DNA and a witness but LE couldn't put together a suspect. Four years later, a new investigator took the case over and decided to contact Parabon.

Parabon ran the DNA and, on Oct. 16, 2018, provided a report with a name as an investigatory lead. So LE found an address, did a "knock and talk", which confirmed the person named did live there. Then did a trash pull from the residence, sent some samples from that to the IN State Police lab and they came back with a match to the named suspect. They obtained a warrant for his DNA and it matched the samples. He was arrested, etc..

I think they knew they were going to have to put blind trust in LE because LE was upfront with them that there were going to be things they would not be told and this was for the integrity of the investigation. Maybe some families would not be accepting of that but for the most part the victims' families in this case were, IMO. Possibly that ability to trust was due to previous positive life experiences with LE or just their general worldview.

I'm basing that opinion on the episode "Three Februaries" from the podcast Down the Hill. In this episode, Mike Patty and Doug Carter participate in a joint interview and MP describes what "his" role is to support the investigation and part of that is not knowing certain things right now. He says he's okay with this because his ultimate goal is not merely finding out who did it but the conviction of the person responsible. The trade off, he says, is that police "owe me" - he's trading his desire to know everything for the knowledge that LE will be ultimately successful at solving the case.

He also talks about how his religious views, which are shared by senior members of LE involved in the case, lead him/them to the belief that the person responsible will ultimately be punished and gives insight into how they can take a "waiting" posture and find that acceptable. It's an enlightening look into the mindset of some members of the family and LE, if you haven't listened: Chapter 9: Three Februaries - Down The Hill: The Delphi Murders - Omny.fm
there is a much simpler explanation...small towns with more poor than not ....don't want to upset the local le so they wouldn't get in all kinds of trouble.
this is contrasted by the attitude of libby's mother who lives in another state

there is a much simpler explanation...small towns with more poor than not ....don't want to upset the local le so they wouldn't get in all kinds of trouble.
this is contrasted by the attitude of libby's mother who lives in another state

That's true, and it's also about total "outlook" or as I put it in my previous post, worldview. If you've been in trouble with LE personally, even for something minor, if you've gone through situations with legal issues with your kids, for example, and those did not generally work out in your favor, you go into a situation as a family member of a victim with one set of expectations and it's possibly negative. On the other hand, if you have buddies or family members who are cops, and if legal or criminal situations have generally worked out in your favor in the past, it's much easier to trust that LE have your best interests in mind.

I'm not making a judgment as to whether the victims' families in this case are right or wrong to "blindly trust," as another poster put it, I just think that shared religious belief and overall worldview are helping bind some family in this case onto LE's side.

No, we don't. Details on the meeting, how he got her to agree to it, and what she thought would be happening there weren't really revealed by the documents that were released so far. @margarita25 I think you also had this question. Also, by the time of the Barbara MacDonald phone interview, KAK seems to be backtracking and denying knowledge of it. When MacDonald asks if he was the last person to speak to Libby his answer is something like "that's what they tell me but I don't remember it" (paraphrasing)
Yes, thank you, that is what I was thinking of as far as the discrepancy related to KAK’s admittance of “she never showed up”

Thank you but I wasn’t very clear. What I’m really wondering is if we knew where he told her he lived.

So here's something interesting I just noticed in KAK's 194 page interview (sorry if this is old news and I'm just catching on). On page 76, they are discussing how KAK found the Samsung Galaxy 5 in a rental car in Vegas, during the Feb. 2017 trip. He had a factory reset done on 2/23/17. They discuss him only having it a few days.

Fast forward to page 137 when the interviewing LE officer talks about the multiple snapchat logins around 8am on Feb. 13, 2017, at the Peru house, happening rapidly between two devices, which KAK says would be his phones. It seems apparent that the iPhone 5 is one, then KAK says that the other must be the Samsung (cracked screen, etc.).

But he wouldn't have had the Samsung yet if he found it in Vegas 10 day later. And the other Samsungs he'd had were last used back in 2015 or 2016, per the search affidavit.

