Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #147

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it have changed to a federal case? Can that happen?
Don't know. I've only ever seen one case disappeared; I couldn't find it by name search but it still came up in the case number search. He was a snitch and he got busted by LE. He gave such a crazy story that they didn't believe him and arrested him. lol... The news wrote a big article about him when he got busted.

https://www.wlfi.com/news/judge-sea...tp2DRu0jgCSiDI6-5w5ND6a_L_O6gqpR_zEXUb_9XmHQU

This might be the explanation.
Opens questions of its own though.
Hmmmmm…

Edit: Judge has sealed KAK’s court records. Don’t know why the link is goofed up.

Edit2: From the article:
“PERU, Ind. (WLFI) — A judge on Wednesday ordered court staff to seal Kegan Kline's Miami County child *advertiser censored* case.

An employee with the Miami County Clerk's Office says the case could be unsealed by the end of the day but declined to answer follow-up questions.”

It saddens me that there is still nobody locked up for this awful crime. I don’t think they have DNA, and if they do, and they haven’t used genealogy to find the guy/s, then that’s a crime in my eyes!!!! This case makes me so mad. Moo

I think a family member of Libby's said in an interview with Websleuths that she receives a lot of "advice" from people - and something that she often is told is to tell LE to get one of the famous genetic genealogists (like CeCe Moore) involved in the case. If I remember correctly she said the ISP told her that they have their own genetic genealogy expert they are working with who does the same type of thing. I think the interview where she talks about it is this one:

There have been other articles like this one from the Pharos Tribune where she's been pretty upfront that LE have told her there is DNA: Family says police have DNA evidence in Delphi murders

What does it all mean, since we haven't heard about progress being made by LE on the genetic front? I don't know. But I believe things are unfolding in the case that we are not privy to.

Even if LE were able to make some solid leads through genetic genealogy, it does not necessarily mean that an arrest can happen quickly. This goes against our sense of what justice should be, unfortunately.

Wasn't it in a different MS episode recently where they stated some of the charges might be dropped? I'm sorry for being ignorant about court procedures, but would they seal it for a day to make corrections to the charges? Or would those charges be dropped during a trial?

Wasn't it in a different MS episode recently where they stated some of the charges might be dropped? I'm sorry for being ignorant about court procedures, but would they seal it for a day to make corrections to the charges? Or would those charges be dropped during a trial?
I've never caught a case being sealed; only documents. I would guess they wouldn't seal it to drop a couple of charges. I have no idea if they would seal it to upgrade charges.

Along those same lines, perhaps sealing it for a day or so to speak to the families before anything can be leaked out.

I think a family member of Libby's said in an interview with Websleuths that she receives a lot of "advice" from people - and something that she often is told is to tell LE to get one of the famous genetic genealogists (like CeCe Moore) involved in the case. If I remember correctly she said the ISP told her that they have their own genetic genealogy expert they are working with who does the same type of thing. I think the interview where she talks about it is this one:

There have been other articles like this one from the Pharos Tribune where she's been pretty upfront that LE have told her there is DNA: Family says police have DNA evidence in Delphi murders

What does it all mean, since we haven't heard about progress being made by LE on the genetic front? I don't know. But I believe things are unfolding in the case that we are not privy to.

Even if LE were able to make some solid leads through genetic genealogy, it does not necessarily mean that an arrest can happen quickly. This goes against our sense of what justice should be, unfortunately.
Why not go to the best DNA geneaologist, with a proven track record?
MOO A mistake to give it to someone who just recently learned how.

From StarryStarryNight's link

"When the case was unsealed after noon Tuesday, News 18 also filed a public records request for several documents, including the motion by prosecutors to seal and the judge's order granting the request."

Update for the record:

08/24/2022Notice of Exclusion of Confidential Information

Filed By:
State of Indiana
Filed By:
Sinkovics, Jeffrey Kent
File Stamp:
08/19/2022
08/24/2022Motion to Seal Public Records Filed

Filed By:
State of Indiana
Filed By:
Sinkovics, Jeffrey Kent
File Stamp:
08/19/2022
08/24/2022Order Granting Motion to Seal Public Records

Judicial Officer:
Spahr, Timothy P.
Movant:
State of Indiana
Movant:
Sinkovics, Jeffrey Kent
Noticed:
Miami County Probation Department
Noticed:
Sinkovics, Jeffrey Kent
Noticed:
Achey, Andrew A.
Noticed:
Lee, Rhett Christopher
Order Signed:
08/19/2022
08/24/2022Order Granting Agreement of Parties

Judicial Officer:
Spahr, Timothy P.
Movant:
Kline, Kegan A.
Movant:
State of Indiana
Movant:
Sinkovics, Jeffrey Kent
Movant:
Achey, Andrew A.
Noticed:
Noticed:
Sinkovics, Jeffrey Kent
Noticed:
Achey, Andrew A.
Noticed:
Lee, Rhett Christopher
Order Signed:
08/19/2022
08/24/2022Order Issued
The Court hereby UNSEALS the Verified Motion to Seal filed 8/19/2022, and the Agreed Order dated 8/19/2022.
Judicial Officer:
Spahr, Timothy P.
Noticed:
Noticed:
Sinkovics, Jeffrey Kent
Noticed:
Achey, Andrew A.
Noticed:
Lee, Rhett Christopher
Order Signed:
08/24/2022

Why not go to the best DNA geneaologist, with a proven track record?
MOO A mistake to give it to someone who just recently learned how.

