Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• EFFC3B5E-259F-4DDB-8D5F-3277DA62595D.jpeg
    EFFC3B5E-259F-4DDB-8D5F-3277DA62595D.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 53
Starting over...

* BG is in 20s or 30s with a young look
* Full head of thick hair
* Pointy chin
* Hooded eyes
* Walks with hands in pocket
* Seems familiar with walking across the bridge
* Parked car at abandoned building near the trail sometime between 12-5pm the day the girls were murdered
* A witness has provided info (but we don't know if this is a "new" witness or a new direction on "old" info
* BG as local ties, possibly lives in Delphi or has reason to visit
* Seems to have some religious (Christian) affiliation
* Something about the crime has some sort of connection to The Shack movie and/or book
* Press conference announced before Easter weekend and held the day after Easter
* Carter expressed sadness and anger. Said he thinks of the girls and always will.
* Carter referred to Libby and Abby as "little girls"
* Carter said LE likely has interviewed BG and/or someone in his family
* Carter mentioned that this is all about power for BG
* Carter suggests that BG didn't want the investigation to change direction, but it has. Emphasized this.
* Carter said that the way the girls were left is not how they are now.

So...if you were reading this with fresh eyes, what would you think?

jmo

edited to correct timeframe for car parked at abandoned bldg.

Last edited:
I still think this was a random attack IMO. I don't really find it that odd simply because of other cases that have seemed like it HAD to be someone who knew the victim(s) and yet it was a stranger. Jayme Closs's abductor for instance--this huge tragedy happened because he happened to be stopped behind her bus one day and saw her getting on it. Then he shows up at her house, murders her parents, and abducts her. We all thought, this is personal, it HAS to be someone known to the victims, but...no. The same thing with Mollie Tibbets--she runs the same routes almost every day, such a small town, has to be someone she knows, but it was just a guy who happened to pass her running while he was driving down the road.

I wouldn't be surprised if BG was "trolling" the trails to find someone to either assault or kill. It is possible that was his intent that day, and tragically, the girls were there. Or it could be that he was walking the trails, had a weapon because he always carries a concealed weapon, and something about them "set him off" and it was unplanned on his part. I am torn on which I think it is. Neither makes this tragedy any better, of course. But IMO I don't think he knew they specifically were going to be there at that time. My understanding was the plans to go to the trails was rather last-minute by the girls (unless I have that fact wrong, which I might). So I don't know how many other people would even have the time to find out this info about their whereabouts.

Starting over...

* Pointy chin
* Hooded eyes
* Parked car at abandoned building near the trail sometime between 1-5pm the day the girls were murdered
* A witness has provided info (but we don't know if this is a "new" witness or a new direction on "old" info
* Something about the crime has some sort of connection to The Shack movie and/or book
* Press conference announced before Easter weekend and held the day after Easter
* Carter expressed sadness and anger. Said he thinks of the girls and always will.
* Carter suggests that BG didn't want the investigation to change direction, but it has. Emphasized this.

jmo
Is the car parked 1-5 a typo or has their parameter changed?

Starting over...

* Pointy chin
* Hooded eyes
* Parked car at abandoned building near the trail sometime between 1-5pm the day the girls were murdered

jmo
Wonderful! Thanks for doing this. Just one small detail - the car was parked at the old CPS/DCS building between 12 p.m. and 5 p.m.
Investigators clarify why they released new sketch in Delphi double murder case

Help me understand. I do not think Mike Patty/ Libbys grandfather/guardian is responsible but how did he know that the murders happened quickly? Where did he state that? Where did he learn of that information?

<modsnipped broken quote>
it makes me more confused! It seems they have some significant details, almost as though they know who it is. But then why not bring the person in, why the press conference?

Last edited by a moderator:
The sheriff disagrees. I’m confident that he would know.

The confession came before law enforcement could locate him.

BROWNWOOD, Texas - Murder suspect Ryan Derek Riggs was never on the radar until a composite sketch of the killer - drawn from a new method that uses DNA to predict physical appearances - was released, Brown County Sheriff Vance Hill said Thursday.

Riggs, 21, is being held in Brown County Jail on a murder charge. He allegedly sexually assaulted and then killed Lake Brownwood resident Chantay Blankinship.

Hill said his office and the district attorney's office spent $4,000 to hire a company with a lab in Virginia to use DNA to generate the image - and that $4,000 is the best money his office has ever spent.

Brown County Sheriff: Murder suspect...

Starting over...

* Pointy chin
* Hooded eyes

jmo
I don't think "The Shack" has anything to do with this. Too much thinking.

I don't think "The Shack" has anything to do with this. Too much thinking.

Is LE trained, at all, in giving press conferences to NOT mention things that will make people preoccupied with needless details/chatter/speculation?

"The Indiana Intelligence Fusion Center uses facial recognition technology from Vigilant Solutions to assist local, state and federal agencies in generating leads to identify persons of interest and solve crimes, large and small."

"Sgt. Jeff Carmin has spent most of his career in the more traditional roles of two city police departments and the Indiana State Police, performing traffic and criminal investigations throughout the state. He is now the director of operations at the Indiana Intelligence Fusion Center (IIFC) in Indianapolis."

How facial recognition solves cases in Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member