So, what is he lying about? Did he actually own the Samsung 5 by Feb. 13, and factory reset it in Vegas, which means he lied about finding the phone in Vegas? Or did he actually find it in Vegas and he's lying about what other device was logging into the SC on Feb. 13. It seems to me if he owned the Samsung before hand, LE would have record of that.

IMO, this is an enormous red flag, and could possibly point to someone else in the Peru house accessing SC at the same time on the morning of Feb. 13, from their own device, which possibly was not taken during the 2/25/17 search.

Last edited:
As far as my reading of the transcripts, no, we don't know if he told he where he really lived.
Where his Anthony character lived? Sorry to keep clarifying. I have not been a good communicator today. I’m going to go back at what LE shared about the account with the model pics but what I’m trying to get a fuller picture of is the things he told her about himself— his fake online self. We know he indicated he had cars and cash, wondering what else he said/fabricated.

Yes, but the device that you are sharing your password with would have to be in the range of your wifi. For example you can't share your wifi password with someone on the other side of town and expect them to be hooked up to your wifi. They would have to be within range.
Wondering if KAK helped his Grandparents set up their home computer and wifi complete with password. We know they enjoyed spending winters in Florida. Maybe he even checked on the Indiana home while they were away. May have even house sit upon occasion.

So here's something interesting I just noticed in KAK's 194 page interview (sorry if this is old news and I'm just catching on). On page 76, they are discussing how KAK found the Samsung Galaxy 5 in a rental car in Vegas, during the Feb. 2017 trip. He had a factory reset done on 2/23/17. They discuss him only having it a few days.

Fast forward to page 137 when the interviewing LE officer talks about the multiple snapchat logins around 8am on Feb. 13, 2017, at the Peru house, happening rapidly between two devices, which KAK says would be his phones. It seems apparent that the iPhone 5 is one, then KAK says that the other must be the Samsung (cracked screen, etc.).

But he wouldn't have had the Samsung yet if he found it in Vegas 10 day later. And the other Samsungs he'd had were last used back in 2015 or 2016, per the search affidavit.

So, what is he lying about? Did he actually own the Samsung 5 by Feb. 13, and factory reset it in Vegas, which means he lied about finding the phone in Vegas? Or did he actually find it in Vegas and he's lying about what other device was logging into the SC on Feb. 13. It seems to me if he owned the Samsung before hand, LE would have record of that.

IMO, this is an enormous red flag, and could possibly point to someone else in the Peru house accessing SC at the same time on the morning of Feb. 13, from their own device, which possibly was not taken during the 2/25/17 search.

wow...very interesting... what Samsung are they talking about? here he has a whole story on how he found this phone..either a very obvious lie...or....???

For me also. It sickens me that L thought she was talking to a buff, attractive young person, and was actually talking to an older predator or predators.
I was discussing that with my husband. When they actually saw who they had been talking to, the sharp contrast between the guys, the feeling duped, anger and disgust. Then the fear because not only had they been lied to, he brought this older equally yuck man along too.
IMO of course of how I think things went down that day.

maybe in the driveway or the basement. would it work with a mobile hot spot?

IMO, if KAK’s mouth is moving, he’s lying. I believe he had the Samsung before the Vegas trip

IMO, if KAK’s mouth is moving, he’s lying. I believe he had the Samsung before the Vegas trip
I agree. I need to really look into this more but after reading the transcripts I kept having this feeling that TK was the owner of the Samsung 4 that was messaging from the Peru home at the early hours of February 13, 2017. With that being said I’m thinking KK had the Samsung 5 all along. He didn’t just find it in a seat cushion of a rental car. Too far fetched to try to fit his timeline and narrative. I think TK upgraded KK’s phone to get another phone. IMO TK may need KK’s technological advancements more than we know hence the upgrade.

Side note - as a parent my kids have better phones than I do. I know this is not the case with some but I don’t feel I need the same amount of technology. Plus I get used to using my old phone so upgrades are not always easy for us as an older generation. I think if TK had the Samsung 4 and KK had the Samsung 5 it may be out of comfortability and need but he helped finance it as KK does not seem to hold a job.

Overall, I think Samsung 4 was TK’s and Samsung 5 was KK’s. To be noted I think they shared phones.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member