Boxer, these conversations, about sending it to the Parabon, went around since 2018. Given that since that time nothing has been found, I, sadly, think, that ISP decided to not send the DNA to the Parabon because they know who the predator is.

The Parabon is great at finding the culprit by his DNA. If only DNA is present. If, however, there is DNA and a suspect, any lab can prove a match, or a mismatch between the two. I think there is a known match. Logic points to it.

What stands in the way of ISP of making it public, I don't know. Maybe, it is impossible to prove that the DNA is the perpetrator's because the person joined the search party early on.

I don't believe that it is either KAK or JBC. I believe there is DNA, and it is a mismatch with both.

"When the case was unsealed after noon Tuesday, News 18 also filed a public records request for several documents, including the motion by prosecutors to seal and the judge's order granting the request."

Update for the record:

Filed By:
State of Indiana
Filed By:
Sinkovics, Jeffrey Kent
File Stamp:
08/19/2022

Filed By:
State of Indiana
Filed By:
Sinkovics, Jeffrey Kent
File Stamp:
08/19/2022

Judicial Officer:
Spahr, Timothy P.
Movant:
State of Indiana
Movant:
Sinkovics, Jeffrey Kent
Noticed:
Noticed:
Sinkovics, Jeffrey Kent
Noticed:
Achey, Andrew A.
Noticed:
Lee, Rhett Christopher
Order Signed:
08/19/2022

Judicial Officer:
Spahr, Timothy P.
Movant:
Kline, Kegan A.
Movant:
State of Indiana
Movant:
Sinkovics, Jeffrey Kent
Movant:
Achey, Andrew A.
Noticed:
Noticed:
Sinkovics, Jeffrey Kent
Noticed:
Achey, Andrew A.
Noticed:
Lee, Rhett Christopher
Order Signed:
08/19/2022
08/24/2022Order Issued
The Court hereby UNSEALS the Verified Motion to Seal filed 8/19/2022, and the Agreed Order dated 8/19/2022.
Judicial Officer:
Spahr, Timothy P.
Noticed:
Noticed:
Sinkovics, Jeffrey Kent
Noticed:
Achey, Andrew A.
Noticed:
Lee, Rhett Christopher
Order Signed:
08/24/2022

But what the heck is this all for?
If some charges were dropped, that contradicts the information saying KAK was not negotiating and that the prosecution did not want to negotiate with him.
Crazy. All these people are crazy.

But what the heck is this all for?
If some charges were dropped, that contradicts the information saying KAK was not negotiating and that the prosecution did not want to negotiate with him.
Crazy. All these people are crazy.
I don't really notice anything different with the charges, per say. There were always aggravating factors on the 2/17/17 charges, but were there always aggravating factors on the 2/25/2017 ones?

Last edited:

Update for the record:

Filed By:
State of Indiana
Filed By:
Sinkovics, Jeffrey Kent
File Stamp:
08/19/2022

Filed By:
State of Indiana
Filed By:
Sinkovics, Jeffrey Kent
File Stamp:
08/19/2022

Judicial Officer:
Spahr, Timothy P.
Movant:
State of Indiana
Movant:
Sinkovics, Jeffrey Kent
Noticed:
Noticed:
Sinkovics, Jeffrey Kent
Noticed:
Achey, Andrew A.
Noticed:
Lee, Rhett Christopher
Order Signed:
08/19/2022

Judicial Officer:
Spahr, Timothy P.
Movant:
Kline, Kegan A.
Movant:
State of Indiana
Movant:
Sinkovics, Jeffrey Kent
Movant:
Achey, Andrew A.
Noticed:
Noticed:
Sinkovics, Jeffrey Kent
Noticed:
Achey, Andrew A.
Noticed:
Lee, Rhett Christopher
Order Signed:
08/19/2022
08/24/2022Order Issued
Judicial Officer:
Spahr, Timothy P.
Noticed:
Noticed:
Sinkovics, Jeffrey Kent
Noticed:
Achey, Andrew A.
Noticed:
Lee, Rhett Christopher
Order Signed:
08/24/2022
"Notice of Exclusion of Confidential Information"...maybe as in an ongoing investigation?

The Probation Department is noticed...why would that be?

The unsealing is just for the document used to seal? So his court record is still sealed...except the document stating it's sealed? I'm confused

No sorry. I was asking if the charges were changed? I wasn’t sure. After reading CAREFULLY a second time, it appears that some information about KKs case will remain confidential.
Not sure of what or why.

I have seen Notice of Exclusion of Confidential Information in Indiana courts to simply mean things like not revealing SSN, addresses, phone numbers, etc and names of minors(which there are a lot of in this case).

I found the list of charges that I had copied and they are still all the same.

We're a few days behind in our excitement. All of those filings were done on Aug 19 but weren't made part of the court record we see until today. It was after those filings that defense asked for a continuance on Aug 22. Here's a short version of the motions I posted above:

08/24/2022 = Notice of Exclusion of Confidential Informati
File Stamp: 08/19/2022
08/24/2022 = Motion to Seal Public Records Filed
File Stamp: 08/19/2022
08/24/2022 = Order Granting Motion to Seal Public Records
Order Signed: 08/19/2022

08/22/2022 = Motion for Continuance Filed

StarryStarryNight's link is being updated. Indiana State Police had him in custody.

"Prosecutors on Friday asked a judge to seal the order revealing details about Kline's transfer of custody, arguing "release of this information would severely hinder the efforts of law enforcement officers in the course of an investigation.""

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces