Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #145

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I just want to know why the dads phone was not taken during the search since he lives at that address. Then again, maybe it was taken and nothing was found. Or maybe one of the phones that they have in their possession was the phone he was using during that time.

Thank you so much! This is all so confusing to me so I'm glad someone understands how this all works.

I'm just making a somewhat educated guess, but hopefully I'm answering the right question this time. I believe that cell phones probably work similarly to computers where IP addresses are concerned. On a PC or laptop, a dynamic IP address usually changes every 24 hours (or some multiple of 24 hours), whether the device is disconnected from the network or not. It will also usually change if your connection is terminated for some reason. If there is a power outage, if your router is reset or turned off for another reason (same with a computer), and other things. Some ISPs don't change the address unless there is a reset or disconnect and it's possible that you could have the same one for months (or even years if you can stay connected that long.)

Anyway, it shouldn't be real hard to compare when KAK's phone was in use and the A_S account was active at the same time. If there are a lot of times that they aren't the same, then they may have to go into his father's information more. I think I'm just babbling now. I had 3 calls while writing this and I keep losing my train of thought. Hope there's something helpful in here.

Thank you both so much for explaining this! I kind of had an idea that each phone had it's own private address, but had no idea how it would all connect.
So, knowing all of that, and knowing that the investigators were notified that there was CSAM coming from a particular IP address, how would they know what devices to ask for in a search warrant? Maybe I'm just assuming that they were only given one IP address that was coming from the router? Maybe I'm overthinking this part :confused:
They generally don’t have to specify individual devices. For example:

“United States v. Lacy, 119 F.3d 742, 746 (9th Cir. 1997) (warrant permitting “blanket seizure” of computer equipment from defendant’s apartment not insufciently particular when there was probable cause to believe that computer would contain evidence of child *advertiser censored* ofenses);”

In this case, the probable cause affidavit would likely have listed KAK, not TK, and he very likely told them up front that he was the creator of the anthony_shots account. That being said, they must have had some evidence/probable cause to search for CSAM or some other illegal electronic behavior involving minors.

Source: https://www.justice.gov/file/442111/download (there are several other examples/precedents on pp. 71-72)

Honestly, I just want to know why the dads phone was not taken during the search since he lives at that address. Then again, maybe it was taken and nothing was found. Or maybe one of the phones that they have in their possession was the phone he was using during that time.

Thank you so much! This is all so confusing to me so I'm glad someone understands how this all works.

Or maybe they did take it, but it's on a separate warrant that we don't know anything abut.

Any Samsung-made phone has a unique S / N serial number. The serial number for Samsung phones is 11 characters. By the device number, Samsung can identify the phone model at which factory it was assembled, as well as the production date with details of up to a month.

I'm sure LE knows by now if KAK actually "found" the Samsung phone in the back of a car in Vegas, or if the phone was his all along

I’ve always thought it odd that in no document, probable cause or interview, etc, is there any real mention of LE even talking to or even mentioning TK during the initial raid or otherwise.
Maybe all the devices were in KAK’s name so they were focused on him, but you would think they would have at least talked to other people living there.
Also, the fact that now, after all this time, it seems LE is super focused on TK, just makes it more strange.
Is this just another example of poor work by LE in this case?

If all the devices were in KK's name, how was he paying the bills?

So here's something interesting I just noticed in KAK's 194 page interview (sorry if this is old news and I'm just catching on). On page 76, they are discussing how KAK found the Samsung Galaxy 5 in a rental car in Vegas, during the Feb. 2017 trip. He had a factory reset done on 2/23/17. They discuss him only having it a few days.

Fast forward to page 137 when the interviewing LE officer talks about the multiple snapchat logins around 8am on Feb. 13, 2017, at the Peru house, happening rapidly between two devices, which KAK says would be his phones. It seems apparent that the iPhone 5 is one, then KAK says that the other must be the Samsung (cracked screen, etc.).

But he wouldn't have had the Samsung yet if he found it in Vegas 10 day later. And the other Samsungs he'd had were last used back in 2015 or 2016, per the search affidavit.

So, what is he lying about? Did he actually own the Samsung 5 by Feb. 13, and factory reset it in Vegas, which means he lied about finding the phone in Vegas? Or did he actually find it in Vegas and he's lying about what other device was logging into the SC on Feb. 13. It seems to me if he owned the Samsung before hand, LE would have record of that.

IMO, this is an enormous red flag, and could possibly point to someone else in the Peru house accessing SC at the same time on the morning of Feb. 13, from their own device, which possibly was not taken during the 2/25/17 search.

what phone did the fictitious Emily Ann use?

There's no evidence of that, the electronic trail from snapchat/instagram through comcast only led to the single location, being the TK/KAK house in Peru.
No evidence we know about at this time. I just find it strange that the iPhone, with the deleted and according to the interrogators of KAK in that redacted 194 page document the unrecoverable data, was overlooked during the search warrant.

When we first had our internet set up in my town (a medium size town but "next" to a city) it was not unusual for neighbors to "borrow" each others wifi...depending on who had what provider, it just happened. It was not as secure as it is now. Indiana is still quite rural and I'm theorizing similar instances could have happened in 2017. KAK may have known the ins and outs of how to do that. Just all conjecture as I really don't put stock in coincidence. AJMO

Last edited:
Any Samsung-made phone has a unique S / N serial number. The serial number for Samsung phones is 11 characters. By the device number, Samsung can identify the phone model at which factory it was assembled, as well as the production date with details of up to a month.

I'm sure LE knows by now if KAK actually "found" the Samsung phone in the back of a car in Vegas, or if the phone was his all along

Yeah, this smacks of kind of thing that losers tell themselves and each other (and eventually the cops) to rationalize whatever dumb stuff they're scheming up. Some people have no concept of the trail their devices leave, and how much better LE has gotten at following that trail.

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

This is a crime sleuthing site. Members need to know that any attempt to out another member's identity will result in a lifetime ban from Websleuths.

Post accordingly.

The KAK/TK push in the last few months is a controlled leak by law enforcement. I do believe they have involvement in what transpired on 2/13-14, but they are being used as a smokescreen to throw off (even if subtly) their main POIs.

jluther, please correct me if I am wrong. I believe the above wording is a bit ambiguous and when you state "I believe they have involvement ...", the "they" refers to KAK/TK (not that LE has involvement).

Please just clarify so members don't go off in the wrong direction.

Thank you.

jluther, please correct me if I am wrong. I believe the above wording is a bit ambiguous and when you state "I believe they have involvement ...", the "they" refers to KAK/TK (not that LE has involvement).

Please just clarify so members don't go off in the wrong direction.

Thank you.

That's how I interpreted it as well. Ambiguous, but I was able to fill in the gaps in a way that made sense to me.

No evidence we know about at this time. I just find it strange that the iPhone, with the deleted and according to the interrogators of KAK in that redacted 194 page document the unrecoverable data, was overlooked during the search warrant.

When we first had our internet set up in my town (a medium size town but "next" to a city) it was not unusual for neighbors to "borrow" each others wifi...depending on who had what provider, it just happened. It was not as secure as it is now. Indiana is still quite rural and I'm theorizing similar instances could have happened in 2017. KAK may have known the ins and outs of how to do that. Just all conjecture as I really don't put stock in coincidence. AJMO
I guess for me, it all comes down to Vegas. No matter who was using the Peru house wifi, or KAK's devices, with or without his knowledge, there was nobody else in Vegas besides KAK and his dad. And from Vegas, there were searches for *advertiser censored*, communications via a_shots to L (already dead) and her friend, constant searching on the Delphi case and IP address tracing.

Whatever happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas...and on your electronic devices.

Last edited:
do we know if Emily Ann was communicating with Libby? maybe they thought they were meeting a girl and thats why they weren't dressed up to meet a boy. Maybe they though Emily Ann might meet them at the park to hang out.

do we know if Emily Ann was communicating with Libby? maybe they thought they were meeting a girl and thats why they weren't dressed up to meet a boy. Maybe they though Emily Ann might meet them at the park to hang out.

All we really have to go on is the transcripts and there was no mention of emilyann45 talking to Libby or of both the anthony_shots and Emily Ann accounts both communicating with the same person.

I can't look back at the affidavit and interview transcripts at the moment, but I believe the emilyanne username was used over multiple years and on multiple devices, including the ones he was using in 2017.
Correct, it was used on pretty much all the devices. Definitely the iPhone 4, both Samsungs, an iPad, and the iPhone 5c. Not sure if I missed any but this guy has more devices than BestBuy.

I guess for me, it all comes down to Vegas. No matter who was using the Peru house wifi, or KAK's devices, with or without his knowledge, there was nobody else in Vegas besides KAK and his dad. And from Vegas, there were searches for *advertiser censored*, communications via a_shots to L (already dead) and her friend, constant searching on the Delphi case and IP address tracing.

Whatever happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas...and on your electronic devices.

I believe you’re right that nobody else was staying with them in Vegas but it sounds like KAK’s best friend was also in Vegas, since they said that KAK “blew him off” in Vegas, according to the transcript. It sounded to me like they were actually trying to imply that KAK was afraid of this friend (who sold “pounds of weed”) before they suddenly pivoted to TK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE